[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

No wonder the astronaut, cameo by Lee SiEon,  kicked ManWol in episode 3.

I found out that  Lee SiEon's first movie is "신라의 달밤" (Moonlight In Silla/Moonlit Night In Silla) and the official English title is "Kick The Moon". (ManWol's name means "Full Moon")

Speaking about Lee YiKyung (ep 6 cameo), his character name in his previous drama Eurachacha Waikiki is Lee JunKi ,  same name of the actor who also made a cameo in this drama. (actor Lee JunKi was IU's leading man in drama Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo and he's  also IU's close friend). Also, Lee YiKyung's character's job in his previous drama Eurachacha Waikiki is an actor which is also his character's job in this drama.

Speaking about Sulli, not only she's IU's close friend, she's also another cameo that has moon connections. (well sort of) 

She was a former member of girl group  f(x)  and one of the members is Luna (Moon in Spanish, Italian and Latin).

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

Actually, while most people like MW (I do too - I am a fan of IU), the strongest character in terms of appeal for me in the drama is KCS. So kudos to YGJ for doing a very good job of portraying this character. He's the mysterious blend of pure/innocent traits and his ability to empathize is what that makes him be able to do what is morally right and thus, his ability to help all the ghost. I think MW can see it despite her calling him a coward, she knows he really isn't. It takes a lot to care and intervene to help someone - especially strangers. KCS doesn't even do it as his job lol - he just does it automatically. That is why MW finally said, he may be able to send her off one day. Hopefully, they will go more into his back story of what he did while growing up solo a little bit more, which I am sure they will as they introduced his ex etc. I will be on the team rooting for that he is HIS own character and not a reincarnation of the past Capt. or YW. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Am i going crazy?

Do you guys see the extra hand between our CS and Room Service lady?? :scream: room service lady already has both her hands to herself. So whose hand is looped between our CS then??

Omigod.  You're right!  Has no one caught this before?  How creepy!

There is a photo I'll try to find a link to that they are likely riffing on, a historical picture of a bunch of people that appears to have an extra arm.  https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/news/a39164/spot-ghost-in-black-white-photo/

Does that hand look male or female lol!

And is that another hand on the floor?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 4

@brielover you are right! That is a hand on the floor! I never looked at it thoroughly until i saw that extra hand on CS. It even looks like that hand is supposed to belong to Room Service lady given the fact that its arm blends into hers. But then RS lady has her arms all to herself already. And then I thought to myself “is it intentional, a mistake, or am i going crazy?! :scream: I was so creeped out! 

Maybe it is just a photo error??? :astonished:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

59 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Am i going crazy?

Do you guys see the extra hand between our CS and Room Service lady?? :scream: room service lady already has both her hands to herself. So whose hand is looped between our CS then??

Could it be GCS's friend who come back for revenge? Coz I saw from GCS's introduction mentioned about friend's revenge. 

“I wanted to get to know you and this hotel.” 

Yeo Jin Goo as Goo Chan Seong

A super elite hotelier with an over-obsessive personality (OCD).

He is a successful, self-made man and he cannot hide his pride.

In order to succeed, he works really hard. Since he couldn't get over the fact that he got only 129 on his IQ test, he studied rally hard as if it was a TOEIC exam and ended up scoring 143 after 4 tries. he was not born talented but made himself a genius. He appears to be rational and brazen, but is deep down a man with a complex of not being a genius at birth. In fact, he's a pure-hearted man on the inside, easy to manipulate.

He has landed a position as the youngest assistant manager of a multinational hotel corporation, but due a foolish promise that was made between his dad and Jang Man Wol 30 years ago, he's transferred to  Hotel De Luna. In the end, the top hotelier, Goo Chan Seong end us being the manager at the shabby and old “Hotel de Luna".

Also, while working at the Hotel De Luna and experiencing interesting events... There comes an uninvited and unwelcome guest who Woo Chan Seong had missed. The closest friend he's ever killed.

