[Drama 2020] Forest, 포레스트

larus

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, nrllee said:

BTS (with English subs) - why does PHJ (SH) have a bandage around his right hand? 

Maybe his character injured his hand....Because he is using his bandaged hand without restraint in that BTS

They're so lovey dovey... Looks so natural that I couldn't even tell anymore if it's just an acting so that's really how great they act. :wub:

I observed the way JYJ dresses is portraying her character as conservative type unlike her previous characters she played as an agressive type so she worn sexy clothes and she bared more skin as well as she was the one who made moves towards his co-stars. So I think this the reason why they didn't show us how her blouse got ripped by KSH. :sweatingbullets:

This is another proof that her character is conservative type, she's covered with robe. I think the reason is because she's a doctor here. Even how she kiss unlike in her previous dramas she kissed more daringly. But glad KSH's the daring character. He showed us his sexiness. :P

@beyaruth

JBA is a pro in doing sexy scenes. She had an erotic thriller movie with JangHyuk which’s showcased her acting ability. She played a disturbed high school student who has an unhealthy obsession with her married PE Teacher.

Forest is a TV show, those kisses so far is already tottering in the edge of censorship....:ph34r: She’s good though, she can multitask while kissing with different facial expressions at the same time not the usual blank face. She can acts intoxicated, shy, surprise etc while kissing...:ph34r: 

While our Oppa PHJ, well well well...what can I said. His kissing skills definitely up few notches compared to previous dramas. 

@cenching That's so true! I first known her on that movie coz I watched it for Jang Hyuk and was amazed by her portrayal of such an innocent looking but seductively tempting (her gym teacher). Her character in Forest is a bit tame compare to her other character portrayals so I'm glad we get to see the sweet but a bit daring moves from PHJ's character (grabbing for daring kisses a few times). But how I wish PDnim would give us more daring scenes at their happy ending since these two are already adults. I became greedy after I've seen their first kiss.

KSH warned her that he can be too sweet that she would ask him some salt.   :tounge_xd:

1 hour ago, beyaruth said:

But how I wish PDnim would give us more daring scenes at their happy ending since these two are already adults. I became greedy after I've seen their first kiss.

My take on the lack of more “adult” scenes is possibly PHJ’s input.  I don’t recall him ever being in any risqué type scenes in his previous dramas?  It was all “inferred”.  I am wondering if it’s because he knows his family (including his 7 and 9yo nephews) watch his drama together... so maybe he keeps it at PG rating as a result?  Potentially it would avoid sticky questions popping up during family viewing time.  “SamChun, why have you got no clothes on in bed?  Were you very hot?”  :lol:  Anyway we will see how far he takes it in this drama.

@nrllee

Definitely on PHJ’s side because that late thirties upcoming “monk” seems to be not comfortable performing sexy scenes on camera, he prefers it off cam....:ph34r: He has never had any explicit scene so far. His kisses in Forest is the wildest one in the history of his career....:P

But Forest is airing at 10 PM SK’s time on weekdays so I can safely said 7 and 9 yo must be already on bed at that time? 

54 minutes ago, cenching said:

But Forest is airing at 10 PM SK’s time on weekdays so I can safely said 7 and 9 yo must be already on bed at that time? 

Actually not sure.  By Western standards yes...but in Asian countries my niece and nephew are regularly up till 11pm?  And they do reruns at other times too.  :lol:  Better safe than sorry.

Yup, eventhough we persuaded the kids to sleep from 10pm, they always stay ip til 12am. And thats it. Most of the drama and movie usually ends airing by then. Kids dont bother to watch news at 12am. So, they excuse themselves to sleep. 

Anyway, I dont mind PHJ stay refrain from the explicit scene. Love him as it is. Spoil me with next episode then... 

Just started watching this drama and enjoying it so far.

Question: Does anyone know the name and singer for the song that Jo Boah is dancing to in the courtyard when she is surprised by shirtless Park Hae Jin  in Ep. 5?  The lyric over and over is "I'm Torn Apart", but I can't seem to find any information about this song. 

Any info much appreciated!

@nrllee @an-naum

My children went to bed at 8 or 9 max in the evening when they were in elementary school. They classes started at 7:30 am until 4 pm, if they sleep at 10-12 they will be cranky in the school because lacked of sleep not too mention not good for their growth and health in general. 

