[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

What's the chances that Shi An and Ryan Gold are siblings? Lee Sol maybe their mother? Very high i guess...

And man, Park MY is hot when she does kissing scenes.... bold... Ryan Gold (KJW) maybe worried about how serious she is into it... hahha... cute  episode...

And DM's  bestie - Seon Joo? - sounds like Park Seo Jun to me?:D

• Like 4

18 hours ago, mukgu_and_wookie said:

guys i have severe stm so imma need your help on this one 

Reveal hidden contents

towards the end of ep 3 SDM was saying that it wasn't easy for RG to apologize and RG says "I may not be very careful but I don't wanna be a coward." and SDM says "Did you hear me say that?" so my question is: When did SDM say that?

Because my stm is so severe it could have very well been ep 3 itself lol. Please help :) Thanks <3

he heard her say that Ryan isn't affectionate. It was when he was listening to them converse about the whole scandal situation with her colleagues and then Ryan bursts through the door when her colleagues wanted to see a picture with her boyfriend.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

I thought the first two episodes were a bit shaky, however the 3rd hit all the right notes for me, solidifying my interest in the drama. No matter how much I enjoy the privilege of seeing KJW as the lead in a rom-com for the first time, I can’t commit to a horribly shallow tv show till the end just for his sake. 

Some of my observations:

PMY’s whole “I’m your lady” sequence (including the spazzing afterwards at the cafe) was hi-lar-ious. I applaud her for showcasing all the emotions a fan feels at the chance to meet her favourite artist. She was looking at the elevator screen as if her life depended on it haha! I thought her forgiving the egg throwers was in character (her receiving the gifted umbrella meant for someone else and beating up Eun Gi defending the girl’s feelings ties in with this), though I don’t agree with her decision. They were firing with spring pistols I believe, and those things can make you lose an eye if not careful. This is no joke. I hope she learns that her safety is more important in this particular instance.

KJW’s portrayal of prickly Ryan is not overly cold and tyrannical. He definitely comes off as a sensible guy beneath the surface, and has difficulty showing affection due to his past trauma. The way he stood up for DM against the previous director was one of his shining points for me. In all their interactions he wasn’t macho, there was no manly possessiveness shown towards DM -something I hate in K-dramas. He’s liberal-minded about LGBT issues, saves DM from her work friends’ pestering with the good intention of helping out a closeted person keep their privacy. He knows how to apologise and doesn’t beat around the bush in an endeavour to maintain his ego. Umm excuse me, but the guy is awesome.

I hope the signs of SA’s being Ryan’s brother are false and no more than a red herring to fool us. Come on, don’t turn this into a melodrama.

Whoever styles KJW is doing a fab job, well done!

I’d like to see a bit more of the bff’s family dynamics crashing with her idol obsession. I have a suspicion the husband will riot in the coming episodes. 

What’s with the barista constantly dropping cups?

• Like 5

Park Seo Joon who? I only know Kim Jae Wook.

KJW and PMY seriously are so good at acting. Their chemistry is daebak and are both extremely gorgeous. The almost-kiss scene is so hot and funny at the same time when he asked if SJ is okay with the fake dating>< Then the way DM looked at the lost boy holding RG's finger is so cute, like a little family uwu. And SJ's son is adoooorable and such a brat!!

We finally know the real identity of EG and I'm pretty sure he's going to take a bold step in the future. (Just stay as her brother and let RG and DM build their romance pls im shipping them so much).

Appreciation post to KJW. You're the winner, my friend. This is just so. damn. smooth.

tumblr_pq6p2nw3qu1w99clso3_540.giftumblr_pq6p2nw3qu1w99clso4_r1_540.gif

• Like 11
  • LOL 2

Four episodes only and 25 pages already! The last time I noticed something like this was Hwarang. There were a dozen or so young good looking faces. 

Well this guy is good looking too but I saw him as a priest in The guest. I cannot get that picture out of my mind. This actress is so lucky, she was in secretary Kim with a great looking guy too. 

I have to leave and get that priest image out of my head. Meanwhile anyone who feels like recapping gets my eternal gratitude. :relieved:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, greezlybee said:

Park Seo Joon who? I only know Kim Jae Wook.

OMG your post made me laughing so much. Im not over PMY chemistry with PSJ as yet and it doesnt help that Deok Mi's  bestie name is Seon Joo. To me it sounds like he said Seo Joon :P

and another coincidence (I dont believe in coincidence lol!)...her exDirector boss secretary is also called Secretary Kim :D

What can I say? PMY has a real gift in developing a loving and believable chemistry with her male leads. 

1 hour ago, greezlybee said:

Appreciation post to KJW. You're the winner, my friend. This is just so. damn. smooth.

