[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

I was initially thinking maybe MW did the entire bride switcheroo in the past to kill Captain.

Maybe Captain was spy and have been getting close to them in order to round up the entire group of bandits and its mastermind so that he can claim credit and ask for the Princess's hand? So YW sacrificed himself and saved her. But she decided to pretend to be the Princess on wedding day so that she can kill Captain Firefly. 

However she didn't look angry when CS brought up Captain though.

Ow my head.:lol:

Just watched the bts for 5 and 6; IU is laughing so much around YJG - it's so cute.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

@Yana Mujay i agree with your post! Right now we have so many possible theories that it is hard to tell which is accurate or not. For me, i also share the same concerns and thoughts. I really like a drama that doesn’t divert from its original plot and lose itself in loopholes and unanswerable questions that were stated from the very beginning. All these flashbacks and past stories even the individual ghost stories are just sidelines to the main original plot. I hope writers can continue to give us the best instead of losing it towards the end. I wouldn’t want that (as i have had my share of dramas that began well and ended worse). HDL is doing well in ratings and storyline so i am looking forward to seeing how everything continues to develop ;)

@Ondine @sadthe1st lol either that extra hand means something or nothing. It’s driving me crazy not knowing haha.

Talking about theories, a friend of mine and i were discussing and she happened to stumble across an interesting theory somewhere. Theory goes that perhaps the real traitor is warrior guy. He tricked them to get close to MWs gang and earn their trust then led them to their demise. MW and YW survives but YW ends up being killed by warrior guy. For warrior guy, he gets the princess hand in marriage which may explain the bridal scene of MW. She is seeking revenge. By the look of her eyes, she is enraged and the bridal gown does look royalty. I thought this was very interesting. 

As someone pointed out..was it you @lightbringer06 who discussed about memories being distorted? That’s a good point. MW herself did tell us that ghosts cling onto their memories and after many wanderings, become scatter. Ghosts also remember the way they die just like their memories. All this time..we think YW and warrior guy are the love of MW. But we never hear directly what warrior guy means to her. We only hear from her that YW was the one who loved her the most. These memories may actually belong to MW but she doesn’t necessarily remember it all accurately. She remembers what CS shows her. 

Just who is CS then? I am so curious about his identity. I hope he is neither YW or warrior guy. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Talking about theories, a friend of mine and i were discussing and she happened to stumble across an interesting theory somewhere. Theory goes that perhaps the real traitor is warrior guy. He tricked them to get close to MWs gang and earn their trust then led them to their demise. MW and YW survives but YW ends being killed by warrior guy. For warrior guy, he gets the princess hand in marriage which may explain the bridal scene of MW. She is seeking revenge. By the look of her eyes, she is enraged and the bridal gown does look royalty. I thought this was very interesting. 

As someone pointed out..was it you @lightbringer06 who discussed about memories being distorted? That’s a good point. MW herself did tell us that ghosts cling onto their memories and after many wanderings, become scatter. Ghosts also remember the way they die just like their memories. All this time..we think YW and warrior guy are the love of MW. But we never hear directly what warrior guy means to her. We only hear from her that YW was the one who loved her the most. These memories may actually belong to MW but she doesn’t necessarily remember it all accurately. She remembers what CS shows her. 

Just who is CS then? I am so curious about his identity. I hope he is neither YW or warrior guy. 

!! Oh boy I'm relieved that some also feel that Captain Firefly might not be what he seems!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, kaxx said:

!! Oh boy I'm relieved that some also feel that Captain Firefly might not be what he seems!

When my friend and i were discussing, the point of warrior guy being a baddie makes a lot of sense. If memories to a ghost can get scattered then at this point, we are just being given what the writers want us to see. When we see scenes like the ones we do, it provides a sweet, sad and romantic essence so we don’t often think that it can be a trick. However, every dialogue must have a meaning to it. There’s no reason MW would tell us about memories and the difference between ghosts if it wasn’t hinting at something bigger. In this case, it could be that perhaps it was not MW who had wronged someone. Someone or something must have wronged her so greatly that she snapped and went off the edge. Plus, now that I think of it, she was fighting the soldiers alone and without her gang in the beginning. Now why is that? We easily see that YW and MW are willing to come back and rescue each other. But just how did warrior guy rescue YW from the clutches of his own soldiers in another scene? He is the boss. Surely he wouldn’t risk his position for a thief. Something is surely off here :ph34r:

Edit:

Btw, is it true that Nam Da Reum will be appearing as a cameo? I couldn’t paste the link here directly! I love him! 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

