Quantcast

15 hours ago, annamchoi said:

my song for JH to JI...

Or dedicate it to GS...

“Please let her have me instead” 

because the woman is willing to go but it’s the sticky situation that’s keeping her from doing so...

it’s a sad song... i would never wish anyone to be in the same boat. 

• Like 4
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Loving your opinion guys and welcoming all the new members keep sharing your thoughts  cr(macaron8841 twitter) Me while waiting for new previews and episode  cr DaumC  

CR -masterpiece twitter

Hi All,   Thank you for your posts, comments, and thoughts. I am always delighted reading them all, so insightful as well.   I just got carried away having watched the bright and s

Posted Images

Even eun woo has great chemistry with JI. they really look as mother and son:wub: we know that ji min loves children. Can't wait to see more of their interactions. I think reason why ji min and hae in has really good chemistry is they are really close on set. You can see by the bts that they have fun and always talk about the scene. They collaborate really well.

This drama just draws you in. I love watching melodramas but i will just watch once and i am okay. This drama is different. I will watch live but can't really understand all the conversations. I will watch it again with sub and it gets more addicting. Now i will watch it again, even the side characters are interesting. Maybe because it has this realistic conversations, no sugar coating, realistic storytelling.Great story so far, great cast, great directing, great ost. This will be my best melodrama if this kind of storytelling continues.

Episode 3 has many saying why can't JI just break up with GS. it is not that easy. We know that JI basically has GS in her adult life. They are already like a married couple, only the wedding/marriage is missing. GS has been a part of her life. It just that GS has been very comfortable and particularly think that they will just end up anyway. And usually in long term relationships, it is seen as the woman really losing a lot if in case they break up. Talk about double standards. GS will only realize what he will be missing once JI is already out of his life. The problem is GS will not let her go. They say if you really love someone, let them go and wish for their happiness. But the kind of person GS is, and knowing it is partly JH responsible for JI's awakening, he will not just seat and watch. As JI's friend said, this will be a nasty war. I really can't wait. Preview is just so intense.

And i am patiently waiting for this. PD ahn pan seok is really my favorite and he has been great in this drama:)

• Like 11
  • Love 2

@richelle I agree with your last post. JI couldn't break up with GS so soon for many reasons.

1. As JH entered her life, she realized what she was missing in her couple. For the first time, she started having expectations, although this was unconsciously.  She was definitely disappointed with her boyfriend, when he mentioned the marriage in the car for the first time. He never proposed to her, he just expressed his wish because this marriage would improve his life. It would be less stressful and it would be much more comfortable. Notice the reaction of GS, when she proposed to GS. He criticized her the way she proposed to him: it was so casual and sounded reluctant. His critic reflects his selfishness because he acted the same way before. There was no love and affection in his "proposal". It was also casual and he was only thinking about himself the entire time: a more comfortable life. He didn't need to pick her up so often aso.
  2. On the other hand, JI had never had any expectations from him and he was accustomed to it. That's why he reacted so harshly towards her, when she first got upset with him and later in a different occasion disagreed with him. We can here see the gradual change in JI's behavior as she shows more and more openly her thoughts and emotions. Yet, GS always tries to make her feel guilty (She is described as selfish by GS which he doesn't dislike) but in reality, this is the opposite. She was never selfish, quite the other way around.  See the way he asked her to go to her flat... he wanted sex which infuriated JI as he saw her as a sexual object.
  3. I have noticed that JI was always the one who had to adjust herself with GS and his life. Meeting him at the basketball game f. ex... then when he invites her to come to the pub because the friends asked him to. He gets upset by her refusal. It was as if she had to obey his "order". Actually, he never wanted her there in the first place, he just used her to brag, until his friends asked him to see her.
  4. She still hopes that GS will change as well but he doesn't really. He blames her, when he questions her if they are at a point where they need to work on their relationship. This rhetorical question implies that he doesn't want to work on his relationship, if something must change, then she has to. Even before, he often remarked that she would behave oddly: "What's wrong with you?" /"What's got into you?"

Meeting JH was an eye-opening. She realized that there was something missing in her relationship. Furthermore, she decided to stop acting like an obedient wife and show more her true thoughts and feelings. She was no longer willing to accept everything from GS but started seeing his flaws. But was it enough for a break up? No because so far, JI perceives him as a good guy who did nothing really wrong, like cheating aso. Yet, I doubt that she has realized that he lied to her. She feels terrible every time because he makes her feel guilty: "She is odd and she would behave differently normally."  

• Like 6
  • Insightful 6
  • Thanks 1

@bebebisous33i agree with all your points. Actually GS has taken JI for granted. Because they are together for a long time, he thinks that JI will always be there. As if all the decisions regarding their relationship will come from him. All JI needs to do is agree and go with the flow. JI thought everything is okay until he meets JH. JH has let her see what she has been missing all along. Along the way she has seen what kind of relationship she really has. She was awakened because of JH. This will really not be good. Once GS knows that JI is falling for JH, i can't imagine how furious he can be. His ego will be hurt as JI will fall to someone as they say has a huge flaw. It is getting interesting. I can see that the writer has improved. Some will say the story is slow but everything is needed for us to understand where JI and JH is coming from. I can't really wait:wub:

• Like 9
  • Love 1

cr. to @gm4queen One_Spring_Night.jpg The choice of a black and white picture doesn't necessary mean that there will be some unhappy or tragic event. Actually, I consider this picture as quite warm. First, the title is written in red. Red is associated to life and love and it is in the center of the photography. This indicates that love plays a huge part in this drama.