It was a smooth move. I loved how he put his hand against the wall to protect her from hitting her head. :wub: Their chemistry is SLOWLY sizzling and I cant imagine how hot it'll be when their kiss does happen and escalates further. hot2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862509

Spoiler

tumblr_pq6p2nw3qu1w99clso4_r1_540.gif

tumblr_pq6p2nw3qu1w99clso5_r1_540.gif

tumblr_pq6p2nw3qu1w99clso7_r1_540.gif

tumblr_pq6p2nw3qu1w99clso6_r1_540.gif

*Gulps*

tumblr_pq6p2nw3qu1w99clso8_r1_540.gif

cr. trendingkdrama in tumblr

Am I the only one whom was disappointed that it didnt happen :sweatingbullets:

Watching it live last night surely I wasnt the only one thinking like in Ryan's words devil-laugh-leaf-emoticon.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_ppswm3jva01xo6fk1o2_400.gif

@jeonghyang our dearest gifmaster how on earth did u cope?? and THANK YOU for live recapping the eps with your gifs and to @turtlegirl as well victory-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928625

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

I cannot remember who said it but EG having known her for 33 years and not saying anything is peak passive aggressive, however, I feel like while he has obviously had plenty of opportunities to declare his feelings for her and confess to her, I feel like he has remained quiet because of his family situation. That whole scene with his mother and DM's mother was very telling. He probably looks at DM's family, although a little weird, they are a complete family. Whereas his mother was a single mother, and maybe he hasn't made a play for her because of that. The whole single mother dynamic is still looked down upon in South Korea and I am sure 33 years ago, it was unheard of. This has probably been somewhat of complex for EG and thus he clings to DM's family. The problem is that this has backfired on him. Now, for sure, she only looks at him as a brother figure, with her family treating him the same way.

If EG was serious about her, he would've moved out but stayed nearby and declared his feelings. Her being this dedicated fan girl works in his favor because it is harmless but also keeps her distracted enough to not be out there actively dating. However, Ryan popping into the picture and showing obvious concern outside of a typical boss/employee relationship is shaking the table. Ryan is a formidable opponent. He is successful, well to do, and he is an artist, which outside of her fan girl obsession is the one thing that DM is heavily interested in. As much as we hate to see the eventual second lead acceptance of heartbreak, the overarching reason nothing has happened between DM and EG is because she just doesn't like him like that. It is so obvious. She really ONLY looks at him as a friend/brother. He knows this and has kept his feelings hidden because his feelings really are one-sided. Her mother knows it too, which is why she allows him to stay at the house. DM has already moved out, and her mother knows that even if she still lived there, her daughter doesn't see it for her friend's son.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 5
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know the song playing in this scene? I tried shazam but it gave me no results. My Korean is nonexistent and trying the English lyrics didn't work either. I'd be so grateful if someone could tell me.

• Like 3

I love that despite the misunderstandings Ryan and Deok Mi are becoming friends as they start to get to know each other. Inspite of Ryan thinking that DM and Sun Joo are having an affair, and that he totally misunderstands their friendship, he suggests a solution for the problem of DM's supposed relationship to SA created by Si An's agency. He wanted to help DM not just for her sake but for his museum project that has been already announced through the press and for Si An's sake. However, their fake prepping before the kiss at the wall was hotter than if they had kissed. Even Sun Joo was getting exited. Their conversation though was funny since Ryan misunderstood when he asked if DM's  friend does not mind being the fake paparazzo and DM says SJ is ok with it, and SJ likes everything she does but she does not want her to get married then Ryan asks how she can tolerate it and DM says because SJ has money and Ryan pushes her away disgusted and leaves. He then goes into the bathroom and talks to his mirror image saying that he really does not care about what goes on with DM's love affair. But since he is bothered, makes me think that he is beginning to care much more than a boss concerned for his underling.  

They started misjudging the other at the start but they are beginning to warm up as they get to know each other. In the park, I love how DM instinctively gets Ryan or how she intuitively understands Ryan's feelings and tries to calm or allay those feelings. When they were walking at the park, Ryan comments that there are many children in the park, then asks if DM had spent time playing at the amusement park. She said she did and every child in Seoul had probably had come to the park. Even though she knows little of his history, that he was adopted and gone abroad, DM understood his childhood longing that prompted his observation about children playing and his question if DM ever spent time at the park. DM looked at Ryan's wistful look and suggests for them to go to the rides. Even when he complained in the beginning, he still went along and by the end of rides he started laughing and responding. I love her candidness and trust in Ryan when she opened up about her goal to be a painter but could not when she broke her arm. She went to art school and got a career as a curator but what she really wanted to do was paint. Then she gave Ryan her drawing of him as the lion saying it might not be up to his high standard but it was her gift to him anyway. Well he looked at it for more than 3 minutes in fact he was looking at it when he got home to his apartment. I think that drawing will be displayed at his desk or his home. 

