[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

12 minutes ago, Amy323 said:

In my opinion, both their story arcs are not really serving any purpose at the moment. SJ more than JY though

I simply just don't care about them

Let's see if that changes in the next two episodes ;)

I give a go for Jo Yeong because :

- Environment character for a long time, appears only with the main character, easy to remember, obvious function.
- Funny rule: anything funny is acceptable, and then Jo Yeong is funny with Eun Sup, or even Lee Gon.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Wanderer062287 said:
  Hide contents

Please noooo :bawling: I'm still holding out hope that SJ is gonna be something more. I did not spend so much time learning about his life just to see the care center :bawling:

You and me both. 
Im still holding out that he will be weapon or be a Knife so LG can cut his chicken. GIVE ME ANYTHING! 

I’m a loser.
But I can be  looser if we can get more beheading scenes. :naughty:

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

Hi this is my firs post in here and im sorry that ill just get straight to the point. i rlly didnt understand why did present LR chose to go back save the past LR?? cause if present LG remembered that it was him that saved young LG then it is only logical that present LR would also know that the past LR will kill him.

aaah im soooo confused. if someone understands it better than me pls enlighten me with you

• Like 3
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, kdaddict 95 said:

Hi this is my firs post in here and im sorry that ill just get straight to the point. i rlly didnt understand why did present LR chose to go back save the past LR?? cause if present LG remembered that it was him that saved young LG then it is only logical that present LR would also know that the past LR will kill him.

aaah im soooo confused. if someone understands it better than me pls enlighten me with you

He couldn't have known that his past self will kill him it's impossible due to where he was from. LR from the Future died in the past but he couldn't have known that because his the one in the future. He can only know what happened to him in the past. This was also LR first time going back in time to change something but it was LG's second time 

LG only recognized that because of the clothes he was wearing that night later in his life and close to the night he went back to the past in 94. 

Thats why LR couldn't have possible known and it was impossible. It was first trip back for him

• Like 4
  • Love 2

JY is now in trouble with our netizens. :ph34r:

JY needs to remove his distrust on JTE to do his work right, do whatever possible to listen to his King and protect whoever he asked him to do. Seriously, with the attitude that JY has with JTE, JY might really lose that head of his head.... or banished from court.

Otherwise, LG should just trade him with ES and leave JY in JTE's Korea :D as ES has proved his worth :lol:

It was kinda ironic when future LR was killed by his old self... showing how extremely evil he is. He was on a mission to kill his brother and no one, not even his future self is going to stop his evil deeds from happening. Reap what you sow? 

So, that would also mean that the future LR is gone, there shouldnt be any threats to LG and JTE in 2020, only the evil people who crossed the world, brought by LR... like Luna:angry:

• Like 7

ON LG - I'm going now. Whenever I'm with you. I forget to keep count. <---- SWOOOOOOOOON!

ON TE - I appreciate the consistency in the characterization of TE.  Remember her keen sense of smell?

1. In Epi 1, the police squad discovered the dead body of Lee Sang Do cos she remembered smelling something weird when she intentionally bumped into the car.

2. In Epi 13, she remembered smelling something sweet when she was kidnapped.  Turns out the forest near the warehouse where she was kept is full of cinnamon trees

3. Then in this epi, she smelled the gas from the apartment so they were able to flee from the blast.

Yeah, so I like those kinds of character quirks. 

Meanwhile,  am I the only one scared of this lady?

TRqwee4l.png

• Like 8
  • LOL 14
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, mychoiyoung said:

1. We still have LL in the current timeline who is 1994 LL. Since 1994 LL did not believe 2020 LL, he will continue with his plan, fail and be the LL that we have now.

Delurking. Love love love everyone’s theories, rhetorics, explanations, recaps and sharing pictures/videos. Thank you, oh wise ones! *airhugs*

Not sure this has been discussed yet:

Edit: Yes it was. Hah! Sorry, I was 5 hours late to cover this.

