[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

@madmad minthe ID that JTE carries now is the one that OUR LG got from his future self. 

The one OUR LG carried to save next LG is the one he got from Luna which followed this order:

JTE new ID ----> collected by lady NOH----> Sin Jae's KOC mom ---> Lee lim----> Luna . So the new LG would be carrying the new ID that we saw JTE applying for. They are literally playing 'passing the parcel' LOL

I think sin jae will die at the end. Ok may be I am nitpicking but when they were at the restaurant, nari being her usual self imagining too much talks abt that game he says , 'I will die first'. Oh he is the only one whose death we didn't predict even once. Lol

@AgentQuakehere I am still stubborn about sin jae and also about Luna being the remnant of JTE:joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

Sorry, I can't give my opinion on this episode right now.
I'm too angry and half-drunk on top of it. It would be so harsh for true drama fans to hear, that their asses would be too sore to spawn their daily poop tomorrow morning.
And you know the expression: anger is a bad counsellor.
Despite all the disappointment, this is one of the best episodes.
But goddamn it, it makes me so f..ck..g pissed off about so many things!
:triumph:
I will try to participate in neutral discussions that do not involve emotional involvement until I calm down.

And yeah, I'm a bloodthirsty enthusiast, that's how it is!

47 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Call me crazy but i think they are dating. There i said it. I had to come out finally. I got my inspiration from @koreaboooo

At this point I don't think. I believe it to be 100% correct statement :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, aya02 said:

it's 4 months for him to travel back to the present, i don't think it has to relate to the time btw him leaving the clinic & getting back to taeul

He's still sweating in that jacket for 4 months though, also...I really hope that he washed the blood off of it.  That is the NASTIEST smell.

Maybe JTE was so rude to him because he smelled like rotten meat.

Which then brings us to this philosophical question - my version of The Trolley Problem.

You are presented with two options - Lee Min Ho smelling like spoiled meat who hasn't showered or changed his clothes in 4 months, or you get nothing.  What do you choose?

I would choose LMH and spray him down with disinfectant and then push him in decontamination room.   LMHoe thru and thru.

• Like 1
  • LOL 21

31 minutes ago, Amy323 said:

I hope what you're saying turns out to be true because in the last two episodes JY has appeared to be pretty much useless.

First he went out at the wrong time and LG got poisoned. And then he was supposed to protect JTE and she ended up getting stabbed.

Also he was pretty mean to JTE in this episode.

It was annoying

I'd say even if Shin-Jay is useful in the end...
He's been useless for far too long, until now.
So, shoooo!!!!!

• LOL 8

9 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

@mychoiyoung please explain that fractured flute and cant be with you in all moments of time line to me.

I did not get it.

*Edited

It has to do with the time stop business, no?

#facepalm

Hi @Dramafreak A lot of commenters, here and in other forums were confused and thought that LG's flute vanished, similar to what happened to the flute of 1994 LR, after killing 2020 LR.  

I clarified that LG's flute DID NOT vanish because (1) the drama did not really show it vanished. it just showed that its tip is disintegrating. (2) LG himself told TE, "I cannot come to see you in every point in time because the cracks of the Mapansenjeok are deepening"

This means LG still has the flute that is why he is still able to cross the portal. However, the flute is deteriorating.

I hope I have helped you understand?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Umjicheok said:

@madmad minthe ID that JTE carries now is the one that OUR LG got from his future self. 

The one OUR LG carried to save next LG is the one he got from Luna which followed this order:

JTE new ID ----> collected by lady NOH----> Sin Jae's KOC mom ---> Lee lim----> Luna . So the new LG would be carrying the new ID that we saw JTE applying for. They are literally playing 'passing the parcel' LOL

I think sin jae will die at the end. Ok may be I am nitpicking but when they were at the restaurant, nari being her usual self imagining too much talks abt that game he says , 'I will die first'. Oh he is the only one whose death we didn't predict even once. Lol

@AgentQuakehere I am still stubborn about sin jae and also about Luna being the remnant of JTE:joy:

SJ can die all he wants as long as he goes back in time first. 

We need to get our street cred back!

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

I't not sure what to say yet. I think I'll have to watch this one over and over so much happened. But one thing is for sure even before I try and catch up almost 30 pages since yesterday.

In the first half hour I was yelling "OH MY GOD" and I didn't stop til then end. Oh yes after this one I need a serious drinks, therapy, or prozac .  Okay off to backtrack

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

7 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

SJ can die all he wants as long as he goes back in time first. 

We need to get our street cred back!

Yeah that's why I am here still waiting for at least tomorrow's episode before changing the dp to one of the baddies. Being hopeful till the last min LOL .

I refuse to believe that all those shoe close ups and his scenes with psychiatrist and other backstory stuff was shown for .... What??? I mean he is not even the proper third wheel for the OTP . In fact Jo yeong is acting like one.:joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

Why is JTE suprised on seeing Luna in the dark alley? She saw her from far so what is there to be shocked again?

Will be back with more questions after watching it again!

Edited*

In the new memory of 2016: i think SJ foreshadows his death. He will die though I still dont know why does JTE call him hyung nim?? And yup, some story branches feel a bit redundant... and I think that is because the creator spread the story too wide and this really need more time. 16 episodes for what seems to be the vision is too little a time to play politics, intrigue, love, time travel and palace politics.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, extrodinairey said:

Yeong's supposed to protect the King

-the King was poisoned

Yeong was supposed to protect TE

-TE was stabbed

ES is definitely better than Yeong #imjustsaying

Yeah wasn't ES supposed to be tailing Luna?

