[Drama 2020] Forest, 포레스트

larus

7 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

It's the POWER OF LOVE :P It turns corporate scum into blithering love bots. It's undeniably cute but it does require a high degree of suspension of disbelief... like Choi Chang falling for Bo Mi. 

(Although the courtyard fan chase was actually funny)

I compare the drama to processed food... all the sugar keeps you coming back for more but ultimately unsatisfying. Not to mention the virtually non-existent nutritional value.

I am surprised that PHJ took this on with such a higgledy piggledy script. But then I remember Dr Stranger... that was nuts.

;)

I am annoyed though that they're so busy romancing that they forget to tell each other important stuff. Esp JYJ who really needs to talk about the contaminated water.

@cenching

Reveal hidden contents

I've done pretty well with C dramas so far this year. Joy of Life was fantastic although S2 is still forthcoming. Handsome Siblings was decent. I also liked Under the Power. But my current crack is Miss Truth... I adore lead actor and the character he plays.

There are people who don't like mixing up business with their personal life. They're on cloud nine so they wanted to savour the moment for enjoyment only. :tounge_xd:

The writer is probably setting up the timing as to when to reveal. But I feel we will be bombarded by true revelations of the past relations of Taesung Group and the characters with the forest in the final 2 episodes. I can't help but compare the writer's style with that of My Sassy Girl movie where the story evolved with the 2 leads doing a lot of nonsensical dates but finally revealed the connection of it all at the end. (That movie was box office) :D

Spoiler

I really enjoy watching this series coz of busy/ difficult life this is my stress reliever. I watched Chocolate but got bored and depressed. It was depressing to watch people die every day/week. But I managed to finish it fast forwarding most of the scenes except OTP's & the ex Couple. I started watching CLOY as soon as it was completed but stopped Midway because I'm having difficulty to accept NKor-SKor Romance maybe because I've known NKor's dark reality that my mind couldn't accept the fantasy that the kdrama set up for us. Basically it all boils down to each person's preference as how they perceive the story/ the production. I remember Full House has a very light story line but it was well received by the viewers and got a very high viewership ratings. I really went crazy watching it.

Why does her painting look like PHJ? The long legs...  :yum:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

Lol! He has a bad way of showing his affection. He tried to give her flowers in an envelope. And the envelope flowers fell into the toxic river. Hua3

Btw, that flowers are for soup. It's called Mountain Seaweeds or something like that. Nothing romantic about it though....

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

Ps: his car is ugly. The yellow trim. The big number 5's around it. It's an unappealing car. Lol

This is another thing that I don't understand about the writer. Who's in the right mind will drives sports car in the mountain roads??? :sweatingbullets: Both KSH and CC are driving sports car, KSH with his Ashton Martin No. 5 (Like Chanel No. 5??) and CC with his yellow Mercedes. Sports cars are unsafe to maneuvered around in mountainous roads.  4x4 will be much better. KSH has a Range Rover that he used in the city but he chose sports car for the mountain?? :huh:

@beyaruth

Is there a ship for PHJ-JBA already??? :ph34r::lol:

This drama get me interested at first because I just met someone has lost childhood memory like KSH in real life. I am curious about how painful KSH's memory is. 

gonna miss the drama. only 4 episodes left :(

6 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Lol! He has a bad way of showing his affection. He tried to give her flowers in an envelope. And the envelope flowers fell into the toxic river. Hua3

He wanted to have her taste the soup with that flower as to fulfill her wish. Too bad he failed coz he didn't know how to do the right approach. But he improves a lot better now in showing his affection.  :blush:

4 hours ago, cenching said:

Btw, that flowers are for soup. It's called Mountain Seaweeds or something like that. Nothing romantic about it though....

