[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

32 minutes ago, Dramafreak said:

Ahhh so this means that only the tip disappeared in the field where he is remembering JTE and himself?

But any idea why LR's flute disintegrates but LG's doesnt? 

If you ( @mychoiyoung )could share links to your previous answers then will read. Sorry to bother. 

Just read @Heretorant 's explanation and it makes sense... i guess.

1. Yes to your 1st question

2. I replied earlier to a couple of soompi members some pages back and my explanation is like this: Since 2020 LR ceases to exist cos idiot 1994 LR killed him, then the flute of 2020 LR ceases to exist as well. 

Some have reasoned that LR's flute vanished because during that encounter between the 2 LRs, the original flute was still whole, locked up with King Lee Ho & therefore there could not be more than 1 flute.  My problem  with that explanation is that if that were the case, shouldn't the half-flute of 2020 LR vanished as soon as he entered the 1994 space time, or at least when the 2 LRs were talking & in close proximity to the whole flute? Why only after 2020 LR got killed?

Hope this helps.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

After ALL THIS and back tracking... I still don't know what you all are sayng.

I purposely skipped episode 13 last week because I knew the cliffhanger then would be bad. That is because Korean writers plan for the even number cliffhangers. Now that I have episode 13 and 14 should I watch it?

Otherwise would wait all the way till next Thur and watch episode 13-15 then wake up for episode 16.

Because JY and SJ are not proper 3rd wheels. And there is no secondary romance. The main OTP seems to be perpetually separated. Case in point the phone booth writing fancy showing off off past/ present in the same scene.

And all of you are still trying to work out the logistics. You are all not even guessing the plot? You are trying to understand the writer's logic.  You know we just normally speculate on the plot. Here you are trying to work out.... actually I don't even know what you are all discussing. There's LG, LR, Luna, JTE, JY, SJ, ES, PM Goo, JH's mum, fate, what else? Shesh... not at you all but the writer. How many characters need to be wrapped up? Even Noh was there and I liked the Corea Na Ri but she has no plot of her own?

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

6 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

It is now obvious that this drama will end in a love triangle.
Tae Eul and...
The Lee Gon who travels from the past.
The Lee Gon who lived a normal life.

:relaxed:

Nope, you’re most certainly wrong.

It’s obvious this show will end with:

JTE dying.

Lee Gon buries her in the world in between.

She blooms into forget me nots.

Lee Gon lives for eternity with his field of JTE.

Their love lasts for eternity. 

Awwwhhhhh :tears:

*edit* I’m the biggest troll in the world, starting every page with negativity :lol:

Episode 14 is still my favorite episode up to date, next to episode 10. Forgive me now. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 16

24 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

After ALL THIS and back tracking... I still don't know what you all are sayng.

You said that we are not theorizing but that is not correct. We know what happened and we theorize what is gonna happen next and you couldn't have missed on picking that up unless you didn't read or can't read. All the shows I have been following last 2 years were theory heavy GoT, Witcher, You, TKEM, Arthdal etc etc. It's complex story telling. 

Building massive world such as the one in TKEM requires such it's not the typical rom-com where you are hit with everything direct in your face but it has vast world building and multiverse, time-travel, 4 story arcs build into one

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

JTE dying.

*edit* I’m the biggest troll in the world, starting every page with negativity :lol:

Episode 14 is still my favorite episode up to date, next to episode 10. Forgive me now. 

How do you calculate the top of the page every time?
Do you have a weird flute at home?!!

:lol:

Episode 14 and 11 are my favorites.
And yet, I have a bunch of poop that I want to send on episode 14!!
But yeah, Lee Lim killing Lee Lim, Lee Gon slowly traveling to the future and meeting Tae Eul, the final hug with Tae Eul throwing herself at Lee Gon.
It was all very good.
+ a lot of other things, like Lee Lim using pictures instead of balloons to mark the in-between world.

In my head I keep insulting the writer and/or the director, because it could be much more intense with almost nothing. But they are too snobbish to just insert a subtitle with a date. So by the time you understand the context of a scene, it's already too late to be there and receive the emotional impact. This is a serious problem that prevents immersion. But that's not new, it's been like that since the beginning...

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

19 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

JTE dying.

I stop my backtracking and lost the 6 post I want to quote because of this. 

Why???? And how did you come up to this conclusion? Did I miss some breadcrumbs on this past episode? The only thing foreshadowing was when she lay in the side of the street after stabbed by Luna and she remembered her first encounter with LG, and she said “hug him JTE, you don’t have much time”

If one of them will die, LMH and KGE has to date in real life, to pay for it :D

OR, you are just playing with our hearts :). 

• Like 1
  • LOL 14

10 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

My brain and heart hurts so much , I am sleepless , I should sleep and I will wait 3 hours for translation , My poor Lee Gon :bawling:

And: I knew LG only:thumbsup:

I google trad, using subtitle edit. It's not 100% accurate, but it goes well.

Sometimes it's a bit difficult with this drama when it come to be precise at what they say.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

3 minutes ago, scrawford said:

I stop my backtracking and lost the 6 post I want to quote because of this. 

