[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

4 hours ago, annamchoi said:

Hopefully, ep 15 preview will be release soon!! the waiting's killing me ...

Me, too. I'm constantly like checking every 2 to 3 hours on TVN youtube or instagram, anywhere I can to see if there's a preview. 

I have a feeling they won't release it until like thursday on purpose since it's the final episodes.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

39 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

Me, too. I'm constantly like checking every 2 to 3 hours on TVN youtube or instagram, anywhere I can to see if there's a preview. 

I have a feeling they won't release it until like thursday on purpose since it's the final episodes.

Or worse, they don’t release it until Friday! They want us to keep on suffering for the long week! 

@Ameera Ali

giphy.gif

the thirst better be quenched...soon!! :joy::joy:

1 hour ago, wenlhy said:

To be honest, I can see why people favoring CM, his love story with MW is more DRAMATIC (this is why people watch drama), heart breaking and the most heart fluttering moment is right before people start dating, People are curious how will they face obstacles such as status and duty, what happened in the past and what makes MW become evil.

CS and MW love story is COMMON it happened in REAL LIFE, less drama, more REALISTIC, unconditional, comfortable, spending time with each other and fall in love. But I never knew when CS and MW acknowledge loved each other, they gave me impression they are going to deny they loved each other and still teasing each other then one day they just confessed their love without any hesitation, which is surprising and I honestly felt awkward and cringe a lot when they confessed their love.

People already know they are going to date anyway. And I never worried it will have sad ending since the beginning, because they give off romcom vibe that's rarely have sad ending base on my experience:grimace:

I'm not saying CS and MW don't have chemistry, their story are made less dramatic and focus more on the ghost story instead of their love story, it's normal some people feel pity for CM because of their situation. And CS crying on ep 14 makes my heartache, I can really feel he is so lonely without MW.

Hmm. Now I don’t agree that CM’s story is more dramatic. It is actually quite common too. For a saeguk version, it is actually quite common. A love story that dies tragically due to the duties of one’s status. But I do agree that his character made us want to understand MW more and her grudge. The love for him? Why did she hate him so much suddenly? All those are common questions that we had because we were shown a love story between a time when status quo and royal allegiance was everything. It is quite a common ground for a love story. 

While CS and MW may have developed a common love, I wouldn’t exactly say it was any less dramatic than CM’s. Both are men who loves MW in their own way. Both are men who made their own decisions when it came to MW. And both are realistic in their own terms. It is fine for a man in Goryeo time to love a woman. It is fine for a modern man to love a woman in modern times. One story is of the past and one is of the present. One may feel CM love is better because he made a bigger sacrifice (firefly for 1300 years, no reincarnation, suicide due to guilt..) but those are assets that contributed to a love that happened and then became lost in time. Even after 1300 years, viewers may still feel the love CM had for MW. But i think for me, that is just it. I felt CM loved MW more than she loved him. It wasn’t much of a same level love. Especially after YW was killed and MW never knew the real truth. I mean, i would think MW would understand CM if she loved him truly. To me, it just wasn’t as deep. 

But the love between CS and MW is deep, even in ways that we cannot see directly. It is in their everyday accompany and gestures, their everyday spent together and experiences. They came to know each other individually and then together. For me, this love is unique to them both. I actually like it that they deny and then confessed. It is not like they did it out of the blue or randomly. It was built up. I like the sweetness of it :D their love story is not based more on the ghost story. The ghost story is simply a background. Their story is based on their path to loving each other despite all the differences of living and dying. This is also why the scene of CS crying for MW was so heartfelt. His love for her is indeed real. Just as real as the one CM gave, too.

i have seen rom com that have sad endings so my worry for the ending of this couple is present. Hong Sisters have been known for sad endings so I wouldn’t let my belt loose yet until the happy ending is confirmed. I need a happy ending please lol.

I agree. It is normal to feel pity for CM. Even i felt sad for his state of spirit. But that doesn’t mean CS is any less than he was, too. 

