[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

Hmm I may be alone but I am not sure if CS needs to be tied to MW’s past. It would be too ‘neat’ and forced if this was a twist. I rather a good plot twist on how they can be happy together without both dying and having to reborn etc. etc. 

Lovely poem fro YJG! I love that the entire cast seems so into this show and it makes it more fun for us fans. 

• Like 10
  • Love 3

49 minutes ago, berny2 said:

This is the first time that I got to know an actor who also write poetry...

He's not majoring in Literature but in an interview before for TCC with LSY, he mentioned that one of his interests is writing poems, and although it's not turning out well, he still wants to do it and is amazed by people who can quickly write. I HOPE THIS MEANS HE'S AMAZED BY IU BECAUSE SHE CAN WRITE GOOD LYRICS. :wub:

https://thetalkingcupboard.com/2019/01/27/lee-se-young-and-yeo-jin-goo-cosmopolitan-january-2019-interview/

In the Interview: 

Then, other than actors, do you have other people you admire?

YJG: These days…umm…the poets…I have never thought about it before…

Yeo Jin-goo, male, 22-year old bachelor who enjoys solitude and poems. 

YJG: Hahaha. There are moments when I have the thought of leaving the feelings and thoughts I had in the form of words, but it is not that easy for me. When I try to express my feelings in the form of words, somehow it turns into a weird feeling. Maybe one day I will lose my balance and submits myself to those weird words…That’s why, sometimes I really envy the writers when I read a good phrase or a poem, no matter how short it is. I thought, “Is this person born with it?”

29 minutes ago, aria26 said:

The horse would be a more compelling candidate because he should be a present point of view in the dreams :D

LOL If he's the horse, then he must have been really bad in his previous lives? 

15 minutes ago, stella77 said:

Hmm I may be alone but I am not sure if CS needs to be tied to MW’s past. It would be too ‘neat’ and forced if this was a twist. I rather a good plot twist on how they can be happy together without both dying and having to reborn etc. etc. 

Same. It's just too late to add a twist like that, I think, unless it totally makes sense and is creative (not something that just came out of nowhere), then maybe.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

Yes well...we shouldnt think so much on CS's connection to MW's past... let them have a good future without a past of who owes who...

KsH's apparence bode well for ManChang couple.. coz as the majority hope him being the new hotel manager... so ManChan can live their lives to their fullest..... but usually cameo appearence being soooooo short, so maybe not the new manager....

Cant wait for the next episodes but feel sad for the ending..no more updates on fullmoon.long IG or going crazy reading and checking this thread... sigh

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

Such a beautiful poet that YJG wrote.. He so immersed in CS character that i felt he can put down word by word on how CS felt right now.. The most memorable line is when he said its not like walking around in short space of time, the word you is engraved deep in my heart . really hit my heart  I think this line represent perfectly how CS and MW relationship. Even if their time is short but the love that CS felt toward MW is the purest of all.. He wilingly take the burden loving MW even if he knew he will have to let MW go and left him alone.. CS can even give his life to MW if she wanted as long as she will be safe.. A selfless and unconditional love that CS have toward MW is the one that MW choose at the end to go back too even if their time is short.. Both of them keep choosing each other even if they will suffer at the end.. Such a beautiful and heartbreaking love yet so endearing..

This tweet describe perfectly how CS is the ONE for MW...

cr @taeseyebrows

• Like 9
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, Ondine said:

Yeah, I feel like that wasn't a throwaway line. Or at least it would be cool if it wasn't. :) I read a comment on Dramabeans theorizing that Chansung might be the person who saved little Man Wol in the wilderness and turned her over to Yeon Woo's mom. That would work for me. :D

Yeah, as long as the twist perfectly fits with the story, no complaints there. I really don't mind whether he has a connection to MW or not :D.

3 hours ago, Ondine said:

And Yeo Jin Goo will be going to Singapore to promote HDL, date and other specifics to be announced.

Ohh...why YJG only. IU should go with him. Usually, it's the couple of the drama who usually goes and promotes...hmmm...I wanna see them interact more offcam :P

1 hour ago, realistic2280a said:

KsH's apparence bode well for ManChang couple.. coz as the majority hope him being the new hotel manager... so ManChan can live their lives to their fullest..... but usually cameo appearence being soooooo short, so maybe not the new manager....

Well, hopefully they can lengthen his appearance because they really made sure he's the final cameo, so I think that's quite special. I mean, why not made him cameo the first time he visited them, or did he film his part at that time already? I just miss Kim Soo Hyun, hope he comes back with a drama soon. And hopefully his character gets to interact with both IU and YJG :D.

2 hours ago, aria26 said:

I was reading this review: http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/08/29/hotel-del-luna-ep-14-highlights/

I was amused by the frustration with MaGo's vagueness and made me remember how I love how the gods operate in this drama. "God does not give you a burden you cannot bear" is a common saying, used to uplift someone who is down, but it could also be interpreted negatively, like, why does he give you burden at all? How can he expect you to do good when he sends one bad thing after another. And I just see it here. The drama shows that the gods are irrational/unfair. I again remember ghost #13, at the end of that arc, the alive sister watches the news of the video uploader's death and sighs that the gods must really exist, thinking that her sister got some sort of justice... but without knowing that the soul of the sister was actually extinguished. Also, no matter how unfair MaGo1 seem to be this episode, we must also remember that she brought CS to MW. She engineered that, and that is a huge bias FOR MW compared to what is done for the rest of humanity, I think.

As a person of faith myself, I always question that myself...haha...how god or, in this case, gods really operate. Sometimes you do understand it and sometimes you don't. But that's the point of it, you doubt to believe.

But I love that I somehow do understand their interference in MW's life, I think she needed that because that was a turning point in her life. If they didn't, I wonder where her soul might be wandering around. "Everything happens for a reason" literally applies to this as well. If MW didn't live for 1300 years, would she be able to love again in the form of CS, and would she finally learn to let go of her resentment? And the thing is that the MaGos, well, esp. MaGo 1 kinda favors her, so yeah, she's quite lucky in that one...HAHA. :D

• Like 8
  • Love 3

Aaaack... tomorrow the finale begins. Please give us a good ending. YJG’s poem worries me :sweatingbullets:

Now we need to remain calm and imagine MW coming back to the hotel with CS at the bar like this.... B)

41ABCF18-9568-4F9B-B604-D7B3ACE4B046.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4