[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

7 hours ago, caesarclown said:

It's from the OST of Tree of Heaven, titled His Whistle!

Thank you so much, finally I can hear this song again :)

I watch tree of heaven a long time ago, and like the ost too. His whistle and one more ost by shin Seung hun

(mod. Sorry I don't know how to remove video from my quotes)

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks! :)
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, debbsthebee said:

@brielover very interesting, thanks for sharing. so based on your theory, is it right to say that CS is not a reincarnation of MW's past love (either the captain or Yeon Woo)?

Lol still not sure - we need more data.  The idea behind the ritual is that the King is killed/sacrificed and then resurrected so he's symbolically the same man but in reality a different one!  

Diana was a virgin goddess, so it's possible MW didn't love either of the two men from her past enough.  That might even be her failing from the past.  And since then, she can't let herself love a manager because it's too painful to see them die one after the other.  It's quite possible that CS is her first love or at least in love experience.

But there are two myths in particular that the  Hong Sisters might be using for inspiration for MW's past if they use the Diana myth.  One is Diana killing a man on impulse and out of anger for watching her bathe (trying to mess with her).  Another is Diana's brother Apollo growing jealous and tricking her into shooting the man, Orion, her companion, in the head.  I myself think a combination of accident, trickery by another, and MW's impulsive bad temper are very likely the lethal combo that led to her punishment.

• Like 5

Just watched latest ep....it seemed certain that CS is YW's reincarnation... the question is how come YW didnt go through Hotel Del Luna when he died? (Although... maybe he died earlier before MW became the hotel owner)

... and how come the hotel have not serve any Kings before?.... not all dead souls go to the Hotel? ... hmm...

I disagree when people writes that YJG looks young with IU...., if we all dont their their ages, im sure YJG is actually looks compatible with IU in characters.

Because YGJ is darker skin tone, he looks more mature than his age while IU looks fairer hence looks younger than her age :)

• Like 5

8 hours ago, nisfii said:

Hello.. I'm new to this thread...I rarely post something on any thread but I'm really curious about the piano instrumental that Played in minute 22.45

I remember listening the song version before, and I think it's the ost from old drama...but I forget from which dramas or the singer name...it's beautiful and calming song...

Anyone here knows that song?

Thank you

I remembered it as a children's song, My Grandfather's Clock. I was humming along...Amazing,I hadn't sang this in decades but I remembered the lyrics, not the songwriter,  Henry Clay Work. And decades later the music is re-arranged again to a lovely tempo.Thank you for sharing.

My grandfather's clock was too large for the shelf,
So it stood ninety years on the floor;
It was taller by half than the old man himself,
Though it weighed not a pennyweight more.
It was bought on the morn of the day that he was born,
And was always his treasure and pride;
But it stopped short — never to go again —
When the old man died.

chorus:

Ninety years without slumbering 
(tick, tock, tick, tock),

His life's seconds numbering,
(tick, tock, tick, tock),

It stopped short never to go again when the old man died

• Like 7

1 hour ago, debbsthebee said:

@brielover very interesting, thanks for sharing. so based on your theory, is it right to say that CS is not a reincarnation of MW's past love (either the captain or Yeon Woo)?

Seem to have lost my reply to this.  I don't know.  The Diana ritual is a dying/sacrificial king who is then resurrected.  Symbolically he's the same person, in reality he's a different man. So that doesn't really help lol!

All I can say is that the Hong Sisters are very deliberately playing with a substitution theme.  The Captain of the Guard 's relationship to the Princess is the exact same one as the priest-king to Diana, or CS to MW, and in the past likely Yeon Woo to MW.  Protector, right hand man, maybe consort, but not necessarily lover.  Captain is clearly interested in MW, while Yeon Woo has that moment in the carriage where he seems interested in the Princess.  We then get that shot with MW looking feral and bloody having donned what is most likely the Princess's wedding dress.  

