[Drama 2020] Forest, 포레스트

larus

Park Hae Jin And Jo Bo Ah Are Applauded For Their Diligent Efforts For “Forest”

Mar 8, 2020
by L. Kim
ecce042cc7d141b692367eaedbfa8d38.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s “Forest” has revealed new behind-the-scenes photos of its lead actors Park Hae Jin and Jo Bo Ah!

“Forest” tells the story of a man who has everything except a heart and a woman who has lost everything except her heart. The two meet in a mysterious forest and work together to uncover its secrets, falling in love while trying to do so.

Park Hae Jin and Jo Bo Ah are working hard to carry out their given roles. In the new behind-the-scenes photos, the two actors intensely study the script. They carry it with them wherever they go, regardless of the location, time, and weather.

jo-bo-ah-3.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1387139wpp/park-hae-jin-and-jo-bo-ah-are-applauded-for-their-diligent-efforts-for-forest

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all. I started watching forest. I'm at ep 11-12 or ep 6. And I somehow feel that KSH is a villain. He's infiltrating the rescue team to drive them out of the forest. He's lobbying/bribing people to be on his side and agree with his forest project. But at the same time he wanders in forest and see flashbacks, sees a tree hole and pokes his hands in it. He wants people out of the village but he pays for the villagers to be routed to YJ's hospital. Why would he do that? He's supposed to drive them out not lure them in. I wonder what endgame he has in mind. For now his character does not make narrative sense for me. Huhuhuhu.

2 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

He wants people out of the village but he pays for the villagers to be routed to YJ's hospital. Why would he do that? He's supposed to drive them out not lure them in. I wonder what endgame he has in mind. For now his character does not make narrative sense for me.

It’s a little thing called LURV :lol:.  We lose our sense of reason when that bug hits.  He wanted to make her feel better by sending patients over to her.

This whole drama doesn’t really make a lot of sense as the plot is not exactly well written.  I still persevere anyway because it’s a nice easy watch and PHJ/JBA are lovely together. And the dialogue has snippets of magic in them so that’s an added bonus.

Spoiler

Sorry to hear that your Oppa Shin Sung rok had to pull out of drama Penthouse?  You must be disappointed?  :tears:

C'mon 'fess up... who kidnapped the real KSH and replaced him with a clone... and turned him into the Absolute Boyfriend?!!

Maybe it's the precursor to an alien invasion... kidnapping one corporate scumbag at a  time...

Whatever it is... I like this brand new KSH more than the other one... that one can stay in the cryo capsule for all I care and someone can throw away the key.

At least KSH can be said to be consistent. When he puts his mind to something, he goes all out. You can't accuse him of being half-hearted. Foraging the forest for breakfast... Who does that? Filling up potholes in the middle of the night so that his "sweetie" doesn't have to be traumatized by wet roads... he needs to be framed or bottled. Something anyway.

Why or why did this drama take so long to get this good? Why? *wail*

At least we're getting a nice bit of recompense for slogging it tough for the first half. The supermarket scene with Selfie Girl was an absolute hoot! JBA was a laugh and a half and PHJ had me rolling in the aisles. Metaphorically at least. ;) All that aegyo was hilarious. Taking a pi***** contest to a very extreme state of play. Oestrogen overload...

I still think CC and Bo Mi are all kinds of weird... but he is having quite a positive effect on her. She's becoming less unlikeable. But yeah... it's bizzaro universe that they're an item. He's a cutie pie though. I want to pinch his cheeks. She's very very lucky.

Hullo @cenching Lovely to catch up again! Don't see you much in the C forums these days. 

I have to agreed with @katakwasabi that KSH is indeed a villain in the business world who seems to thinks that everything is "halal/kosher" in order to reaches the goal. He is ruthless. That's what I think too since the beginning until the latest episode. I would say that this drama will be his journey to redemption. So cliche yah...:D.

@40somethingahjumma

Spoiler

I don't watch  many  C drama at the moment because nothing interest me much. Last year I only watched Ashes of Love and Sweet Dreams both with DengLun and I just finished Love and Destiny a while ago but I didn't join the talk in the forum. I supposed to watched Ever Night 1 but heard there will be Ever Night 2 so I postponed. And there are so many issues with EN2 that made me decided not to watched...:crazy: I am waiting for Jing Boran and Crystal Liu's drama that takes forever to airs. What C drama are you watching at the moment???

9 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Hi all. I started watching forest. I'm at ep 11-12 or ep 6. And I somehow feel that KSH is a villain. He's infiltrating the rescue team to drive them out of the forest. He's lobbying/bribing people to be on his side and agree with his forest project. But at the same time he wanders in forest and see flashbacks, sees a tree hole and pokes his hands in it. He wants people out of the village but he pays for the villagers to be routed to YJ's hospital. Why would he do that? He's supposed to drive them out not lure them in. I wonder what endgame he has in mind. For now his character does not make narrative sense for me. Huhuhuhu.

