[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

47 minutes ago, Shenshen said:

Anyone here who knows when the Nokdu Blueray Disc will be released or how can I purchase it?

This tweet is really helpful for those who interested with the disc.. They checking for the demand right now..

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG what an amazing episode :wub::wub::wub:... I'm still giggling for those sweet moments between Nokdu and Dongjoo, they're so cute. 

I cried with those sad moments between Nokdu and his father the King, with just imagining how hurt Nokdu will be when he'll know that his own father tried to kill him :tears: my poor baby, I hope DJ will be by his side during that moments and her mother the queen as well. 

1 hour ago, misskym86 said:

For me, i still cannot hate yoolmoo. What if he is crazy like that because of dongjoo. Preview of dj said to ym. About him killing the king? Maybe its his promise to her. And dj promise to him but still loving ND whom she should be honest with. Poor ND going to cry again haha

He's crazy for sure, but bcs of DJ or bcs of him, that's what we'll see clearly when they show DJ's pov of knowing him (aka one of the holes that makes her character incoherent up till now). 

YM once said that he realized she hang on the strength she had, but it was feud and fear. Does he want to help ease her pain? Or he just let her do whatever she wants in order to grow her revenge aim, and then he can control all over her life? Fair to say, he finds her as a ally, a reason to dethrone and kill the king. So now ND appears waking up her inner strength, make she want to love and live, then he cant manipulate her anymore.

However, sure, there's a girl he really loves: his financé who-was-dead. That's why he no longer want her heart, just her body with him.

YM will get the throne anyway. His introduction as Neungyang already includes later-Injo. Personally I dont want our otp becoming king and queen, esp king after Gwanghae. So I have no idea how our OTP end up. They may flee away, but how can they survive with YM's obsession?

The story is getting quite intense now. Not as many laugh-a-minute moments anymore, but have to give it to AengDu for her comedic timing. This child actress is really quite talented! Hope she gets an award for her role here.

I think it's quite tragic to see the King trapped in his endless loop of Jekyll-and-Hyde Macbeth moments. I am slightly disappointed that Heo Yoon sorta died the good noble. It would seem the King did indeed order the massacre of DongJoo's family. Was really hoping it wasn't so and that there would be enough to redeem the King with. But his obsession with wanting to hang on to his throne through morally questionable means is a true disappointment. No wonder his own disappointment with himself. For a father to think of his own son as a threat must point to a very self-obsessive desire to hold on to power. That honestly seems very incongruent with his Dr Jekyll self that seems to want to rule the country well, especially after the Japanese invasion. No wonder Heo Yoon said that the moment he desired to kill YunJeo and his own son, he knew that Gwanghae was no longer fit for the throne. Nevertheless, this does not naturally place Heo Yoon on the moral higher ground. As YunJeo pointed out -- who is he also to decide who ascends the throne? 

I am now wondering - will the great reveal happen in the next episode? Does the king truly deserve the death that DongJoo is plotting? Is there no longer any redeeming grace for him?

2 hours ago, valNK said:

He's crazy for sure, but bcs of DJ or bcs of him, that's what we'll see clearly when they show DJ's pov of knowing him (aka one of the holes that makes her character incoherent up till now). 

YM once said that he realized she hang on the strength she had, but it was feud and fear. Does he want to help ease her pain? Or he just let her do whatever she wants in order to grow her revenge aim, and then he can control all over her life? Fair to say, he finds her as a ally, a reason to dethrone and kill the king. So now ND appears waking up her inner strength, make she want to love and live, then he cant manipulate her anymore.

However, sure, there's a girl he really loves: his financé who-was-dead. That's why he no longer want her heart, just her body with him.

YM will get the throne anyway. His introduction as Neungyang already includes later-Injo. Personally I dont want our otp becoming king and queen, esp king after Gwanghae. So I have no idea how our OTP end up. They may flee away, but how can they survive with YM's obsession?

