[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

When I started watching from episode 1 I was sure she killed someone she loved and  that's why she was roaming around restlessly to get peace now I'm starting to feel she killed Captain Firefly due to reasons out of her control!

• Like 7

13 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Just watched latest ep....it seemed certain that CS is YW's reincarnation... the question is how come YW didnt go through Hotel Del Luna when he died? (Although... maybe he died earlier before MW became the hotel owner)

... and how come the hotel have not serve any Kings before?.... not all dead souls go to the Hotel? ... hmm...

I believe not all dead souls go to the hotel. Only the ones who has unfinished business in this world do. The man who got car accident I don't remember which episode, the soul just stands straight look at his body one last time, then the limo car take him to the bridge, he held flower MG gave him and walked to Sanzu river (can't remember that river name :sweatingbullets:)

• Like 8

This drama has turned into a Monday for me. I'm only available to watch it on Mondays, too busy on the weekend and always peeking over all you guys spoilers and posts. :)

15 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

Holy Moly - it just hit me.....

https://mythology.net/greek/greek-gods/the-fates/

Composed of three sisters—Clotho, Lachesis and Atropos—the Fates were a trinity of goddesses. They were the personifications of man’s life and destiny. These three immortals decided man’s fate as a singular force: his life, lifespan and death. Consequently, they were in control of the past, the present and the future. They were not only feared and respected by mortals—they were also in control of the fates of the gods.

The Fates controlled the birth, death and lifespan of all gods and mortals. Every time a child was born, it was believed that the Fates would visit them three days after and decide whether the child should live. As soon as a child was born, the threads that the sisters used to determine life began to be spun. Each of the sisters had different roles. Clotho weaved the web of life from her distaff onto her roll, referred to as the Book of Fate. Lachesis would mature these threads to determine how long each life would last using her measuring staff. She would also point this staff at Horoscopes on the globe. Atropos decided exactly how someone was going to die using and would use shears to cut the thread when the time came. Atropos translates as “inevitable”. She was also the eldest and the wisest of the Three Sisters.

I was soo shocked when there were three of them and looked into it. It's interesting on how these ladies will play into/involvement with JMW and KCS.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I would have liked if the Captain and MW kissed while

sitting on the beach. :wub:

Me, too.

I'm soo interest in their story. Like everything that KCS keeps seeing it's just pieces and pieces of JMW's past, I'm like dying to know what happen. I keep thinking that he probably betrayed her and married the princess, that's why JMW came into the wedding room dress that way to get revenge. Just my guess.

Can't wait for next week.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I'm a bit behind since I'm only on episode 3, and still not sure how much I love this drama. I am curious though with the hinted incarnations, well other than MW who has remained herself for a millenia. I have a feeling that CS is going to be an incarnation of one of the two men in MW's original life, and the reason that it's a different actor is to keep the viewers guessing who he is a reincarnation of.

YJG is as lovely as he ever is, but truthfully, for this initial phase anyway, the sageuk portions are more interesting than his storyline. Also, I assume that there will be romance between CS and MW, at least episode 3 seems to indicate that there will be, so looking forward to what shape that will take place. I really have to catch up so that I can start talking about the latest developments rather than speculating based on past episodes.

:astonished:

What i see

When i read your post and interest to follow HDL Thread 

:wub:

Thanks for coming missed your deep analysis in story

One of my favorite moderator;)

Stroppyse...does i spelled correctly?:grin:

Bebebisous and you have same "easy" name to write..:sweat_smile:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Yana Mujay said:
  Hide contents

I knew she's such pranksters :lol:

Lui..lui..or loi?

I think it is nui

Captain Firefly  keeps refering to himself as oraboni

https://books.google.mv/books?id=H4CsWDEi52IC&pg=PA5&lpg=PA5&dq=oraboni+nui&source=bl&ots=tFU8jjR3Be&sig=ACfU3U2iqZJNzp4pmv2GjbrEpPUpr8OYTw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi-t87qwdzjAhVHi3AKHVfBAc0Q6AEwCnoECAMQAQ#v=onepage&q=oraboni nui&f=false

Hope this helped

• Like 9

1 hour ago, angelbeast90 said:

Thanks@angelbeast90

Nui...feel sweet :wub:

Much understand now:glasses:

IMG-20190730-184321.jpg

The bantering couple :)

Their  pose so on point to distinctive their relationship B)

:P

IMG-20190730-085414.jpg

Man Wol cynical, way too obvious she is in jealous mode:P

IMG-20190730-105519.jpg

• Like 10

@Ondine I agree that the quality of CG and special effects for ghost from room 13 dropped drastically when she entered the digital world lol. She was so creepy in the closet and hotel scenes — I just wonder why they had to do her like this. She was soooo creepy already just haunting closets and what is up with the incense too? I actually laughed out loud at the scene  of when she haunted the late night office gross perverted dude and then screamed noooooooo don’t be like Sadako-San at my TV screen. Oh well. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

30 minutes ago, stella77 said:

@Ondine I agree that the quality of CG and special effects for ghost from room 13 dropped drastically when she entered the digital world lol. She was so creepy in the closet and hotel scenes — I just wonder why they had to do her like this. She was soooo creepy already just haunting closets and what is up with the incense too? I actually laughed out loud at the scene  of when she haunted the late night office gross perverted dude and then screamed noooooooo don’t be like Sadako-San at my TV screen. Oh well. 