This is another thing that I don't understand about the writer. Who's in the right mind will drives sports car in the mountain roads??? :sweatingbullets: Both KSH and CC are driving sports car, KSH with his Ashton Martin No. 5 (Like Chanel No. 5??) and CC with his yellow Mercedes. Sports cars are unsafe to maneuvered around in mountainous roads.  4x4 will be much better. KSH has a Range Rover that he used in the city but he chose sports car for the mountain?? :huh:

@beyaruth

Is there a ship for PHJ-JBA already??? :ph34r::lol:

I think KSH changed his car to match up with CC coz JYJ rode a few times in CC's car... or they have similar taste (the pair of shoe reference). They just like to show off (boys will be boys)  :D

Spoiler

Not sure if the ship is sailing... but the painting with that long legs looks like him. :sweatingbullets:  If based on her ideal type maybe not coz PHJ said he's a passive type of person while her ideal type is a showy type. While physical aspect her ideal type is her ex bf OJW. Honestly I thought I would hear news of her and YSH (after I've seen their BTS of My Strange Hero) coz he's close to her ideal type. Anyway, I ship KSH & JYJ on screen so I have to watch them til the end and might rewatch the 2nd time around before I move on to the next kdrama.   :love:

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_plqnb8dIDG1tghbv0_400.gifv

tumblr_inline_plqnbaYoWp1tghbv0_400.gifv

But PHJ fits in this...

tumblr_inline_pluc3qdmtn1tghbv0_400.gifv

I wonder what PHJ's ideal type is? :wub:

Forest: Episodes 21-24 Open Thread

by missvictrix

F6_0.jpg

Our lovey dovey couple faces some outside circumstances that shake them up this week — things like arsenic poisoning, data theft, traumatic near-drownings, potholes, and thunderstorms. While I’m glad to see the drama is working hard to pull together its many tangents, nothing truly interesting is actually happening. But we soldier on.

EPISODES 21-24 WEECAP

F6_2.jpg

Our forest confession scene turns out to be the real deal, only further cemented by the fact that their first kiss as a couple is chaste and off-screen. It’s funny how K-dramas work. Both of them are under a love spell, though, and are paragons of smiling kindness and goodwill towards mankind as they go through their day.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/03/forest-episodes-21-24-open-thread/

3 hours ago, beyaruth said:

I wonder what PHJ's ideal type is? 

@nonski can confirm but I think his ideal type is a homebody.  So more likely than not a non-celebrity who is happy to just keep house for him.  Someone happy to stay out of the limelight and support him in the background.  PHJ doesn’t strike me as someone who is into grand gestures.  He stated his previous girlfriends have called him boring.  So for him I think the perfect evening would be just chilling at home with comfortable chatter over a movie or just talking normal stuff over dinner.  He’s not going to be taking you out to expensive restaurants every week or buying you massive teddy bears (ChocoMi :lol:).  But he will be cooking for you, fixing your bike, helping your folks out, giving you THE BEST HUGS... his head is already in husband mode.  That’s pure conjecture on my part but it’s what he appears to be like to me after reading some interviews, watching his behavior in public and what drives him. :lol:

I have a soft spot for PHJ because he reminds me of my son (personality).  His girlfriend probably thinks him boring too.  But for me, he will make a great husband.  Not flashy like a sports car but dependable and stable, practical like a 4WD.  The chances of him ever cheating or going astray is near zilch because they don’t get swayed by someone “more exciting”.  They are content with their home life with their chosen one.

10 hours ago, beyaruth said:

There are people who don't like mixing up business with their personal life. They're on cloud nine so they wanted to savour the moment for enjoyment only. :tounge_xd:

The writer is probably setting up the timing as to when to reveal. But I feel we will be bombarded by true revelations of the past relations of Taesung Group and the characters with the forest in the final 2 episodes. I can't help but compare the writer's style with that of My Sassy Girl movie where the story evolved with the 2 leads doing a lot of nonsensical dates but finally revealed the connection of it all at the end. (That movie was box office) :D

Yeah... that's another example of what I was talking about in my last post. The lack of coherence affects the disjointedness of the drama and the pacing. 

I accept that they need their Cloud 9 moments... it's partly what's saving the show for me... but the longer they stay on Cloud 9, one gets the feeling that the harder they'll fall back down to earth... and with a great big thud.

