[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

2 hours ago, blademan said:

Was it mentioned??

In episode 2. He refers to DM's mother as 'your' mother when they had a conversation in the cafe with SJ. It mentioned that he is DM childhood friend. They both grew up together and he lives her parents up to now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First of all Park Min Young squeeing in Happiness is probably my favorite thing right now.

She is just dang on point and adorbs

Second FINALLY Kim Jae Wook is a leading man!!

ITS time people:glasses:

I think this drama is such a big fluff and so far has established the characters.

I really hope it sheds light on the Fangirl/boy culture because " yes it can be stalkerish and obsessive" but its also " healing " sort of for those doing it. Like anything and everything there are both good and bad sides and I hope this drama covers them.

As a devoted DRAMA fan girl myself, I cant help but smile at Doek Mi's enthusiasm.

Looking forward to this ride. :love:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kenrei said:

I actually thought her curator skills were shown when she quickly handled the mold issue in the painting. As a curator, she knows how to take care of her collections. But if you’re referring to skills related to art acquisitions, it seems she’s not just given the opportunity yet as her ideas were always shunned because the lady director doesn’t listen to her but doesn’t know any better. It was rightly pointed out by Ryan in China when DM bid for a painting by a famous artist but apparently w/ diminished skills so the value was really less than it was paid for. That’s why I’m glad RG is the new director as I’m hoping he’ll let DM do her job at the same time guide her since she still has a lot to learn.

Agree,  I really hope the drama explores and put emphasis on her passion + ability as a curator. She did graduate from art university. Although her fangirl life is quite enjoyable and fun to watch, I would love to see more sequences w/ her diligence+ capability more in the art process/curator/exhibition aspect in the show. 

The other thing to note is how she wanted the art

piece by Lee Sol not because of it's own values/merits but because of SA. So I do hope the writing delves into

her art passion. I think she can learn from RG as

well. DM can definitely help him w/his internal conflicts. He seem really at ease when she stay by his side in the hospital room. RG realizing/finding out DM fangirl life is going to be so outrageously funny. I love the part when she was repenting imaginatively in her head when she had to lie about hating idol boys.

• Like 1

Ah, the photo from school clearly shows that DM’s brother doesn’t treat her like relative. Love is clearly visible! I don't want a love triangle here with him and Ryan. Better to let bromance ... :wub:

Although it’s too early to talk about it, Ryan thinks that DM loves girls ...:lol:

• LOL 1

Park Min Young And “The Fiery Priest” Top Rankings For Most Buzzworthy Actors And Dramas

by J. Lim

97b0f1ab1ff04bb098c147c1128d1b21.jpeg?s=

The Good Data Corporation released their weekly ratings for the most buzzworthy dramas and cast members on April 16.

The company analyzed 25 dramas that are currently on air or are set to air soon from April 8 to April 14. They took into consideration news articles, blogs, online community forums, videos, and social media buzz to calculate their results.

For actors, Park Min Young entered the rankings in first place for her role in “Her Private Life.” She is being praised for creating a relatable character, taking the concept of being an idol fan, which is a unique topic in the drama world, and making it her own. Her co-star Kim Jae Wook came in fourth place for his role as Ryan Gold.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1317876wpp/park-min-young-and-the-fiery-priest-top-rankings-for-most-buzzworthy-actors-and-dramas

Park Min Young And Ahn Bo Hyun Show Off Their Lively Chemistry As Childhood Friends In “Her Private Life”

by sala12
8376638e24234967898bc351022c3e8e.jpeg?s=

Sung Duk Mi (played by Park Min Young) and Nam Eun Ki (played by Ahn Bo Hyun) battle over an umbrella in “Her Private Life”!

tvN’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “Her Private Life” has received much attention from the get-go for the actors’ incredible chemistry and the drama’s unique subject. On April 16, the drama revealed new stills of Sung Duk Mi and Nam Eun Ki from their time in high school, highlighting their playful childhood friendship.

n the revealed stills, Sung Duk Mi has her hand stretched out as if to receive the umbrella, but Nam Eun Ki raises the umbrella high to avoid Sung Duk Mi’s hand. Nam Eun Ki appears to be teasing Sung Duk Mi by contemplating whether or not to give her the umbrella, showcasing their undeniably close friendship.