My thoughts on LL: now that the 2020 LL was killed by his 1994 past self, he ceases to exist in 2020. Because the 1994 LL will continue to do exactly what the 2020 LL has done already. Yo-yo Flute Boy/Girl says, “So, the traitor failed to save himself. Instead, he created the monster that he is today.” So he’ll go to 2020 doing the same things, and then travel to 1994 AGAIN to try and persuade his past and get killed AGAIN. It’s a loop that he can’t get out of...maybe. LOL. (My thoughts are a bit sketchy) UNLESS, 1994 LL has gotten wise enough when he realizes that the coup failed and changed his plans (again). BUT somewhere in this second loop, LL gets caught by JTE and SJ and that’s why we see that scene in episode 1 in the police station with a bloodied LL in handcuffs. Probably due to whatever genius things 2020 LG does to the future-past.

I’m not 100% sure about this, but wanted to contribute some thoughts.

Who else is a tad confused of all this timey-wimey shenanigans, like YoYo-Flute Boy/Girl hoped LG wouldn’t lose his timey-wimey way back to 2020? “Will he return safe and sound without getting lost?” 

Also, I never played the game (haven’t logged on for a few days-hello 300+pages!) but I always thought it was LG that saved himself. Lee Min Ho’s stature cannot ever go unnoticed.  *wink, wink* (Shout out to City Hunter fans!) 

Thanks again to ya all’s contributions. This has been an extremely fun ride reading. 

Edited by Jafstar
  • Like 8
  • Love 5

JY character is annoying and useless as of now. ES is more mature  and reliable and is more of help to LF and TE... IM annoyed with JY and SJ... They are both useless . I also dont get the character build up of SJ.  he  was given a lot of screen time in the past episodes and i try to watch it already it bores me lol,,,, what now? will he do some heroic things in the last 2 episodes so as to give justice to his lots of screen time in the previous episode?  For now,I consider SJ   lots of scenes a waste of time, I would be much happy if that amount of screentime was given to ES.... 

Edited by Jam Dungca
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I always thought and believe that LG was the one who save himself since the start of this series. WHY? Simply because the savior is the highlight of this series and  that important  character should be LG since he is the main star or character of this drama,,,, Simple as that... SJ being the savior will take away the essence of LG character as the king of eternal monarch... Its only fitting that LG save his past self and no one else. 

• Like 8

The kind of explanation a needy person who doesn't understand anything about TKEM can get, when coming on soompi :

JTE meets JY in QOK, timestop 17^2 while LL goes in ROK 19^2 and LG in ROK 23^2 (plot-hole) with ES via the in-between. There, SM and LN meet JY and LL meet PMK while LG comes back in QOK 29^2 looking for JTE talking with LN who say coming from ROK, and brings her back in ROK 31^2 with a red ballon after JTE get flower from LG2, and comes back in QOK 37^2 with ES instead JY while YYK both in QOK and ROK talks to SM about LL before LL kill LL in the past QOK. So, saviors are LG and LG2 with 2 differents shoes.

• LOL 4

28 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

He couldn't have known that his past self will kill him it's impossible due to where he was from. LR from the Future died in the past but he couldn't have known that because his the one in the future. He can only know what happened to him in the past. This was also LR first time going back in time to change something but it was LG's second time 

LG only recognized that because of the clothes he was wearing that night later in his life and close to the night he went back to the past in 94. 

Thats why LR couldn't have possible known and it was impossible. It was first trip back for him

thnks alot :heart: you cleared it to me by saying it was his first time going back in time while it was LG second time.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, SweetButters said:

No problem:wub: ! I was going to type everything out as how it pertains to TKEM, but I'm so lazy/I don't feel like it :joy:! Enjoy!

In case you decide to type why and how it applied to TKEM then please tag me.

I am hoping that at some point you are tempted :)

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

21 minutes ago, Jam Dungca said:

JY character is annoying and useless as of now. ES is more mature  and reliable and is more of help to LF and TE... IM annoyed with JY and SJ... They are both useless . I also dont get the character build up of SJ.  he  was given a lot of screen time in the past episodes and i try to watch it already it bores me lol,,,, what now? will he do some heroic things in the last 2 episodes so as to give justice to his lots of screen time in the previous episode?  For now,I consider SJ   lots of scenes a waste of time, I would be much happy if that amount of screentime was given to ES.... 

