[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

30 minutes ago, diane90 said:

For me, CM did nothing wong, he did his job, he recieved orders to control rebels and MW was a rebel

with her troop ! I like IU's acting in this drama but I don't like MW !

People say... she is like Goblin female version .. I don't agree !

Kim Shin ( Goblin) killed many people not bc he wanted but bc he received the King's orders !

even he killed ennemies to protect his country but as God said " everyone are chidren of God"

many people prayed of God to save Kim Shin but God punished him finally !

It's different for MW.. she killed people for stealing, for her greed; she wanted killing 

she didn't recieve orders, she was the chief; it's MW who gave orders to kill !

So if CM arrested MW and her troops ... a captain arrested rebels........it's normal !

In the present CM is Police and MW is gangster ( before she stole living people"s money

and now she steals from the deaths....you see, even CS doesn't like the way she takes money

from the death)

Honestly, over 1 thousand years, she doesn't change at all her characters.... cruel, evil 

sorry, I said about MW not IU... hope you'll understand)

I don't know who loves who more... CM acceped to become a firefly more than 1 thousand years

while he could go to the after life, just to stay beside the one he loved......I'm very touched !

Btw, in all Hong sister's dramas; the second male lead are always the GOOD guys but

as always ...girls love the bad guys hahahaha !

I think MW never killed anyone until her people died and she goes crazy to kill whoever, as for the thief part it's bad but considering the status in the past, people were never being treated fairly, some people were born as princess and have power and money, some are slave, and I think MW are few that is brave enough to lead a thief/rebels group. Like Hong Gil Dong, he is known as hero although he is a thief.

But I do think the captain didn't actually do something bad, it's just his situation is really bad. He wanted to join MW as rebels, but he got busted so he has to choose between kill all of his followers (who never know anything) or YW's people (who really steal something) and promised won't die and live like a traitor until MW survive. I also believed he married the princess knowing MW will use this chance to revenge. And he is so happy when he saw MW on the wedding dress T.T

I always wonder what will happen if MW agree to elope with him the night he asked, maybe all of this won't end so cruel.

As for MW moving on with CS, I have always question, DOES OUR FEELING CHANGE? OR WE ACTUALLY NEVER LOVED THEM?

Perhaps the bridge scene is necessary so MW can erase all CM memories so she can fully love CS.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, aria26 said:

I also have a confession to make, MR is turning out to be my favorite character. She would be totally irritating in real life, mooching off her friends, not paying back money, stealing their melons and invading their houses, and I would hate her as a female lead, but she's a fun side character. Like karma is trying to pull her down by getting her into bad situations but she just takes them all in stride. Couldn't get perfect Chan Seung back, no problem, she just moves on to the next guy who'll put up with her. I don't think it is even from her princess life, she did not act entitled during that liferime. If she were dead, MaGo #4 would be frustrated with her.

Hmmm, thinking about it, she is usual hong sisters second female lead (selfish, self-centered, user - the same character trope that made my blood boil in the previous dramas). Why do I like her here?

Yes, MR is also my fav. character. I liked her elegance as a princess.

She was always gentle about CM.

She looked so beautiful when she sat in the bridal room, uttering ''Chungmyung'' quietly.

She is a real modern girl in the present. I like it.

The scenes between YS and MR are like, to put it poetically, a breath of fresh sea breeze. :D:wub:

• Like 5

A Most Favorite Scene

In all episodes, that moment of CS and MW, when she sit beside him and laid her head on his shoulder-- is the sweetest for me.