I can understand why KSH doesn't talk about what he's doing behind the scenes re: the mountain resort. But why JYJ doesn't talk about the creepy fixer from Taesung who shows up at odd moments of the night... yeah... that's pretty silly.

9 hours ago, cenching said:

I think it's their way of telling us what a big show-off KSH is. What better way to flaunt your wealth and masculinity than driving James Bond's car . The guy has an ego the size of Australia and he's always boasting about how he's better than everyone else. Of course it could just be PPL.

Still why does Chang Choi drive a sports car as well? I wonder what his excuse is. To get to HQ faster in an emergency? To score chicks? Not a lot of those on the mountain.

@beyaruth @nrllee

Don’t bother to look for each ideal type because rarely someone would really ended up with their so called ideal type...:P The heart wants what the heart wants.... :wub: I ship them on screen because it is hard for me to think of them as a couple off screen, their presscon was like in Alaska....:ph34r: That’s why I am a bit surprised when I saw there’s an off screen ship for them...:lol:

@nrllee, it’s hard for him to find a non celebrity or anyone outside showbiz because this guy is a workaholic who seems to has no social life outside work and family....:sweatingbullets: His goals is to get marries before 40 so let’s us pray for him because he got only 3 more years...:D

@40somethingahjumma

The only chicks worth scoring in that jungle are The Surgeon and The Ranger but he has been driving those before both of them landed there....:lol: The rest are Herbs Picking Omoni(es)....:ph34r: KSH's sports car can be PPL even though I didn't see any mentioned in the end credit but CC's car isn't because they blacked out the Mercedes logo. Let's say the writer loves sports car....:lol:

24 minutes ago, cenching said:

their presscon was like in Alaska

Did you think that too? :lol: I had the same thoughts.

Off topic

Spoiler

Who knows?  He may end up with someone random (who decides to step away from the limelight) like So JiSub and his reporter girlfriend. A stylist or crew member?  I wish him the best in finding a life partner.

1 minute ago, nrllee said:

Did you think that too? :lol: I had the same thoughts.

Off topic

Reveal hidden contents

Who knows?  He may end up with someone random (who decides to step away from the limelight) like So JiSub and his reporter girlfriend. A stylist or crew member?  I wish him the best in finding a life partner.

Man, I had never seen such a cold and awkward presscon between OTP....:lol: Usually the actor will at least offers his arm as a courtesy but these two were just standing there awkwardly with a one meter gap between their bodies....:sweatingbullets: I thought there were no sexy scene or love line for them in the drama....:lol:

Spoiler

That's why I said someone in the showbiz. She can be stylist, director, camerawoman, stunt woman etc....:lol: not necessarily an actress.  I wish him the best too....

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

@nonski can confirm but I think his ideal type is a homebody.  So more likely than not a non-celebrity who is happy to just keep house for him.  Someone happy to stay out of the limelight and support him in the background.  PHJ doesn’t strike me as someone who is into grand gestures.  He stated his previous girlfriends have called him boring.  So for him I think the perfect evening would be just chilling at home with comfortable chatter over a movie or just talking normal stuff over dinner.  He’s not going to be taking you out to expensive restaurants every week or buying you massive teddy bears (ChocoMi :lol:).  But he will be cooking for you, fixing your bike, helping your folks out, giving you THE BEST HUGS... his head is already in husband mode.  That’s pure conjecture on my part but it’s what he appears to be like to me after reading some interviews, watching his behavior in public and what drives him. :lol:

I have a soft spot for PHJ because he reminds me of my son (personality).  His girlfriend probably thinks him boring too.  But for me, he will make a great husband.  Not flashy like a sports car but dependable and stable, practical like a 4WD.  The chances of him ever cheating or going astray is near zilch because they don’t get swayed by someone “more exciting”.  They are content with their home life with their chosen one.

(this is about PHJ the actor so I hope this won't get deleted from this thread and the extra image not hidden under the spoiler tag)

I always love it when I encounter people praising Haejin.  it's heartwarming when someone appreciates him.