• Like 8
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2

@berny2 was it you who asked when did CS first realized he loves MW? Hm, if i think back, it has to have been when he subconsciously asked for the autograph. Before, we saw that even though he listens to her, he didn’t show much interest. He was always curious about her and wanted to know more.  However, during that time, he was constantly thinking of her and wanting to do things for her starting with the autograph. When he realized that he can make her happy even at the simplest things, he becomes happy too. I think that is the beginning and as he began to know her more, he liked her even more. His will to want to protect her from being evil also shows that he cared about her already hence it only grew as his love grew ;)

@Ameera Ali LOL! I should have saved your gif of the Moon Tree doing our job for us! :joy:

• Like 5
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 2

5 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@vangsweetie637 @lu09

out of topic but  I can’t help it :tounge_xd:

is this mr bug cheating on our girl already  - last minutes in the Video :joy:

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe that heaven :joy:

Thankfully it happened after he crossed the bridge lol:mrgreen::joy:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • LOL 8

Wohhh...team CM and team CS :lol:

As a guy, imo, i can say that CM is the "playboy" type most girls will be easily fallen into. He's more "manly"; put him a leather jacket and big ride or sport cars etc, he will be instantly fitted in. But he's easily fitted in on "sweet and soft dressing" also, plus a lil sweet poetic talks...girls will go crazy instantly ( believe me i had been there on my younger age :D )

While CS is the sweet dependable type. Girls need time to get to know more this type. But once you know him...uhuh...

...but as always, girls are easily fallen for the playboy type.

So for your soompie girls...uncle wanna say, if you want a beautiful steady life go for CS type; if you like a bungy jumping life go for CM type

Ok, another mumbling post, looking forward to this weekend...3days to go...

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

Even though CM is just a weak spirit, I like that

he managed to hug MW once again.

Fate seems to have rewarded him for staying so close

to MW for so long.

I would love for CM to be happy and in a new relationship, 

just like MW and YW.

Im sure some girl is waiting for a winning combination...

...a handsome face and loyalty. :D

• Like 3

5 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

I wonder also if they'll address in the last eps why the MaGos chose CS. Surely, it wasn't just because he happen to be there in front of 1st MaGo, was it?

I watched Episode 1 yesterday and I think it was because of CS's innate nature. Even as a child, he had a good moral compass and ability to protect others from making mistakes. When Mago met CS, he was protecting his father by telling him not to steal just so they can celebrate his birthday. This is the exact trait that MW needs and Mago saw that in CS. MW needs someone to protect her from doing more harm and becoming a vengeful person. I have a strong feeling there's no backstory to it - like CS being the descendant of someone related to MW's past, etc. It was just that Mago knows what MW needs and that's someone like CS. They're the perfect match. And actually, this illustrates why CS and MW belong together rather than CM, because CM made MW turn into the worst version of herself, while CS helped MW become the better version. 

In real life, isn't that what everyone needs in a healthy relationship? Someone who makes us want to be better? Not someone who will bring out the worst in us? 

2 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

It is normal to feel pity for CM. Even i felt sad for his state of spirit. But that doesn’t mean CS is any less than he was, too. 

Same, I did feel sympathy for CM at some point but he just didn't handle the situation well, and it ended up wrecking MW. So I feel pity for him especially since he stayed as a firefly for 1,300 years and he saved CS in the tunnel, but CS is still the better person and a better match for MW overall. 

• Like 9
  • Awesome 1

Omo...those scenes in which CM fought with himself.

So he gently lowered that musical instrument first, and

then the hair ornament. :wub:

And then there is that scene in that jail.

He paused for a moment, bowed his head, sighed and

walked out.

That silence was louder and heavier than any cry or word.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, WHandsome said:

Wohhh...team CM and team CS :lol:

As a guy, imo, i can say that CM is the "playboy" type most girls will be easily fallen into. He's more "manly"; put him a leather jacket and big ride or sport cars etc, he will be instantly fitted in. But he's easily fitted in on "sweet and soft dressing" also, plus a lil sweet poetic talks...girls will go crazy instantly ( believe me i had been there on my younger age :D )

While CS is the sweet dependable type. Girls need time to get to know more this type. But once you know him...uhuh...

...but as always, girls are easily fallen for the playboy type.