In most Kdrama, the male lead would just sit there still and let the girl lean on him... but CS reached out, and held her small hand in his. No need for words, she is close to him. Love is spoken even in this quiet moments. :heart:

• Like 7
  • Love 6

Aww episode 14 broke my jeart a little bit poor CS. I am glad that soul swap was for a little bit only, because CS in no way should have to give up his body he isnt responsible for the mess. I hope MW comes back soon i also hope she doesn't get a personality transplant after coming back from the bridge. I am glad that CM arc was wrapped up nicely although I still dont get him but i do feel sorry for him that he had such bad judgement. I also hope for being a firefly for 1300 years he gets a good life next time. Also I dont want him to be reincarnated as MW's son cause thats weird.  After the end of this arc i dont think MW and CM had some epic tragic love story what they had was attraction because they were so different from each other but they didnt get to know each other enough because if they knew each other their story wouldnt have been a mess. Also i dont agree with people saying he was doing his duty because if he was that dutiful he wouldnt be hanging out with thieves or rebels drinking with them flirting with one of them letting them do whatever until he was asked to do his job. He knew who they were he chased them after they ran away with the princess's bag. If he was doing his duty he should have punished all including MW. He could have planned so that they could run away by staging a fake rescue option when he was talking with YW  he could have smuggled him a knife or left his prison door open i still dont think killing her people was the only option. Also does anyone know why he had to marry the princess  i still dont know that i mean they would need her dads permission and all they couldnt marry on a whim even if she liked him i know that from other historical dramas. Perhaps they were already engaged. I think CM was just a  young and inexperienced newly made captain who couldnt handle the situation well. I would really feel sorry for him if we find out that everything needed to happen that wau so CS and MW could meet. I also think its one of the few dramas that have highlighted that intense attraction does not lead to strong relationship you need more than that.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 5

Ok.. just finish ep 14 

1. Yes, CM did save CS, so i guess MW should be grateful to CM for saving him, or else MW would not be able to see CS anymore...

2. CM - so he did try to rebel againt the Princess's father but he was caught. To save himself and his people, he captured MW's people as scapegoats ... he should just run away with MW and his&her team, why would he sacrificed MW's people and then kill himself?... would MW have survived the killings if she was sparred? That would plot a different drama, sigh...

3. So MW did think that CS was CM's reincarnation hence since she cant killed him herself, so she asked SJW to do it...

4. Sigh, as many has commented, skinship CS and MW, skinship... more of it pleaseeeeee.... why is it so difficult to hug... even when MW was going into the tunnel... sigh (i still think YJG is the shy one, him being the junior actor, as for IU, im sure she would be fine, haha)

5. CM at the bridge.... sigh, keep telling you its the end of yours and MW's relationship but why do u still expect and hope? You have seen how MW like CS so much (hence you saved CS from the tunnel), so you literally have no chance with MW anymore.

6. Im so curious how did Mr Kim died, the top scholar of his century.... 

7. Shanchez, yes, how come others are hung up on bellboy's acting but not Sanchez's?... leave the bellboy alone :D

8. Wish for more skinships in the next and final episodes! Pls post IG on fullmoon long, petition on it, hahha

• Like 6
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, laola said:

I also think its one of the few dramas that have highlighted that intense attraction does not lead to strong relationship you need more than that.

Everything is very much on point but I love this bit.

Yes, attraction is one thing, a long term relationship is entirely another.

And the show spelled that out quite clearly, even if not everyone seems to get it.

The mature relationship between MW and CS is the best bit of the show for me.

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, diane90 said:

For me, CM did nothing wong, he did his job, he recieved orders to control rebels and MW was a rebel

with her troop ! I like IU's acting in this drama but I don't like MW !

People say... she is like Goblin female version .. I don't agree !

Kim Shin ( Goblin) killed many people not bc he wanted but bc he received the King's orders !

even he killed ennemies to protect his country but as God said " everyone are chidren of God"

many people prayed of God to save Kim Shin but God punished him finally !

It's different for MW.. she killed people for stealing, for her greed; she wanted killing 

she didn't recieve orders, she was the chief; it's MW who gave orders to kill !

So if CM arrested MW and her troops ... a captain arrested rebels........it's normal !

In the present CM is Police and MW is gangster ( before she stole living people"s money

and now she steals from the deaths....you see, even CS doesn't like the way she takes money

from the death)

Honestly, over 1 thousand years, she doesn't change at all her characters.... cruel, evil 

sorry, I said about MW not IU... hope you'll understand)

I don't know who loves who more... CM acceped to become a firefly more than 1 thousand years

while he could go to the after life, just to stay beside the one he loved......I'm very touched !

