[Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤

0ly40

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, tenten0227 said:

My heart hurts for Ji-Ho, he finally found someone he wants to love but she just happens to be someone he can't love openly. I'm really frustrated with Jung-in's because she really isn't acting true to her character. Am I the only one frustrated? Just like what Ji-Ho said to his friend, that she said she doesn't like lying but all she does is lie to him. She's breaking his heart so bad! I just hope Jung-in stop acting so wishy washy, take a hold of her feelings and figure out what exactly she wants then she can break it off with her bf so she can stop torturing herself, Giseok, and Ji-Ho. But truly, this director know how to make things so achingly beautiful, so sad yet so beautiful. I hope the day Jung-in finally sets her heart on Ji-Ho that she never lets him go, just like how her sister described her to be. 

When he said this, he actually implied that she was also lying to herself. His words reveal no resent towards her. She said that she didn't know what crossing the line was but in the end, she did as she asked him not to come to her. While his friend HS took it the wrong way, I believe that JH didn't see it in a negative light. He knows her situation: she was honest from the start... but here is the thing. JI felt hurt as well, the pain she inflicted to JH with her words pained her as well which is a good thing. Only through the pain she will realize her true feelings and her true desire. For JH, it looks like she is lying to him and herself.

4 hours ago, Dhakra said:

I don't think JI is really lying to herself. She is just insecure and afraid. Her relationship with GS was never something special, although they were in a relationship, both of them had their own space, she was an individual with some sort of boyfriend. It doesn't seem like they kiss much or tell each other how much they like each other.

GS co worker saying that they already look like an aged married couple is actually more true that it seems. JI lives in a comfort zone, somewhere where she doesn't need to excel, she just lives her life without any worries. She is her own boss, she can meet her friends and even drink all night without worries.

But suddenly a guy enters her life that totally throws her off balance, suddenly she realizes there is another way of affection. In one scene she also said that JH is able to make her unwisely choose her words. That's a big step.

JI is confused by herself, so how can she be true to JH, if she currently lies even to herself. 

I am pretty sure she will, since they keep talking about her aswell. It would affect the story so much and I don't think the writers would miss such an opportunity. She will show up at one point and create another whole bunch of problems.

Especially if JI and Eun-U already managed to create a connection.

However, just like @Dhakra, I believe that JI is just confused and insecure. JI has never been in love with a man before hence she proposed JH to be a friend. She thought, she could control her emotions and she would be happy with such a status. But we can clearly see that her heart wants more (she takes care more of herself: the cream, pay attention to her look etc.). Nevertheless, JH only accepted her offer later, when he realized that he could meet her more often. We can clearly see that JH has always hoped that at some point, she might change her mind about it. 

If we take a closer look to the couple GS-JI, it is pretty obvious that they came together due to their connection. JI's father works for the chairman, GS's father. SH, the brother-in-law of JI, is a friend of GS. It was as if they had been put together due to their social status. 

As for GS, I have to say that the writer is doing a terrific job because so far, it is still unclear if GS has noticed the relationship between JI and JH. So far, the beholder hasn't seen any scene revealing his knowledge. Sure, GS caught JI lying to him but this scene happened later (after the visit of the pharmacy) but there was no indication that her lie was linked to JH. This uncertainty is a good decision because it doesn't make GS as a bad man.

However, I find it very strange that

1. GS went to the pharmacy where JH is working in order to buy vitamins. It is not in his neighborhood. Then he tells him that his girlfriend has been stressed a lot lately and they are about to get married. It was as if GS was trying to make JH feel guilty. He was the one who would put JI under pressure.

2. In front of JI, he described JH as a flawed man because he is a single father. Since the mother ran away, GS made it look like JH was responsible for that.   

3. GS tells in front of JI that they need to find a woman for JH.

4. At the restaurant, he asked her if there was someone else. So this question at the end makes me think that GS must have suspected JH for a while. I find it interesting that GS is confronting JI with this question... He knows that JI hates lying so maybe by forcing her to lie, his intention was to force her to stay by his side. Since she is denying the existence of another man, JI is pushed to act as if JH didn't exist. Her reaction (the hand) shows that she is actually lying. It hurts her. She still doesn't know that she loves JH.

