[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

here’s MR IG.. the little girl curse is creepy lol

and congrats to our Grim Reaper haha he actually hits 5k followers before the rest of HDL staff (more than Sanchez and MR too)

his IG posts are funny :joy: his expression.. and he is always at the pub or trying to pose with MW lol 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

You know I was trying real hard not to look at any previews and set some sort of expectation about the last 4 episodes.  But then minute I saw they released the preview of episode 13 I just clicked -_- 

I don't want any more heart-ache.  But why do I have the feeling I'm going to be crying buckets during the last 4 episodes *sigh* 

But just want to say...how cute are MW and CS together...the hand holding and MW straightening his jacket?  :wub:  

17 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

My thought on Behind scene :mrgreen:

he need manual book to kiss goddess :joy:

:lol: You're captions are the best!  

14 hours ago, Ellander88 said:

The one who ride the limo could be one of the trio. I guess it would be Ms. Choi? Since the text preview for ep 13 mentioned about Ms. Choi finally get her chance for the closure? 

While sending her off, reality must've strike CS making him trying to run after her. I mean, even though he had just gotten close to Ms. Choi and they only interact as colleague, CS can already feel the sadness and pain pouring in while sending Ms Choi off. So, just how could he be able to send MW off? 

You may be right about that.  The previews are trying to confuse us. Maybe CS thought MW was leaving without saying goodbye to him and he just started running after the limo.  He'll probably walk back to the hotel and see MW in her office wondering what happened to him.  And then we get another one of those emotional filled story parallel scenes :tears: of CS realizing this is what's it going to feel like to see MW go.  :crazy: the witters are trying to kills us aren't they?  I don't want to cry all the way through another episode.

If it is Ms. Choi going first of the three workers I'm going to be sad.  She was oddly one of my fave workers there.

13 hours ago, lollyminx said:

I feel like MW will leave by episode 15 or even the first part of episode 16. :lol: That's because I think they will add filler episodes for episode 13 and 14 (the staff leaving one by one, tying up JK and YN's story), and then just rush the ending in the final two episodes. :lol::lol::lol::lol: 

NOTE: I refuse to be disappointed so I'm just setting the bar here really low. :D I'd be happy to be proven wrong. 

I'm trying my hardest to keep my expectations low so I don't get disappointed.  I so badly want to be proven wrong.

10 hours ago, juju84 said:

Thank you for the preview translation! No worries guys, even If uri MW-shi, will be taken to Heaven I'm sure there be no time before they'd send her back. I mean it's too expensive to support this woman with all the champagne, caviar, swarovski and mood swings.:lol:

But seriously I doubt MW will go voluntarily before the evil spirit is vanished. The preview is surely misleading as always.

On the lighter not, I'm also as many of you here is of mind that CS is due to become the next del Luna's director.

And it brought to mind this scene. What if the roles are reversed and this time CS will go recruiting MW's reincarnation as the new manager? Just imagine him in his tiger print suit and oxford shoes seductively cornering MW in an empty metro cabin.

He is coming closer and closer, bends down to her face and.... she says *Ahjusshi, are you a perv?!*:unamused::lol:

But than again if MW ever becomes the manager I'm afraid uri CS dies from overwork or goes bankrupt.:joy:

That would be an awesome twist.  Heaven kicks out MW cause she's too expensive to support :lol: One of the MaGo's shows up at CS's door and goes..."Here take her back.  You look after her.  We cannot handle her in this lifetime.  Maybe after a few more years living with you she'll calm down.  Your job is to tame this wild cat."

MW smiles, "I'm back!  Did you missed me?"   CS eagerly nods his head and goes in for a big hug only to be dragged by one arm to his bedroom.  "Sanchez is at work, right?"

"Yes..." Confused, slightly excited, but trying to keep his cool replies, "I missed you too..."

MW starts rummaging through his closets.  "So where is that leopard suit?"

CS :blink: "You mean you dragged me here to just look for the leopard suit?"

"Of course.  You never wore it for me.  Don't you think you should as a welcoming gift?  Why?  What did you think I was coming here for?' 

CS *face palms* "Nevermind..."

:rolleyes: :D :lol:

Your second pitch is just as good!  

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

Your fanfics are hilarious guys!

I was rewatching again, and there might actually be hope for MW and CS, though, depending on execution, could be perceived as deus ex machina. I do not have an idea, but it seems that the drama had been laying precedents on how powerful a human's wish could be.

The old woman with a diary was able to conjure up a spirit out of her loneliness, the doctor said he heard about the lifeline surgery abroad but CS said that it is their desperation to save their child that was heard (by heaven?), and the strong hatred of the living on the comments board was able to create a curse strong enough to protect the ghost of the serial killer. So maybe, in the end, CS' love could bring MW back?

*since this drama was supposedly being hatched alongside my girlfriend is a gumiho (there really does appear to be connections, with the Full Moon character and the fairy tale theme), it reminded me of that drama's ending, where Mi Ho appears back by the grace of the goddess. HDL could go the same way, but I hope they fleshed it out better

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

18 minutes ago, aria26 said:

The old woman with a diary was able to conjure up a spirit out of her loneliness,

:o Oooooooh interesting. I think this concept will be illustrated when MW is gone and CS is reminiscing. Wouldn't it be funny if CS's imagination of MW materializes because of the tiger print suit? HAHAHAHAHA like the way that Jin Joo was trapped in the diary? :D 

Just kidding of course, but I think after MW leaves, there will be a repeat of MW's scenes when she was remembering CS. Remember the scenes where MW was remembering CS taking care of the ghost from the bathroom obsessed with red and blue toilet paper, and the baby shark ghost child? I think CS will also have the same scenes. It will be reversed and he'll be remembering cute scenes with MW. PLEASE DRAMA GODS. MAKE THIS HAPPEN. IT WILL BE CUTE. 

