[Drama 2018-2019] SKY Castle, SKY 캐슬

0ly40

16 hours ago, loopo said:

IT JUST HIT ME ITS THE LAST WEEK OF SKY CASTLE, FREAKIN LAST 2 EPISODES, IM NOT READY FOR THIS TO END YET

Okay it's my fault I didn't read the news whatsoever about the rescheduling, here I am wasting almost 10 mins of my life looking for episode 10 to pop out but with no luck comes the realization that maybe just maybe it is rescheduled and Viola my subsconscious mind was right soooo> can't wait for tomorrow :D:D:D:D:DD 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not type in capital letters only, thanks!
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

I have been quietly lurking in this thread.... but now I need to share with everyone that.....

I think I am going insane because I have to wait another week for final episode! :weary:

JTBC seems to try to comfort the viewers by giving us episode 19 for 1 hour 25 minutes!

Spoiler

Woo Joo is finally released because HSJ finally come to her senses and give all evidences to the police. The scene between Coach Kim and her daughter, Kay is sooooo heart-wrenching! :dissapointed_relieved:

But, I wonder what will be the conclusion for the Cha's family.:huh: Prof Cha looks like still not giving up his darn pyramid! (I thought he will just left the pyramid with ramyeon spread, instead he still pickup the wet-tissue and clean it reverently..duh! <_<).. even after CSJ/CKJ said straight to his face that they are happier without him!

Will he be the most disappointing character of all (showing not a slightest change at all)? OR will he learn his lesson and change his perspective (at least, not imposing the idea about the pyramid hierarchy and that the twins must enter SNU anymore)? -_-

I am so mad I can't even wish for next week to come faster for the final episode because I have some works to be done that I want the time to pass slower :weary:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, ellelyana88 said:

But, I wonder what will be the conclusion for the Cha's family.:huh: Prof Cha looks like still not giving up his darn pyramid! (I thought he will just left the pyramid with ramyeon spread, instead he still pickup the wet-tissue and clean it reverently..duh! <_<).. even after CSJ/CKJ said straight to his face that they are happier without him!

Will he be the most disappointing character of all (showing not a slightest change at all)? OR will he learn his lesson and change his perspective (at least, not imposing the idea about the pyramid hierarchy and that the twins must enter SNU anymore)? -_-

I have my bet on he will change and the Cha family will move back in together haha. Just that a person can't change his spots so quickly, so this shock treatment will take time to change him, I think.

Spoiler

That epilogue though!! I saw some comments thinking HyeNa was still alive, but I'm pretty sure that's more likely a scene from the past. How are they going to build this into unravelling the final story as to how HyeNa died. I'm so intrigued but have to wait another week?? Seriously daebak Sky Castle writers! They really know how to reel the viewers in to tune in next week.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

I have my bet on he will change and the Cha family will move back in together haha. Just that a person can't change his spots so quickly, so this shock treatment will take time to change him, I think.

Yea, I didn't expect him to change his whole perspective overnight too. But, yeah, at least the final episode could show his willingness to give some freedom to his children to choose their path. Or at least show that Madam Cha not hanging up his call halfway anymore and he no more enforcing his patriarchal demeanor and could talk sensibly while trying to persuade them to come home. Haha! :lol:

47 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

That epilogue though!! I saw some comments thinking HyeNa was still alive, but I'm pretty sure that's more likely a scene from the past. How are they going to build this into unravelling the final story as to how HyeNa died. I'm so intrigued but have to wait another week?? Seriously daebak Sky Castle writers! They really know how to reel the viewers in to tune in next week.

No, Hyena is not alive. It was a scene in the past (I think), probably through HSJ memory when Coach Kim cynically told HSJ off that she also want to kill Hyena. In my opinion, that epilogue might want to show that, in a way (probably that one time), HSJ did have motherly feeling to Hyena when she sees how vulnerable Hyena can be, dreaming and missing her deceased mother. Probably to redeem HSJ's character that she was not all wicked and vicious to Hyena, but circumstances have made her viewing Hyena as threat and made bad choices in the name of protecting her own blood. -_-

Btw, since SK lost to Qatar yesterday, does that mean we will have the final episode on Feb 1? Or is there any other scheduled match for SK on Feb 1?

• Like 2

In the end, HSJ listened to her conscience and together with YS accepted their wrong and do the right thing.. WJ is finally released!