With all these scenes, we wonder if GS knows about JH... if he does, then this shows that GS is playing dirty as he is not trying to seduce JI at all. He is just trying to tarnish JH in front of JI, to make feel JH guilty (seducing a fiancee).

But when we talk about lying, I would have to say that GS is himself a big liar. The conversation with his brother in the car is really telling. First, he lets his brother believe that they often don't go on date due to their work. His excuse is the lack of time, implying that they would date more if they could. Furthermore, he makes his brother think that he has a loving relationship with JI. It is just that they don't show it in public. On the other hand, he warns his brother not to to date too long because it is not worth it. All this shows that GS is describing his relationship with JI in a different light: a passionate couple which is totally wrong.  In my opinion, there is no love coming from GS. It is more about his pride...    

I think we need a nickname for our JH should be PUPPPPYYY, omgosh! I just want to cuddle him and tell him to stop hurting himself! All he literally wants is to see her and be near her. If that's not innocent love, I don't know what is. There's a telling scene when the pharmacist and the assistant were saying how JH was acting weird, cut to him bobbing around, peering at the pharmacy full window in the hopes of catching a sight of JI. There was too little OTP scenes for my liking, but episode preview for next week, I'm literally shaking at what may happen and hopefully happens!

Episode 7-8 was amazing! I really like how JI tries to "resist" JH but in a time of "need", she calls him for help (legit just an excuse to see him). And our puppy just literally dropped everything after receiving her text message.

Also there's an important scene when they BOTH accept accountability for what is happening:

Spoiler

JH: First off, I'm sorry. You're right. I went there (library) to see you on a whim without a plan and I dumped it all on you asking you to make a choice. So that whenever anyone asks me I could say, "I didn't do anything. I wasn't interested, but Lee Jeong-in seduced me." I was looking for such lame excuses.

JI: In that sense, I'm not any better. I pestered you to be my friend and I called you when I didn't need to. And like today, I came up with plausible excuses to come see you. At this late hour. I guess I was more lame after all. I'm sorry too.

JH: There's nothing I can do for you. (BOY please, you're amazing!)

JI: That's not true. I'm so glad I got to know you.

*glances at each other*

JI: You're a good person (PREACH it sister!)

JH: No, Im not. I'm getting bad desires now. I won't expect anything from you so just let me see you. I promise I won't get caught.

JI: No, that's not right. I understand how you feel, but --

JH: I'm talking about you. I won't get caught by you

*glances at each other again*

vma-crying-9.gif?quality=.8&height=219&w

Side note, really need GS to gtfo of my face when he said that you don't need permission for sex when you're a couple. Dude, seriously what is wrong with you?

(SH, the brother in law keeps getting much worse ughhh, I'm jus ready to punch his face. SI needs to get out asap! Don't worry about your career girl, you don't deserve to be in an abusive relationship!)

I get it, it's JI acting "pissy" at him, but some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth, I would have done so much more. I would have roasted him so hard, he would have became a burnt potato. And more interestingly we find out that GS dad only "accepted" JI  because after dating JI he stopped saying he was going to pursue music. Similarly JI sister was saying, JI lost her adventurous spirit after dating. Hmmmm.... so they just kind of mellowed each other out when dating, that's why their relationship seems so bland?

@xXMzSmilesXx SH is definitely the real jerk in this story. Not only he is an abusive spouse, but also he is not a successful doctor. He had only one client during a day hence he hasn't been able to pay the rent. Fact is that he is only making debts and doesn't want to divorce because this means, he would lose his source of income. Don't forget that the house belongs to LSI. He had no qualm to lie to GS telling him that he is thinking about an expansion, while in reality he is not making a living with his office. I guess, he hurt his wife because she was more successful than him and got jealous. Moreover, it looks like his brother and brother-in-law are earning a lot... he is a failure compared to them hence he feels more pressured. Nevertheless, I sense a certain arrogance coming from him... as if his social status was everything. 

As conclusion, he can only benefit from LSI's career that's why he doesn't want to get divorced.

In the preview for the episodes from next week, JI decides to break up with GS.  :wub:

3 hours ago, xXMzSmilesXx said:

Also there's an important scene when they BOTH accept accountability for what is happening:

Hide contents

JH: First off, I'm sorry. You're right. I went there (library) to see you on a whim without a plan and I dumped it all on you asking you to make a choice. So that whenever anyone asks me I could say, "I didn't do anything. I wasn't interested, but Lee Jeong-in seduced me." I was looking for such lame excuses.

