[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

2 hours ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:
Spoiler

I am a winner but I am SO SAAAAADDD!! :bawling:

Thank God (and KES’ ... oops, I mean Lady Noh’s TALISMANS :ph34r:) that LMH posted VERY LATE on his IG! :lol: l have to be honest - I think I am more invested in the real life cryptic IG posts of Uri Beloved Couple than the Drama! 

I have kinda given up on theories ... and I prepared funeral candles and laments for JTE ... so I guess she’s not gonna die?

LG did not start his time travel cos she died??

And I thought JY was supposed to PROTECT JTE??

So how TF did Luna get to her???

And why TF did JTE confront Luna ALONE? JTE being stubborn?? Wanting to prove ______??? Why didn’t she get ES to go along with her???? 

And why did Luna want JTE dead again??? She wants JTE’s organs AFTER stabbing her??? 

And Yo-yo Kid = Manpasikjeok?  

Back to Uri Beloved  Couple - their level of acting is amazing awe inspiring!! WOW!! Uri Ms Sunshine KGE especially ... Luna and JTE are 2 VERY different persons / night and day! 

I am wondering how TF everything’s gonna be tied up though ...

Call me crazy but i think they are dating. There i said it. I had to come out finally. I got my inspiration from @koreaboooo

Edited by Jillia
Quote too long
  • Like 1
  • LOL 17
  • Love 4

9 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

2) Why must we wonder about everything? Do we always need to know how, why and when someone got somewhere? I’m not too concerned. If it’s significant, they will show later. If not, she was there because she was just there. 

Babe, you're talking to the girls that analyzed shoe color, the imagery of the bullet hitting the stained glass window in the middle, counted bullets, and measured LMH's legs.  We became somehow convinced that rabbits were going to save the day, and despite all of our efforts to murder JTE, she keeps surviving.

It's a sickness.

• Like 1
  • LOL 21
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Call me crazy but i think they are dating. There i said it. I had to come out finally. I got my inspiration from @koreaboooo

Call me crazy but I second this! :lol:

—————————————

I changed my display photo to the most glorious moment of LR’s life because I’m a loser. 

Imagine people who are lurking here and have no idea what kind of deal we had. More than half the display photo shows LR, PM, or Luna. What will they think? :lol:

—————————————

@AgentQuake for a moment there, I forgot we ever analyzed stupid shoes. May my display photo serve as a reminder for myself from now on.

jrkwjdkejwkdjlejsoshdoe

I STILL FEEL CHEATED!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 17

21 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Here where I can fully accept that this drama is fantasy. When such thing like that happens in a drama, it’s a sign to say there’s a happy ending. It’s magic.

2) Why must we wonder about everything? Do we always need to know how, why and when someone got somewhere? I’m not too concerned. If it’s significant, they will show later. If not, she was there because she was just there. 

All I would say to this is that, the creator has tried to explain everything through science, myth, poem and literature. One can find fault with everything but her need to logically explain and connect everything.

Thus, i think there is symbolism at play here. @violet.ears we still dont know what the current LR who kills his future self gets as legacy from him. If the entire passage continues to have pictures then indeed it might be fate at play which is destroying the presence of JTE from LR's memories such that she continues to be the "move that he did not make" irrespective of the number of time travels. Me thinks that because her photo gets destroyed in his realm, it pops up as a plant in LG's. Again my take but I think this will be explained. However, though this realm did not have air in it LG and JTE have had conversations there soo... :D

also LG says no gravity yet people stand on the ground and not fly or stay afloat... so...

**Edited

@madmad min you are right. Yo yo child is one but for the sake of the audience to distinguish which land the child was in they changed the child's appearance, no? That is why my first reaction was oh LG's Korean mom in Corea... then i remembered the child is one in both worlds, maybe a continuity error/discrepancy! Does that help?

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

1 minute ago, Heretorant said:

Call me crazy but I second this! :lol:

—————————————

I changed my display photo to the most glorious moment of LR’s life because I’m a loser. 

Imagine people who are lurking here and have no idea what kind of deal we had. More than half the display photo shows LR, PM, or Luna. What will they think? :lol:

Oh! Noo! I will have to do this as well. :bawling: Because I am loser

• Like 1
  • LOL 13

7 hours ago, koreaboooo said:

To the people who are confused why the Manpashikjeok faded, it's because there can only exist 1 Manpashikjeok. Before the yoyo child says there's only 1 of itself. At that moment in time, it's year 1994, the Manpashikjeok exists already locked up. Past LR cannot obtain the half of the Manpashikjeok that comes from the future when he has not obtain it yet, thus when he held the coup later on, that's when he obtain the half he will currently hold.

My take on this is that since 2020 LR ceases to exist cos idiot 1994 LR killed him, then the flute that 2020 LR has ceases to exist as well.  You are right that during that encounter between the 2 LRs, the original whole flute was locked up with King Lee Ho but if we use that as the explanation shouldn't the half-flute of 2020 LR vanish as soon as he entered the 1994 space time, or at least when the 2 were talking & in close proximity to the whole flute?