• Like 4

I watched Ep6 without subtitles.I found the subplot on the King hilarious.For a king to be so infuriated by a lousy actor portraying him that he descended to correct the actor! Then he decided he could play himself better and completely take over the acting role; and that the hotel staff who couldn't figure out which king he was, had to watch Kdrama to revise their history knowledge.:blink:

After watching it the second time,this time with subs, it's so funny how the ghostly staff representing the era of goryeo,Joseon and Japanese occupation, didn't know their history of kings.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

i just finished the 2 episodes with eng subs.. lol some funny thoughts.. :rolleyes: i wonder the moment MW picked up the binoculars to search for the red pouch and had Sanchez falling off the bike to pick it up was an intentional prank.. revenge for him calling her by name (so kindly lol) :lol:

i like the scenes where the cute butler (aka rich boy aka chocolat-to aka ?? what other nicks??) befriends “Yu Na”.. its like friendship found.. and she reminds him of the little sister he missed and couldnt let go.. i have a hunch that, he might eventually be sent off by “Yu Na” during her internship when he finally found a little sister (her) that he can be a big brother to.. something which could have been a deep regret he couldn’t have done when he was alive.. :huh:

room 13 ghost definitely depicts Sadako from The Ring.. the nails that left scratches on the stone walls at the room door (same as Sadako when she was thrown into the well and she tried to climb up breaking her nails and stubs on the well walls).. the video that went viral (short of the housefly haha)..

the memory back at the tree where MW and YW talked about building house.. the feeling i get is not the romance kind of love, its family. i think its mutual.. the love YW had for MW is like a family.. :wub: same for MW to YW.. but for the scene at the lake with the firefly guard. thats romance.. and in a way, feels like a promise from him that he will return to her one day.. its probably a mission that he needed to accomplish before coming back to her.. i suspect, he could have ended up being plotted against.. the princess (Young Hwa) had feelings for him but she was to be married to someone else (probably to another king?) her feelings might have been made known to that king and he had him killed.. thats why he never made it back to MW and so, she went on a massacre?? :sweatingbullets:

another terrible thought.. MW mentioned some ghosts might turn evil and feed on other ghosts and harm humans.. could that have happened to YW or the firefly guard souls? thats why they haven’t appeared?? :tears: she started seeing souls and ghosts even before she became HDL owner.. there must have been a twist or something.. i think, MW could already have been dead since. just that her grief was so great she couldn’t leave.. (the same as how the hotel staff have the permission to stay in human world and hold a job). lets assume MW is already dead, the memories would have been nice ones except the final piece.. the last moment before she died, CS is here to help her recall and move on.. i’m of cos, guessing based on the blind lady incident. she remembered happy moments with the hand but its also until the last moment before death she needs to recall before moving on..

oh well, its 1.15am here.. sorry for long post haha i need to sleep!

• Like 8
  • Love 2

I was thinking about CS being the 49th manager.  I know in Buddhism it takes 49 days (thank you kdramas) for consciousness after death to travel from one life to another, so the use of 49 seems to be related.  Moreover, it kind of makes sense when she tells him he was the zero choice.  It makes me think he was the original way back in her past, and has now been reborn as 49th.  It does seem to hint he's been reincarnated finally, not after 49 days but after 49 lifetimes.

Still confused about which he is though!

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

Omg! I love IU( Lee Ji Eun). I watched a lot of My Mister and Dream High, Scarlet Heart! I hope she's doing well in this. I also like Yeo Jin Goo's acting! I watched The Crowned Clown. He was in that, right? I wonder if everyone likes this drama. What do you think?

@Yana Mujay Why are you confused? Why did you make that face?

Edit: @Yana Mujay Did I upset you?

Edited by 2handsintertwined
:)
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

i just finished the 2 episodes with eng subs.. lol some funny thoughts.. :rolleyes: i wonder the moment MW picked up the binoculars to search for the red pouch and had Sanchez falling off the bike to pick it up was an intentional prank.. revenge for him calling her by name (so kindly lol) :lol:

i like the scenes where the cute butler (aka rich boy aka chocolat-to aka ?? what other nicks??) befriends “Yu Na”.. its like friendship found.. and she reminds him of the little sister he missed and couldnt let go.. i have a hunch that, he might eventually be sent off by “Yu Na” during her internship when he finally found a little sister (her) that he can be a big brother to.. something which could have been a deep regret he couldn’t have done when he was alive.. :huh:

room 13 ghost definitely depicts Sadako from The Ring.. the nails that left scratches on the stone walls at the room door (same as Sadako when she was thrown into the well and she tried to climb up breaking her nails and stubs on the well walls).. the video that went viral (short of the housefly haha)..

