[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

25 minutes ago, 2handsintertwined said:

I was wondering this too! I know that the mother was not Seri’s real mother. She left her by the beach remember? I don’t think GSJ ever got revenge. I think he just told Seo Dan what happened. 

I’m back reading! I’m sorry for all the notifications! And I haven’t seen the ending yet! I’m still waiting to share my thoughts on it! Please wait for me!

Seri is not adopted. She is her father's daughter with another woman. So the mother is her 'step mom'. That is why she doesn't favor Seri at first when her husband brought back a less than 1 month old baby Seri. 

Yup GSJ never get his full revenge. He try to used Seri but Seri is smart enough and cancel the marriage arrangement. Because of this too, he conned the second brother and took all the money (this is somehow his revenge). but because of this too, he needs to hide and that how he was staying in NK. 

I am having a major withdrawal. i haven't experienced this before. I cannot continue watch any drama. I keep watching on CLOY clips on IG eventhough it is the same clips from hundreds different account. Gosh, what have they done to me. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, Momo_07 said:

@Phoenix88 @Dramanoona 

I have written a few fanfics for dramas from my own country, but have never encountered one for K-drama, so not sure if that's a common thing...

That said I have been itching to change a few things, given that i feel our OTP didn't get enough screen time and the fact that some holes in the narrative are too big for my small heart that loves JH and SR to bits... :) (No offense to writer-nim - CLOY will always be that drama that came close to perfection and I certainly wanted her to dot the Is and cross the Ts, which I'm unable to let go of. Fanfic is my way of resolving it for my troubled heart.)

I can DM you the link, if you can live with a less perfect one - I won't be able to spare time for extensive edits. 

Yes please DM me the link. I needed some closure to ease my heart of what might have been :kiss_wink:

• Like 3

I think am not the only one here who noticed that our OTP didn't have more screen time in the last epi! I assume the writer wanted to showcase the other characters but with all due respect (to her) the ending would've been a lot greater if OTP got more airtime! :) I felt like their intimate moments shld've been more emphasized since i think ep 15 SR was mostly in the hospital & JH and F5 were incarcerated!

Oh Han-kyul and the Cast of "Crash Landing on You" Take Selfies

photo1155088.jpg

Child actor Oh Han-kyul revealed the "Crash Landing on You" after-party.

Oh Han-kyul posted pictures of himself with the cast of the tvN weekend drama "Crash Landing on You".

The actor added, "It was an honor to work with uncle Hyun Bin, such a caring, gentle and cool guy. Se-ri is pretty even with a red face. I will never forget the first moment of working with her".

For the selfie of himself and Kim Young-min, who played his father, Oh Han-kyul posted, "Woo-pil's daddy. He gave me so much love and I want to be like him. Please be a reflection of my path as an actor. It was an honor and thank you".

Oh Han-kyul played Woo-pil, Jeong Man-bok (Kim Young-min) and Hyeon Myeong-soon's (Jang So-yeon) son.

Meanwhile, "Crash Landing on You" had a the drama-ending party on the 16th in Seoul. On the final episode of "Crash Landing on You", Ri Jeong-hyeok (Hyun Bin) and Yoon Se-ri (Son Ye-jin) reunited after a long time of longing and remembering each other. In addition to breaking its own highest viewership, it also topped the tvN drama ratings history.

Spoiler

photo1155089.jpg

[HanCinema's News] "Crash Landing on You" Exceeds "Goblin" as tvN's Most Popular All-time Drama

According to Nielsen Korea "Crash Landing on You" closed out its sixteen episode run with ratings of 21.683%. This comfortably beats the previous record set by the 2016 drama "Goblin", which had ratings of 20.5% in its final episode.

"Crash Landing on You" detailed the story of a South Korean heiress who accidentally paraglides over the Demilitarized Zone, and again meets a North Korea man who she had known when they were both in Switzerland. The drama was easily pitched, as Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin were attached as the major stars. The two of them had long been dogged by rumors of romantic involvement when they were spotted together in public socially following their co-starring in the 2018 film "The Negotiation".

"Crash Landing on You" itself did not necessarily have such high expectations, as it started near the end of an overall weak year for tvN. While creenwriter Park Ji-eun was behind similarly big hits between major stars such as "My Love from the Star" and "Legend from the Blue Sea", director Lee Jeong-hyo had a much more ambiguous record. He made the more modestly performing "Romance is a Bonus Book" last year, with his other projects being a broad array of similar performing genre pieces.