When they found the lost boy and Ryan held the little boy's hand while walking him to find his father, DM silently observed Ryan holding the boys hand. While they were walking at the park, DM told Ryan that he did not mind holding hands with the boy. I love that Ryan was so open about telling DM that it was not the holding hands that he did not like, but it was the letting go of the hand. That revealed a lot about himself and that he told DM says a lot about his trust in DM. I love DM's reply more when she said that her hand was always available if Ryan ever needed a hand to hold. I can't wait for Ryan to know the relationship of the girls that they are friends and not lovers because then he will let his feelings for DM fly. 

As for DM's fangirling, I hope that DM gets to know SA through the project with Ryan. She will realize that SA is human who is just like any other, has problems, has inadequacies and needs support from fans and not idolization. When she realizes that, I am hoping that she will be one who will speak out against idol worshipping and spell the difference between idolization and being a fan. For example the fan of RG who asked for his autograph and asked when RG will work again as an artist because she admires his work. That is being a fan. Admiring a writer or an actor for their work and wishing them well in their projects, Admiring someone for their excellence is being a fan. Idol worship is fantasizing about the idol, delving into the private lives and stalking them and their friends or girlfriends and stoning their love interest. Hopefully DM will take down that cardboard image of SA without feeling guilt and encourage SA for his good work as a fan. 

I might get a lot of flak for this but am posting a part of an article about Idol or Celebrity Worship Syndrome. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3960781/

Celebrity worship—is it more than just being a casual fan? To explore this question, a number of scales have been developed to assess celebrity adulation. The most prevalent scale of this type in the literature is the Celebrity Attitudes Scale. Using these types of scales, investigators findings reveal that individuals with high scores on celebrity-worship scales tend to display a number of psychosocial characteristics. For example, these individuals may harbor concerns about body image (particularly young adolescents), be more prone to cosmetic surgery, and have a personality style characterized by sensation-seeking, cognitive rigidity, identity diffusion, and poor interpersonal boundaries. Likewise, celebrity worshippers may exhibit narcissistic features, dissociation, addictive tendencies, stalking behavior, and compulsive buying. Studies also indicate that individuals with high levels of celebrity worship are more likely to have poorer mental health as well as clinical symptoms of depression, anxiety, and social dysfunction. Of note, no study to date has examined celebrity worshippers for bona fide Axis I and II psychiatric disorders. However, given that celebrity worship exists along a continuum, it appears that being on the high end of this continuum is likely to be associated with a number of potential psychological maladies.

Examples of these psychological maladies have been shown in the drama already. The stalking, fans thinking that their "idol" owes them undying love, the stoning of DM at the wall, the girl who almost caused an accident because she was depressed and angry that her "idol" has a love interest and even DM saying that SA should make them feel that he loves only them... that is madness. They really need to stop using the word idol...

• Like 7

What a great start to a drama! It's funny, has a good mysterious storyline starting to emerge and it's even better that it's something a lot of us fangirls can relate to haha the misunderstandings are just hilarious and the chemistry is already off the charts!

Park Min Young is just stunning.. she really won me over after City Hunter and just continues to shine in every role she's in. She's also one of the few actresses that you can literally ship with every single one of her costars (and what an insanely handsome list of costars she's had :wub:).

I remember Kim Jae Wook from Coffee Prince and have always thought he was good looking but my gawd watching him in this drama, I'm like drooling haha he is SMOKING!

Super excited to continue watching, I definitely think this will be my next drama addiction and looking forward to more sizzling hot chemistry and hilarious moments!

• Like 7

18 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

I cannot remember who said it but EG having known her for 33 years and not saying anything is peak passive aggressive, however, I feel like while he has obviously had plenty of opportunities to declare his feelings for her and confess to her, I feel like he has remained quiet because of his family situation. That whole scene with his mother and DM's mother was very telling. He probably looks at DM's family, although a little weird, they are a complete family. Whereas his mother was a single mother, and maybe he hasn't made a play for her because of that. The whole single mother dynamic is still looked down upon in South Korea and I am sure 33 years ago, it was unheard of. This has probably been somewhat of complex for EG and thus he clings to DM's family. The problem is that this has backfired on him. Now, for sure, she only looks at him as a brother figure, with her family treating him the same way.

If EG was serious about her, he would've moved out but stayed nearby and declared his feelings. Her being this dedicated fan girl works in his favor because it is harmless but also keeps her distracted enough to not be out there actively dating. However, Ryan popping into the picture and showing obvious concern outside of a typical boss/employee relationship is shaking the table. Ryan is a formidable opponent. He is successful, well to do, and he is an artist, which outside of her fan girl obsession is the one thing that DM is heavily interested in. As much as we hate to see the eventual second lead acceptance of heartbreak, the overarching reason nothing has happened between DM and EG is because she just doesn't like him like that. It is so obvious. She really ONLY looks at him as a friend/brother. He knows this and has kept his feelings hidden because his feelings really are one-sided. Her mother knows it too, which is why she allows him to stay at the house. DM has already moved out, and her mother knows that even if she still lived there, her daughter doesn't see it for her friend's son.