Many would think that they should have been doing that since the beginning. I too feel the same and frustrated with how they acted. When I thought about it over and over, especially the confrontation of KJS and his mother in ep 18, I realized that HSJ acted that way because she was influenced by her mother-in-law and she also influenced how YS acts.

The moment KJS tried and broke free from his mother grasp, so do his family.

Why can't they give Yebin more lines? Hers are very refreshing and opening others' mind effectively.. *clap* *clap* *clap*

Yebin to her mom : What is the use for me taking the tutor class? What should I study? Because I can get the perfect score after stealing the exam papers

Yebin to her grandmother : If you really want it, then you should be the one who go there (to the university)

spoiler for ep 19

The struggle that HSJ and YS had to face before making a hard decision

Spoiler

HSJ still afraid what others will think and how they will react if she revealed about the truth of the stolen exam. She kept hypnotizing herself that YS shouldn't sacrificed her future.

LSI tried to open HSJ mind about the real reason of Coach Kim actions. It won't end well for YS. She told the fact that KJY has ruined her previous students' life and if HSJ didn't change it immediately, she and YS probably would take the same path

YS is so stressed with with guilt and scared what others will think of her when the secret is revealed to others. 

Both mother and daughter, sit side by side to talk about their decision. Even though it's hard, even if they have to sacrificed anything they have done, even though their future isn't as bright as before, they believe it's a right thing to do. For WJ, for HN... and for themselves.

• Like 5

The most touching scene in this episode for me is Woo-Joo's outburst when Seo Jin and Joon Sang came to apologize. His dad wisely advises him to just do whatever feels right for him and do what his heart tells him.

I am quite surprised when Joo Young asked Seo Jin at the end whether she is sure that she will not regret it, then asking "do you think you had nothing to do with her death?". What a final cliffhanger and preview/epilogue, then we will have to wait for about a week before final episode.

We have been shown that it is extremely difficult for people to change. We can reflect it to ourselves for other traits and characters. Some of us may hope that Prof. Cha will change and re-unite with his family. Personally, whether it is going to happen or not, it is more important for us to learn about it. Hopefully the finale will be strong to convey its messages and leave deep and long-lasting impression to the viewers.

"We are happy living without you"

"You're the most pitiful of us all. You're an utter failure. You're rock bottom. zero marks"

"Why is that a must? Why should I think like you?"

"If you wanted it that much. you should've gone to med school"

p/s: Since Korean team has lost to Qatar in quarter-final match, then final episode may be broadcast on Friday. Edit: Epilogue/preview on JTBC's youtube page stated that it will air on Friday, Feb 1.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 12/18/2018 at 9:45 AM, justamom said:

@sadiesmith @h2ogirl come come watch with me! @40somethingahjumma @chickfactor @oldschooler This might be up your alley too

You got me hooked on this now, you wicked thing. :D (I'm still on Ep. 10.)

Let's throw a Sky-Castle-themed party. I'll bring the fancy china.

Someone bring wine!

Everyone bring their sense of entitlements!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

This drama is really daebak. I watch it because i'm curious why it's so booming since i'm quite disappointed with goblin <_<

N I don't regret to watch it quite late since i can watch 18 episode in 1-2 days :D

This drama is a satire of education system in Korea but i learn several things & reflect my own life as a student

Life, indeed, is a pyramid like prof cha said. The most likely chance to climb to the top legally is by education. However, not everybody wants to be in the top, some are quite happy being in the middle, like yehbin's friend :D (forget his name ^_^) n succees can't be measured only by being in the top (what's the point of it if u are alone & sacrifice everything like Prof Cha)

I notice that Most people here dislike suhjin, well, not me, I quite like her. She's realistic. Change yourself is not easy, especially to fight your own greed. Look at Coach Kim, she was greedy too until ruin her & her family's life, then tries to ruin others too. At least, suhjin learns from his husband & reflects from yehsuh's suffer.

It's very unusual to have main character like her in the drama, most main characters are nice & helplessly bullied by antagonists :lol:

However, I find myself more & more dislike woohjo’s parents. In the beginning, i like them because they seem normal, nice & warm people. But seriously, that's all u can do to save ur son??:blink: Their lawyer is useless.