When my friend and i were discussing, the point of warrior guy being a baddie makes a lot of sense. If memories to a ghost can get scattered then at this point, we are just being given what the writers want us to see. When we see scenes like the ones we do, it provides a sweet, sad and romantic essence so we don’t often think that it can be a trick. However, every dialogue must have a meaning to it. There’s no reason MW would tell us about memories and the difference between ghosts if it wasn’t hinting at something bigger. In this case, it could be that perhaps it was not MW who had wronged someone. Someone or something must have wronged her so greatly that she snapped and went off the edge. Plus, now that I think of it, she was fighting the soldiers alone and without her gang in the beginning. Now why is that? We easily see that YW and MW are willing to come back and rescue each other. But just how did warrior guy rescue YW from the clutches of his own soldiers in another scene? He is the boss. Surely he wouldn’t risk his position for a thief. Something is surely off here :ph34r:

The chinese saying "放长线钓大鱼", literally "lengthen the fishing line to catch the bigger fish" comes to mind IF the theory is true.

I saw someone posted a confused expression on my post - actually I'm confused too! LOL :P just that at this point of the show, the bride scene really made me wonder if this theory is applicable. 

I read the first page of this forum, CS profile, he has a friend who returns as a vengeful spirit..? could it be you Cap?!

Oh well lets "theory" away while we wait for this week's eps!

P.s.Captain Firefly is suave though. Quite the charmer isn't he? Heeeee.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

@Yana Mujay Agreed with your post too. Normally after first half of the drama, the leads will have big change, like a girl get a love confession, or someone reveals a secret to the lead or the lead gets cancer symptom (typical K-drama :sweat_smile:). I do interested in the ghosts' stories but if it continues to just hang in like this, maybe I watch the drama later after it done broadcast. Anyway in preview ep 7 MW said CS will get to know her terrible side too so I hope something crucial related to MW will be revealed this week.

Another thing, I think CEO MW is too addicted to Instagram, surely a netizen :joy:

• LOL 10

1 hour ago, kaxx said:

Since the flashback is still in a piece by pieces  What i can collect is they met purely by accident no orchestrate and there's a feelings of interest between them in the first sights, how come meeting someone by accident made him suddenly become a spy and becomes a bad guys when that's Man is in fact a decent guys?

Surely it's against the logic thou.

when the Captain firefly  is the black lamb to sacrifice in the story.

Recall one to ten to rewacth but I can't find any clue in their short conversation scenes could made him should be a bad guy ?

What i found is He is the Man who's in duty to guards a lady..meet a bandit gangs tried to catch the boss who's  he found he actually She of course he surprised and her charmed made him lost guard(ironic he is a "guard" right :sweat_smile:) knock down by the beautiful bandits is rather a hype him up made him wants to knew she even give her nick name NUI..get kicked again but save her in time another flashback drawn us to see him save her and the Man who's love her the most...then tree of them in two happy moments and the worst brides room scene but we see him again came made promise to always make her happy...

Oh..alright..I can't found why he should be a sacrifice lambs:rolleyes:

On the side note, even a poor writers no way to messed up her/his gifted  decent background character become a low lowest humans without solid incidents as far we watching couldn't found a bit.

IMG-20190730-184345.jpg

• Like 8

She told him to get lost while drinking-- Captain Smirk. But why do I feel that this was a few days later after they charmed each other and started to meet each other in secret. Also he is not in full armour I assume while he came to find her in that drinking sea of fireflies. Coz he seems to be more familiar with her with the way the conversation was going.  But I just want to figure out why she killed him . LOL

https://twitter.com/soompi/status/1156447780446957568?s=20

• Like 4
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

As someone pointed out..was it you @lightbringer06 who discussed about memories being distorted? That’s a good point. MW herself did tell us that ghosts cling onto their memories and after many wanderings, become scatter. Ghosts also remember the way they die just like their memories. All this time..we think YW and warrior guy are the love of MW. But we never hear directly what warrior guy means to her. We only hear from her that YW was the one who loved her the most. These memories may actually belong to MW but she doesn’t necessarily remember it all accurately. She remembers what CS shows her

Yup, it was me :D. I commented on someone's post here because I was reminded of that blind lady incident, I had that in mind way back when I watched the episode but it slipped my mind. And the one I highlighted in green, that is exactly my sentiment. She never really said anything (yet) about what she truly feels about the Captain, so we are left puzzled about her true feelings. And if Captain really turns out to be a baddie towards her, like @kaxx said, MW should've at least showed her rage when CS told her. But then again, that's where my theory comes in, that probably she remember the memories as she claimed them to be, but what if they're selective on her part? That she deliberately chooses to remember who/what she wants to remember. A plot twist would be really good for this drama...ha ha..I'd really love that.

