[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me list the things out (gosh, it's really confusing :sweatingbullets: )

- 20yrs ago: 

Gwanghae is Seonjo's son with a concubine who had very low status, so he becoming Crowned prince was just bcs of his talent during the Japanese war. Lord Heo and Jung venerated and followed him. But bcs of low status of his birth mother (other aristocracy would never support him) his path to the throne was still equivocal.

Then the shaman appeared and said his son who was born in Nov19 would be the-chosen-one. In fact, the child could lean on the power from his mother's family, and take all his father's effort and become a king. Since then, Gwanghae's wish turned to ambition, he ordered to kill his child. 

The moment Lord Heo set free for Jung and the child, his faith to the Gwanghae began to get loose. He began to lie.

- 6yrs ago:

Grand Prince Yeongchang was born by the Queen of Seonjo. So Seonjo gave his will to let YC succeed the throne instead of Gwanghae. (Maybe after Seonjo death) the royal command was kept by Lord Yoo -  DJ's grandfather. However, YC was still too young and weak, so Lord Yoo kept it secret.

Lord Heo figured it out. Then the massacre happened. It was under Gwanghae order.

Lord Heo witnessed all the change of Gwanghae, he lost all his faith and started preparing treason with Muwol. (But I still dont understand why he wanted to find and kill Jung and ND in first episodes) 

- Present:

Lord Heo wanted to put a good king to the throne. After YC was killed by Neungyang, ND happened to be the best choice. But Jung doesnt want ND confront with his father, he just wants ND all safe. That's the biggest conflict between Heo and Jung.

Then, Lord Heo died - in the exactly way that Lord Yoo warned. Now Jung need the protection from Gwanghae's Queen.

(But Idk now Gwanghae is the king, he need an heir anw, he wont harm his chid again, then why need to protect ND that much?)

Abt Hwangtae joining with YM. Not sure abt his plan, however, I believe he is just another professor Snape :)

ANYWAY, what I want to say is: "Karma is a b**ch, baby.":rolleyes:

XDMl19U.jpg

1 hour ago, ChunSungIm said:

just dont watched the 19-20,21-22 

still curious why the father of dong joo acussed as traitor by palace and mascared by king

the meltdown for next few eps until end

1. dong joo finds out the head police are king

2. dong joo finds that the king is father of nok du

3. kings knows yeon seo is nok du and he is his son 

From what I understand everything started because the former king didn't want the current king to become the king. He reluctantly made him the crown price because of a war that was ongoing at the time. Eventually the crown prince found out from some shaman that a new king was going to be born which was his son. He feared he himself will never become king because of his son at that time I think he was still a crown prince. The former king would have passed the crown from his son to his grandson is what I think the current king was fearing. I think that was a stupid reason to kill his own child but shows how paranoid he had stared to become. After the other child was born to the former king himself I think the crown prince disovered a coup? Not clear but the doongjoo grandfarther had a royal order to replace the new king with the child which the current king considers as treason I assume. I don't know if his entire family was murdered because of treason or because he didn't want the secret to get out. 

Watch: Jang Dong Yoon And Kim So Hyun Have Fun Experimenting During Kiss Scene In âThe Tale of Nokduâ

Watch: Jang Dong Yoon And Kim So Hyun Have Fun Experimenting During Kiss Scene In “The Tale of Nokdu”

KBS’s “The Tale of Nokdu” recently released a behind-the-scenes video of the romantic kiss scene between Jang Dong Yoon and Kim So Hyun!

The video begins with the production staff asking the two actors if they’re nervous for their big scene. But both actors are casual about it, with Jang Dong Yoon saying, “Is there something to be nervous about?” and Kim So Hyun quipping, “It’s just like any other scene to me.”

When it comes time to block the scene (rehearse their physical movements), Jang Dong Yoon makes everyone laugh as he experiments to see which angle he has to tilt his hat in order to get the kiss right. Kim So Hyun also loosens up by ad-libbing during their line rehearsal.

The actors find it hilarious when the director tries to practice the kiss scene with Jang Dong Yoon to show them how they should be holding each other. The director then jokes around by demonstrating a slightly steamier version of the kiss scene and says, “That’s the version of the kiss if you were in your thirties.”

Despite their casual demeanor at the beginning of the video, the actors have to experiment a lot when it comes to actual rehearsals. Kim So Hyun tries different ways of touching Jang Dong Yoon’s face, but laughs whenever she makes eye contact with him. The director tells Jang Dong Yoon he needs to have more fire in his gaze, and the actor replies nonsensically, “It’ll happen naturally once we kiss.”

