[Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤

0ly40

I am so late for the party but can't help & join with you lovelies.... :)

Yes, I've already watched 1-4 eps & I love the phase of this series. It's the way it should be :) I dunno about the writer of the series but he/she is so very well prepared for the future... I didn't find any annoying character so far!!! All are evenly strong, specially Lee Jung-In & Yoo Ji-Ho!!! :love: They know that they both like each other but under the circumstances, they back off...

And I think Jung-In will be a caring lady for Ji Ho's sweet & cute son!!!! Can't wait to see what happens in ep 5 when they 1st meet each other! :heart: And it's said that Ji Ho's wife has left the country, so is she coming back in upcoming eps...??! I hope the writer doesn't go on the typical love triangle path!!! And I think Lee Jung-In & Yoo Ji-Ho won't need a 3rd party to fall in love with each other!!! His son will be the key for it! :) Wow, I am loving this series so much already & can't wait to discover more about everyone & everything!!! 

And dear @bebebisous33 vhingu, I love your point of view about the main poster... :love: Yes, I also hope so that they won't have any difficulties on their way!! Wave to dear @Lawyerh & @Pmyonly chingus as well!!! 

And this is one fact that I love about this series!! The street lights are all vintage which represent the sunlight in physics... :thumbsup: It perfectly goes with the beautiful spring season!!! So dreamy & intoxicating!!!! :)

Just a fancy edit by me for all the Spring Night lovers here... :heart: Feel the love...

61501459_2219243788387155_90011086646977

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbh i don't get the need of mentioning that jiho should bring snack :D. I still keep getting this thought that he knows about them i mean him going all the way to pharmacy that far, unnecessarily discussing his private life involving Ji(don't tell me they are close cause Gs didn't even told these things to his close colleague who works with him),holding hands the moment JI sees jiho on road,messaging JI after the jiho left the gathering  and he did saw towards jiho phone when msg came .Just my gut feeling :D

@gm4queenGlad to have you here and agree what you said its going the way it should be.One can't rush the things just because its frustrating i am glad the writer is showing the complexities of the characters.Love your edit :wub: 

47 minutes ago, Dyslexic heart said:

Yes. Perfect while driving alone in the rain. 

There will be a lot of fitting moments. :D 

Well, have fun here, I'M coming back when the next episode airs.

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I would like to point out that there is a huge difference between JH's world and GS's social circle. While JH has real good friends, GS is not able to have a single good friend. He uses his position and his money so that his alumni admire him. He likes being put on a pedestal but in reality, they are not real friends. They know, he has money and an important position hence they respect him. Yet he is very distanced from them: don't forget that he wanted to introduce his "fiancee" to them. They had never met her before. Even JH's friend treats GS well because he is his superior at work. Their relationship is based on work and on the same hobby (basket ball). They used to be studying at the same university. 

And with SH, it is the same. GS doesn't often call and meet SH. They only met because he needed something from him. So their friendship is really superficial, even his father warned his son. He knows that SH is not a good man, despite his manners and his social background. 

I also sense that the relationship between SH and his brother is not good. SH was irritated, when he heard that his brother would donate so much: jealousy was visible. I guess, there is a certain competition between them. Moreover, when SH declared that he became a dentist after meeting LSI, it clearly indicates that SH was the black sheep of the family. He was not a good student, he could only become a dentist, while his brother is a doctor. This contrasts so much with the relationship among the Lee sisters who are quite close in the end. There is no competition, each of them influence the others in a good way. There is no jealousy either. They protect each other too. 

GS has no true friends around only acquaintances or business partners! Im pretty sure GS doesnt know what friendship truly means..

GS/ SH relationship is just a full of crop.using one another for own selfish reasons..

19 minutes ago, annamchoi said:

GS has no true friends around only acquaintances or business partners! Im pretty sure GS doesnt know what friendship truly means..

GS/ SH relationship is just a full of crop.using one another for own selfish reasons..

And that's another reason why GS won't accept the break up because JI has been the only one was by his side all the time and always adjusted herself to him and his needs. She had become his silent companion for so many years so that he never felt lonely hence he never felt the need to get really close to her and confine in her. All his life was evolving around work and with her presence, he was able to live comfortably: she wouldn't have any demand and expectation, she would give him the space he wanted, while he could use her as his "trophy wife".

28 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

And that's another reason why GS won't accept the break up because JI has been the only one was by his side all the time and always adjusted herself to him and his needs. She had become his silent companion for so many years so that he never felt lonely hence he never felt the need to get really close to her and confine in her. All his life was evolving around work and with her presence, he was able to live comfortably: she wouldn't have any demand and expectation, she would give him the space he wanted, while he could use her as his "trophy wife".