YM would be the next king after kwanghee....if this story follow true story king kwanghee will be dethrone for king injo to take the throne.i hope this story would be happy for nokdu n dongjoo along with nokdu parents.but i really want to know either dongjoo parents died because of king or not? i did not want to see ND and DJ separate....:tears:

9 minutes ago, hahanzyy said:

will they provide eng sub for the making? they looked so cute together, so much giggling and touching ... wish i know what they were saying

They look so natural together! Despite all the giggling I don’t feel any awkwardness I usually see in the kissing BTS (where the main actors can’t even look into each other’s eyes. I mean with all the touching and stripping since the earliest episodes I guess they’re quite intimate with each other LOL :tounge_wink: It look a like the kiss took a lot of takes!

Spoiler

Ahhhh....I didn't think it was possible for KSH and JDY to be even more adorable in the BTS than the actual scene. I was expecting KSH to be the shy/nervous one when filming this scene but I was surprised to see that she was actually the more comfortable one, joking around and everything.  This is not the JDY who was super excited and confident with his kiss scene with KTO. :joy: JDY's little 'research' *ahem* around KSH to figure out how far his gat/hat reaches. :joy: Is this his 7D personality coming out?

I really loooooved KSH's delivery of Dong Joo's lines prior to the kiss scene so it was an absolute treat seeing KSH play around with her lines during rehearsal. So it looks like she actually ad-libbed the part where she hits Nok Du's chest when she was asking why she keeps thinking of him. The caption says Dong Joo's Real Adlib and during the rehearsal she goes:

KSH: Why did I think of you?

KSH: Should I hit him?~~~ (playfully)

KSH: WHY DID I ONLY THINK OF YOUUUU??? (angrily) - this is my fave part

When I saw this, I thought wooow...this is how she practiced it during rehearsal and THAT's how it came out. clap clap BRAVO

KSH was so playful in this BTS. During the part where she has to wrap her arms around JDY, the director asked her to wrap her arms while making her hands look pretty so she playfully tried to make it pretty loool. 

Normally I would not get mad at a kid but this time I was hella mad when aengdu disrupted nokdu and dongjoo. No happy ending for you little kid. I take back my happy ending for the king also. No more forgiveness and redemption for him. Punish him and keep him in whatever dungeon you want. The queen and nokdu can be a happy family even without him. The virtuous women are back and with potential love lines. A widow smoking in kdrama? Whoever wrote that is a very progressive person. two thumbs up. The intensity of this episode accumulated in the climax cliffhanger. Now that dongjoo knows her friend is a king what will she do? Will she give up her revenge plan? All the revelations  will keep hitting the poor girl like bullets. 

Then during the scene where ND asks DJ if she isn't nervous at all, JDY unknowingly steps back during rehearsal so the PD told him to not step back and then KSH jokingly said 'He must be scared'. Then they rehearsed the scene where DJ kisses ND for the 3rd time. KSH misunderstands the PD's instruction to cup JDY's face while giving him a ppo-ppo. So she ends up giving him a ppo-ppo on the cheeks hahaha. It's cute how KSH was kinda trying to practice how to cup his face nicely. Hahaha

And OMG at 1:57...the PD actually demonstrates on his hand how to do the kiss LMFAO. He was specifically instructing them that the scene was not a peck but a deep kiss. LOOOOOOOL So KSH slightly screamed and got embarrassed so she was kinda like mwo-yaaa. After that JDY and KSH looked soulless laughing loooool and i think the caption is something to the effect of like 'Mental breakdown'. :joy:

Then during the scene where ND kisses DJ after she tells him she likes him. JDY actually jumps the gun and kisses her too early that's why KSH stopped him.

KSH: Fine. I like you.

JDY reaches for the kiss.

KSH: Mmm...waitaminute...

KSH: I still have another line left :lol:

JDY: I'm sorry! 