That's a pair who are supposed to be looking out for our FL & she got stabbed.

On the other hand, I do not understand how TE could be so cavalier when it comes to Luna. To follow her alone in a dark alley? Where did our bada$$ heroine go?

• Like 9

WHY DID LR’S FLUTE VANISH WITHIN AN INSTANT?

Think about it, the point at which he wishes to help himself most is a point when he has not obtained the flute yet. When LR returned to the past, past LR has not committed treason and is without half of the flute. If past LR has not obtained the flute yet then technically, future LR does not have the flute. Get it? It’s simple,

Past LR - Flute = Future LR - Flute

That’s why his half vanished within no time. 

HAHAHAHAHA I’m laughing because he loses anyway! 1) he’s pure evil and that greedy that he will kill himself to take power from himself and 2) he wants to help himself most at a time where his flute will cease to exist! 

On the other hand, LG wants to help himself most during the night of treason. And guess what? That night, the flute was split in half and Young LG obtained half of the flute. See why his half does not vanish instantly? Because he returned to a time where he already possessed his half.

Young LG + Flute = Future LG + Flute

WHY IS THE FLUTE DETERIORATING? 

There’s only 1 flute. Because LG is going through a time where Past LG and Past LR each have a half of the flute, it means the total flute is greater than 1. It’s disappearing because there must be a rule that there cannot exist more than one flute. If not, things can get out of hands. Anyone can just go back to the past and return to the future with more flutes. It will be easy to duplicate it. It’s the same thing as if you were granted 3 wishes, you cannot wish to have more wishes. The flute is magic. It’s special. It cannot just be duplicated. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 14
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

This means LG still has the flute taht is why he is still able to cross the portal. However, the flute is deteriorating.

Ahhh so this means that only the tip disappeared in the field where he is remembering JTE and himself?

But any idea why LR's flute disintegrates but LG's doesnt? 

If you ( @mychoiyoung )could share links to your previous answers then will read. Sorry to bother. 

Just read @Heretorant 's explanation and it makes sense... i guess.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Edited post:

So for those who didn't get it right, we need to change our DP

OR

type "I'm a loser" for every post we post here ?

And it's for till episode 16?

Oh man...... look what I've done! Lol

DP CHANGED!

lol, yes. That is correct. Either change your profile picture to LR/Baddie character or write “I am a loser” on every post you write :D and this goes on until the drama ends next week. 

my profile picture changed too and my hope for LG-JY was so high :lol:

still backtracking. Got 5 more pages to go lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

"There's no such thing as coincidences, it's fate" 

It's not a coincidence that both Lee Lim and Lee Gon happened to go through the portal at the same time. They both heard the flute sounds and both somehow coincidentally figured out about the saviour identity of that year 1994. 

Just like the fate girl narration, they both want to come back the time they want to save themselves.

By the way, the way fate girl telling this story to the Mom. I have a feeling she will get the flute to travel back when she wants to save herself - and saving her son. 

I love that the moment the two parts of the flute met - the portal have wind and time flow for a brief moment - hence the photo got flown away and the bean sprout. 

When Lee Lim comes back to see his old self is also when 1994 Lee Lim gathered the courage to carry out the treason - as future Lee Lim was saying "you're here every day contemplating about treason." But 1994 Lee Lim ONLY made up his mind about treason the moment he met future Lee Lim and confirmed that the flute legend is indeed legit. His killing of his own future self is a pleasant surprise :))) (very ironic, very fitting with his character) and then there's fate girl narration: "He fails to save himself and create the monster he is today." 

Pretty sure 2020 Lee Lim is dead, so the sequence of moving Lee Ji Huyn's mom out of the apartment, I'm not sure if it was Lee Lim command. I'm sure Lee Lim's people cannot contact him again.. but because people are power hungry and all want the flute for their own advantage, someone will take the matter in their own hand and continue soon. We also learn Luna wants the flute for herself and not working for everyone. 

I'm pretty sure at the end - "I was sent by the person who promise to get your life back" - this person is PM Koo and not Lee Lim. The boss may have changed. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 12

So everyone seems to confused at some points, but I think one should try and look at the bigger picture of what KES is communicating by asking yourself these questions: 

1) What is time?

2) Is time and space different?

3) Do we find that we treat time and space with equal importance or do you believe that one is more important than the other?

4) Is there any distinction between the past, present, future (Is one more real than the other and why?)

5) Does the past and the future hold equal importance or is one more important than the other?

6) Who is the observer/observers?

7) How do we view our universe as in our world and universe as in outer space as a whole?

Here is a link to a paper which I think is worth reading if you find yourself crazed with trying to figure out how TKEM will end lol (dont worry there isnt a bunch of math at all):joy::

https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/11922724.pdf

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 5
  • Thanks 2

Kid JTE : thinks LG is a kidnapper BUT doesn't run or raise voice to save herself

Adult JTE: Knows that luna is after her and has a crime record but still follows her to the dark alley.

Me: LG is right she doesn't change even after 25 yrs:lol:

Can anyone confirm whether they have shown us the date on which LG was poisoned and heard the flute's sound and everything that followed? ( To clarify I mean ROK date from which time travelling starts,  not the night of treason)

Edit: I am the loser (for now lol)

Didn't know that I had to say that in every post :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 18