JI: In that sense, I'm not any better. I pestered you to be my friend and I called you when I didn't need to. And like today, I came up with plausible excuses to come see you. At this late hour. I guess I was more lame after all. I'm sorry too.

JH: There's nothing I can do for you. (BOY please, you're amazing!)

JI: That's not true. I'm so glad I got to know you.

*glances at each other*

JI: You're a good person (PREACH it sister!)

JH: No, Im not. I'm getting bad desires now. I won't expect anything from you so just let me see you. I promise I won't get caught.

JI: No, that's not right. I understand how you feel, but --

JH: I'm talking about you. I won't get caught by you

*glances at each other again*

But what does he mean? Does he want to secretly watch her? 

finished with ep 4..and I admit I cried because JH is hurting more than JI can imagine. Hes honest and frank with her,stating that he wants to  more than friendship.and that as JI will allow him to see her a glimpse of her itll be fine.JH sees JI as woman that he wants to love and protect  and cherish.that he wants  her to be his forever that JI will allow him to love her from afar..same goes with JI, we know for the first time, that finally she found love.Her relationship with GS, is not at all romantic, no passion no giddy moments..  but just a companionship  of sort.

All along, I feel that there is no love involved with bf/ gf relationship.and they took this long to be a couple just because of rhe business industry. 

and GS dad .huh! Marriage is Business! he doesnt like JI, just so and so beacause of his son and business. 

I like Seo In putting up with his father, re JI..that with regards to thier personal lives  just let them be 

And the brother in law! Hes too annoying and full of himself .and once the truth comes out re his money problems everyrhing will be wrecked for him.he will definitely rot in jail.

Im liking Jae In! shes bubbly, funny and full of life eventhough she and JI have pertty fights She will surely give her blessing with JH same with Seo In.

preview 5 JI breaking up with GS.and as Jae In said regarding her sister if she wants something she will go for it, that not even her own family can stop her. so just maybe JI will not supress hier feelings for JH 

sigh* agonizing starts! one more week till new eps come out

@mintip JH meant that he will love JI from afar.

Just now, 0ly40 said:

Yeah, it's one sided deep love :blink:. Unconditionally and hopeless love :bawling:

But that will be one of the reasons why JI decides to break up with GS because she will realize the difference between GS and JH. GS is more selfish and doesn't respect JI's decisions and words. He always tries to influence her. 

I just got some time to watch both episodes and gosh MBC is playing with my heart! 

Thoughts about episode 3:

-Their first phone call is just... *insert 100 multiple heart eyes* 

-JI and JH definitely can't resist the thing between them. It's so obvious at the calling-face-to-face scene and how teary she gets after she told him to not cross over the streets. This is really heartbreaking. "Do not cross over the street (the line)." haish.

-GS asking if they should grab some coffee... is it just me but did GS was suggesting something more than that? I remembered his friend telling him the lack of physical touch, so maybe GS thought that JI is acting up because of that.

-GS knowing JI lied to him over the call and I can tell that he's a bad news!!! (But that's okay, bcs by then we have someone to blame and hate lol).

-THIS. PART. (I know this scene has been mentioned a lot of times... but I really need to point this out again)

tumblr_psa3f3YGJH1xstbxpo1_400.giftumblr_psa3f3YGJH1xstbxpo2_r1_400.giftumblr_psa3f3YGJH1xstbxpo3_r1_400.giftumblr_psa3f3YGJH1xstbxpo4_r1_400.giftumblr_psa3f3YGJH1xstbxpo5_r1_400.giftumblr_psa3f3YGJH1xstbxpo8_r1_400.gif

(cr: rosiedaes.tumblr.com) (how do you insert the hide caption thingy? the gifs are taking a lot of space hehe sorry)

The look on this eyes, his expression, how confused and lost he is... I feel sooo sad. He longs for someone to be there for him and when he finally met the person, she's someone else's. (I was in this kind of relationship as well. We knew we had a thing but never talked about it. Plus, he was in a relationship too wow I so can relate to JH and it was too heartbreaking. But in my case, we eventually part ways so can I please watch them get together PD-nim???) 

Episode 4 on the way.

Archived