[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Also,

What exactly is Yeong playing at here?  Here's what we know:

• Lady Noh has known the whole time that at some point, LG will come back to save himself.
  • Yeong was allowed to get close to LG as a child, and became his most trusted advisor/protector.
    • Yeong was technically not allowed to go and get all in LG's face, but Lady Noh said it was all part of the plan.
    • In the first episode, Yeong was wandering around LG's personal residence, which I'm guessing was Papa King's before that.  Someone must have let him in, and LG even asked (ok, yelled) about how he got in there.
    • In a coronation and mourning ceremony full of world leaders, Yeong was the only other kid wandering around the place.
    • The bb Yeong that we see, if he had stayed the same since childhood, would probably have become someone more like Eun Sup.  However, the stoic and brutal Yeong that we actually have must have had someone influence to become that way.

Could Yeong be someone that Lady Noh's installed in place and has been influencing?

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, sd24 said:

this episode amused me . i never tot the story can get more absurd then the previous 13 episodes and the best part thousand of staff and millions of money inluding netflix brand name were spent on such drama which none of the staff present on duty object to the storyline and actually decided to work on it. is it bcoz of the bubble tea or too much chicken that they went along with this weird script. wow i tot in my lifetym none can top off the weird and out of sense story of eternal sunshine of spotless mind movie, but thnx to kes it tops off all absurd movies n drama. even rotten tomatoes wont rate this drama as there wont b enough stars left .

What? You must retarded if you can't wrap your head around this script. It's complex and for grown ups concept. Have you ever watched Inception or any other time travel sci-fi series or movies. This is not rom-com or happy merry go round or makjang

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Why was yoyo kid talking to LJH's mom? Why was she even squatting in an alley for a smoke, talking to a kid and her bodyguard was not doing anything? Is yoyo kid going to save her? We see after that she's passed out on her bodyguard's back and they are bringing here away from the gas-lighted apartment. Where are they going, and why did LG ask JY to look for her?

My take:

Not a linear edit. This scene means that LJH's mom from Korea is in Corea. (What!!¡¡)

I think the scene is to explain to us the audience what happened, however how it works in the plot as a plot point I dont know.

(1) i thought that bookstore was destroyed.

(2) if she is carried on someone's back from Korea to Corea then this scene should have come after the house being destroyed by fire.

Maybe it is creative freedom?

And i think the plant grows on LG's side. Because some form of LG will go to JTE with the flowers (episode 10 last sequence)

I am just wrapping my head around: LR of the current dateline dies. So while LG who goes to the past is spending time in the mysterious realm, uncle LR of 1994 is again repeating everything? So what happens to his current timeline? How will he collect all memories of everythinf he did? Photos of his portal but what about actual events? How will he know how he got PM on his side ... u know what I mean?

How does this connect with the JTE 2021 video that LG saw on JY's computer?

Is it HP3 or a loop or what?

After episode 16 can someone please tell me the story in a linear format with the science and the maths... my head is going round and round :)

@violet.ears your post wasnt long. You stated everything that confused me and yup... your sidenotes were the best :)

• Like 10
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Also,

What exactly is Yeong playing at here?  Here's what we know:

• Lady Noh has known the whole time that at some point, LG will come back to save himself.
  • Yeong was allowed to get close to LG as a child, and became his most trusted advisor/protector.
    • Yeong was technically not allowed to go and get all in LG's face, but Lady Noh said it was all part of the plan.
    • In the first episode, Yeong was wandering around LG's personal residence, which I'm guessing was Papa King's before that.  Someone must have let him in, and LG even asked (ok, yelled) about how he got in there.
    • In a coronation and mourning ceremony full of world leaders, Yeong was the only other kid wandering around the place.
    • The bb Yeong that we see, if he had stayed the same since childhood, would probably have become someone more like Eun Sup.  However, the stoic and brutal Yeong that we actually have must have had someone influence to become that way.

Could Yeong be someone that Lady Noh's installed in place and has been influencing?