But of course there’s the rule in my household and I understand each household has different rules...

12 hours ago, nrllee said:

Hey there @Table122000 - good to see you here!  :)  Sorry can’t help you with the song.  Maybe someone else can.  

Hi @nrllee Good to know that you are enjoying this drama. I'm late to the party but so far I am enjoying the romance development even if the corporate intrigue still confusing for me.  Hope to catch up soon.

I also anticipated for that :wub: scene between them especially both are living together. KSH's body. And YJ's scar. Those are perfect reasons, perfect ambiences.:D

I thought there will be a kind of chance to see them together. Both are adults.

Butall we got is just a ripped blouse scene. :P

Okay, so PHJ eats with left hand, writes with right one and PUNCH a baddie with left hand too.....:D Sorry, can't help myself in noticing it....:D

Also I am very impress that JBA can rides a bicycle in high heels....:crazy: Well, it's square kitten heels but still it might stuck on the pedals.... :crazy:

On 3/6/2020 at 7:13 AM, nrllee said:

Ep 23 added to @nonski’s recap - will edit more when I have time :)

Hospital. YJ speaks with Evil Director.  She thought it was odd that he would show up without notifying her first. He said he wanted to look around the hospital and assured her he was interested in investing.  She asked if he grew up in Miryeong which was why he seemed so keen on investing.  He said he was just impressed by all her work there and wanted to help her along. He leaves in his car. SH drives past his car and arrives at the hospital.  He calls “YJ-ah” and finds her.  Cute covering her ears scene.  She asks him why he called her YJ-ah?  SH said, “why can’t I? You’re mine!”  YJ jokingly protests, “Says who?” SH, “If you’re not mine then what are you?”  Ahh these 2.  So cute they will be the death of me. 

At home. SH asks, “Are you really alright?  To sleep alone?” YJ acts all cute. “No. If Oppa isn’t by YJ’s side, she will be So So scared”. :lol: SH blinks in disbelief. YJ gets serious, “Do you really expect me to be like that?? Just you go to sleep already! I have a lot of things to do too!”.  She looks to leave, then pauses.  Glances meaningfully at him...he moves towards her...her phone buzzes and he grabs a handful of munchies as a decoy (so smooth :lol:).  She looks uncomfortable too. “O look, rain has stopped. I will be fine. I’ll head to sleep first then.” She walks away. SH spits out the biscuits he’s grabbed and mutters, “Too sweet”. Back in her side of the house, YJ picks up the call. It’s Evil Director saying he wants her to be the head of the Trauma Center.  He also says he wants all the documentation/cases she’s working on to look through. She wonders why.  Flashback to Evil Director being told that YJ has been digging into water contamination in the Forest.  He finds out KSH’s weakness is YJ.  He’s up to no good.

Rescuers showing elders how to rescue on water.  YJ watching, an elder got caught up on a rope and in ajumma's panic, YJ got thrown into the pool.  She's also panicking as she went down.  SH noticed the commotion, jumped in the pool and saved YJ.  She is hysterical as HJ pulls her up into the poolside.  SH hugged her to calm her screaming.

YJ woke on her bed, still feeling uneasy, took a medicine from her drawer.  As she looks around she saw SH sitting at the table.  SH came to her, asked if she is okay and then holds her hand. He tells her she’s really something else (brave)’and hugs her. She tells him she wants to be alone. He heads out to the dining area. Sees the 100Q&A sheet and notices that she’s filled in all the answers and reads them. 

As YJ woke again she checks and SH is not around and went outside only to see a really huge van/coaster.  She asked him what about it and he said for camping (He read in the 100Q&A that it’s something she’s always wanted to do).  As SH drove the car YJ is busy rolling on the bed inside the van.  (Waaaaaah I want this van!)  The arrived at the forest, camps, picked some berries (I think) eating as they go along.  Having a great time for another wonderful date at the forest.  YJ finds out SH has never had an afternoon nap ever because he’s too scared that others would get ahead of him whilst he naps. She convinced him to catch a nap to test and see if the sky will fall down whilst he does it. We saw them sleeping while sitting on their folding camp chairs.  Ah they look so blissful!