Things don’t go any smoother once the rain machine turns on, with Jang Dong Yoon going in for the kiss before Kim So Hyun had finished saying her lines. The actors do take after take, experimenting with different angles and positions, until the director finally gives the okay.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1364164wpp/watch-jang-dong-yoon-and-kim-so-hyun-have-fun-experimenting-during-kiss-scene-in-the-tale-of-nokdu

3 minutes ago, Breeze said:

More sweet and romantic  sceens are coming

Beach scene? Does that mean we can expect more shirtless nokdu? Pretty please? :P I’ll be sure to stick some tampons up my nose this time for my nose bleeds lol 

15 minutes ago, elan1 said:

Beach scene? Does that mean we can expect more shirtless nokdu? Pretty please? :P I’ll be sure to stick some tampons up my nose this time for my nose bleeds lol 

More wet kisses (take note: not the original meaning of wet kisses...) but they kiss while they are getting wet...:P

KSY seem to be an expert on getting kissed passionately after getting wet..(ehm...during ruler...if not mistaken also in Romantic Romance)

3 hours ago, valNK said:

(But I still dont understand why he wanted to find and kill Jung and ND in first episodes) 

I think the reasons why Minster Heo wanted to kill Nokdu and his adoptive family are:

1) He wanted to hide his treason - he wanted to get rid of witnesses. He let Jung and Nokdu live 20 years ago and now that they don’t fit into his plans anymore, he wanted to tie the loose ends.

2) He wanted to make YC the king and he needed to eliminate Nokdu as the most possible candidate for the throne. 

1 hour ago, Breeze said:

The director tells Jang Dong Yoon he needs to have more fire in his gaze, and the actor replies nonsensically, “It’ll happen naturally once we kiss.”

Let me start with by saying the kiss was way better than what I had expected. BUT, when it came to expressions, KSH pretty much carried it through. Poor JDY looked so flustered throughout. He couldn't pull off the fiery gaze on that nervous baby face after KSH kissed him 2nd time hahaha. He shines in other scenes ("Aren't I handsome?" ones) with cuteness and charm. Maybe he was too nervous during this one with all the teasing from the staff and KSH, and pressure to perform haha, the leading men have it tough too I guess.

The bed kiss was definitely more passionate and comfortable.

I hope in the next kiss scene he smirks or something before kissing her. *praying for a confident JDY and another passionate kiss on the beach*

1 hour ago, kkddrraammaa said:

Let me start with by saying the kiss was way better than what I had expected. BUT, when it came to expressions, KSH pretty much carried it through. Poor JDY looked so flustered throughout. He couldn't pull off the fiery gaze on that nervous baby face after KSH kissed him 2nd time hahaha. He shines in other scenes ("Aren't I handsome?" ones) with cuteness and charm. Maybe he was too nervous during this one with all the teasing from the staff and KSH, and pressure to perform haha, the leading men have it tough too I guess.

honestly i thought that flustered expression of his as Nokdu was very apt at that moment... bcos just before the kiss, DJ was still pushing him away but when she finally admitted that she likes him very much, i thot that he"lost control" of himself and zoom in for the kiss. So directly after that first kiss, his expression showed that he wasn't sure how DJ would react to his action or how he should behave towards her after that ...  ND told DJ that he felt very nervous

So I found this explanation of buying shoes in Korea. No wonder ND doesn't want to buy one for DJ because of her tendency to leave :)

I keep repeating the BTS too...lol.. and I found that JDY and KSH are just so in-sync even when they laugh and the way they laugh :)

ctto

That fan taken of the shooting area is absolutely stunning, very suiting for another romantic date. And yay, they're going to the beach~!.. ha ha... 

KBS : nokdu & Dong Dong joo here is the beach scene :D

Nokdu : my abs is ready , I am happy to help boost the rate :lol:

Dong Dong Joo : We need to make more steamy , we are team remember , I know the way , learn it from the master :mrgreen:

Spoiler

5dc3e92da501d973357704.gif?download

# little crazy thought :grimace:

Things I expect from the next episodes - swing kiss, beach kiss, more naked dongyoon, more agressive dongjoo and a proper bed scene without aengdu. That should be enough plot for 5 episodes. Wait did I say bed scene? I meant bed scenes as in a lot of them. No upper limit. 

48 minutes ago, petunia said:

Things I expect from the next episodes - swing kiss, beach kiss, more naked dongyoon, more agressive dongjoo and a proper bed scene without aengdu. That should be enough plot for 5 episodes. Wait did I say bed scene? I meant bed scenes as in a lot of them. No upper limit. 

LOL... now that we're given lots of kisses and an interrupted bed scene, looks like we all are hungry for more just like ND and DJ.. HAHA... we've been suppressed for that kiss for how many episodes just like DJ's denial of her feelings, so we are wanting more. But don't worry, in PD-nim, we trust, we definitely will get what we want, for sure :joy:

I really doubt KBS will be so kind to give us two BTS of kiss scene ona row,  so I bet tomorrow we will get the BTS for the dating on market (just in order to make me not be too disappointed tomorrow) :tears:

and really hope the DVD could be released,  it is not only about a sweet couple but the whole team shares a lighthearted atmosphere,  really love it:kiss_wink:

Archived