So for your soompie girls...uncle wanna say, if you want a beautiful steady life go for CS type; if you like a bungy jumping life go for CM type

Ok, another mumbling post, looking forward to this weekend...3days to go...

thank you Ahjussi for your manly insights

your mention of Mr. Captain being poetic reminded me that CS is lots poetic too

But even with their metaphors, the boys are in contrast

CM chose to be the moon (beautiful, romantic, always watching as he said, MW was not able to run away from his gaze/influence for a thousand years)

CS chose to be the bearer of MW's burdens (I have a woodcutter flash through my head in this scene; dirty, grimy, sweaty, small and irrelevant against the celestial bodies, but actively participating --- not distant and helplessly watching)... 

Does Chung Myung mean anything? Because Chan Seung was accidentally given the meaning of bright star. This is a pretty far off interpretation, but I think that even if Chan Seung was content just being a companion to MW's suffering, a powerless human amidst all the supernatural, his love and sincerity turned him into the brightest star of all, the Sun, shining over and finally diminishing the glare of the moon that MW has been trying to escape.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, lollyminx said:

Someone did post the meaning before but I forgot who. I think it was something to do with rain or wind. 

oooh, now I remember MaGo saying that the tree has to withstand the rain/wind too

• Like 2

Just now, aria26 said:

oooh, now I remember MaGo saying that the tree has to withstand the rain/wind too

Shows the contrast between them no? CS is the star beside the moon. CM is the rain/wind that MW has to withstand. There's just no contest. :D

• Like 4

5 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@berny2 was it you who asked when did CS first realized he loves MW? Hm, if i think back, it has to have been when he subconsciously asked for the autograph. Before, we saw that even though he listens to her, he didn’t show much interest. He was always curious about her and wanted to know more.  However, during that time, he was constantly thinking of her and wanting to do things for her starting with the autograph. When he realized that he can make her happy even at the simplest things, he becomes happy too. I think that is the beginning and as he began to know her more, he liked her even more. His will to want to protect her from being evil also shows that he cared about her already hence it only grew as his love grew ;)

@Ameera Ali LOL! I should have saved your gif of the Moon Tree doing our job for us! :joy:

Hmmm.  When did Ma Go put the flowers in his heart?  Does she say?  Or have they been there from the beginning? Every time he clutched his heart (four of five times), was he feeling her hurt because of those flowers? He was always quite strangely devoted to her without actually being in love with her, I thought.  And let's face it, he knew the inner MW mainly from her dreams (another product of the flowers?) which were preoccupied with  a love story involving two other men.

My memory is really quite bad.  Do we know when Ma Go inserted the flowers?

Does anyone else suspect the button she stole off CS might come into play?  What is a button?  It's a fastener.  I don't know how the memory thing works but she's been gone for a month. One scenario that plays out in my mind is that she's close to losing her memories of CS but just as the flowers are one connection between them, the button is both reminder of him and another 'fastener' between them.

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, brielover said:

Hmmm.  When did Ma Go put the flowers in his heart?  Does she say?  Or have they been there from the beginning? Every time he clutched his heart (four of five times), was he feeling her hurt because of those flowers? He was always quite strangely devoted to her without actually being in love with her, I thought.  And let's face it, he knew the inner MW mainly from her dreams (another product of the flowers?) which were preoccupied with  a love story involving two other men.

Start of Episode 3. I remember him clutching his heart starting with the debacle with Mira, and then once after, but there seem to be always reasons. Would his heart be a problem?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, brielover said:

Episode 2 or 3 when MW and HJ took CS back to the hotel after CS fainted because he was attacked by the soldier statue. When he was sleeping on the sofa, Mago put the flowers on his chest. It was not shown that the flowers merged into his body though. It was only shown in the previous episode.

I can't wait for HDL so I decided to watch 4-Wheeled Restaurant, and OMG. Uri Yeo Jin Goo is so precious. In the first episode he had to drive a food truck. It was his first time to drive in Thailand. He did a CS there by looking calm while driving, and then when they reached the destination, that's when he sighed in relief and you can tell he was nervous but he didn't show it while driving. :D

And he's in charge of money there, just like CS is responsible for HDL's finances. Hahahaha HDL should come sooner or I'll go crazy :D

• Like 4

Always respect and love for Jieunie sincere act,intention and hardworking.

She is real example of responsibility and someone you can relay on.

How she promoted her colleague as someone's who should given credited as much as her is a kind open minded, kindnesses and humble person would do when they've already reaching the meaning of life.

Grateful and giving more:heart:

Jieunaa..blessed to know you girl:kiss_wink:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3