anti love game

Lmangla

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, kokodus said:

@packmule3awwwww that's so nice of you. But @Dhakra and I kinda formed a team. And I think he will kill me if I back out now. Hahaha. Maybe we three can form a team, but @sushilicious strictly said only two per team....gahhhhhhhh. don't worry I didn't peek into your answers. Haha you can still go solo or pick up someone who actually knows about these dramas. LOL. 

@Dhakra:bawling: I still don't know what the 3rd one is. Wake up quickly!!!!!

Wild guess

Reveal hidden contents

Queen of mystery/ Mystery queen?? No idea how lecture hall fits in here. Lol. 

No worries. I thought you had no partner and he didn’t want you. Can’t let one of my girls be a wallflower now, can I? 

I’ve known @Lmangla for years now (going on 6 years, right?). She’s one of few straightforward people I’ve met here so what you see is what you get. She wouldn’t give you a Rorschach test. :)

By the way, your choice of photos @Lmangla was right on the money. Good job!  I haven’t watched any of those kdramas but I heard the buzz about them. The fourth one threw me off because the English version of the title didn’t correspond to the order of the pictures. 

Spoiler

I knew the term social club would throw people off bec of the picture. I think I’m the only one here old enough to remember the zenith of these single-sex (not coed) clubs and wear an ugly hair bonnet like the ladies on the pic. :crazy: Are sororities a big thing in Asia? 

kekeke... @packmule3 ~ re: your question

Spoiler

it was actually difficult to translate social club into a pic. so haven't heard of sororities in asia but there are social clubs centered around stuff like mahjong and bridge. my dad was an avid bridge player at one time and would go for monthly/bi-weekly games. there is also something which is referred to "lodge gathering" in some kdramas which also happens here in various forms.

so basically these women form a kind of co-op... around 10-20 women, they meet once a month for lunch, maybe some games and have a good time. each person contributes a set amount and one person from the circle gets that month's entire amount.. so there's different versions of that. for example, my aunt has a retired teacher's gang that she meets up with once a month for lunch that is hosted by one person and they donate that collected money to a charity of their choice and some they keep..

so yea, I figured women playing mahjong would convey the idea of social club? most have figured it out which is great. :)

10 minutes ago, nrllee said:

The answer(s) is (are) 42 (Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy). :lol:

PS I was rather hoping that @packmule3's offer to pair with @kokodus would result in a jealousy fueled rage by @Dhakra - love triangle Kdrama style.  Where's my popcorn? :lol:

No thank you. Not interested in a threesome for obvious sexual connection. :)

But I think there are two answers. 

If an answer exists, then it’s 42. (source: Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, as you said). 

If an answer does NOT exist, then it’s 404. (source: Hypertext Transfer Protocol. 404 error = not found). ;) 

:skull: is this supposed to be a skull emoji, alien emoji, or a sickly mutilated octopus? It looks cool. 

@Lmangla, oh I see. Thanks. 

Spoiler

Awww. That’s sweet of your aunt! A club for retired teachers who still want to do something good for the community! Good for her. 

Yes, the coops for women, esp the business coops, have done great things to empower women in developing countries by giving them access to loans, banks, education, healthcare, assistance from NGOs, etc. But even the simple camaraderie of other women, or sisterhood, can be rewarding in itself. 

Ahh. Mahjong! I wouldn’t want to play mahjong in the pool. I tend to play vigorously with the tiles (I like the clacking sound they make when we shuffle them) and I’m bound to drop one in the water. 

I’m interested in learning to play mahjong again after watching that Crazy Rich Asians. It might come in handy with a future daughter-in-law. Hahaha. 

@dotonlyNo, that's his "Why do you wake me up?" gaze. Especially when you put a camera in front of him :D 

@mouse007Well, he knows the special tricks to get attention. Sit down on my mouse, block the monitor, jump on top of my PC, touch my hand with his head and look cute. 

@kokodusI agree. We are so full of Zen, we could solve anything. But you managed well to solve everything on your own. :) My help wasn't needed at all. Well done sis, I'm proud of you. Should we or rather you write it down again at once?

Burn Popcorn! 

1 minute ago, Dhakra said:

@dotonly

@kokodusI agree. We are so full of Zen, we could solve anything. But you managed well to solve everything on your own. :) My help wasn't needed at all. Well done sis, I'm proud of you. Should we or rather you write it down again at once?

Burn Popcorn! 

Alright. I'll do that. See we are such a harmonious team. *But I'll burn you down if you wake up late tmrw* :)

Drama 1

Spoiler

School 2013

Drama 2

Spoiler

Liar game

Drama 3

Spoiler

Queen's classroom.

Drama 4

Spoiler

Avengers social club.

@kokodusSorry :D I was really late today, but you know I had a reason for that. I don't say it was a good one though. :joy: But still you managed to do well on your own sis. 

The riddles come out at 4am here. :D So I will miss them by quite some time.

@dotonlyIt's a gif. Fist bumping is an act of friendship. 

Yeah, sometimes I declare it as a relationship goal kind-of gif..but this time it only acts as fist-bump sis. Sigh....some people have to make everything complicated. 

But alriiight. here: If you think that's better. 

tenor.gif?itemid=4037461

Archived