[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

50 minutes ago, thanie said:

Speaking of which, Writer-nim has this thing of weaving a love story of two different creatures from two different worlds. Correct me if I'm wrong ...

Doo Min Joon (an alien) x Chon Song Yi (human) in MLFAS 

Heo Joon Jae (a conman) x Sim Cheong (a mermaid) in LOFTBS 

Now RJH x YSR... feom NK & SK Respectively. All of us know what they're from two completely separate world as far as political climate is concern.

I wonder if she (writer) will give us happy (or i'll make it satisfactory) ending for CLOY? The ending of those two dramas are somewhat "hanging" for me ... This concerns me a lot bec. I'm a sucker of happy ending....

All these postponement has got me into a lot of thinking, rather than enjoying the ride

The difference somewhat is that in this drama CLoY there's a 2nd female tagging along to the male lead as fiancee that perhaps can lead to marriage and made us sad for the story lines for the OTP. We invest too much romance on OTP but it goes drain our heart if he end up to the other. Whereas her other dramas they put 2nd female lead as fling only to their male lead.

Anyways whatever it is still watch since its the best drama so far for 2019/2020.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, liltash85 said:

romance drama is never made into season 2 in Korea. Season 2 kind of thing only started in 2017 but so far only crime thriller, investigation drama has season 2. Previously Kdrama is a one off thing and no seasons. I don't think CLOY will have a season 2. That is just not the writer style

i got a bit worried.. cos lately there have been too many kdrama collaboration with netflix made into seasons :dizzy:

Spoiler

Kingdom.. thriller/horror

Love Alarm.. fantasy/romance

Vagabond.. suspense/crime

this seems like a good sing and dance along song for NK ahjumma comrades with some beer and dried pollack lol :mrgreen:

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

10 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

i got a bit worried.. cos lately there have been too many kdrama collaboration with netflix made into seasons :dizzy:

Hide contents

Kingdom.. thriller/horror

Love Alarm.. fantasy/romance

Vagabond.. suspense/crime

it is different because kingdom and love alarm was Netflix original ( the one who produce it was netflix itself and not airing on TV instead it is netflix exclusive ). meanwhile vagabond although the stream right bought by netflix but the director had already season 2 in mind while writting the series thats why there will be S2 ( although i dont think it will be easy considering suzy busy schedule ) 

meanwhile netflix had alot deal with exclusive streaming right that had no season 2 like : When the camellia blooms,the lies within,my country,mr sunshine,one spring night,something in the rain,romance is a bonus book,rookie historian GHR,abyss,and many more. 

netflix also had the streaming right for some drama that the writter itself had season 2 in mind or atleast an open ending that open up possibilities for future plot like : Arthdal Chronicles,Vagabond,Memories of the alhambra,A Korean Oddysey,and other.

there is a big difference between Netflix Original Series ( Love alarm,Kindom ) and Netflix Exclusive streaming right ( most of tv kdrama that had deal with netflix ). so not every drama will had season 2. and yeah usually the drama that had season 2 is the mystery,crime drama because it is not hard to make a new case to solve. it is a bit hard for romance drama althought not close the possibilities to make another one but based on the other two works i believe cloy wont had a season 2.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@Samuel Yohanes thanks for explaining :blush: i din know there is the original and exclusive.. it just so happened that the recent few i’ve been chasing (unfortunately..) fell under the cliffhanger with season 2.. haha i need kdramas that end when its supposed to end so that i can bury my emotions and affections with that drama and move on to new ones!!

*fried chicken anyone??*

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Xoxo said:

Oh my CLOY, I can't even pick fav scene..  I love everything but If I should make a choice,  then it will be the beer confession scene and that farewell handshake.. I almost stop breathing when they show their emotions on screen.....  Saturday where are you :wub:

i agree! & other comrades,  i think there are/were lots of faves that i can't even pinpoint lots of them, however i think it would be when they got stranded & she was drowsy enough or sleepy enough to rest her head on his shoulders & he kept pushing her head (that wld be the First Snow is it?) LOL or whenever she's teasing him so sweetly & he's I assume pretending not to be affected by it/them? :blush: also HB or Ri having that jealous face (on that vid from comrade @dftio

Well i'm sure we're all looking f/ward to this w/end and who can wait? :angry:

giphy.gif

• Like 6
  • Love 2

I have too many free time on my hand. So, here is the plot that I am hoping for (caution: full of fangirling)

Spoiler

1. SR drives JH to nearby hospital in Pyongyang.

2. SR decides to take the escape plan into her own hands.

3. JH wakes up and asks where SR is.

4. SR meets SJ to ask for a help. However, she finds out about SJ’s partial involvement in the shooting incident.

5. SR’s parents ultimately know her whereabouts and plan for her return.

6. please make KSY as Manager Do!!!

Plus I really want JH in SK. In episode 1, he arrested some people who were smuggling via the borders. Therefore, there is a possibility of illegal activities between those smugglers, JCK, and people in SK. JH can be sent out to investigate that matter :D. Then we can have a NK 2.0 with SK in the background.

Also, as much as I love those scenes in NK, I really want SR to return to SK as soon as possible. I feel like there are too many fillers in the drama that should be edited out. Anyway, this is my personal opinion. 