I was as confused as you when I was watching the earlier half of the series but the writer managed to justify his character towards the latter half of this series. I like it that the writer is able to unfold the things about KSH & JYJ's characters (as well as regarding the forest, villagers and Taesung Grp) so I'm able to understand why they do the things they do. Like he revealed to her that he never went to eat, travel for fun neither get a well rested sleep coz he might be left behind in his performance.  As shown in the 2nd video when you swipe below where he mentioned it's his 1st time to eat in this kind of place... and the video was cut in the portion where JYJ said he was telling a lie coz he actually knew how to have fun by playing around bugging people... so that answered my confusion too as to why he kept on bothering JYJ and making aegyo at her. Somehow I correlate it with how people say it "the more you disturb a person mean that you wanted her attention (and have fun time with her)."   ;)

And I believe he's not truly evil just as how JYJ used a tuning fork and asked him "Are you sure you're a devil? Why are there facts that prove you otherwise? You rescued Rescuer Kim, sponsored shuttle bus for the villagers to the hospital... What kind of devil are you?"... (It's the 7th & 8th slide when you swipe the photos below) ... so that's where I realized why he pretended to be engaged to her in front of her ex BF, made her happy with the bus full of patients, etc etc... He was actually doing good deeds already.   :wub:

BTS with English translation 

@40somethingahjumma

who kidnapped the real KSH and replaced him with a clone... and turned him into the Absolute Boyfriend?!!

Makes zero sense how he can be such a Jekyll and Hyde.  Just like what @katakwasabi intimated, the writing for his character is at odds with reality.  Still, his Absolute Boyfriend mode is sweet to behold.  It’s Forest magic I tell you.  What else would’ve prompted PHJ to bare so much skin in this drama that it pretty much makes up for the lack of in all his previous ones?  :lol:

Spoiler

@40somethingahjumma

who kidnapped the real KSH and replaced him with a clone... and turned him into the Absolute Boyfriend?!!

@nrllee

Makes zero sense how he can be such a Jekyll and Hyde.  Just like what @katakwasabi intimated, the writing for his character is at odds with reality.  Still, his Absolute Boyfriend mode is sweet to behold.  It’s Forest magic I tell you.  What else would’ve prompted PHJ to bare so much skin in this drama that it pretty much makes up for the lack of in all his previous ones?  :lol:

•  

Seems like PDnim restraint JBA from acting as her previously agressive characters (the most daring I've seen her was "Innocent Thing" but superb acting) while he boosted PHJ to act more which we rarely seen him did in his previous projects. (Swipe below to read further)  :mrgreen:

5 minutes ago, beyaruth said:

Seems like PDnim restraint JBA from acting as her previously agressive characters while boosting PHJ to act more which we rarely seen him did in his previous projects. :mrgreen:

Well, he nailed it perfectly anyway....:naughty: Like I said before, it must be the mountain fresh air and wild veggies, it's turned a perpetually stiff PHJ into an Absolute Boyfriend who has no qualms in skin baring, kisses stealing and blouse ripping not to mentioned the blinding aegyo....:joy:

22 hours ago, cenching said:

He looked happier and light-hearted too, there were certain scenes were it was obvious that it’s PHJ not KSY. I think the mountain fresh air and wild vegetables are really good for him....:ph34r:

and they stayed for 5-6 months there... a good thing for him, i guess. :) 

9 hours ago, nrllee said:

@40somethingahjumma

Makes zero sense how he can be such a Jekyll and Hyde.  Just like what @katakwasabi intimated, the writing for his character is at odds with reality.  Still, his Absolute Boyfriend mode is sweet to behold.  It’s Forest magic I tell you.  What else would’ve prompted PHJ to bare so much skin in this drama that it pretty much makes up for the lack of in all his previous ones?  :lol:

It's the POWER OF LOVE :P It turns corporate scum into blithering love bots. It's undeniably cute but it does require a high degree of suspension of disbelief... like Choi Chang falling for Bo Mi. 

(Although the courtyard fan chase was actually funny)

I compare the drama to processed food... all the sugar keeps you coming back for more but ultimately unsatisfying. Not to mention the virtually non-existent nutritional value.

I am surprised that PHJ took this on with such a higgledy piggledy script. But then I remember Dr Stranger... that was nuts.

;)

I am annoyed though that they're so busy romancing that they forget to tell each other important stuff. Esp JYJ who really needs to talk about the contaminated water.

@cenching

Spoiler

I've done pretty well with C dramas so far this year. Joy of Life was fantastic although S2 is still forthcoming. Handsome Siblings was decent. I also liked Under the Power. But my current crack is Miss Truth... I adore lead actor and the character he plays.

@40somethingahjumma

I am agree with you regarding Forest, it’s a romance drama after all. It’s hard to explain logically anything with love/romance. Beside I love those greenery in the mountain.

At least the writer is consistent with KSY’s character. He is money-driven in business world the reason he is on top at a young age and love-driven in romance world so he is such a clingy and lovely boyfriend....:lol: He is determined and giving his all in reaching for his goals.