JI/GS is nothing but a companionship ! no more no less..no LOVE involved..

our adorable dad and pharmacist in the neighborhood.. simply love this guy to bits! :):wub:

FB-IMG-1559366661506.FB-IMG-1559366624054

photos credit as tagged

@annamchoi There is also a huge difference between GS and JI. I believe that JI chose her profession which is not so glamorous than her sister's because she likes books. I can even imagine that her father disapprove her decision. Notice how proud he is of LSI's work. Fruthermore he sent his third daughter to France in order to boost her career but we can clearly see that Jae In didn't enjoy her studies. But now back to JI. So her choice of job as librarian reveal that she is very social... inciting people to read, giving info, helping EW to find his favorite books aso.

For GS, it is different. He was forced by his father to take this job, while he wanted to study music. Secondly, since he is working at a bank, the business side is more important. He wants the company to make a profit and not help people...  

2 hours ago, Pmyonly said:

Tbh i don't get the need of mentioning that jiho should bring snack :D. I still keep getting this thought that he knows about them i mean him going all the way to pharmacy that far, unnecessarily discussing his private life involving Ji(don't tell me they are close cause Gs didn't even told these things to his close colleague who works with him),holding hands the moment JI sees jiho on road,messaging JI after the jiho left the gathering  and he did saw towards jiho phone when msg came .Just my gut feeling :D

@gm4queenGlad to have you here and agree what you said its going the way it should be.One can't rush the things just because its frustrating i am glad the writer is showing the complexities of the characters.Love your edit :wub: 

I think so too. I have the impression that GS must have noticed JI and JH's reaction during the basketball game. We clearly saw JH starring at JI and JI kept sneaking at JH. Notice that during their gathering, for the first time,, GS put his arm around JI's shoulders as if he was claiming that JI was his possession. He was definitely marking his territory. 

I think that GS don't really know anything about what is going on between JI and JH. When they are in the car from the library and when he sees JH, he was just surprised that JH is at the vicinity where JI is working. So he mumbles to himself if he ever mentioned to him where JI works. I think he is thinking of their conversation in the pharmacy when he bought those vitamins for JI. And he thinks of JH as a hoobae as they both are alumni of the same school. So he thought that it would be best if JH knows where JI works so he can also bring some snacks when he is at the vicinity as he consider him as both their friend.

That is why once he learned that it is JH who JI is falling for the more that he will feel that he is betrayed. That is why more are siding with GS because the only fault that some can see in him is that he is not that romantic, has an ego since he grew up in an affluent family. Most of them really has that way of thinking. And he will really explode once the truth is out. It is already hard knowing JI wants to break up with him but it knowing that JI falls for someone who is a hoobae, in the same circle of friends, a single dad that would be very hard to accept. JI has been part of GS's daily life and losing her will not be easy and he is losing her to a guy of lesser status. He will never understand that.

I just love this scene. The longing for both but they can't do anything:tears:

Richelle, I totally agree with you that he does not know it is JH.  He is suspicious that something is different, and maybe someone else, but I don't think he would ever suspect JH, which is why, like you said, that he will be SO upset when he finds out.  The writer and director are adding to the suspense by giving so many instances of when he could have caught on, or by throwing them together over and over, and the audience is dying, but GS does not suspect JH.  I think he went to JH pharmacy because he is a hoobae, and he can be more honest with him about JI being anxious and what vitamins would help?  I don't think he went for a discount.  I think KS's arm around JI at the team dinner was to show possession to all the males, not JH specifically, after his friend said she was gorgeous. 

Ji-Ho looked so F I N E E E in that all-black get up:wub::phew: I don't think Gi-Seok & Jung-In understand the concept of "on a break" :P:lol: He's clueless as to Jung-In's stance in their already dead relationship & keep insisting she's bein' "sensitive" - typical male response:rolleyes:

It looks like tough as nails character run in Jung-In's family, or at least in the women! :w00t:

I really don't get why it's frequently implied throughout this drama that men/women can't be platonic or must be married. Like it's so rigid; it's black or white. Never a grey area.. 

Actually i really do think that GS is clueless. And he is in for the shock of his life. As JI once asked him, I am selfish, right? And when she asked that if it is okay to have a male friend, GS even answered as if you care. So he will never think and not in his wildest dreams that JI will fall for someone like JH. He has a son and with that alone in his perspective that it is impossible for the 2 to be together.