The drama gained viral attention thanks to a distinct, sympathetic take of its North Korean characters that exposited them more as individuals than subjects of the North Korean regime. Many of the drama's minor performers, such as Lee Shin-young, have experienced a strong surge in popularity thanks to their appearance in "Crash Landing on You" and the drama is expected to have a positive boost on all of their careers.

Written by William Schwartz

• Like 4
  • Love 2

First post of a long-time lurker:

CLOY is definitely one of the best kdramas of all time. Every aspect is brilliantly amazing. Been a kdrama fan since Goong days and been watching a lot of kdramas since then  and I must say this is the most complete drama I've ever watched. Complete in the sense of perfect casting (especially the leads), story, cinematography, musical score, so on & so forth...

Hands down to Son Ye Jin. I watched her before in her notable movies in The Classic & A Moment to Remember, but it is in this drama that I became an ultimate fan of her acting prowess. Wow just wow. She carried the drama for me. Hyun Bin was also great. Really he was. But I believe when the audience (for e.g. Me) sympathizes to a character that's when the actor really displayed great acting skills. I feel Seri. I felt her character.

Hyun Bin complemented Son Ye Jin very well. Two great actors who exudes so great chemistry...booom!!! I watched their movie "The Negotiation" last 2018 and to be honest I didnt even realize that Hyun Bin was the antagonist there. Only did I know when I googled Hyun Bin's past works when CLOY was about to start. Don't get me wrong, I know Hyun Bin. He was very popular in Secret Garden. Then was mentioned in 2d1n season 3(which I am a very big fan of). I am sharing this because he really was one convincing villain there then in CLOY a totally different personality. Brilliant actors who brought Seri and Captain Ri characters to life. Then their chemistry? What can I say. The type of leads' chemistry where you hope they date and get married in real life. That's how good it was.

The second leads did not disappoint. Usually kdramas tend to have amazing main leads then subpar second leads or the other way around. But this drama provided 2 couples you see yourself rooting for. It was a tragic ending for SJ's character but I believe the writer wanted to showcase different scenarios of love: one, which no border or territory can limit the love they have for each other (i.e. Seri & Captain Ri); two, love that transcends time & presence of one another because their love continues to linger on even though they can no longer be together ( in the case of SD & SJ).

And the humor and heartwarming scenes from the squad of ducklings and ahjummas . Perfect timing and lines thrown to make the episodes even more enriching and complete.

I must admit there were scenes that I thought can be deleted (fillers). But overall it was great watch for me.

Crash Landing On You fighting!!!! 

• Like 10
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

In the real life, what happens if a north Korean chooses to defect to the South? He loses contact with everyone back home? I really wonder if it was wise for the 5 of them to choose to go back. I understand the drama needs to be diplomatically correct but in reality, what should you think their choices are?

They would lose contact completely. There are ways to still contact them and sens money through Chinese connections, but it isn't easy... I met some defectors whose reason to defect is to earn money to be sent back home (most of them defected for such reasons).. However I didn't ask them how do they do that haha... 

That's for ordinary person. 

If you're a spy or government officer or a soldier, then you defect alone.. High chance for your family and relatives to be executed back home. I happened for real with an ex-spy.. That's why I rolled my eyes to fan-theories about RJH being gov officer and/or spy, so he can meet SR overseas and date... lol... Even the ending they gave us left some question for me... It's almost impossible for RJH to go around meeting SR while he's under official permission to travel. They might be able to do so for a few years... After that? He had to defect, perhaps with his family. But the show have never showed or answered such questions. 

The ducklings' choices are correct for them. Remember that they have families back home? They're soldiers as well... Though NIS might protect them in SK, but who'll protect their families back home? "then they should defect as well"...they'd be executed before they can utter the word 'd' from 'detection'. Even the ducklings and RJH were almost executed right? They're supposed to go trial (mock trial, NK style) to take responsibility of them going South without permission. But thanks to RJH's dad, they can be saved. 

1 hour ago, Hachiko said:

OMG really, they are changing fast!!!! Thank you so much for the links I’ll go read them. 

My friends even think of taking a group tour to NK after CLoY lol. I think I am not that daring yet but it would be a lifetime one and only valuable experience if we can visit NK one day.

I plan to go before I graduate... It's not far from SK (though I have to go through China first). I want to take train route from China to Pyeongyang ehe. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Rewatching CLOY because I binge-watched all 16 episodes in 3 days, and after that beautiful ending, I felt like I needed to rewatch from the beginning, slowly, to really enjoy it.