"My friend now that you've killed me, are you happy by yourself now? His friend is back as revengeful spirit!

So do you guys think that creepy hand is his friend's hand? :blink: Just hope that is not Sanchez will do coz he is the only KCS's close friend/housemate. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

@Heidi Seow very interesting point. I do remember that description about CS and his friend. If the purpose is to let us theorize the the friend is clinging onto him then that hand makes sense. But the hand looks like a female..so could it be a girl friend? It cant be the ex girlfriend cuz she is still alive. 

@sadthe1st LOL!! Ghost 13 would definitely want to be part of the poster. She could be somewhere already lol! I don’t want to compare hands hahaha. Looks like we may have to do another feature studying :P

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

@uglypearl Very interesting connection amongst the cameos. That is why I was hoping Kim Soo Hyun does too since, you know, he was also in that drama The Moon Embracing the Sun....lol..besides YJG is in that drama also :D.

@vangsweetie637 @brielover ...ha ha ha...I thought you guys noticed that from the very beginning when they released the poster. That was the first I noticed, this is a ghost drama after all.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

2 minutes ago, Heidi Seow said:

@vangsweetie637 Well now we just in ep.6 so still hard to predict what will happen on ex girlfriend and Sanchez. Don't forget still got another female ghost - room 13 (also female) coz CS gonna be a bait to find the room 13 ghost. :crazy:

Thats very true. Maybe that hand was put there on purpose :scream: 

@lightbringer06 lol what? You knew about this? Lol. this is my first time seeing it. Now that i am discussing it, i feel better. When i first saw it last night, I literally got spooked! I thought i was going crazy lol. 

• LOL 5

28 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

lol what? You knew about this? Lol. this is my first time seeing it. Now that i am discussing it, i feel better. When i first saw it last night, I literally got spooked! I thought i was going crazy lol. 

..ha ha...yes. I think there was a bigger picture of it where you can see them better. Someone even pointed them out in circles, idk if it was here or not :D.

7 minutes ago, Ondine said:

Oh happy day! The making-of video is here! https://tv.naver.com/v/9338063

..looks like whatever comes out of YJG's mouth, it makes IU laugh..ha ha...

Edited by lightbringer06
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2

@lightbringer06 i must have missed it lol. But i think it is intentionally put there now because this one has it too:

1I3QAGHTSHND88PWHYA7_1024x0.jpg&key=6ee1

different pose but that hand is in the same position lol. Dang it..whose hands is that?! :joy:

41 minutes ago, Heidi Seow said:

@vangsweetie637 Or maybe like @lightbringer06 said this ghost drama and ghosts will try to attach CS since CS can see them like 1st time when the blind girl keep following him around :D 

Either that or i am going crazy which i am not because the other poster has it too LOL!!

• LOL 4

3 hours ago, stella77 said:

Actually, while most people like MW (I do too - I am a fan of IU), the strongest character in terms of appeal for me in the drama is KCS. So kudos to YGJ for doing a very good job of portraying this character. He's the mysterious blend of pure/innocent traits and his ability to empathize is what that makes him be able to do what is morally right and thus, his ability to help all the ghost. I think MW can see it despite her calling him a coward, she knows he really isn't. It takes a lot to care and intervene to help someone - especially strangers. KCS doesn't even do it as his job lol - he just does it automatically. That is why MW finally said, he may be able to send her off one day. Hopefully, they will go more into his back story of what he did while growing up solo a little bit more, which I am sure they will as they introduced his ex etc. I will be on the team rooting for that he is HIS own character and not a reincarnation of the past Capt. or YW. 

I'm often annoyed and/or bored by characters who are too pure and too good (haha) but Chansung doesn't annoy me. I like him a lot actually. :D I think part of it is the way he bickers with Man Wol; he can be "mean" to her (because she's way more "mean" to him) and that makes him less of a goody-two-shoes. In these past couple of episodes he seems to thoroughly enjoy riling her up and even bamboozling her to go with his plan for the ghost actor. :lol: But also of course it's YJG's acting skill and charisma that makes me find Chansung eminently likeable.