As to his ideal type... yes your are on the right track here chingu @nrllee

He said he is not an ideal boyfriend or the boyfriend type but would a great husband material.  He is more of quite type, a homebody.  I am posting here some interviews you can check his personality and how he see his marriage life would be like.

On why we don't see him chummy with other celebrities like others 

lzJ6Xzh.jpg

On his personality and what he expect on his marriage life and partner

7n8c8u1.jpg

8oVWDnE.jpg

NbJMsfK.jpg

200310 뉴스엔
‘포레스트’ 박해진, 어깨 발목 인대파열에 발톱 빠져도..빛나는 연기투혼

'Forest' Park Hae Jin, even though his shoulder & ankle ligament rupture and toenail fall out... his acting fighting spirit still shines

(translation by _happytea_ twitter)

202003100837401910_4_20200310084023497.j202003100837401910_5_20200310084023515.j202003100837401910_6_20200310084023531.j

Spoiler

202003100837401910_2_20200310084023470.j202003100837401910_3_20200310084023484.j

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000256343

@nrllee so this might explain the injured shoulder

(he tends to do some of his stunts)

On 3/7/2020 at 12:31 AM, cenching said:

While our Oppa PHJ, well well well...what can I said. His kissing skills definitely up few notches compared to previous dramas. 

well, hahaha, he's definitely stepped up!

*waves* @katakwasabi

2 minutes ago, nonski said:

'Forest' Park Hae Jin, even though his shoulder & ankle ligament rupture and toenail fall out... his acting fighting spirit still shines

(translation by _happytea_ twitter)

Ouch!! Ouch!! Ouch!! 
Shoulder and ankle ligaments rupture?!?! :scream: 

Toenail falls out?!?! :scream:

1-A0595-D0-CF17-48-EC-B508-4806-CA263554

@nonski I went ahead and punched in the Korean to translate to Chinese and he aggravated an old back injury he’s had since high school and he probably sprained an ankle (ligament) and did his shoulder in too.  That scene where he was carrying everyone’s water cans would’ve been prime candidate for injury.  Poor boy.   But he pushed through regardless.  At least his next drama won’t be so taxing on his body and he can relax a bit. 

Wait, we haven’t seen him in the mud yet right?  There’s a truck above as he rolls down the hill into the mud...truck of doom?  :lol:
202003100837401910_3_20200310084023484.j

4 hours ago, cenching said:

Ouch!! Ouch!! Ouch!! 
Shoulder and ankle ligaments rupture?!?! :scream: 

Toenail falls out?!?! :scream:

:cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat:

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

@nonski I went ahead and punched in the Korean to translate to Chinese and he aggravated an old back injury he’s had since high school and he probably sprained an ankle (ligament) and did his shoulder in too.  That scene where he was carrying everyone’s water cans would’ve been prime candidate for injury.  Poor boy.   But he pushed through regardless.  At least his next drama won’t be so taxing on his body and he can relax a bit. 

Wait, we haven’t seen him in the mud yet right?  There’s a truck above as he rolls down the hill into the mud...truck of doom?  :lol:

Thanks for that clarification. :)  I feel a lot better knowing that.  

Yes no mud scene yet.  It could be a truck of doom or a deja vu of sec being thrown out of the car to the ground and now it is KSH's turn and he's thrown to the mud from the truck of doom.

200310 뉴스엔
‘포레스트’ 측 “박해진♥조보아 위기 빠질수록 로맨스 농도 더 짙어진다” 

'Forest' to “Park Hae-jin ♥ Jo Bo-ah into crisis, the concentration of romance couldn't wait.”

KSH and YJY at the police station

202003101007451910_2_20200310101224800.j202003101007451910_3_20200310101224814.j

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000256394

Done backreading, for a few pages at least and some good stuff.

@40somethingahjumma @nrllee @cenching @katakwasabi

Loved reading all your posts, such a delight to read your insightful thoughts.