**SPOILER BELOW IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED EP16**

When GSJ was killed, I wondered if the writer did it because there wasn't enough time to tie up his story. Some found it detestable that the writer killed off his character just to evoke emotions in the viewers.

But now as I am on episode 4 (again), I thought that perhaps, very possibly, the writer has planned GSJ's death in advance.
In episode 4, GSJ was out in the fields and he said that he was "into clay shooting" when he was in SK.

In epi 16, when he had a showdown with the shooters, he highlighted once more to Dan that he is skilled in clay shooting. Which makes me believe that what he said in epi 4 was to pave the way for the last epi when he will be killed off.

One thing I really like about this show is how the writer relates to us viewers through Ju-Meok. Ju-Meok flaunts his SK-drama knowledge and is proud to quote the cliches in K-Drama story lines (e.g. Protagonists kiss to avoid crisis, 'this' is where the protagonists usually dies etc.)

As a writer who is self aware of the usual cliches, it doesn't make sense that she will kill off GSJ at the last minute and follow the cliche path. But rather, his death was already pre-planned in advance.

Do I think his death was necessary to tie up the plot of evil second brother and his wife? No.
I believe that even without his death, even if it did not lead to Dan executing revenge on evil second brother and wife, they can still be jailed.

I'd like the ending where just like Ri-ri, Dan and GSJ reunite in another country, or that GSJ will come back a new man and marry Dan.

So there must be a reason why writer planned to kill off GSJ. Although I cannot fathom her intentions, but as a viewer who tried to reflect deeper on Dan and GSJ's relationship, my conclusion is this:

GSJ's death was needed for both him and Dan to know how much they are valued.

The scene where the GSJ cried when the orphan sang "Who will mourn for me when I die?" really cuts deep into my heart.
But as he was in his final moments, he realised that one person would mourn for him, and that was Dan (I bawled like mad here). It was at that moment where the labels "thief/conman/swindler" that were tagged on him previously were removed.

At that moment, he felt like a valued human, and in his final breaths, died as a hero.
As for Dan, it was also at the moment when GSJ sacrificed himself for her, that she also realises her own value.

I do wish that there was more backstory as to why Dan is so cool/cold. But the impression that this character gave me is that she has trust, and insecurity issues.

Even if she and GSJ ends up together, her self-doubt/trust/insecurity issues will keep her from fully trusting in GSJ, especially since she was 'betrayed' by RJH.

But when Dan realised her worth when someone was willing to sacrifice his life for her, it was also the moment where Dan put aside her insecurity and self-doubt.

I really like how the camera panned on Dan slightly smiling at the end when she was solo-travelling 3 years later.

But does GSJ REALLY have to die?!?!
Again, no. Writer could revive him just as how Seri woke up despite having flat-lined.

However earlier on, another poster mentioned something interesting -- was that in that scene, parallels about medical facilities available in both countries were highlighted.

NK paramedic didn't even try to revive GSJ, whereas SK did everything they could do revive Seri.
It beautifully illustrates the current situation in NK as well --- that lives are not as valued under that regime.
If GSJ has been in SK when he was shot, I'd like to think he had a chance of surviving (after all Seri was also shot in her gut).

So as much as GSJ's death was unexpected for us, it was a beautiful ending in its own way for his and Dan's relationship and realisation of self-worth, which begets the question for us viewers: How much do we know that we're valued?

Also, just want to highlight @strongtower's beautiful take on the 2 couples which I whole-heartedly agree with --the lessons to be learnt from them.

Really shows that writer didn't do it spontaneously due to lack of time, but is an artist in her own way.

24 minutes ago, strongtower said:

The second leads did not disappoint. Usually kdramas tend to have amazing main leads then subpar second leads or the other way around. But this drama provided 2 couples you see yourself rooting for. It was a tragic ending for SJ's character but I believe the writer wanted to showcase different scenarios of love: one, which no border or territory can limit the love they have for each other (i.e. Seri & Captain Ri); two, love that transcends time & presence of one another because their love continues to linger on even though they can no longer be together ( in the case of SD & SJ).

Edited by Esteraela
  • Like 9
  • Insightful 2

CLOY and the Art of Moving On

68e0915ebf6ea9bcd15b73baa195a5482a4d0222

I am new here in a way… but really, I’ve lurked this page time and time again. I’ve found myself nodding in front of my computer screen in agreement, squinted my eye from time to time due to skepticism, sported the scariest glaring eyes because of infuriation... but mostly y’all posts made and still make me swoon and LOL like there’s no tomorrow 90% of the time. Thank you. It’s comforting knowing that there’s a tiny nook on the internet where I can validate my inner thoughts and sentiments about this drama. 사랑의 불시착 CRASH LANDED ON ME, BIG TIME!!!