KSH: I like you so much it's killing me. (JDY was confirming the lines)

20 minutes ago, mungbean said:

And OMG at 1:57...the PD actually demonstrates on his hand how to do the kiss LMFAO. He was specifically instructing them that the scene was not a peck but a deep kiss. LOOOOOOOL So KSH slightly screamed and got embarrassed so she was kinda like mwo-yaaa. After that JDY and KSH looked soulless laughing loooool and i think the caption is something to the effect of like 'Mental breakdown'. :joy:

Then during the scene where ND kisses DJ after she tells him she likes him. JDY actually jumps the gun and kisses her too early that's why KSH stopped him.

KSH: Fine. I like you.

JDY reaches for the kiss.

KSH: Mmm...waitaminute...

KSH: I still have another line left :lol:

JDY: I'm sorry! 

KSH: I like you so much it's killing me. (JDY was confirming the lines)

Thank you for your translation! I’m grinning like a fool right now. So they didn’t know the PD had deep kiss in his mind? LOL, that’s why she screamed and got embarrassed! And JDY was too eager to kiss her so he forgot she got another line :joy: You’re right, it’s actually funny that JDY was more nervous than her :lol:

Sorry guys, the next part I don't understand as much. I'm not entirely sure what exactly JDY did wrong with the kiss loool. But umm...I died a little when he referred to KSH as macaron? Then PD asked JDY if he's making the mistakes on purpose. So JDY says no, no, ayyy. I couldn't hear exactly what KSH was saying but JDY said he couldn't see.

After that they were just asking each other if they were cold and compared who got soaked more in the rain.

KSH: Oppa, you're not cold right?

JDY: I'm cold too

KSH: You're not wet

JDY: I'm wet

KSH: Look at how soaked I am

JDY: What? We were in the same place though

KSH: I would like to wear a gat/hat too

Last part was KSH asking the VJ how the scene was so the VJ told her it was really really good.

1 hour ago, aisling said:

Thank you for your translation! I’m grinning like a fool right now. So they didn’t know the PD had deep kiss in his mind? LOL, that’s why she screamed and got embarrassed! And JDY was too eager to kiss her so he forgot she got another line :joy: You’re right, it’s actually funny that JDY was more nervous than her :lol:

No problem! It's just a rough translation though, that's only as far as my understanding can go. LOOOL I'm not sure if they didn't know it was a deep kiss, or if she was just embarrassed at how detailed the PD was explaining it. Or if it's a similar reaction to when the PD was demonstrating how to wrap her arms around JDY and kiss him earlier. Hahaha yeah, this is when I realized how much of a sunbae KSH really is although they're both technically nervous. :lol: She's just hiding hers through laughter loool.

4 hours ago, mungbean said:

Sorry guys, the next part I don't understand as much. I'm not entirely sure what exactly JDY did wrong with the kiss loool. But umm...I died a little when he referred to KSH as macaron? Then PD asked JDY if he's making the mistakes on purpose. So JDY says no, no, ayyy. I couldn't hear exactly what KSH was saying but JDY said he couldn't see.

After that they were just asking each other if they were cold and compared who got soaked more in the rain.

KSH: Oppa, you're not cold right?

JDY: I'm cold too

KSH: You're not wet

JDY: I'm wet

KSH: Look at how soaked I am

JDY: What? We were in the same place though

KSH: I would like to wear a gat/hat too

Last part was KSH asking the VJ how the scene was so the VJ told her it was really really good.

No problem! It's just a rough translation though, that's only as far as my understanding can go. LOOOL I'm not sure if they didn't know it was a deep kiss, or if she was just embarrassed at how detailed the PD was explaining it. Or if it's a similar reaction to when the PD was demonstrating how to wrap her arms around JDY and kiss him earlier. Hahaha yeah, this is when I realized how much of a sunbae KSH really is although they're both technically nervous. :lol: She's just hiding hers through laughter loool.

Thank you so much for the rough translation i only understood half of what they were saying..

even though KSH is the sunbae in all her other kisses she was so awkward with the male leads and shy.. with JDY she is so comfortable and bold i love it.. it seems like she is blossoming.. all the kissing did her good.. who needs a boyfriend when you can kiss hot male actors every project you work on :smirk:

Archived