Why???? And how did you come up to this conclusion? Did I miss some breadcrumbs on this past episode? The only thing foreshadowing was when she lay in the side of the street after stabbed by Luna and she remembered her first encounter with LG, and she said “hug him JTE, you don’t have much time”

If one of them will die, LMH and KGE has to date in real life, to pay for it :D

OR, you are just playing with our hearts :). 

Chingu, don’t give me that option! You know I’ll kill either LG or JTE within a heartbeat! :lol: Real happy ending = reel happy ending! 

Hahahaha, yes, I’m totally trolling with that ending. Not going to happen!

What I actually foresee: a happy ending with lots of bed scenes and twin babies. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 11

2 hours ago, wenchanteur said:

I'd say even if Shin-Jay is useful in the end...
He's been useless for far too long, until now.
So, shoooo!!!!!

In my opinion, both their story arcs are not really serving any purpose at the moment. SJ more than JY though

I simply just don't care about them

Let's see if that changes in the next two episodes ;)

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

10 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

F it I forgot that

I HATE TIME TRAVEL AHHH.  I'm a total masochist, every single thing I watch involves time travel and I love it but I hate it but I'm addicted to it UGH.

I really hope LG took a detour to 2009 and caught a glimpse of a certain look a like with puffy curly hair...something about boys and maybe flowers?

It would be a lewk for sure.

You should watch the best movie about that, Primer.

Here the explanation (don't read it, just look quickly and watch the movie first.)

You will see that TKEM is a joke after that. B)

Spoiler

VACTBSE.jpg

FwEK0.jpg

primer-timeline-funny-1.png&f=1&nofb=1

10 hours ago, madmad min said:

BINGO?!!!>>>???

@Dramafreak Yoyo Kid is one entity, The bicycle KID and Yoyo KID is one entity, the kid stated that THERE IS ONLY 1 of of HIM/HER when he/she gave JTE the knife in KOC where she was kidnapped. Restorer of balance, The kid is FATE , the Kid is a form of manpasikjeok. Atleast what I think.

So obvious since so many episodes.

Who don't know this, past episode 7 ?

:weary:

Reversal rule comment.

• LOL 5

What an episode it was....

I will explain Timeloop in layman terms. 

- It's like a circle which means things are coming circle

- What LG did here in this episode was go back to the past and alter the time from there by changing some events and segments what this will do is change the present and future. 

Quick Example: Lets say you! We take you as an example. You had a shitty job for the last 5 years and went underpaid you could have gotten a better job but you were afraid of not finding another job so you remained on that job..... Lets assume one day you were given the chance to travel back 5 years to warn yourself from 5 years ago and lets assume yourself from 5 years ago listens and accepts your advise to change path. 

Timeline 1: Shitty job and underpaid ----- year: 2015 to 2020 - You are very poor here and live shitty life. 

Timeline 2: You travelled back in time warned yourself and changed path. You got yourself instead high paying job that same year in 2015 fast forward to 2020 you are filithy rich. 

Conclusion: What happens is that timeline 1 simply gets altered out of history and you will forget it happened because you changed direction by altering the past and instead created timeline 2 which means timeline 2 because your reality.

We saw in TKEM JTE all of sudden getting hit with memories which she knew didn't existed before like the 94 and 2016 meetings due to LG altering something in the past and it took hold and became the future. 

Timeline 1- LG1 saves LG2 drops ID card  

Timeline 2- LG2 saves LG3 drops ID card - LG2 goes to JTE3 alteres her memories slightly

Timeline 3- LG3 meets JTE3 but she recognizes him because LG2 have been working behind the scenes to ensure that 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 8

19 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Chingu, don’t give me that option! You know I’ll kill either LG or JTE within a heartbeat! :lol: Real happy ending = reel happy ending! 

Hahahaha, yes, I’m totally trolling with that ending. Not going to happen!

What I actually foresee: a happy ending with lots of bed scenes and twin babies. 

Phew...... I’m glad. I want reel and real happy ending, hehehe I’m greedy that way. And yes... I’d like to have at least one more passionate scene. Lol! *always in gutterland

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, violet.ears said:

When both LG and LR were in that in-between place, the photo of JTE on LR's side fell to the floor and burned. There was sprouting of leaves, which I assume are the seeds JTE planted. Why did the photo sink to the ground (non-living thing), why did it burn (no air) and why does it cause the seeds to sprout (no light)? Is it because both halves of the flutes was in the space at the same time? I totally did not understand this scene. It's strange that it was planted at LG's side but it sprouted at LR's side. LR must be very confused everytime he travel between worlds, like what is this plant doing here?

I had 2 posts that are related to this issue, please see link below. 

@SweetButters - my wild imagination seems to have hit something, eh?

I think we will see LG go back in time again, that is where the 2nd pair of shoes will appear. The 2 pair of shoes are definitely different, one has a star embossed on the sides while the other was just plain black canvas shoes. I doubt this was an error.

@violet.ears  I truly hope you are right! God knows how much was used up figuring out that saviour issue. As mentioned several times, if it is a wardrobe gaffe - DANG! I can hear the sound of millions of collective saviour/shoe ideas clogging the drain as they went down, LOL

• Like 7
  • Love 1