Then there’s my reality-- besides attending to the important aspects of daily living, I’ve pretty much spent my long weekend marathoning all 16 episodes. Even the lightest scenes made me bawl like a baby, I nitpick at the faintest details in every episode, the parts that I initially found mundane and unnecessary became treasures. I laughed a little harder and forced myself to hit that <pause> button because I need time to process. I knew that as each scene progressed, the end was getting near and nearer. Oh how dramatic am I? 

I am now at that point of realization that I need to come out here and ramble my feeeeeelssss out so please bear with me. In a way I am grateful to have such a trivial dilemma but WHY AM I HAVING THE HARDEST TIME MOVING ON FROM THIS DRAMA? Only four things dawned on me so far:

• Following this series in real-time brought me a new routine that I abided to for over 2 months. There’s no more streaming at 4AM Saturday mornings (PST, hey SoCal chingus!) then waiting for Netflix to upload the subbed episode at 6AM. It’s the knowledge that I knew that Ep 16 will come (AND OH IT ARRIVED...EVEN DESCENDED ALRIGHT xD) and now I don’t know what else to do?

• I am just inlove and too invested with this drama. Continuation flaws, plot holes and all, it really is a masterpiece. I gag-laughed at the synopsis then Ri Jeong Hyukshiii and his bowl-cut happened...hook, line, and sinker! All kidding aside, the way this show explored that eternal and selfless kind of love made my capitalist heart flutter like crazy. Kudos to all the actors, main and supporting ones! The chemistry of RiRi was crazy off the charts (and SYJ can ACT alright, like wow I see you Queen of Melo) !!!!! Our GSJxSD  couple, our precious F4+1, our NK ahjummas, etc. Although one might find it romanticized, I really loved how the show delved into NK & SK realities that the rest of the world already had preconceived notions of. It’s heart-breaking, so close yet so far. Those YT videos of NK defectors reviewing CLOY were insightful to say the least. The lighter approach the writer and production team took was equally refreshing and optimistic, ONEKOREA oh one day… someday! (Yes, Pyo Chi Su, you are invited with a life-time supply of Seri’s Choice shampoo, conditioner, and body wash! HAHA)

• The rise of alternate endings, rumors or not. It kept my imagination running wild post-ep 16. All the shoulda woulda couldas. I am pleased and satisfied with how our main couple ultimately found peace with their little Romeo and Juliet story in Switzerland. It all came back to square one, oh fate! HOWEVER, the hearsays about a possible wedding in Seoul and Tomato twins tugged at my faint heart as well. Although politically frowned upon, it’s one of those ‘hmmm imagine if it ended that way’ moments that again highlights the tough and delicate NK-SK relations that the drama carefully trod on. The last thing the whole CLOY team wants is a backlash after finishing on such a strong note…. But but but but WHAT IF RIGHT? Hahaa (I must move on)

• Maybe what I’m experiencing can be simply explained by one of my TOP 10 CLOY scenes:

tenor.gif?itemid=16356116

SAUDADE -- a Portuguese and Galician word for a feeling of nostalgic longing for something or someone that one was fond of and which has been lost. It often carries a fatalist tone and a repressed knowledge that the object of longing might never really return. It was once described as "the love that remains" or "the love that stays" after someone is gone.

The show and all the precious episodes will forever be there and I can easily go back and relive them. What I’m having a hard time dealing with is the fleeting emotions of sadness and happiness all mixed together due to the end of a journey. Saudade, CLOY, saudade indeed.

As I’m typing this post and trying to organize my thoughts, I am getting the sense of peace that this separation anxiety I am experiencing with CLOY isn’t and won’t be going in vain. It’s normal & I just have to embrace the whole process. This really was an unforgettable drama for me and I am grateful for the rollercoaster of emotions it brought me. Oh so worth it! And now onto moving on… wish me luck, comrades!

c52164cc0974827e4251bd9b0c5987646d77e966

• Like 12
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, Momo_07 said:

@Phoenix88 @Dramanoona 

I have written a few fanfics for dramas from my own country, but have never encountered one for K-drama, so not sure if that's a common thing...