It would be great to see how CS remembers MW  - not the tsundere type the audience knows her, but a gentle MW that CS deeply knows and loves. Like maybe MW also taking care of the ghost child in secret and only CS seeing that gentle moment or something.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Ondine said:

Another cute photo series on the progression of time and space. :D

Uuuu~wonder how they will pose next...

Hand holding maybe :D 

I was thinking about how the show would end and remembered that MW still holds on to that potion that would erase CS memory of HDL related stuff. 

I wonder if she ever gonna use them...

I am fine with a sad ending as sometimes it creates more impact to the storyline. Just no open ending... that just sucks...

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, nikki7 said:

I was thinking about how the show would end and remembered that MW still holds on to that potion that would erase CS memory of HDL related stuff. 

Doesn't it just erase his ghost-vision and ability to find HDL, not the memories (like the former manager).

Winner's Jinu and BTOB's Ilhoon recreated HDL scenes on Idol Radio, here with the actual clips for comparison:

• Like 4

8 hours ago, lollyminx said:

Hey @stroppyse! It hasn't been explicitly shown why CM had to betray MW, but there's a voice over in the  brief flashback in Episode 12 when Mago and the GR were talking by the tree. In the VO, you'll hear YW tell CM that he has to keep the facade of betraying her to save MW or something like that. I don't know if this will be explained later on or the show will let viewers assume. My guess is CM had to pretend he just used MW because if the princess finds out he fell in love with her, the princess will execute MW. 

I guess YW knew MW will give up her life because all of them died because of her, so he told CM to pretend to be the bad guy and CM choose to marry the princess to make it worse, so MW can stay alive in order to revenge for them.

YW might think even MW know CM didn't betray her, she will never become happy because of guilt. So he told him to be the bad guy instead so at least MW can survive.

Can someone explain why 4th MG said MW is wicked? and How the life line surgery work? Are they cutting the skin and sew it on the child palm?

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Hi can someone enlighten me why the princess let MW live? I mean princess said that because of MW, she can catch the whole thieves. But isn't MW the most dangerous one? Which is why princess tricked MW at the lake, while knock down the rest of MW gang easily in the woods. Supposed that she did not know about CM MW love story

Like someone mentioned here, also I'm a bit confused about CM YW deal. They decide on what is good for MW ..... Keep her alive but she won't live a happy life. 

That's why I cherish uri ManChan couple so much. I really like their communication, so honest and direct. They understand what the other is feeling and make sure to do the best for one another.

The side stories are good for me, it's long enough to keep me interested while thinking about its meaning upon MW life. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, zhangrain said:

Hi can someone enlighten me why the princess let MW live? I mean princess said that because of MW, she can catch the whole thieves. But isn't MW the most dangerous one? Which is why princess tricked MW at the lake, while knock down the rest of MW gang easily in the woods. Supposed that she did not know about CM MW love story

Like someone mentioned here, also I'm a bit confused about CM YW deal. They decide on what is good for MW ..... Keep her alive but she won't live a happy life. 

That's why I cherish uri ManChan couple so much. I really like their communication, so honest and direct. They understand what the other is feeling and make sure to do the best for one another.

The side stories are good for me, it's long enough to keep me interested while thinking about its meaning upon MW life. 

I think MW lived because CM made a deal..that let her lived in return CM will marry the princess.I feel that all along the princess was in love with CM .the princess somehow knew that CM has fallen in love with MW.in a flashback on ep 12 YW in a voice over told CM that he should just betrayed her so  that can MW 's life be spared .

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, annamchoi said:

I think MW lived because CM made a deal..that let her lived in return CM will marry the princess.I feel that all along the princess was in love with CM .the princess somehow knew that CM has fallen in love with MW.in a flashback on ep 12 YW in a voice over told CM that he should just betrayed her so  that can MW 's life be spared .

I feel the princess doesn't know CM REALLY fell in love to MW, CM might lie to the princess in the lake scene saying he just used MW to capture all of the thieves, that's why she said MW help him score a big goal, hence she let her free.

If that's what happened in the lake, CM must be really really smart to be able to make such an excuse in a short time.

It can also explain why the princess and CM are smiling to each other on the wedding night, because the princess doesn't know he loved MW. They have no reason to look happy if she knew she is marrying a man who doesn't love her.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Yeo Jin Goo spotted filming at a cinema I think..and lol the girl in the end is so funny her reaction after seeing YJG walking in front of her hahaha gurl same! 

Another one, one of HDL cinematographers posted a photo of their team filming in what seems like an old bridge in a forest with a caption "So much hard work to do" with an HDL hashtag

IU and YJG spotted filming together

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

I dont know what was sadder.

CMs calm face when he turned around and realized that

wasnt MW,  or MWs smiling face when she turned because

she thought it was CM.

And then she saw the soldiers.

After a thousand years MW laughs again.

And maybe CM is smiling a little. :wub:

• Like 3