Secondly, the way our protagonists are standing is quite interesting. It was as if the adults were playing hide and seek. The adults are acting like children, while a person is reading in the background. The young man/teenager is not paying attention to them concentrating on his book which actually reflects JH-JI's actual relationship. They meet each other without being noticed by their friends. The teenager/younger man's seriousness also contrasts to their "cheerfulness". 

The way JI is looking reflects JI's curiosity and JH smiling shows that he is already smitten. Although they are separated by the shelves (representing two worlds), you can see that they are trying to find each other in the end: the middle ground.

The picture also underlines the equity and the playfulness in their relationship. Both are standing and have the same size. They might play hide and seek but they don't hide their emotions and thoughts. What caught my attention is that in the couple GS-JI, they are not really communicating to each other in a direct way. GS is quite manipulative with his words, while JH is really direct and honest: he can not accept a friendship with her because he wants more. He tells her right away that he is a single father, while GS often lies to JI and others. He makes sure that people perceive him in a good way, yet he is quite selfish and prideful. 

@richelle I can understand where JI is coming from because honestly, I experienced something similar. Fact is that I broke up with my first boyfriend, when his flaws became more and more obvious, while his friend showed more and more qualities. It was a clean break up and even my ex-boyfriend didn't resent me. And now, I have been married for 21 years!

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

Hi all! Late comer here :lol:

been watching this in a marathon.

Here’s my point of view for the first 4 episodes.

somehow i see a lil bit similarities in the storyline with American series, well i compare OSN to One Tree Hill,  well most of you probably don’t know this series :lol:. Long story short, they had this triangle love storyline, and also the “early cheating stages” in the beginning (flirting between two main lead, whereas the female had doubt to take a leap of faith with the male lead that she actually loves) :sweatingbullets:. Two male lead also competed on a basketball court dududu:sweat_smile: the boyfriend in the series also have a superior father who always get/pursue what he wants, and he always treated his girlfriend as sexual partner not “somebody he loves”. The only difference is the culture.

Anyway, so excited how the writer will deliver many of social issues in korean culture that you all have mentioned. And i’ll be cheering for the girls, remind me of power puff girls!! Hahaha:D Have differences and contrast personalities yet they can bond and always support each other. Girl powers for the mother and daughters! :thumbsup: :relieved:

• Like 7

Just because you have been in a relationship for a long time does not automatically mean you are deeply in love.

There are a lot of factors why your relationship carried on for so long. I know. I had been into one. :lol: for JI and GS they are more focused on their jobs and settled into a comfortable set up. 

JI's world was rocked so to speak when she finally met someone who made her feel that passionate feeling she didn't feel with GS. :D

• Like 11

Hi, everyone, I'm enjoying reading all your thoughts. Thank you all for the lively forum!

I'd just Iike to add that JI met JH only about 2 weeks ago so it's just natural for her to give some more thought to breaking up with Gi Seok. Anyway, I really hope that Gi Seok won't take the risk to be Si Hoon financial guarantor for his bank loan.  It would be a very big pressure on JI's family, especially on her! I also think, that GS probably tries to manipulate JI so that's why I'm afraid.

Can anyone de so kind and explain to me, what GS meant when he said to JI "Did I mention where you worked
the last time we met?
" (JI: I'm not sure. I don't remember. GS: I should tell him (Ji Ho) when we meet again and ask to bring you some snacks.) EP 7, at 06:59.

I think it doesn't make any sense - maybe if it would be: when you worked last time, we (GS and JH) met... And this "ask to bring you some snack" thing as well... What snack??? Why? I don't know :-(

It's really important to me because I'm translating the subs from English to Hungarian. Thanks in advance!!!

• Like 7

Have you noticed that GS won the last basket ball game which actually indicates that GS is on the losing end in reality? 

While JH won the first game, JI made it clear that she only wanted JH as a friend. The irony is that winning the game meant not getting the girl/losing the girl. Since JH lost the second game, he is about to get the girl... her heart is moving towards him more and more. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Oh, thank you very much @Lawyerh  :heart: It became totally clear!!! I can't express my gratitude enough! I just couldn't see the wood for the trees! Ashamed :huh:

In my country a lot of people love Korean dramas. Sometimes there are some on TV as well, but they're dubbed which any decent fan would hate :D There are fan pages too. However, it's a small country so...

Thank you again! Back to "work" :)

• Like 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Lawyerh said:

Im not Korean speaking, so I only can chipped in my thought. I think the sentence is right.

"I think GS was just surprised to see JH around library. So GS is just like talking to himself, if he ever told JH before, where is the JI workplace.