Yes I agree that this drama is sometimes, uhm most of the times, just trying to be everything.  It's hard to follow and takes a lot of my PHJ fangirl strength to not let go especially in the early part of the show.  There are certain points that still isn't connecting to me.  This wasn't mentioned by anytime I think but it kinda disturbs me how YJ is a doctor in her state of panic attack.  I mean, you know, hahaha, what the heck, I can't even begin to write about it.  It seems it's not just now but an on-going condition or I may have been mistaken.  Second eye poppin' issue for me is yes the use of sports cars, not just one but two of them in that.  At least tho I did not see CC drive a 4wd in the city while driving a sports car in the forest. lols.

Hmmm, I dunno about you guys but I have some issues with the Evil CEO being a villain.  He is so not convincing me. He doesn't look and act like a villain.

The tonality is a bit shaky but the beautiful scenery is compensating.

On PHJ, this is an turning point drama for him in terms of skinship, skin baring and aegyo.  No one is complaining and yes many are liking it.  Tho at some point I still have to get used to it.

I think our OTP will have some time off as this drama seems to follow the usual kdrama formual.  It will be episode at this time when they have to be angst-sy.  

Anyway, this is still a good watch esp if you don't have to delve your mind into it.  Just enjoy the fun, laughs and aegyo and cuteness and handsomeness and you'll forget the mess the world around us is, at least temporarily.

1 hour ago, nonski said:

Done backreading, for a few pages at least and some good stuff.

@40somethingahjumma @nrllee @cenching @katakwasabi

Loved reading all your posts, such a delight to read your insightful thoughts.

Yes I agree that this drama is sometimes, uhm most of the times, just trying to be everything.  It's hard to follow and takes a lot of my PHJ fangirl strength to not let go especially in the early part of the show.  There are certain points that still isn't connecting to me.  This wasn't mentioned by anytime I think but it kinda disturbs me how YJ is a doctor in her state of panic attack.  I mean, you know, hahaha, what the heck, I can't even begin to write about it.  It seems it's not just now but an on-going condition or I may have been mistaken.  Second eye poppin' issue for me is yes the use of sports cars, not just one but two of them in that.  At least tho I did not see CC drive a 4wd in the city while driving a sports car in the forest. lols.

Hmmm, I dunno about you guys but I have some issues with the Evil CEO being a villain.  He is so not convincing me. He doesn't look and act like a villain.

The tonality is a bit shaky but the beautiful scenery is compensating.

On PHJ, this is an turning point drama for him in terms of skinship, skin baring and aegyo.  No one is complaining and yes many are liking it.  Tho at some point I still have to get used to it.

I think our OTP will have some time off as this drama seems to follow the usual kdrama formual.  It will be episode at this time when they have to be angst-sy.  

Anyway, this is still a good watch esp if you don't have to delve your mind into it.  Just enjoy the fun, laughs and aegyo and cuteness and handsomeness and you'll forget the mess the world around us is, at least temporarily.

When first time it showed that she is a Surgeon who is plaques with Panic Attack Disorder, I thought she will be fired or resign from her position next and the story will starts from there....:sweatingbullets: It's never crosses my mind that we will continue seeing her shrieking her heart out in the upcoming episodes due to her panic attack still in her position as a Surgeon without any professional interventions not to mention ex bf is a PSTD Specialist....:sweatingbullets: I don't know whether I have to laugh or cry at the absurdity of the situation so I chose to forget about it and focus on skin baring, kisses stealing and aegyo....:lol:

Regarding the CEO, he isn't convincing as a villain because they didn't give us enough back story or explanation about him. We only know that he is Chaebol with rich daddy who employs a bunch of thugs to do his dirty works, period.

Oh yeah ~~ Less than 24hours away... 

The scene KSH in the mud, looks like the location in the preview where some digging will take place? Maybe? Of there's a heavy metal pollution, there must be some source of it. Somebody dump into the lake? I dont recall seeing any truck track there. If landfill area originated from garbage collection area, there might be some leachate. Say, illlegal dumping site. 

Both CEO in this drama, are shady. Its only matter of who is the bad one. Taesung hired tugs to beat the secretary severely. But, KSH opponent in the same company also cannot be trusted. Who knows? 

Archived