That said I have been itching to change a few things, given that i feel our OTP didn't get enough screen time and the fact that some holes in the narrative are too big for my small heart that loves JH and SR to bits... :) (No offense to writer-nim - CLOY will always be that drama that came close to perfection and I certainly wanted her to dot the Is and cross the Ts, which I'm unable to let go of. Fanfic is my way of resolving it for my troubled heart.)

I can DM you the link, if you can live with a less perfect one - I won't be able to spare time for extensive edits. 

I love reading fan-fics. LOL.

If you don't mind to dm me.

• Like 4

Just want to quickly share some of my thoughts (for CLOY i'm ok with cutting off my lunch break for this :)) )

1. On Seo Dan's fate in the finale episode

So I was just passing by all your comments and saw a few theme among those who talked about SD and SJ's ending. Some called it "painful and tragic fate of Seo Dan." I read a comment on instagram yesterday that pointed out a pretty new and positive perspective on this position that I agree with and would like to share here.

The ending for SD is actually an opportunity for her to learn again how to love herself first since she focused so much of her life (at least 7 years) on staying loyal to her engagement with RH and to RH himself. With this ending she's no longer bound to the responsibilities of:

1. Making her mom happy by committing to the engagement even though it took so long to confirm a final date (and it was delayed again when he left to find SR in SK)

2. Keeping up her image of a successful woman (successful as in engaged to JH and no longer being single; as defined by her friends in the coffee scene) in front of her 'friends' (since they were talking to her about the engagement and trying to degrade her by asking why it's taking forever for SD and JH to finally engage)

3. Keeping up with her own pride and ego

The fact that she met SJ showed that she could find a man who could give her the love she deserves but only so much better. Although SJ's no longer there physically (some talked about the possibility of perhaps he didn't die and would be hiding somewhere else far away so SD could meet her, I personally think this sounds illogical but we are free to create our own imagination), he became a part of her life like a gift (just like how SR came into JH's life like a gift too) and created precious memories with her within a short period of time. Those happy moments were enough for her and would be cherished by her forever. 

I think the scene of her looking so badass, wearing the cello case (back to one of her passion), smiling and looking content in the epilogue illustrates a finally carefree and happy SD even if RH or SJ or any man is no longer a part of her life. She's let go of her unhappy and rigid past and looks toward a new future of 'freedom' (both literally and figuratively). 

2. On character withdrawal post-CLOY and actually resting

I read an article where Son Ye Jin talked about calling acting a "marathon of consuming emotions." She talked about how in some of her roles she was so into the characters that by the end she finished filming she felt so exhausted emotionally. She even felt depressed of whether she was able to move on from that character to go back to her own self and prepare for a new role.

Spoiler

You can read the article here: https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20161008002951315

Seeing how much we are all suffering through this condolence and withdrawal period post-CLOY, I hope the cast themselves will get time to rest and move on to new projects when they are ready. I hope they won't dwell too deep into the character withdrawal period since CLOY has so many great achievements and will continue to be loved and talked about by many people. 

3. NIS agent

On a different and lighter note, I actually think this NIS agent guy is a really fun and sweet addition to the last few final episodes of CLOY. He didn't seem so extra or unnecessary at all, I love his character. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Hachiko said:

Same same :(, that’s why I keep coming back to this thread and participating in the discussion. That’s the way to overcome this post-separation 6-month recovery period lol. Hugsssss.

Come come! I have been thinking about visiting this forum in my 6 month condolence period and i was wondering if anyone will still be around here. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

cr: hancinema

Namgoong Min, Park Seo-joon and Hyun Bin, Masters of the Weekend

photo1152079.jpg&key=3cd2460ad2e6b13da3b

Weekend nights are anticipated for the performances of masters of acting.

- Hyun Bin, 'Master of Romance'

Romance suits Hyun Bin best, although he's good at action and other emotional genres.

"Crash Landing on You" has re-earned him the title 'rom-com king'. He's so good that it's impossible to tell if his feelings for his co-star, Son Ye-jin, are real or just an act.

"Crash Landing on You" has brought on an issue every week and is skyrocketing in viewership.

Hyun Bin takes on the role of a North Korean officer who is good looking and is good at what he does, but is so innocent and adorable when it comes to love. He's so good at it that people call it the 'Hyun Bin genre'.

Despite the drama being an unrealistic story, Hyun Bin's performance brings to life the character of a man who doesn't exist in real life.

Source : www.stardailynews.co....

• Like 5
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, ncly said:

On a different note, I actually think this NIS agent guy is a really fun and sweet addition to the last few final episodes of CLOY. He didn't seem so extra or unnecessary at all, I love his character

True! I wish he showed up earlier.