Hehe that was me! I wish they didn’t make Eun Gi what looks to be a passive aggressive second lead. It was really petty of him to use SJ's soon to fix with his insecurity knowing that DM was with Ryan for a "date". And SJ being the savage friend she is with "Aren't you a little too old to be playing house?"
He really has no chance, and I wish they didn’t have to make his character like that. Why couldn’t he just have stayed as the older brother who supports Deok Mi’s happiness :tears:? And we know he will, but having to watch him suffer through that and knowing how it will affect the dynamic between him and DM...

Anyways, you worded all that I wanted to say so beautifully! I think it’s going to be very hard for him to separate himself as DM’s dependable older brother to EG, a man who wants to present himself to her. Maybe it was the way he became upset about SJ leaving DM alone with Ryan at the park, or the way he asked her why it couldn’t be him (which flew over DM’s head tbh). I would have rather had the second female lead alone and not have made it a love square. I think what disappoints me a little is how they used the fact that DM was a fangirl who was too busy to be bothered dating as a way for him to keep her safely by his side, which is TRUE but am I wrong for interpreting it as him taking advantage of that fact? I will continue to excuse him because of his complex family dynamic but I hope my opinion of his character doesn’t change any more than this. 

@Kasmic Thanks for sharing these swoon worthy GIFs!!! My favorite hobby must be looking to deeply into things, but I just really loved the wall scene, maybe even more than the park HAHA. Apart from the chemistry, this small scene really made me feel how much trust they have in each other. Here’s Ryan and Deok Mi who barely know each other, lowering their guard for one another in such an intimate moment. And I think it was so interesting how quickly Deok Mi put her face in front of his with no hesitation, and how Ryan naturally followed suit. The way they are naturally so drawn to each other is so palpable and it makes me squeal seeing how much they don’t even realize it yet. Oh gosh, we’re all going to have such a hard time when they actually finally kiss. Can’t wait!!!

@zenya22 You said everything I wanted to say and more! Thank you for your wonderful post!!! Their trust in each other is what really set their chemistry in stone for me :wub:

• Like 7

What a lovely 3-4 ep.
I enjoyed watching the drama! I like everything here, everything, everything, everything ...
Like the chemistry between Ryan and DM. Let them not be together yet, let him think that she likes girls, but there is already such a close connection between them ... Their embraces, the way they hold hands, the conversations ... Development is very fast!:wub:
Like the story of the "brother" DM. He is so good ... But, as always, he missed the moment, now he will bite his elbows. I hope the friendship between them will not disappear when the “brother” confesses to DM in love.^_^

I like the friendship of two fans and all the fan stories. After all, the truth is shown. How not to begin to talk about the lives of fans, before my eyes articles about this stand up, where it was all described. By the way, I hope they later become friends with Cindy too. Yes, while she is evil, but I think, then they will show her good side.
And of course, I like the idol ... He had very original consequences of drinking! Cool, he swam across the floor ...:joy: Gorgeous! They will have a powerful bromance!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Watch: Park Min Young And Kim Jae Wook Make Hearts Flutters In “Her Private Life” Making Video

by L. Kim
4f5239c757e844f79c935f3494e8faed.jpeg?s=

tvN’s “Her Private Life” has shared a new making video!

The romantic comedy tells the story of Sung Duk Mi (played by Park Min Young), a professional curator at an art gallery, and her prickly boss Ryan Gold (played by Kim Jae Wook).

The video first follows Park Min Young and Kim Jae Wook on their date to the amusement park. They immerse into their characters and film the scene where they take pictures with a lion statue. Park Min Young commands Kim Jae Wook to smile instead of frown, and Kim Jae Wook smiles awkwardly as he poses with a “V” sign. Then he takes photos for her and dryly comments, “You look pretty. Yes, you’re pretty.”

Then, the two lead actors share cotton candy together and can’t stop fooling around with the sweet pink treat. Park Min Young scolds Kim Jae Wook for eating the cotton candy directly with his mouth, and he suggests they split it in half. Despite their quarreling, they enjoy the cotton candy even during their break.

When they go on the merry-go-round, Park Min Young starts making up lines that weren’t in the script. She takes pictures of Kim Jae Wook and asks, “Can’t you ride [the horse] more coolly? Haven’t you watched historical dramas before? Do you not watch them in America?” Once cameras stop rolling, Kim Jae Wook praises her for her clever comments.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1318933wpp/watch-park-min-young-and-kim-jae-wook-make-hearts-flutters-in-her-private-life-making-video
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1