CHANTING I TRUST WDH as he said in IG, I trust JY I trust JY and Lady NOH'S PLAN I do not know what STILL, I have to otherwise I will THROW my laptop out!!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 4

11 minutes ago, sd24 said:

this episode amused me . i never tot the story can get more absurd then the previous 13 episodes and the best part thousand of staff and millions of money inluding netflix brand name were spent on such drama which none of the staff present on duty object to the storyline and actually decided to work on it. is it bcoz of the bubble tea or too much chicken that they went along with this weird script. wow i tot in my lifetym none can top off the weird and out of sense story , but thnx to kes it tops off all absurd movies n drama. even rotten tomatoes wont rate this drama as there wont b enough stars left .

What happened to Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? Why did you remove your example?

Also as far as I know I am in the TKEM forum. Am I on youtube or something? Or in the comment section of those korean blogs/news sites?

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

8 minutes ago, Dramafreak said:

Not a linear edit. This scene means that LJH's mom from Korea is in Corea. (What!!¡¡)

I think the scene is to explain to us the audience what happened, however how it works in the plot as a plot point I dont know.

(1) i thought that bookstore was destroyed.

(2) if she is carried on someone's back from Korea to Corea then this scene should have come after the house being destroyed by fire.

Maybe it is creative freedom?

She is still in ROK, Unless Episode 13 LR took her as well and the Guard  or Person who is her driver to KOC as well.(He was observing them talking on the sideline)

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, madmad min said:

HE did, even if he did not believe then , he has to NOW at some level to be precautious or Kill LG earlier than expected, Unl

Is that why LR keeps trying to poison LG?

He tried thrice... SJ's mom, Noh's chickens and through Luna!

15 minutes ago, madmad min said:

2020 LR being interrogated by JTE/SJ scene is the clue and also broken FLUTE.There is atleast 2  more Time Travel 

This is exactly why we needed better editing and direction in the earlier episodes. How do we get to see the fun stuff because it does have hints of a loop.

But i see a happy ending.  :)

** Edited

@madmad min i associate this appearance of the child with Luna's world and the better kept appearance with Korea. It makes sense to not take too many people from K to C or vice versa... but if they are in Korea then it is a discrepancy?

Yo yo child is Corea, bicycle child is Korea... so...

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Heilo said:

If future LL kills past LL he will vanish right away so future LL can't kill past LL or otherwise he will vanish into thin air 

F it I forgot that

I HATE TIME TRAVEL AHHH.  I'm a total masochist, every single thing I watch involves time travel and I love it but I hate it but I'm addicted to it UGH.

I really hope LG took a detour to 2009 and caught a glimpse of a certain look a like with puffy curly hair...something about boys and maybe flowers?

It would be a lewk for sure.

• Like 2
  • LOL 17
  • Love 1

On 4/18/2020 at 12:23 AM, briseis said:

Also, what if Lee Rim by some twist or irony of fate actually didn’t kill his doppelganger but his actual future self. So many questions and possible answers.

Reveal hidden contents

OMG! ANOTHER EPIC PIECE OF FORESHADOWING BY THE WRITER FROM EPISODE 1! WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND!

LR goes for the neck - be it his own self, his doppelganger or his nephew - it makes sense because it's the same person.

Spoiler

RuBFHCH.jpg5BUjoVK.jpgRdQmgC4.jpgj2TVU3d.jpg

GQpKEAG.jpg

Lee Rim, in his madness, he sees the truth about himself but still makes the same mistakes - he hasn't changed at all in those 26 years - he's always been a fool and a selfish bloodthirsty tyrant whose arrogance and ego blind him, he only thinks about himself. He still hasn't learned his lesson - if he has then he would know that his 1994 self would have slaughtered anyone who had the flute or anyone who he felt threatened by because he would tolerate no rivals - he even killed his own family so it makes sense he would kill his own future self to get his hands on the flute and the throne.

9D6dpVk.jpg

It's a vicious circle of sin Lee Rim can't escape. He can't save himself because he has never saved a single person in his life - he simply does not know how.zRQvS2S.jpg

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 12

13 minutes ago, Dramafreak said:

Is that why LR keeps trying to poison LG?

He tried thrice... SJ's mom, Noh's chickens and through Luna!

BINGO?!!!>>>???

@Dramafreak Yoyo Kid is one entity, The bicycle KID and Yoyo KID is one entity, the kid stated that THERE IS ONLY 1 of of HIM/HER when he/she gave JTE the knife in KOC where she was kidnapped. Restorer of balance, The kid is FATE , the Kid is a form of manpasikjeok. Atleast what I think.