Btw, in all Hong sister's dramas; the second male lead are always the GOOD guys but

I also agree with @wenlhy. We were never shown that MW killed people prior to the tragic incident. Yes, we saw how defensive she gets if her people are threatened (such as her shooting an arrow to kill in order to protect YW) but considering that YW was her most cherished person, of course she will protect him at all cost. But we never saw her kill anyone because of her thief status. Plus, she and her group weren’t exactly rebels since they only stole from peddlers and merchants but it was explained that the Princess’s dad would label even such actions as rebellion due to fear of a coup. Hence, MW and her group were labeled as rebels although it is also clear that MW and her gang were already thinking of joining the rebels. 

Sorry. I disagree on the statement that MW has not changed at all (character). To me, she is the one who has changed the most. We see her as cruel and evil but other characters were more evil than her (ghosts of the hotel that had unfinished business and serial killer) but gradually we see her change into a softer person. Yes she held onto her grudge but it is a 1300 rage. It is understandable. And from the fact that decisions were made for her (CM and YW) of course she will feel betrayed. But as CS came, we begin to see her character change. From being evil and cruel to being understanding and even humane again. She begins to think of what she does and how others feel through CS’s guidance. We see all this in episodes. I wouldn’t condemn her love for money as gangster. Don’t we all love to be rich and have money? It doesn’t make us gangsters. She loves money because 1) the hotel needs it and 2) she has always known the side of poverty and desperation. She was a bandit so it is safe to say she must been no better off than low citizens of her Goryeo time. MW is not anything like Kim Shim from Goblin. Both are different in characterization and both suffered differently. Can’t compare either without looking at the background/status. 

As for CM, I don’t blame him but I don’t favor him either. I understand he did his duty as a general and to protect his own people. But in order to protect his own people, he also had to kill another group of people. He killed himself for his guilt of having to kill YW physically and MW mentally. He was binded by his promise to YW and MW and stayed as a firefly. I am saddened he remained in that state but between him and MW, the purpose was to resolve the true resentment. We can see CM loves MW (he still shows it after 1300 years) but it is obvious MW stopped loving him. To me, MW loves CS more especially because even she herself admits it. The ties between MW and CM died the day YW died. CM’s conclusion at the end of episode 14 is the proper closure. 

I also didnt understand your last statement. Hong Sisters have written some very detestable second male leads and then some who are very adorable and loved. But not all the girls loved the baddies. 

1 hour ago, berny2 said:

A Most Favorite Scene

In all episodes, that moment of CS and MW, when she sit beside him and laid her head on his shoulder-- is the sweetest for me.

In most Kdrama, the male lead would just sit there still and let the girl lean on him... but CS reached out, and held her small hand in his. No need for words, she is close to him. Love is spoken even in this quiet moments. :heart:

I agree! I felt so touched by this scene that my heart even fluttered! :wub:

• Like 8
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I also didnt understand your last statement. Hong Sisters have written some very detestable second male leads and then some who are very adorable and loved. But not all the girls loved the baddies. 

2 hours ago, diane90 said:

I also don't understand the last statement by our chingu here. CS is not even a bad guy. :blink:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, diane90 said:

I am taking personal offense in you implying that CS is a bad guy :p hehe joke but it is half meant

(ps most 2nd leads in hong sister dramas are not good guys, they are pathetic losers who still hang around the female lead even if it is obvious she doesnt like them)

3 hours ago, wenlhy said:

As for MW moving on with CS, I have always question, DOES OUR FEELING CHANGE? OR WE ACTUALLY NEVER LOVED THEM

Feelings change my dear... 

But in MW case, I would incline with it was puppy love (cute but also exciting, forbidden), then it bites her in the richard simmons in the most horrible way possible

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

22 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Sorry. I disagree on the statement that MW has not changed at all (character). To me, she is the one who has changed the most.