the memory back at the tree where MW and YW talked about building house.. the feeling i get is not the romance kind of love, its family. i think its mutual.. the love YW had for MW is like a family.. :wub: same for MW to YW.. but for the scene at the lake with the firefly guard. thats romance.. and in a way, feels like a promise from him that he will return to her one day.. its probably a mission that he needed to accomplish before coming back to her.. i suspect, he could have ended up being plotted against.. the princess (Young Hwa) had feelings for him but she was to be married to someone else (probably to another king?) her feelings might have been made known to that king and he had him killed.. thats why he never made it back to MW and so, she went on a massacre?? :sweatingbullets:

another terrible thought.. MW mentioned some ghosts might turn evil and feed on other ghosts and harm humans.. could that have happened to YW or the firefly guard souls? thats why they haven’t appeared?? :tears: she started seeing souls and ghosts even before she became HDL owner.. there must have been a twist or something.. i think, MW could already have been dead since. just that her grief was so great she couldn’t leave.. (the same as how the hotel staff have the permission to stay in human world and hold a job). lets assume MW is already dead, the memories would have been nice ones except the final piece.. the last moment before she died, CS is here to help her recall and move on.. i’m of cos, guessing based on the blind lady incident. she remembered happy moments with the hand but its also until the last moment before death she needs to recall before moving on..

oh well, its 1.15am here.. sorry for long post haha i need to sleep!

sadthe1st loves your post. 

the story start to gripping the mine topics I agreed  when we look back to all side story in HDL we could take some clue how would be the Mine plot resolved their own grudge/unfinished business on the world,  the importance part is Mira, she's must be the key to open all the clogged past memory to alive again, like what MG said The 3 of them have bounding it will be resolved or unresolved depends to MW itself to accept her true feelings, does you notice too, the conversation between  MW and CS about souls who's could harm humans made CS silent in solemnly and break him to another topic?

Seems CS is really the firefly Captain who's rebron to guide again MW sense, He did century ago and he will appear again like he promised.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, 2handsintertwined said:

@Yana Mujay Why are you confused? Why did you make that face?

Edit: @Yana Mujay Did I upset you?

Nope, why asked something you ready knew the answer??(mw voice and expression while bickering with Cs:D)

does you use Socrates method to invite another's to posting?:P

Actually when we paid more attention to each episode there's so many surprised line and a clever  quote made you break in laughter. Or...knocked your mind and then filled with joy....seems complicated as MW complicated mind:glasses:

I love so much how Jieun make the "IU" trade marks face here and there...

Found the past part in one frame:wub:

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, Yana Mujay said:

Nope, why asked something you ready knew the answer??(mw voice and expression while bickering with Cs:D)

does you use Socrates method to invite another's to posting?:P

Actually when we paid more attention to each episode there's so many surprised line and a clever  quote made you break in laughter. Or...knocked your mind and then filled with joy....seems complicated as MW complicated mind:glasses:

I love so much how Jieun make the "IU" trade marks face here and there...

Ok.

55 minutes ago, Yana Mujay said:

Found the past part in one frame:wub:

Thank you

• Like 4

Oh come on

..@2handsintertwined 

You can do better than 1 or 2 line's in your post.:D

Gimme something insightful to broad my mind for another opinions .

You have such magic hands to intertwined  the story does you?:P

Jang Man Wol Precious expression :wub:

IMG-20190729-123924.jpg

IMG-20190728-213256.jpg

IMG-20190728-213404.jpg

Spoiler

IMG-20190727-221935.jpg

• Like 6

I'm not jinx it...please...i'm not jinx it...

Writernim...don't punished him to vanished without trace:cry:

IMG-20190730-091656.jpg

Like his smiley eyes, like his handsome jawline love his crispy deep voice :blush:

Oh..okey  he is just a side story :sweat_smile::bawling:

IMG-20190730-091928.jpg

Ohmmmmm:sweatingbullets:

IMG-20190110-184719.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Yana Mujay said:

the story start to gripping the mine topics I agreed  when we look back to all side story in HDL we could take some clue how would be the Mine plot resolved their own grudge/unfinished business on the world,  the importance part is Mira, she's must be the key to open all the clogged past memory to alive again, like what MG said The 3 of them have bounding it will be resolved or unresolved depends to MW itself to accept her true feelings, does you notice too, the conversation between  MW and CS about souls who's could harm humans made CS silent in solemnly and break him to another topic?

Seems CS is really the firefly Captain who's rebron to guide again MW sense, He did century ago and he will appear again like he promised.

i really really really hope that CS is not firefly guard reincarnation.. as much as one of the MG sisters said the 3 of them had an entwined fate (and she messed up her knitting lol).. i still hope CS is not. reason being, MW is still MW.. Princess YH  and MR is still played by Yoo Na.. then there should be no excuse why the firefly guard is being portrayed by different actors (well.. if u noticed any hint of unjust, cos i like that firefly guard guy hahaha :lol:) they need to be consistent!! lol

MW will only meet MR in ep7.. she had a few chances to see her in ep6 but she was jealous and din want to see her photos :D lets see what memories are going to swarm in to MW at ep7.. can’t wait!!