• Like 8
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Babe, you're talking to the girls that analyzed shoe color, the imagery of the bullet hitting the stained glass window in the middle, counted bullets, and measured LMH's legs.  We became somehow convinced that rabbits were going to save the day, and despite all of our efforts to murder JTE, she keeps surviving.

It's a sickness.

@Heretorant Secretary Mo needs to plan the wedding unless she gets to announce the Arrival of Crown Prince/Princess first.That is the priority, other things can go eat the grass. :D

Be Still THY Heart.

Also Everyone is a PHOENIX in the show Those who are directly related to LG at-least.

Multiple killing attempts on ES- status alive and owner of a Carr

Multiple killing attempts on JY or not- Status Useless and still alive

Multiple attempts of Soompi Killing JTE- Status SHE IS ALIVE and eating chicken in next episode.

Multiple attempts to poision LG- He ends up being in wormhole and Korea-Corea hole.

• Like 1
  • LOL 18

7 minutes ago, Dramafreak said:

you are right. Yo yo child is one but for the sake of the audience to distinguish which land the child was in they changed the child's appearance, no? That is why my first reaction was oh LG's Korean mom in Corea... then i remembered the child is one in both worlds, maybe a continuity error/discrepancy! Does that help?

I feel after the SHOE hack 50% of things are continuity error. I get where your confusion stemmed from :D . The visual aspects of clarity were not clear in the first half of the show.

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Also,

What exactly is Yeong playing at here?  Here's what we know:

• Lady Noh has known the whole time that at some point, LG will come back to save himself.
  • Yeong was allowed to get close to LG as a child, and became his most trusted advisor/protector.
    • Yeong was technically not allowed to go and get all in LG's face, but Lady Noh said it was all part of the plan.
    • In the first episode, Yeong was wandering around LG's personal residence, which I'm guessing was Papa King's before that.  Someone must have let him in, and LG even asked (ok, yelled) about how he got in there.
    • In a coronation and mourning ceremony full of world leaders, Yeong was the only other kid wandering around the place.
    • The bb Yeong that we see, if he had stayed the same since childhood, would probably have become someone more like Eun Sup.  However, the stoic and brutal Yeong that we actually have must have had someone influence to become that way.

Could Yeong be someone that Lady Noh's installed in place and has been influencing?

I hope what you're saying turns out to be true because in the last two episodes JY has appeared to be pretty much useless.

First he went out at the wrong time and LG got poisoned. And then he was supposed to protect JTE and she ended up getting stabbed.

Also he was pretty mean to JTE in this episode.

It was annoying

• Like 12

Sorry, I can't say "I'm a loser" yet.
I have no proof yet that the rescue scene won't happen a second time, due to another time travel back in time.
It is likely to happen.
It was too early to conduct this poll...

:glasses:

If that doesn't happen, please banish the prop man who screwed up two different pairs of shoes.

• Like 4
  • LOL 11

Short review part 2:

It was LR the stupidest. No wonder he never win whatever he wants. He even killed his future self who came to save him. I think he'll join arm with that evil witch KSR. She's more scarier than him. I'm very anxious what she's trying to do behind her sleeves this time. That mackerel thing must be one of her starting point to begin her next coup d'tat to be the second LR.

Oh. I love how writer gives us the answers to the early mysteries piece by piece. Every pictures are coming into its places, making it looked pretty clear to tell what it is all about. It's how Luna becomes the clickbait for past LG to notice  about all of this dimensional thingy. The answer to why LeeEul couple skips a lot of things. How these fates keep repeating all this times. Everything seems to fit in. LG efforts in changing things result in multiple time loops and reaches to this point, he finally make a lot different progress than before. I am amazed to how beautiful writer KES wrote all of this neatly. I am glad she did explain about all of this and didn't just take a fantasy nonsense as an excuse when things fall unexplainable. It feels like we're finally getting the teacher reveals some of the answers. It's a nice feeling. Really love it!

There we finally get to the stabbing scenes. Don't worry she'll be saved. We've got pretty lots of life threatening scenes trolled us so far. Ah... can't wait for tomorrow seeing both couple reunited. It would be so emotional and heartbreaking. I can't help but getting sad seeing LG is struggling himself to save and keep everything in balance. Is this his destiny that the deity has set to him.

But see on the bright side, who says that this drama lack of romances? Isn't it so romantic and pretty how their feelings transcends through time and space. Every lines feel so deep and less cheesy by now. My fave quotes from our king in today's episode.

"That's why I'm here today to be part of your memories of today. We're passing through different points in time at the moment. So until I get back, please don't get tired and hanging in there."

"I'm going now. Whenever I'm with you. I forget to keep count."