I agree. Seeing how heavily the story revolves around her, as a viewer even I feel that she has been slowly changing.

The parts that made me certain?

When she apologised to Sanchez.

And the way she apologised to him.

When she brought incense to protect him.

Also when she confessed to CS about the possibility that evil spirit might try to get MR.

I also feel that MW is an incredibly stubborn being. Who can blame her, she's been around for 1300 years, but still, INCREDIBLY STUBBORN.

Even in ep 14 when she suspected that CS could have been CM and instead asked the evil meanie to kill him for her. She just wanted to hold that deep seated grievance and see it to the end. It felt like a case of "This is what I have been waiting to do. And if I can't do it, I'll get someone to do it. If this doesn't end it then never mind, f it I can just disappear. Either way, I do not want to be associated with CM/CS (if it's the same person) anymore. This has to end. In ANY way. As long as it ends." 

And I feel pretty bad for Captain Firefly. You could say he was very much a man who was bound to circumstances. You could also say from another pov that he didn't really dare to break out and join MW and YW at all. YW basically just called him out and told him to stop with all his excuses.

But was he not a nice man? He wasn't really bad. They had good moments together as well.

I'm not sure whether Hong Sisters will touch on how CS came into play in the past. My husband's theory is that perhaps MW was supposed to be with CS AFTER moving on from CM, but she didn't. So after so many cycles of life, MG brought him directly to MW instead. 

When it comes to CS, boy am I glad that MW flowers are not exactly all wilted. @brielover your golden borough theory is in effect! 

The falling petals reminds me of Beauty and the Beast while the hairpin in ep 14 reminds me of The Little Mermaid, for some reason.

Hope that the last of the flowers wilt only when CS life ends. And they leave together instead. No reincarnation needed please. This show is about being here in the now and present. Don't live in the past. Don't hold onto anything when you move to the afterlife either. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Just finish episode 14 with sub. The whole episode was a test to ManChan. How much they love each other. CS ready to die for MW & MW unable to kill CS, although she thought CS might be CM. Their love is the greatest ever. You don't have to spend 1000 years if you love a person for the right reason. Love that can bring you to be a better person.

For general smirkalot, I'm good with the closure that writer nim gave us. The cliche storyline which I do not favor. The only comment is, he was with her from day 1 and he supposed to know MW loves CS now. I do not understand why he still wants MW to go to the afterlife with him. Isn't it a selfish act? 

Lastly, I love YJG & IU so much.

My baby makes me fluttered every time CS with MW. That unspoken moment that they had so far. And can he cry again for the next episode? He looked so heartbroken, but so beautiful! Not to forget when CM inside CS, even just a moment. 
Now I'm waiting how writer nim wants to conclude the story. 

This is me for the next few days...

EC04x2CXsAABEof?format=jpg&name=small

Happy ending???

EC59BH-UUAANqxA?format=jpg&name=large

or...................

EC1Q1okUUAAHayJ?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 8
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, kaxx said:

I'm not sure whether Hong Sisters will touch on how CS came into play in the past. My husband's theory is that perhaps MW was supposed to be with CS AFTER moving on from CM, but she didn't. So after so many cycles of life, MG brought him directly to MW instead. 

Oooh, I like that. A series of heartbreaking montages of CS through different eras, also waiting for someone who never came... but not pathetically sad, just not being able to connect with someone romantically. Always single, donating all his good fortune to charity that's why he has such good karma, long lifeline, lots of wealth to come this lifeline. It would be nice if he met the the 3 hotel staff too during their lifetimes, giving them kindness before they pass away, though his face did not stick in their memory. My imagination running away...

• Like 7
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, laura_waterhouse said:

A series of heartbreaking montages of CS through different eras, also waiting for someone who never came... but not pathetically sad, just not being able to connect with someone romantically.

Oh noooooooo the amount of tears we are all gonna shed!!!!!! :joy:

Good pain people, good pain. Then finally meeting MW this life. 

I do hope this is the real theory behind CS existence. For now we can only imagine.

• Like 5
  • Love 1