But then, does the drama try to tell us that average, low-middle class people can't change or do anything until rich & powerful people repent & redeem theirselves?:huh:

I'm also speechless with yehsuh's grandma, how come u feel nothing when your own son plead your love & blame you for being lost, & still demand your granddaughter to enter SNU?:sweatingbullets:

There are also some good & beautiful quotes in the drama. In the recent episode: we'll do it slowly & properly.

The statement is really good, sometimes we compare ourself with others, why we can't be succeed as them, why we can't achieved something quickly. 

Sometimes we are too focus in the result rather than the progress. 

N hyena, wow, she’s beyond crazy by entering yehsuh’s home, using woohjo’s feeling & threatening Coach Kim ^_^. Maybe because she had nothing to lose. But in the end, she's only a lonely child who wants to get love. We can see it in the preview, hopefully her screen-time will be not too short in the last episode. Funny thing is that she's quite similar with suhjin. Manipulative & determinded. Too bad, she was died. I want to know what will happen to her if she is succeed being a part of Kang’s family & how she deals with her wicked grandma :lol:

In the recent episode, we can see the interaction of Coach Kim & Kay. I understand now why she never visits Kay & only sees her from far away. :unsure:

However, I don't understand why she wants to ruin other families' life. She wants everybody suffering like her? I understand better if she wants to substitute her daughter with the smartest kid. But, it's not the case

Since it's only a drama, I believe that Prof Cha will compromise with his family.

But will suhjin suicide? Coach Kim is manipulative as always, Will she success to ruin the life of her last client?

N i'm really wondering how did hyena die. So good job, writer-him, we have to wait another week to find out

Lastly, The acting of all actors are really awesome. Even, adult Kay acts very good. Too bad, it's in the cable tv, otherwise, the actors will get daesang awards. Hopefully, jtbc will hold it own drama award like tvn

In the end, sorry If i write too long:ph34r:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just finished watching episode 19, wtf???? That cliffhanger though, near the end I was wondering "what about Hyena?" then boom never have I ever felt this series would end but :( last episode otw, kinda wish they would release special episodes kinda like those series with high ratings occupying a least one more weekend for special episodes :).

SPOILER ALERT SORT OF ******

The most heartbreaking moment for me this episode was when Suh-jin found Yeh-suh at her wit's end, I felt Yeh-suh's emotion of being in the brink almost losing it and Suh-jin watching her child just break down. I was almost in tears, that scene felt good as much as it felt sad. Tbh, I don't need a redemption arc for the twin's dad or Ebi's mom I want their characters to stay the same since I think they're just so sucked in by their own ambitions that there is just no escaping it. 

Kay was also a strong point this episode, the flashback was short but it was more than enough to know the situation that Coach's family was going through. Was kinda sad that Kay was blaming herself for her family's breaking that deep inside a very young girl was subjected to that kind of environment. Mr. Jo's story was meh couldn't care less it was just like it was just thrown in there that Coach saved him from his vices. Really really sad about Kay, hearing her talk about Little Prince was just so child-like and appropriate for her age.

I think we should all join forces and give the cast and the team one last hurrah, to everyone who can watch it live on the television please turn on as much TV as you can and turn it to JTBC and give them the ratings they deserve. Do it for the cast, do it for the children who are suffering and to whom the drama is dedicated for. Episode 20 I can't :( 

7 hours ago, lilcrash said:

Yesterday morning they filmed Happy Together 4, the episode will be broadcasted on 31 January 2019.

cr. http://tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/read.php3?aid=15484801851431565002

Some pictures of the wrap up party from last night.

More pictures

Reveal hidden contents

WTH is Woo Joo's dad wearing? Sky Castle's residents doesn't approve!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 5

I love We all lie slow version. Been waiting for it to come out since the scene where HyeNa was trying to call out to Prof Kang when she was injured. 

I'm hoping the epilogue scene from ep 19 turns into another strong scene (like how ep 18's was for Coach Kim and Kay) for both HSJ and HyeNa. But honestly I find it hard for me to fully like HSJ... sure she turned everything in to the police at the end, but at the start of the ep, she was all for persisting through and letting WJ suffer in jail for another semester. And she knew WJ would be the scapegoat even before he got arrested. That's why I enjoyed WJ's outburst against her, even if his outburst was mostly about HyeNa... 