About the on a break or cool off thing, i think GS and JI has never really had any major, major misunderstanding and they are just used to being with each other. It seems they have been together for long as it is before GS even have a career in the bank. I also believe GS is JI's first serious relationship. So it will never easy to let go. When JH said if you come to there's no turning back, you can see how long JI looked at GS. They have been part of each other lives and she knows what she feels is not right. But her heart is already with someone else. We are in for a ride i am sure. And i agree that since this is with MBC, intimate scenes will be toned down which i hate lol

I need this gifs to ease the agony of waiting lol

I haven't caught up with reading this thread but did with all the episodes.  Hope I am not repeating all your sentiments. :lol:

Being a contemplative drama, this drama surprises me with the deep social themes running through the first 4 hours, cuz I thought this was a forbidden love story y'all at first glance~

• I don't particularly hate GS. I do feel that his relationship with Jung In is his passive aggressive rebellion against his father. I don't think it will be a matter of love or hurtful guy pride that Gi Seok will resort to at the end or what will dictate how he reacts when he finds out. He doesn't want to lose his fight against his father for freedom or believe his father's pessimistic view on love is true.  I do believe he loves her initially, but that wasn't the only thing why Gi Seok fights hard to be with JI against his father's open resentment.  It is more to prove to his dad that relationship can be exist outside of a beneficial business transaction.  It's clearly a son vs father's battle where JI becomes much more symbolic for GS' fight.  He agreed to pursue a business career to his father's approval but will not relinquish his control over what is in his heart.  He has already given up his love for music so this is the last battle for his independence. 
  • Like many have said, GS is a prideful man.  We see the competitive streak in Ji-Ho as well yet he is soft hearted so the armour that he wears hides a sensitive soul.  He's a good man who is considerate of his actions and consequences.  It's a little harder for GS to relate to JI because I think, at least I feel, that GS sees JI as the beneficiary of his love.  Like it's a lopsided relationship where he leveled "down" to her in social status despite his father's disapproval.  So I think he never consider her an equal in their relationship and perhaps even views himself as the one who sacrifices more for their relationship.  Even if they go ahead with the marriage, they will continue to have problems being together as a couple.  Ji Ho on the other hand, feels slightly handicapped for being a single dad, come into the relationship with JI not feeling this sense of entitlement.  He is more willing to give and take as a boyfriend. 
  • I like how we see the same dilemmas running through many of our characters lives.  Live following your heart, live for yourself, or live for others' happiness.  

I have to go but will be back to write more.  Will continue to watch. :)

I think another variation on "Follow your heart" is JI's sister, JaeIn's bold pursuit of anyone she is drawn to, in this case the potential civil servant.  It is hard to tell yet if he likes it or finds her too much.  Her example of leaving France because of a restraining order in her pursuit of someone else shows that following your heart can be unwelcome and taken too far.  So it is not the automatic answer to all love dilemmas.  However, because she is so in tune with her own feelings, she reads other really well, and clearly dislikes her brother-in-law, although she really doesn't know the facts.  She quickly assesses KS as assertive and proud.  Writer will use her to assess true character throughout the drama, so watch for her comments.  I think she comes on too strong and would find that unattractive, but some shy men might like it.  She will certainly be a defender for both sisters' fight for happiness.

I also agree that GS has no clue what's developing between JI and JH. I think he thinks he is helping JH by buying at his pharmacy and also feels a little superior that he has a girlfriend he is (eventually) going to marry while feeling pity for JH who had a son out of wedlock.

Also, imagine the car scene between GS and JI where he gives her vitamins changed to a gift of jewelry wrapped in a pretty box with the words, "I feel like I have been so busy that I have neglected you.  You know I really do love you."  If he really wants to change their dynamic, why, oh, why did he think vitamins was the answer?   He truly is clueless.

GS becomes too complacent of his relationship with JI. He is thinking that since they have been together for a long time, in the end they will get married anyway so no need for an extra effort. Which is the opposite of JH. By nature he is really attentive and maybe because the feelings are new. It will really be a nasty war for sure.

I'm enjoying this drama and simultaneously finding it painful to watch.

Can't write about Jung-in and Ji-ho because it would take too many words.

I felt a sad for Gi-suk because I couldn't figure what he had contribute to what was going wrong.  He seems like a decent guy who sticks up for Jung-in against his father.  Episode 4 I realize he likes her well enough, but it seems she is someone he uses to keep his father from taking over his life. 

I suspect that Jae-in is suppose to be cute, but argg. No sense of boundaries.  The move she made with the vitamins . . . 

Purely my point of view: 

Moral of the story for long term relationship or marriage... always have to be lovey dovey and never be complacent.  Also never allow too much independent space between one another.  Cos you will slowly feel to be independent and relationship is not required.  This is when someone attentive may walk into the life and shake the heart.

If do not have anyone that make the heart fluttering... good, the relationship continue to be in this "independent no demand relationship".

JI must has really love GS before.  But she long already forgotten the feelings and only remember he is a good person.  Same as GS, he must has really love JI very much.  But that love has already diminished from passion and he is not aware as he is so used to have her around. 

GS may have flaws.  But he still love her.  JI knows that and that torn her as she herself cannot believe that her heart betrayed the relationship she has with GS... moreover it is a very long steady relationship.  She hated herself for these feelings for another person.  But her heart just keep beating the other way and she started to see many flaws of GS which she is ok in the past but due to change of heart, she tends to get pricky with it and upset. 

Archived