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

@vangsweetie637 @brielover ...ha ha ha...I thought you guys noticed that from the very beginning when they released the poster. That was the first I noticed, this is a ghost drama after all.

I didn't notice it myself when I first saw the poster, but then I saw people on Twitter pointing it out. My take is that it's not related to a plot point, it's just a detail that they added to make the poster more surprising and creepy. :D

• Like 4
  • Love 1

if they are not using the cute firefly guard face (if CS is the reincarnation of him) then the 2 hands would be the princess and YW (the closest friend he killed) :sweatingbullets: oops.. poor room 13 ghost isn’t getting a place here now.. i feel disappointed for her..

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

if they are not using the cute firefly guard face (if CS is the reincarnation of him) then the 2 hands would be the princess and YW (the closest friend he killed) :sweatingbullets: oops.. poor room 13 ghost isn’t getting a place here now.. i feel disappointed for her..

:lol:

All the theory can applied since HDL is still in process B)

For me the importance is how writer has had a concrete maps how all the plot intertwined and to end the story in nice logic way, the weight portion should  be in the mine story , the side story could go along just to give a viewers a hint how would be the mine plots endings, likewise the important parts to get audience engaged to story is next week eps.7 and 8 is crucial moment (my bad habits is left the drama after eps.7 or 8, because after that's episode usually no more interesting plot happened some got to overboard because to boost a ratings (to much kiss/skinship or unreasonable break between  the otp:sleeping:)some is went down to unbelievable cliche made me say ooh okey that'll we..go:rolleyes:)

i really wish this time Hong sisters would go all out to make unforgettable breakthrough twists, i don't mind is if actually Man Wol is Ghost itself,(look how she have so many un humans abilities, teleport, foresees futures and the past she such demi god)

maybe some of Soompier including you posting that's theory too:blush:

if the one who's guided Man Wol to found her sin in the past is CS, he is must be the new souls not the reincarnation one of the 2 guy from MW past. On another hands we have questions where is 2 guys spirits went away then?

It will be interesting to wait how that's puzzle been solved.

What in my mind now is just when CS is the one who will send off MW to after life it would be satisfied the one who's picked her up is The Firefly Captain :kiss_wink:

Or both of 2 guys from the past:glasses:(remind me the ending of Dong yi:grin: you know a kind ending made you felt between sad and happy, heartache but you keep smiling in tears )

unforgettable ending!

Dorky Queen of spending vs a Man of perspective :lol:

Talk about HDL we should aware how good the production team put an suitable an inspiring BGM in each scene, how the director use Moonlight sonata to opening the flashback scene felt grand and solemnly, and then going to a  march assemble when the bantering couples in war words it's witty refreshing thou B)(what the march they uses? anyone? I choose Beethoven virus when need argued to myself or with other, idk just so content to lift up the wars mood:lol: it's working well to put emotions become calm and collected 

IMG-20190730-184120.jpg

Poster here because i like her witted captions. My friend donkey  ...:P

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@lightbringer06 i must have missed it lol. But i think it is intentionally put there now because this one has it too:

different pose but that hand is in the same position lol. Dang it..whose hands is that?! :joy:

Either that or i am going crazy which i am not because the other poster has it too LOL!!

... probably just hands of a random person...LOL...Yeah, it is intentionally, I think. 

2 hours ago, Ondine said:

I didn't notice it myself when I first saw the poster, but then I saw people on Twitter pointing it out. My take is that it's not related to a plot point, it's just a detail that they added to make the poster more surprising and creepy. :D

Ha ha ha...then @vangsweetie637 and @brielover aren't just the only ones then. It kinda looks deceiving at first, esp. if you didn't pay much attention to it :D.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1