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Oh wow this thread has moved so fast. I can't keep up! I really enjoyed the last two episodes. 

Spoiler

The good: Love MW + CS's banter and their growing relationship and the reveal about CS having to send MW off eventually. It's a good set up and I'm looking forward to see how this all plays out. Re episode 5: The closet ghost escaping room 13 scene was very well done by contrasting the growing feelings between MW + CS (freedom! lol). Good twist re the parents being the groom' and poor Sanchez! The MW bride in red flashback and the cutting of the red destiny thread were sooo well done. The highlight of the episode really.

Re ep. 6, I actually fell asleep for a bit and had to rewind lol. It was an actually funny episode re the actor and King story line lol. Basically confirms that both leads have developed feelings for each other although they won't admit it. The last scene on the beach was great. 

The only thing I didn't care for was the turning of room 13 ghost into an onryo (Japanese grudge spirits) aka Sadako from the Ring. I'm sure she will have a heart breaking backstory but I didn't particularly like this. She was scary in the closet but then when they turned her into an onryo - she lost her scare factor for me.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

The text preview for episode 7. Why am I not surprised that Chansung chose to become bait. :lol:

Finally finished episode 6 with subs! My fave things:

Spoiler

- I love love love Man Wol x Chansung! Why are they so cute together, whyyyy??? :wub: I love their constant bickering and how they not-so-secretly enjoy being with each other (let's go on a seaside date and watch the sunrise on our way there, anyone?). I love how direct they are with each other in both their contempt and their care for each other. And I found Chansung putting the food truck staff necklace on Man Wol unexpectedly heart-fluttering, ayieee! Other ships hew?

- Why is Chansung even surprised that she's dressed to the nines to eat octopus? She's always dressed to the nines no matter the occasion (or non-occasion).

- I loved Man Wol's super-shrieky rant about treating all guests like kings when Chansung was rubbing in her face the fact that he knew the king was fake before she did. I think this side of Man Wol was the part IU slightly seemed to struggle with in the first couple of episodes---the obnoxiously loud and outrageously ridiculous side. I thought this scene showed how comfortable and adept she's become with portraying it.

- Man Wol being so excited to go on their seaside date and then crashing back to earth with Ji Hyunjoong's words. The way she took off her gloves and then her earrings was heartbreaking. The way you could see her going, what am I doing? TF was I thinking? :tears:

- The staff still keeping Chansung on the outside and referring to him as Mr. Third Choice, hehehe.

- Special mention for Man Wol's multi-colored pastel nail polish with the yellow dress

- I thought the queen actress was familiar, and I was right! Good to see Pyo Ye Jin there, loved her in Secretary Kim. Also, Man Wol being imperiously mean to Pyo Ye Jin was epic.

- Sanchez and his buddy Man Wol-ah ftw. :lol: Looking forward to more of their shenanigans.

- They really had Yeo Jin Goo deadass saying he's a terrible actor and he doesn't know how to act. :lol:

3 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

i really really really hope that CS is not firefly guard reincarnation.. as much as one of the MG sisters said the 3 of them had an entwined fate (and she messed up her knitting lol).. i still hope CS is not. reason being, MW is still MW.. Princess YH  and MR is still played by Yoo Na.. then there should be no excuse why the firefly guard is being portrayed by different actors (well.. if u noticed any hint of unjust, cos i like that firefly guard guy hahaha :lol:) they need to be consistent!! lol

I also want Chansung not to be captain guard's reincarnation, for no good reason at all. :D I just want him to be his own person. Although it does seem like all signs are pointing to some sort of reincarnation. Bleh.

@stella77 Re: Room 13 ghost,

Spoiler

when the first guy's screen showed a room with a woman, I knew it was going to turn into a Sadako-type thing. I was disappointed in the visual effects though, of the woman's face just suddenly turning into a ghost. I was hoping for a better transition, like morphing or some glitch-y flickering. :P I also thought the ghost would gouge their eyes out, but it was just some bruising, oop. It was interesting that they chose to use the molka epidemic in her story, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they tackle it.

Here's a nice lengthy post on Tumblr by seeorseem about how the writing for Hotel Del Luna's female lead and her relationship with the male lead is an upgrade over a couple of other Hong sister dramas:

https://seeorseem.tumblr.com/post/186613231314

• Like 11
  • Love 1