Night and they see fireflies and wonder about them.   YJ says it’s her first time seeing them and they look so much better in real life.  She thanks SH. He says he’s returning the favour because she helped him when he was working through his issues.  YJ starts to talk about her painful past.  SH tells her she doesn’t need to if she’s not feeling up to it.  YJ says she wants to tell him about it.  YJ talked to SH about her childhood, where she drowned, inside the car with her parents, seems like the cause of her trauma. YJ says she can’t get that picture out of her head - her parents reaching out to her in the car and their bodies floating in the car.  Every time she thinks about it, she hears a voice saying she’s cursed and because she’s cursed, that’s why it happened.  YJ says she tries hard to silence the voice but it’s hard. She says SH gives her the strength to fight the voice in her head because he is proof that she isn’t cursed (he brings her happiness).  :wub: SH hugs her.

Back home...YJ wakes, looks in the mirror and mutters happily “Satan the Demon” (SH reference) 

They on another date again inside the forest, forked road again.  They stopped, YJ came to SH and plant kisses on his face.  SH holds her gave a proper kiss. They part ways - she goes to work and he to rescue unit 

Rescue HQ. TL is typing up report. I think it’s of the incident by the pool. SH shows up and asks why the ropes were left lying around which caused the accident.  TL says he forgot to tidy up.  SH asks him how he forgot.  Other members arrive and hear their conversation. SH asks how he could forget as he has 25years of experience. SH asks if it’s because he was intoxicated.  Everyone looks uncomfortable. CC tries to get SH to forget it but SH insists on answers.  TL didn’t even debrief them after the incident.  SH asks what’s really going on with him.  One of the members hurries to get TL away from SH’s line of questioning.

Hospital.  

Resident barking again on YJ.  He asks when she will get all the documents typed into the computer system. She says she’s nearly done and should be finished by day’s end.  She butters him up by calling him SunBaeNim and explains that she only went to the conference (Manila) because the Hospital Director instructed her to, not because she wanted to usurp his position. He seems satisfied with her answer and leaves. 

---

SH on a phone call with sec who's attending a public forum, seems Taesung Group is in the hot seat. Sec smiling proudly.  Sec says not to worry, everything is going to plan.  Evil director is seething. 

------

As YJ is typing in old reports into the computer, she notices photos of a past patient (black lesions on his back and remembers back to the conference where the lady presenter showed similar pics during her presentation about environmental toxicity by pesticides affecting humans).  The patient files reveal that he had lung cancer and died.   She looks at other files and sees another patient with other skin lesions who also had leukaemia and subsequently died.  She heads outside to find Dr Park and asks about the cases. He said he found the cases strange (it was odd for them to have those skin lesions) which is why he took pictures of them and attached them to those cases.  YJ says she’s suspicious because both lived in Miryeong Village and wonders if it’s related to the mountain water they drunk. He asks if she’s suspicious of JungEunSo (?) (I think it’s heavy metals but I can’t be sure). Nurse said he did send off a sample but nothing was abnormal?  Plus the patients had already died so he never followed up on it. YJ says her tests came back showing excessive Arsenic?  Dr Park said it’s odd that his sample didn’t show up anything? YJ says something’s up in Miryeong. 

--------

END

Yay! Thank you so much.  Love love what you did here.

On 3/7/2020 at 7:47 AM, nrllee said:

My take on the lack of more “adult” scenes is possibly PHJ’s input.  I don’t recall him ever being in any risqué type scenes in his previous dramas?  It was all “inferred”.  I am wondering if it’s because he knows his family (including his 7 and 9yo nephews) watch his drama together... so maybe he keeps it at PG rating as a result?  Potentially it would avoid sticky questions popping up during family viewing time.  “SamChun, why have you got no clothes on in bed?  Were you very hot?”  :lol:  Anyway we will see how far he takes it in this drama.

yes this is the most reasonable answer.

as his long time fan, we were even surprise at this show of skinship. :) so this is really huge for him to be doing this.

Welcome to the thread @Table122000 and @nat_phoenix88

2 hours ago, nonski said:

yes this is the most reasonable answer.

as his long time fan, we were even surprise at this show of skinship. :) so this is really huge for him to be doing this.

He looked happier and light-hearted too, there were certain scenes were it was obvious that it’s PHJ not KSY. I think the mountain fresh air and wild vegetables are really good for him....:ph34r:

Archived