And yes, Nam Da Reum will be making a special appearance...I wonder if he'll be another younger version of a character again..ha ha..he always portray those types anyways :P

...full article here....https://www.soompi.com/article/1342435wpp/nam-da-reum-to-reportedly-make-special-appearance-in-hotel-del-luna

Edited by lightbringer06
  • Like 8

41 minutes ago, Yana Mujay said:

made him lost guard(ironic he is a "guard" right :sweat_smile:

:lol: the guard lost his guard.. hahahahaa!!

Yeah I also think it's possible that maybe YW and Captain BOTH died to save MW and the Princess was married off to another Prince/Nobleman. 

Then she went to kill that Prince/Nobleman instead as a way to avenge their deaths.

22 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

she deliberately chooses to remember who/what she wants to remember

Only remembering the good times eh? That would be an interesting plot twist!

I'm just having fun here! LOL! I truly hope Hong Sisters keep the plot going strong! 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Congratulations 

Even  Captain firefly get recognition for his stellar scene performance :astonished:

Jieunie cutest pose:wub:

The one who don't knew her must think She just 15 years old girl;)

IMG-20190730-184134.jpg

IMG-20190730-105530.jpg

Spoiler

IMG-20190728-201757.jpg

Lee Jieun acting way to good, these scenes how she and the two staff realize they get fooled by their own foolishness is shameless Fun:grin:...

And then when met CS on the corridor to cover up her foolishness MW rapping 250km/hour made me bursts out in to laughter...Wow..IU there..:lol: clap..clap..clap.

Left cs wonder "since when she treats costumers as king"?...lol...

And the rapper MW gave it brief look of disdain and ambled away, without looking back:P

Actress Lee Jieun Well done

You're ready to took any roles anytime.:thumbsup:

• Like 7

8 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Am i going crazy?

Do you guys see the extra hand between our CS and Room Service lady?? :scream: room service lady already has both her hands to herself. So whose hand is looped between our CS then??

:thumbsup: I see that you haven’t put down your zooming gear :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

6 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@brielover you are right! That is a hand on the floor! I never looked at it thoroughly until i saw that extra hand on CS. It even looks like that hand is supposed to belong to Room Service lady given the fact that its arm blends into hers. But then RS lady has her arms all to herself already. And then I thought to myself “is it intentional, a mistake, or am i going crazy?! :scream: I was so creeped out! 

Maybe it is just a photo error??? :astonished:

I'd never even seen the full poster before but even if I had I'm not very observant so doubt I'd notice a spare hand!  Very clever.  It makes me like this show even more, if that's possible!

did you check out that link I sent you?  Now THAT really creeped me out though I don't believe in ghosts.  There was no Photoshop back then!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

as much as we discussed the excitement and possibilities of the plot progress, i get slightly worried on how the Hong sisters are going to tie up the loose ends towards the ending might become a disappointment :sweatingbullets:  i’m still agonised by the horrible disappointment with A Korean Odyssey.. we are 10 episodes away.. throw in a few more to help the hotel staffs with their worldly matters before heading to afterlife.. some love hate relationship between MW and CS.. we are almost left with not much time!!!

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

55 minutes ago, kaxx said:

Only remembering the good times eh? That would be an interesting plot twist!

I'm just having fun here! LOL! I truly hope Hong Sisters keep the plot going strong! 

Dang right~! :D I just don't want this to become one of those typical Kdramas out there...ha ha..I want it to be as unpredictable and thrilling as it could be. So yeah, let's all hope Hong Sisters will live up to it. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

10 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

as much as we discussed the excitement and possibilities of the plot progress, i get slightly worried on how the Hong sisters are going to tie up the loose ends towards the ending might become a disappointment :sweatingbullets:  i’m still agonised by the horrible disappointment with A Korean Odyssey.. we are 10 episodes away.. throw in a few more to help the hotel staffs with their worldly matters before heading to afterlife.. some love hate relationship between MW and CS.. we are almost left with not much time!!!

I was posting with some negativity - just a bit - during the first four episodes for that very reason.  I wasn't that keen on the chemistry, and I felt there were uneven scenes as well, and it all seemed a little familiar to KO.  But I'm not worried since 5 and 6 came out.  I can feel the chemistry now.  The direction suddenly feels much more self-assured.  And the story telling and pacing are much better than K.O.  By this point in K.O. I was considering dropping it.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1