Edited by madmad min
Longer Review
  • Like 14

4 hours ago, violet.ears said:

Things I didn't understand:

1. When both LG and LR were in that in-between place, the photo of JTE on LR's side fell to the floor and burned. There was sprouting of leaves, which I assume are the seeds JTE planted. Why did the photo sink to the ground (non-living thing), why did it burn (no air) and why does it cause the seeds to sprout (no light)? Is it because both halves of the flutes was in the space at the same time? I totally did not understand this scene. It's strange that it was planted at LG's side but it sprouted at LR's side. LR must be very confused everytime he travel between worlds, like what is this plant doing here?

2. Why was yoyo kid talking to LJH's mom? Why was she even squatting in an alley for a smoke, talking to a kid and her bodyguard was not doing anything? Is yoyo kid going to save her? We see after that she's passed out on her bodyguard's back and they are bringing here away from the gas-lighted apartment. Where are they going, and why did LG ask JY to look for her?

1) Here’s where I can fully accept that this drama is fantasy. When such thing like that happens in a drama, it’s a sign to say there’s a happy ending. It’s magic.

2) Why must we wonder about everything? Do we always need to know how, why and when someone got somewhere? I’m not too concerned. If it’s significant, they will show later. If not, she was there because she was just there. 

The bodyguard usually stands by and watches only, all throughout the drama. 

They had to move locations because cops were tailing them. Burn the evidence! 

I’m not sure why LG asked him to look into the mother but it must have been because she’s “missing.” They couldn’t find her back in episode 10 I believe. They have a hunch she’s being used by LR. And well, whether it’s LG’s mother or not, it’s still an innocent person whose life is at risk because of him. After all, her whole family got killed because LR associated them with LG’s family. I’m sure LG wants to help her. 

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

4 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

F it I forgot that

I HATE TIME TRAVEL AHHH.  I'm a total masochist, every single thing I watch involves time travel and I love it but I hate it but I'm addicted to it UGH.

I really hope LG took a detour to 2009 and caught a glimpse of a certain look a like with puffy curly hair...something about boys and maybe flowers?

It would be a lewk for sure.

They are really good tear-jerkers

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

I am a winner but I am SO SAAAAADDD!! :bawling:

Thank God (and KES’ ... oops, I mean Lady Noh’s TALISMANS :ph34r:) that LMH posted VERY LATE on his IG! :lol: l have to be honest - I think I am more invested in the real life cryptic IG posts of Uri Beloved Couple than the Drama! 

I have kinda given up on theories ... and I prepared funeral candles and laments for JTE ... so I guess she’s not gonna die?

LG did not start his time travel cos she died??

And I thought JY was supposed to PROTECT JTE??

So how TF did Luna get to her???

And why TF did JTE confront Luna ALONE? JTE being stubborn?? Wanting to prove ______??? Why didn’t she get ES to go along with her???? 

And why did Luna want JTE dead again??? She wants JTE’s organs AFTER stabbing her??? 

And Yo-yo Kid = Manpasikjeok?  

Back to Uri Beloved  Couple - their level of acting is amazing awe inspiring!! WOW!! Uri Ms Sunshine KGE especially ... Luna and JTE are 2 VERY different persons / night and day! 

I am wondering how TF everything’s gonna be tied up though ...

• Like 5
  • LOL 13

1 minute ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

And why TF did JTE confront Luna ALONE? JTE being stubborn?? Wanting to prove ______??? Why didn’t she get ES to go along with her???? 

ES can't do nothing for her perhaps get himself killed in the process

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, ATW said:

Agree with you. How can he pass the obelisk? Without the flute there was no obelisk.

And now im confused, what is the point of replacing people from 2 worlds? Somehow it has no meaning now? Imo nothing really bad happens because of it now? Or maybe not revealed yet? Gosh i need this drama to ends to find the answer but not ready at the same time :( 

Sorry, I went back on my words.

I rewatched the scene and we never got to see the flute vanish completely. Only parts of it vanished. See below. 

1 hour ago, mychoiyoung said:

LG's flute did not vanish.  As he told TE,  "I cannot come to see you in every point in time because the cracks of the M are deepening"

• Like 14