And to bring snacks, is just term for bring any food sometimes. And just to help take care of JI...."

And I'm glad you mentioned about the bank loan. Yes if GS help SH, it will tangled their relationship more. I suspect the drama will go this route :)

Btw so cool, good luck with your translation work to Hungarian, glad if the show can be recognized in Europe as well... :wub:

Yes, GS might use the loan in order to have a connection to JI's family. What he doesn't know is that LSI wants to get divorced but she has been postponing it, especially after the job offer. Don't forget that SH is using his wife for his own advantage so that GS believes that he has a good relationship with his wife. I doubt that SH will reveal to GS that LSI is thinking about divorcing. But I have been thinking that the meddling of GS in her life who supports her husband (increasing the amount of debts) could be the trigger for LSI to set the divorce in motion. I also think that her sister's happiness would be an important factor for her.  

• Like 7
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, tok-soompi said:

Finally!!!! Eng Sub for Entertainment Section interviewing Jung Hae In and Ji Min for Spring Night

Do you have any idea when they will release the ost? Specifically Osear(Oscar?) Durban’s spring rain and yamagata’s is it you? Been pining for it for so long. 

• Like 8
11 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, GS might use the loan in order to have a connection to JI's family. What he doesn't know is that LSI wants to get divorced but she has been postponing it, especially after the job offer. Don't forget that SH is using his wife for his own advantage so that GS believes that he has a good relationship with his wife. I doubt that SH will reveal to GS that LSI is thinking about divorcing. But I have been thinking that the meddling of GS in her life who supports her husband (increasing the amount of debts) could be the trigger for LSI to set the divorce in motion. I also think that her sister's happiness would be an important factor for her.  

Exactly. This is gonna backfire on him in a worse way. He is investing his time on the wrong person not to mention, he doesn't know his so-called friend is abusing his wife. The moment SI finds out about the loan stuff is the day she will file for the divorce. She would not want JI to be stuck with GS if he is willing to go behind her back and meddle in their household affairs when JI already broke up with him. 

I'm having a bad feeling about this scum-bag husband when he gets pushed to a corner. Hopefully she is out of that house and gets a restraining order against him just to be save:pensive:

• Like 10

Hi!! First post here... So i feel the same vibe of Something in the rain... Ji Ho's father and Jung In's mother were the female lead's Appa and Omma  in SITR... The locations are pretty similar and i love PDnim!! This plot is quite interesting and the sexual tension between OTP is enticing! But i have to say this: Maybe we wont get the same pretty hot kisses as SITR 'cause the cable is MBC...

BTW i trust Jung Hae In's sexy and sweet smile...:wub:

• Like 8
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, Dyslexic heart said:

Do you have any idea when they will release the ost? Specifically Osear(Oscar?) Durban’s spring rain and yamagata’s is it you? Been pining for it for so long. 

I feel you, that is my main goal currently aswell. Finding and waiting for the OST. :D 

Not much of a theory guy, so I just patiently wait for the upcoming episode, but not having the OST is killing me. SO many great songs in this drama.

32 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

I feel you, that is my main goal currently aswell. Finding and waiting for the OST. :D 

Not much of a theory guy, so I just patiently wait for the upcoming episode, but not having the OST is killing me. SO many great songs in this drama.

Yes. Perfect while driving alone in the rain. 

• Like 7
51 minutes ago, lu09 said:

Exactly. This is gonna backfire on him in a worse way. He is investing his time on the wrong person not to mention, he doesn't know his so-called friend is abusing his wife. The moment SI finds out about the loan stuff is the day she will file for the divorce. She would not want JI to be stuck with GS if he is willing to go behind her back and meddle in their household affairs when JI already broke up with him. 

I'm having a bad feeling about this scum-bag husband when he gets pushed to a corner. Hopefully she is out of that house and gets a restraining order against him just to be save:pensive:

I would like to point out that there is a huge difference between JH's world and GS's social circle. While JH has real good friends, GS is not able to have a single good friend. He uses his position and his money so that his alumni admire him. He likes being put on a pedestal but in reality, they are not real friends. They know, he has money and an important position hence they respect him. Yet he is very distanced from them: don't forget that he wanted to introduce his "fiancee" to them. They had never met her before. Even JH's friend treats GS well because he is his superior at work. Their relationship is based on work and on the same hobby (basket ball). They used to be studying at the same university. 

And with SH, it is the same. GS doesn't often call and meet SH. They only met because he needed something from him. So their friendship is really superficial, even his father warned his son. He knows that SH is not a good man, despite his manners and his social background. 

I also sense that the relationship between SH and his brother is not good. SH was irritated, when he heard that his brother would donate so much: jealousy was visible. I guess, there is a certain competition between them. Moreover, when SH declared that he became a dentist after meeting LSI, it clearly indicates that SH was the black sheep of the family. He was not a good student, he could only become a dentist, while his brother is a doctor. This contrasts so much with the relationship among the Lee sisters who are quite close in the end. There is no competition, each of them influence the others in a good way. There is no jealousy either. They protect each other too. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2019] Spring Night, 봄밤