Ahn-Bo-Hyun-Park-Min-Young-2.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1317802wpp/park-min-young-ahn-bo-hyun-show-off-their-lively-chemistry-as-childhood-friends-in-her-private-life

Kim Jae Wook Strikes An Awkward Smile While Posing With A Lion For “Her Private Life”

Spoiler

ad1f4210d81f48108152f82ef81850ac.jpeg?s=

tvN has released adorable photos of Kim Jae Wook posing with a lion sculpture!

The new Wednesday-Thursday drama “Her Private Life” tells the story of Sung Duk Mi (played by Park Min Young), who lives a double life as both a professional art gallery curator and an idol fan, and her prickly boss Ryan Gold (played by Kim Jae Wook).

In the first two episodes of “Her Private Life” which aired last week, Kim Jae Wook captivated viewers with his cute charms hidden behind his perfect and prickly personality. One of the highlight scenes from the previous week is the scene in which Kim Jae Wook rebukes himself for his intolerance while looking in the mirror after misunderstanding Park Min Young and Park Jin Joo‘s relationship.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1317817wpp/kim-jae-wook-strikes-an-awkward-smile-while-posing-with-a-lion-for-her-private-life
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Friendly kitty said:

Ah, the photo from school clearly shows that DM’s brother doesn’t treat her like relative. Love is clearly visible! I don't want a love triangle here with him and Ryan. Better to let bromance ... :wub:

Although it’s too early to talk about it, Ryan thinks that DM loves girls ...:lol:

There’s definitely a one-sided love here. SDM is so focused on SA then RG comes along so EG is pretty much at the far end of the line. But I love their relationship and I already have a soft spot for him. I got so many lol moments on their scenes and you can see he cares about her.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 9:36 AM, stroppyse said:

Btw, I agree that Ryan is just amazingly gorgeous! @Ayame, are you watching this drama? If not, you totally should, just for Kim Jae Wook's role of Ryan alone! Though, the whole drama is actually pretty entertaining.

Oh hey, sorry for not replying earlier. Yeah, I've been meaning to watch this drama, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll start soon. ^^ Looking at the responses so far, it does seem pretty good though.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, classyviews said:

First of all Park Min Young squeeing in Happiness is probably my favorite thing right now.

She is just dang on point and adorbs

Second FINALLY Kim Jae Wook is a leading man!!

ITS time people:glasses:

I think this drama is such a big fluff and so far has established the characters.

I really hope it sheds light on the Fangirl/boy culture because " yes it can be stalkerish and obsessive" but its also " healing " sort of for those doing it. Like anything and everything there are both good and bad sides and I hope this drama covers them.

As a devoted DRAMA fan girl myself, I cant help but smile at Doek Mi's enthusiasm.

Looking forward to this ride. :love:

Same. Really adore DM optimistic nature. Not fond of pessimistic characters so I love that DM is bright/outspoken and has alot of personality. I find her enthusiasm endearing, although like you said, I hope the drama explores the upside/downside to fandom/fan obsession and the psyche behind it. 

The first drama of PMY I watched was WWWSK.

Was never a fan/care much for her acting/filmography.

She really won me over in WWWSK. I like/enjoy

her character in HPL much more because she's imperfect and relatable(in terms of fangirlism

/passionate hobbies) and has alot more agency as an individual who does things for herself. PMY really carries the show here. I'm really happy KJW finally

have his first lead role and hes quite fun here too.

Not overly cartoonish/brash and loud for a male lead.There's a balance to RG's characterzation which

is nice, since most male lead in romcoms tends to be frustratingly annoying/offputting to me.

• Like 3

Her Private Life: Episode 1

by CandidClown

HPL01-01426.jpg

Is there anything more loving, or more deadly, than a true fangirl? TVNs new drama, Her Private Life, gives us a glimpse into the world of a devoted fan and the double life she leads to conceal her idol passion. It’s chaos, it’s loyalty, it’s giggles and tears, but most of all, it’s love.

(Please note this is just a first episode recap.)

more

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/04/her-private-life-episode-1/

• Like 4
  • Love 1