• Like 12

@thanie did you mean this song? it's really nice i loved it too!

21 minutes ago, ncly said:

On a different note, I actually think this NIS agent guy is a really fun and sweet addition to the last few final episodes of CLOY. He didn't seem so extra or unnecessary at all, I love his character

@ncly @INeedAFan i also wished that the NIS agent appeared much earlier in other episodes bc he was a nice man during JH/SR ordeal!!! Matter of fact you can feel he's u/standing their predicament while he was investigating JH!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, TotoroSY said:

Many discussion on this - so far we have concluded that it's in Romansch which is one of the 4 languages used in Switzerland. Check out the language on youtube and you may find it sounds very similar to the chorus of Sigriswil

yess thank you :):). but i still hope that someone will share the full lyrics :wub:

• Like 3

I wonder if Netflix's strong line up of k-dramas has had a game-changing impact on a successful drama like CLOY and its exposure to international fans.  Many int'l fans would have been able to watch it via the now defunct dramafever, viki, etc, but I'm so thankful to Netflix for bringing a brand new set of viewers.  Whatever it is, I hope CLOY will be watched throughout 2020 and gain even more fans.  People deserve to be touched by this amazing story and acting.

I am so curious what lens the official photographer used.  Her pictures are so beautiful.

Question: when the fortune teller said Man Bok would not return to the village, what it really meant was she would move away from the village to the big city, right?

Now onto some thoughts to your posts!:

14 hours ago, Esteraela said:

Then it hit me that's how much RJH and Seri truly loves each other -- to the extent where RJH's pride isn't hurt despite Seri forking out money for all his coats and even the yearly music scholarship (must be a bomb)

And that Seri is comfortable with RJH, and trusting in his character that he won't be hurt by her strong alpha female qualities.

This is why I was so invested in this couple because both of them are equals.

Someone had written previously that this really highlights RJH's confidence in himself as a person, and that he does not feel intimidated or even "less" as a counterpart to SR despite her wealth.  I thought this was such a great observation. You highlighted the flip side to that which is SR trusted him enough to know he wouldn't feel hurt about it.  Thanks for pointing that out!

14 hours ago, INeedAFan said:

I really like the use of IU’s OST for this scene. 

I've been avoiding rewatching this particular scene but just had to see what you're referring to!  Yes the lyrics and melody, everything, it is so fitting.  I love how the IU song can be associated with the ring exchange scene, which can make one so happy, but also the the hospital RJH confession scene and this ultimate separation scene, which can make one so emotional:tears:

12 hours ago, Phoenix88 said:

Ri Jeong Hyeok and Se Ri first encounter each other at Switzerland 10 years ago at the time they met at the DMZ Ri Jeong Hyeok is 31. So we can assume that when they first encounter in Switzerland he is 21. i think Seri and Jeong Hyeok are the same age. Seo Dan took the camera on Jeong Hyeok's house when she visit with Gu Sung Jeon and she said she took it from there. At the time Seri and Jeong Hyeok separated at the DMZ he's 32 he celebrated his birthday while in custody of the NIS Feb 14 2020.  i assume because his first scheduled text message to Seri when he was gone is dated March 7 2020. They are Separated for about 3 years since the DMZ goodbye. And when they reunited at Switzerland he's 35 Years Old.

4 hours ago, LovelySwiss said:

Thank you for this! I was confused about what SD said and it's clear now. I still dont want to rewatch it, so i asked here. :wub:

Someone helped me break it down (the timeline) on pg 391 - I'm sort of convinced it is around 2 years (a bit more but not 3 years) that the paragliding reunion scene occurred.  I have also been avoiding episode 16 re-watch but I think I just might because I need to hash out this timeline once and for all lol!

• Like 7
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, liltash85 said:

Seri is not adopted. She is her father's daughter with another woman. So the mother is her 'step mom'. That is why she doesn't favor Seri at first when her husband brought back a less than 1 month old baby Seri. 

Yup GSJ never get his full revenge. He try to used Seri but Seri is smart enough and cancel the marriage arrangement. Because of this too, he conned the second brother and took all the money (this is somehow his revenge). but because of this too, he needs to hide and that how he was staying in NK. 

I am having a major withdrawal. i haven't experienced this before. I cannot continue watch any drama. I keep watching on CLOY clips on IG eventhough it is the same clips from hundreds different account. Gosh, what have they done to me. 

Thank you! So GSJ got his revenge through the second brother. And you're going through withdrawl! CLOY has taken over your life! :):)

• Like 3