Hmmm

That's the reason i do not like horrors :skull:

The creepy while the camera work on running, peeking or sudden encounter freaking me out:scream:

Actually the fears is not much but the cramps in the stomach is real:sweat:

Like this one

IMG-20190721-121411.jpg:crazy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

the video scene of the room 13 ghost could have been a replay of the one being circulated before she died.. she could have been forced to be filmed for such explicit content by those cheap online sites. :huh: thats why she hates men.. those lustful ones.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

10 hours ago, angelbeast90 said:

When I started watching from episode 1 I was sure she killed someone she loved and  that's why she was roaming around restlessly to get peace now I'm starting to feel she killed Captain Firefly due to reasons out of her control!

It's more likely the firefly guard tried to stop her but ended up being killed by MW. Anyway what is nooi mean? According to translation it's sister, does the firefly guy just call her little sister?

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

the video scene of the room 13 ghost could have been a replay of the one being circulated before she died.. she could have been forced to be filmed for such explicit content by those cheap online sites. :huh: thats why she hates men.. those lustful ones.

Sadako Yamamura :joy:

* *she so powerful guest  :mrgreen:

GIFMaker.org_el3L0R.gif

5d406f77307df013126095.gif?download

• LOL 7

1 hour ago, wenlhy said:

It's more likely the firefly guard tried to stop her but ended up being killed by MW. Anyway what is nooi mean? According to translation it's sister, does the firefly guy just call her little sister?

You know how they call people noona/ oppa even if you are not related. Yeah he says that when referring to her but it does not get translated as such.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

13 hours ago, angelbeast90 said:

I feel both of these are a strong possibility. 

Remember Princess Bride and the old witch publicly haranguing Buttercup for betraying true love?  "Shame, shame!". My first  intuition was something like this might have happened. 

But based on my myth reading, it's possible she was tricked into shooting him from afar not knowing she was aiming at a head, in particular her lover's head.  So she killed him but not purposefully.  

The other thing I just though t of - as I mentioned before there is a huge theme of substitution going on between the women and between the men.  Is it possible MW is paying for the Princess of the past's sin? 

• Like 5

On 7/30/2019 at 12:03 AM, realistic2280a said:

I disagree when people writes that YJG looks young with IU...., if we all dont their their ages, im sure YJG is actually looks compatible with IU in characters.

Because YGJ is darker skin tone, he looks more mature than his age while IU looks fairer hence looks younger than her age :)

Not to mention his deep voice too. IU looks very young looking, so visually, to me, they're okay. If you actually don't know YJG's age, you would think he's not that young, coz that was the case to me.

On 7/30/2019 at 1:14 AM, sadthe1st said:

she started seeing souls and ghosts even before she became HDL owner.. there must have been a twist or something.. i think, MW could already have been dead since. just that her grief was so great she couldn’t leave.. (the same as how the hotel staff have the permission to stay in human world and hold a job). lets assume MW is already dead, the memories would have been nice ones except the final piece.. the last moment before she died, CS is here to help her recall and move on.. i’m of cos, guessing based on the blind lady incident. she remembered happy moments with the hand but its also until the last moment before death she needs to recall before moving on..

When you mentioned about that blind lady incident, I remembered I forgot to comment about that. The feeling without seeing. MY said the memories of the ghost can be scrambled. Floating around for so long makes them forget what's important. What if that was the case for MW as well? She's been around for a thousand years, pretty sure, along the way, her memories might have been muddled too. I can't even remember what I ate last week...lol..talk about a thousand years :P. You mentioning MW could have been dead since might make it plausible. So through CS, it will be revealed to us everything that happened in the past that probably MW's memories aren't all what it seems to be.

On 7/30/2019 at 2:37 AM, brielover said:

I was thinking about CS being the 49th manager.  I know in Buddhism it takes 49 days (thank you kdramas) for consciousness after death to travel from one life to another, so the use of 49 seems to be related.  Moreover, it kind of makes sense when she tells him he was the zero choice.  It makes me think he was the original way back in her past, and has now been reborn as 49th.  It does seem to hint he's been reincarnated finally, not after 49 days but after 49 lifetimes.

I also thought about that 49 days after death. However, someone already mentioned here that there was a mistranslation there, that it's supposed to be 99th and not 49th.

22 hours ago, 2handsintertwined said:

Omg! I love IU( Lee Ji Eun). I watched a lot of My Mister and Dream High, Scarlet Heart! I hope she's doing well in this. I also like Yeo Jin Goo's acting! I watched The Crowned Clown. He was in that, right? I wonder if everyone likes this drama. What do you think?

Yes, he was in TCC. Also watched that and totally love him there. Pretty sure a lot of people are currently enjoying this drama, including me :D.

17 hours ago, stroppyse said:

YJG is as lovely as he ever is, but truthfully, for this initial phase anyway, the sageuk portions are more interesting than his storyline. 

If this isn't Hotel del Luna, I would think that the sageuk part would make a very good standalone drama :).

• Like 6
  • Love 1