Forest is my crack sugar at the moment to balancing it out with Children of Nobody that’s nerve wrecking sitting at the edge kind of drama. CoN is dark and depressing but extremely great while Forest is light bright and green and I can disengage my brain....:lol:

Spoiler

I heard a good thing a thing about Under The Power, angelangie The Mod keeps promoting it to me. I will check it out.

Yes @40somethingahjumma.  I really cannot explain why I am still watching to be honest.  It could be in part due to escapism on my part.  The world we are in is descending into anarchy with COVID19.  It is as inexplicable as my desire to keep watching (and recapping) this drama.  Maybe it’s to keep my mind “busy” and therefore away from what’s unfolding in the news everywhere.  And of course it’s the camaraderie here where we soldier on and watch PHJ/JBA regardless doing their thing and delighting us with trope after trope.  At least one thing is for sure in this chaos of reality.  There will be a big reveal as YJ realizes that SH is “Satan” after all because of all his dodgy business shenanigans behind her back thereby driving a wedge between our OTP (shock/horror - no way. :o)  ..and by some wizardry come Ep31/32, they will still give us our happy ever after because...well...it’s KDrama at it’s finest.  It follows a formula after all.  I am thankful that truck of doom has yet to occur...or maybe writer nim has saved the best for last and it would be the impetus to bring the parted lovebirds back together again?  Who knows?  Bring on Wednesday and Thursday night :lol:.  

@cenching high five!!  

Spoiler

I am also watching CoN on the side.  So dark...but man it keeps you on the edge of your seat ALL the time!  Now that’s a drama with tension in every episode.  It never lets up.  Just when you think whew...I can take a breather, they throw something new at you.  Addictive stuff.  

@nrllee

CoN is extremely deeply dark and haunting. I usually avoid any drama that involved child abuse because I can't take it but CoN is exception because at least it wasn't by OCN so I was expecting something not very gory and frontal or I thought so.  But CoN's kind of darkness is deep down inside and the moment I realised it, I can't turned away anymore I just have to keep going. That's why Forest is a candy for my bitter Chinese herbal brews. I will stop time to time from CoN to go to Forest. The overflowing honey and greenery rolled into one is just awesome to clear up the darkness.

Regarding his dodgy business brouhaha behind her, most likely it won't drive a big wedge between them because it's obvious that KSY will drops everything that will makes her "unhappy" instantly. Beside judging by how this shows is going so far I would say it won't be even mention like Our Dear Precious Clams, barbecue or not, Soju or no Soju ....:joy:

@nrllee @cenching

I'm only hanging on to this because of PHJ and JBA. I came for PHJ and stayed for both of them.  And I've come to like the kid that plays Choi Chang. I figured since the end is nigh... I should just stick with it to the bitter end. While I love how it looks and the production values are better than decent, tonally it is all over the shop. The serious stuff and the humour don't gel all that well together.

My biggest problem with the drama isn't the lack of realism. I'm happy to joke about all that but I can live with Absolute Corporate Shark turning into Absolute Boyfriend because at least it's funny. There is some degree of believability because KSH is the kind of guy that goes all out if he wants something badly enough. It's the lack of focus and coherence that's a sore point with me. They've thrown every single thing into the mix including the kitchen sink. Sometimes it wants to be a rom com, sometimes it's about corporate maneuvering, other times it remembers to be a healing drama, then it wants to say something about man-made environmental disasters and its ramifications. If that wasn't enough, we are now worried about PTSD in high risk occupations. It's hard to watch this especially after a gem like Chocolate. Chocolate was undoubtedly tropey too but it managed to keep its focus, and the storytelling was consistently engaging.

@cenching

Spoiler

There are people who really love Under the Power but the middle bit dragged a little for me and I could have done without some of the subplots. I liked it best when it was a detective/ police procedural. However, it was still a good drama for me... just not a great one. The OTP was lovely though.

On 3/8/2020 at 6:45 PM, nrllee said:

It’s a little thing called LURV :lol:.  We lose our sense of reason when that bug hits.  He wanted to make her feel better by sending patients over to her.

This whole drama doesn’t really make a lot of sense as the plot is not exactly well written.  I still persevere anyway because it’s a nice easy watch and PHJ/JBA are lovely together. And the dialogue has snippets of magic in them so that’s an added bonus.

Hide contents

Sorry to hear that your Oppa Shin Sung rok had to pull out of drama Penthouse?  You must be disappointed?  :tears:

Lol! He has a bad way of showing his affection. He tried to give her flowers in an envelope. And the envelope flowers fell into the toxic river. Hua3

I'm at ep 17 now. A little bit more to catchup to on air episodes. Hehehe

Ps: his car is ugly. The yellow trim. The big number 5's around it. It's an unappealing car. Lol

lxmlql.gif

zvEDLr.gif

Spoiler

Yessss. I was so sad when Shin Sung Rok had to pull out from Penthouse :tears:

Me being dramatic after I read the news:

99836A405DC9CFD40D9584

I'm okay now. He has ongoing variety shows. Hehehehehehe

99AA41375E11DF68359583

Archived