Even in these lines another answers revealed. He knows how to get the exact time. He found that way. By what, by counting. He shows us many times in the scenes before. But I am that slow to think he did that to keep tracking the right moment when he should go backward or forward through the time. That also signifies that when he could get the whole flute together and the balance created. They can meet again happily together. It's their destiny anyway.it what makes their love story feels so heartbreaking and yet beautiful.  Happy ending rate gets even higher in nunber significantly. :D

I wanted to rewatch once more but it's pretty late for me. Off to sleep first because tomorrow I have to go for works in the morning. Sigh. And brb here for more talks and all. Good night everyone! Well, dawn in morning actually here. 

• Like 7
  • Love 7

LG's Flute didn't completely disappear it was slowly cracking and he couldn't stay outside of the in-between for to long. He came to JTE 2 times once in 94 and 2016 to plant memories in her but most importantly it was a way for him to send message to her future self by altering a little piece of the past so that it takes hold and becomes the future. 

Currently we have 2 LG - LG1 and LG2? and TWO JTE - JTE1 - JTE2

The LG who kissed her that day was LG1 and she figure it out later. Everything seems to tie up together now nicely. 

- LG 2 (The young LG2 who was saved in episode 14 by LG1) He dosen't have memories of JTE but only the ID card but his future LG1 helped him alot in this timeline and set everything up for him nicely. He even altered slightly JTE2 memories for him. 

- The past and the future will soon converge and become one thats why you keep seeing JTE's memories constantly changing when ever LG added something to it by going back and entering something new into the past it takes hold and becomes part of the future.

- Episode 14 was a masterpiece but if you thought it couldn't get better wait for episode 15 it's gonna get easily better imo you will see LG2 and JTE2 meeting again, with the police scene, the horse ride into his world everything unfolding but they will show it quickly this time not using episodes. You will see the highlight of their romance unfold again somewhat of nostalgic. They will continue their romantic journey and get inconsiderate on a fresh start 

• Like 12
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 5

1 minute ago, wenchanteur said:

Sorry, I can't say "I'm a loser" yet.
I have no proof yet that the rescue scene won't happen a second time, due to another time travel back in time.
It is likely to happen.
It was too early to conduct this poll...

:glasses:

If that doesn't happen, please banish the prop man who screwed up two different pairs of shoes.

It was too early to maybe CLOSE THE Poll , starting time was right though. PROBABILITY of LG1/LG2 seems more still if coup d'etat happens again.

• Like 11

17 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

My take on this is that since 2020 LR ceased to exist cos idiot 1994 LR killed him, then the flute that 2020 LR has ceased to exist as well.  You are right that during that encounter between the 2 LRs, the original whole flute was locked up with King Lee Ho but if we use that as the explanation shouldn't the half-flute of 2020 LR vanish as soon as he entered the 1994 space time, or at least when the 2 were talking & in close proximity to the whole flute?

Note how I said obtain it. The flute doesn't disappear if the person who had obtained it, kept it. Past LR didn't obtained the flute yet so he can't take something from the future that existed in the past. The flute was obtained by the future LR so it didn't disappear when he had it, but when past LR try to take it, it disappeared. Future LG kept the his part of the flute on him so it doesn't disappear because Future LG had obtained it when he was a child. Past LR hasn't obtained it yet since the flute during his time loop is still locked away, but Future LR obtained it during his coup which past LR has not initiated yet. I don't think Past LR would've been able to use the flute even if he didn't kill Future LR because that flute is an entity that exists in the future and can exist as only one. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 6

the 14 ep is just mind blowing 

everything is starting to get unwind but i have a question

since 2020 LR is killed by his 1994 self shouldn't  he had some sort of memory 

so he somehow revised that event ? but he can't go back in time with just his half:crazy:

in the preview he is meeting w PM but how since he is dead?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, aya02 said:

the 14 ep is just mind blowing 

everything is starting to get unwind but i have a question

since 2020 LR is killed by his 1994 self shouldn't  he had some sort of memory 

so he somehow revised that event ? ut he can't go back in time with just his half:crazy:

in the preview he is meeting w PM but how since he is dead?

So obvious. :weary:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

SHIN JAE DON'T LET ME DOWN.

Also I am going to include Kang Fake Jae in this too.

Here's a funny thought.  We spent hours and days wracking our brains wondering how and why Luna snuck past the royal guards into the race tracks, and why she was running.  She MUST be a time remnant of JTE!  She's secretly in love with LG!  She's a hero and wants to save him!  She's ready to start off the whole journey.  She's the left over JTE from the coup who's been living 25 years in KOC!  She's a magician who got in!

Yeah...no.

Well played, KES and Pyeha.  Well freaking played.

Also if it's been 4 months, I hope LG's showered somewhere. And found a washing machine.

it's 4 months for him to travel back to the present, i don't think it has to relate to the time btw him leaving the clinic & getting back to taeul

• Like 2