• Like 9

Just a gut feeling but they may be using this down time to edit the plot. The plot points should be focused be the main love line first of all, followed by Solving the brothers murder. Then the second love line. Get rid of the Arranged marriage angle next episode or two. Get them to SK where she will take over the company as planned and he protects her from the brothers machinations. Then somehow end up in Switzerland. I Think adding anything about her mother would be too much 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Have been following this thread for a while, finally decided to join officially! You guys are incredibly funny, it's easier to wait for the weekend with you :)

As for the plot discussion, do you think that JH will be unconscious at least half of the episode? I don't want that but have a feeling that's the best way for them to sort the plot lines out. Also I think that SR will find her picture in his wallet or something when he's still passed out. 

• Like 13

He got hit in upper back and right near the shoulder with The bullet missing the neck and lungs so it’s not going to be a long hospital stay.But with all that planning you’d think he be wearing a vest. Just sayin. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 10

54 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Just a gut feeling but they may be using this down time to edit the plot. The plot points should be focused be the main love line first of all, followed by Solving the brothers murder. Then the second love line. Get rid of the Arranged marriage angle next episode or two. Get them to SK where she will take over the company as planned and he protects her from the brothers machinations. Then somehow end up in Switzerland. I Think adding anything about her mother would be too much 

Since only 10 episodes are left, I also agree that the arranged marriage plot and the brother's death plot should be resolved. From the writer's other shows, I think the main villain will be caught soon but he'll escape to SK using his high-level contacts and JH will have to go after him to SK. 

• Like 10

On 1/7/2020 at 4:03 PM, Loveumore said:

The difference somewhat is that in this drama CLoY there's a 2nd female tagging along to the male lead as fiancee that perhaps can lead to marriage and made us sad for the story lines for the OTP. We invest too much romance on OTP but it goes drain our heart if he end up to the other. Whereas her other dramas they put 2nd female lead as fling only to their male lead.

This is not entirely true.

In My love from the stars, the second female lead liked the second male lead (who was in love with the main female lead) and

Spoiler

they didn't end up together.

In Legend of the blue sea, the second female lead liked the main lead but

Spoiler

after he rejected her, she fell in love with another guy.

I think that's something which is different in CLOY. We must wait and see how the second female lead evolves but I don't think she's a bad person. She is needed to have some conflict but i believe her future is with the second male lead.

f4b6391ea918f69c3000e4c45d9ed0c969b13435  

Credit: tumblr

I'm excited to see her in the next episode, because although in the preview she says that she doesn't care if her fiancé gets hurt or die, I think her character is more that 'the mean girl who wants to annoy the main couple'.

Edited by Jillia
Please credit the owner of the gifs!
  • Like 10
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 5

On 1/7/2020 at 6:25 PM, hibiscus23 said:

I think there are/were lots of faves that i can't even pinpoint lots of them

TRUEest! One favorite scene replacing another favorite, lol! So I'm thinking of making my own rank of Favorite Scenes. My Top 5 so far ...

5. RJH drove (riding on a car with a special plate) as fast as he could to where he hid Se-ri.

4. The Boat Kiss. The trick usually done by a protagonist on a Korean drama edc0e5cc89da3b37b1eb1cf8af4abf8eeee7acd2

3. The paragliding scene

51a2c2374c5da2457dd49c22977231b18c1699ad

b35ad49f6a4ca0b94fd79120366a3f65969754b7

2. Episode 1 When...

RJH: I am an expert in that area... 

*stepped on the Mine. Freezing but not making it obvious with Se-ri

YSR: Do Experts steps on Mine, too? 

Hahahahahaha

And my TOP 1 so far:

Last part of Ep. 6

RJH rode on a bike, he was so sexxxy... Grrrr! And the entire part of it, especially this scene

a022c43c97a19cb02a1e94aec59f9b0dbfffb2c9

Subject to change without notice. We never know what Ep. 7, 8 and the rest of the episodes are in store for us. And also, their usual banter is :lol:

Edited by Jillia
Please credit the owner of the gifs!
  • Like 15
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, dulcinea1 said:

I'm excited to see her in the next episode, because although in the preview she says that she doesn't care if her fiancé gets hurt or die, I think her character is more that 'the mean girl who wants to annoy the main couple'

RJH is her arranged marriage.. no coincidence or destiny (like, her mom ordered cold fried chicken and she had no choice but to eat it)

but SJ is like both her coincidence (at the airport) and destiny (taxi.. rooftop and everywhere!) which is like she ordered her own fried chicken that came piping hot along with free coleslaw and beer! :smirk:

• Like 9
  • Awesome 2

5 hours ago, INeedAFan said:

Also, as much as I love those scenes in NK, I really want SR to return to SK as soon as possible. I feel like there are too many fillers in the drama that should be edited out. Anyway, this is my personal opinion

Not so soon she can be back to SK maybe at ep12-13 . Just think based on our own opinion most of the charcters the writer were focusing all the situation in north side. The ducklings, the ahjummas and the main villain of the plot the lieutenant plus the 2 second lead and the main male lead,all were in one place but still lack for one protagonist. Thats why they bring SR the main protagonist to the north to crash so that they can made a wonderful story in that element. South is where SR comes from. Switzerland was there first ever meeting up of the main leads in those adolescent days. 

• Like 12

5 hours ago, RobinM said:

This would be more interesting then and i love it. And so the rating wise it will surely increase rapidly to more than 20%.... Hoping hoping for more romance to the main lead coz 16episodes is really too short to solve to many plots in a story:D

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2