I love the Cha twins' mum. She turned out to be such a strong character. Just like HSJ, she's doing everything for her children but in a different way. Protecting them from the constant pressure of academic excellence, overbearing father. But the twins' scenes were such comedic relief today, from their meal with their dad, I was facepalming as much as KiJoon.  JinJin as well, she's gossipy but not a bad person. 

I feel like the show is showing how much people can end up being a victim of their own environment. I like YeSeo now, but she was such an arrogant brat at the start, that I think had a big contribution to the hostility between her and HyeNa. That ended very badly, but YeSeo had the chance to show growth now, when all the factors around her started working against her, rather than for her. For HyeNa, I think she could have been a decent girl, judging by her interactions with YeBin which I honestly don't think were driven by ill intentions, and how she stood against the "unfair" society. But she had to find ways to earn money to survive among manipulative adults, not falter when going against HSJ in her house, which all turned her into who she became before she died.

Speculation - do you think it was the teacher that was leaking exam papers to Coach Kim that killed HyeNa? I feel like he's another possibility - he didn't like HyeNa after she called him out during class and they could have bought off the guard to let him in.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Just a part of the OST Endless Night

When there's light,

life is beautiful.

When you are fine,

you can be sure.

As the drama ending, we see more light encompassing the characters.The scenes are truly shot beautifully.

Even though I cried my heart scene after scene, episode 19 is my favorite.

WtFGpDw.jpg

I love how we slowly see glimpses of Coach Kim's past, especially in the last two episodes. Just like in real life, it takes time to discover about someone's past when that person like Coach Kim seems to be stoic and stands her guard at all times. Because she slowly closed up herself, she mentally and physically put her daughter within those barriers, too.

In Coach Kim's own words, she says that mothers are selfish beings.

"Mothers who have children are the most selfish people on earth.

And at the same time, they're the easiest to control.

Jung Min's mother, Young Jae's mother, and Ye Suh's mother...

those women who use their kids to fulfill their greed.

They act all high and noble, but to me, they're nothing."

Her words are so strikingly powerful and straight to the point, but she fails to see her own situation. She is selfish herself. She rooted herself into the vicious cycle of the education system past and present. Kay had trouble adjusting in college and was stressed out about competing with students who are 10 years older than her! She instilled those education requirements and expectations on her own child. 

That is why the scene between Coach Kim and Kay in the present day was heart wrenching. Props to the actresses who made that scene so raw and real. Kay sobs, gets nervous and cries to her mom that she will study. She does not want to upset her mother. And this is probably the only time when we see Coach Kim break down. It is even more heart wrenching when she tells Kay that she does not need to study anymore. Oh  :dissapointed_relieved:

UXCo4c4.jpg

Notice that the glimpses of her past are ALL sad, conflicted moments to the viewer. Because of Coach Kim interprets success and failure with her past, she guides children with fear. She plays with mothers' insecurities and fears. Eventually, she sees those mothers as nothing because after all she is playing the chess game herself. She is putting herself in the vicious cycle of wanting power and honor.

On the contrary, thankfully, Ye suh's mom has conscious and loves her daughter. She thought about the situation from dusk to dawn, and lo and behold, the accompanying lyrics (see beginning of the post) of the OST Endless Night hints at the character's development. She thinks for herself and her daughter. She had a heart to heart conversation with her daughter. :heart: They talked it out and ended up crying, hugging and telling each other that they love each other! I mean what's more important than love?! The love transcends when we see KMH and JS finally apologize to each other and take responsibility together as a couple and as individual human beings. It is beautiful to see them go through difficult times together and not yell and blame each other for rising problems. 

P7uY1br.jpg

On the other hand, the Cha family has a wonderful mom who embraces her children. Professor Cha is still one sided and he believes that he can provide "the best" environment for his kids to study. Unfortunately, he lives in his past and fails to see what his children truly need. It will take time for his character to get out of this system because right now his ego is damaged. I do hope his loneliness will wake his spirit up. I hope he will learn to live in the present and embrace his family members because those are the people he needs in his life!

When it comes to cherishing people, Woojoo's family does it somewhat. My only complaint is that their family seems more like a plot device in the Sky Castle. Otherwise, I will like to share one of my favorite quotes:

"Yesterday's the past,

tomorrow's the future, but

today's a gift. 

That's why it's called the present." 

I hope these words and the drama itself will teach everyone to live in the present and embrace others. 

• Like 7