The thing is though - SJ and JY both had phenomenal potential.  If I had it my way:

SJ - an involuntary switcheroo that is suffering from two timelines in his head, and has been gaslit his whole life.  His entire journey should've been solving his mystery with his friends on the detective team, and his little sister JTE.   Instead of the stupid love triangle, he dislikes LG at the beginning because of his childhood trauma.  He needs everything to have a reason, purpose, and lawful.  He ends up making the discovery and altercation with Yeong at 8, and instead of storming off for like, 3 episodes, he has a meltdown because his past and present collide together and ends up becoming LG's ROK Unbreakable Sword.  Aside from LG, he has THE most reason to hate LL.  LL stole him from his life, gaslit him, took everything from him, and now he's stuck.  He never should've been the random third wheel to JTE/LG, then vanish for episodes, have some weird gambling parents crap.  He should've been their anchor on the ROK side as he found his true identity. 

We still could've had them dislike each other because SJ didn't want some unidentified weirdo with his sister figure, and LG could've disliked him because of his closeness with JTE.  But SJ's past is closest tied to LG's, and they should've woven them together more. 

JY - He went from a cheerful little kid who tagged along LG's stoic and arrogant child self, and then somewhere along the line they swapped roles.  Yes, he wants the King to be happy, but WHY?  Yes, he and the rest of the team will give their lives to protect the King, but expand on that.  Why are you so cold now?  Maybe 15 and 16 will tell us that from a young age, he's been in cahoots with Lady Noh to protect LG, and from the start, he knew that he was protecting the King from a greater evil.  But we have two episodes left, and 900000 plot points.  Yeong is being careless and has caused both of his charges to become hurt.  He went 26 years as the best of the best when it came to protecting the King, and you're telling me that in 4 months, he manages to miss LG being poisoned and then JTE gets stabbed.  Even if he wasn't sure which one was Luna and which was JTE, BOTH WERE RIGHT THERE!  He should've been tailing both.

But yeah nope.  We're getting crumbs of crap for both.

• Like 10
  • Sad 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, lupeace said:

Plot-hole

OR because at this point LL 1994 don't have the flute, and LG 5y old get the half flute

OR because LG don't cheat with time and do what is supposed to do (save himself) but LL cheat and do an new event (meet himself) not existing in the previous timeline.

OR any other far-fetched explanation.

At this point, if I was the writer, any far-fetched explanation is OK.

Nobody will see this...

Except you. :D

Came out of lurking to join you guys finally, especially since the end is near :bawling: Although I've been lurking (since like page 200), yall best believe I was right there with you guys holding funerals for TE to counting abs on LG in the hospital bed to putting on my clown makeup for theories. 

Episode 14 was one wild ride - I had to keep replaying scenes over and over again cuz I was confuzzled to the max but seriously living for every moment. 

One thing I do want to share about how I understood the timeline. 

Spoiler

I don't know if this will make sense but I'd like to think of it as a singular timeline where the past is basically playing catch up to the present time. But the past is playing out simultaneously in real time with the present. Maybe that's why LG keeps saying I'm coming to you, I'm almost there, etc. And since they're happening simultaneously, we see the new past memories being consolidated to the present time TE in real time. So if this were true, I guess new past LG & OUR LG will consolidate into 1 person once time gets caught up and OUR flute will disappear completely since new past LG will have it.

Also, I think there was someone asking about the balloons. BoD wrote a pretty good theory about it: http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2020/06/01/the-king-the-balloons/

Excited to see what KES has in store for us for the last 2 eps. Her mind is brilliant & every plot is unpredictable. I am joining the prayer circle for a happy ending. 

the lonely island comedy trio - Google Search | Prayer circle ...

OH AND I LOST LMAO 

& Happy 700+ pages!! Can't believe how LTE this thread has been going... 

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1