Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

PhotoGrid_1546951601489.jpg

 

201901071937204110_6_20190107194933781.j

 

My eyes are gritty after I just marathon watched this riveting drama.  Ironically, a huge scandal appeared on TV and in the news today, "Massive college admissions cheating scandal snares Hollywood stars Lori Loughlin, Felicity Huffman" describing a scam among the elites that involve bribe payment for their children into elite colleges, including Yale, Stanford, Georgetown and the University of Southern California.  Lori Loughlin and her husband paid $500,000 for their three daughters to be included in a rowing crew.  

 

This drama depicted parenting to the extreme.  It's chilling to realize that there are parents like Han Seo Jin and her ilk who would go to excessive measures to ensure the acceptance of their children to medical school.  In their blind ambition, they were easy prey to Kim Joo Young who turned out to be a manipulative, crazed lunatic bent on breaking families to ease her own personal pain.  

 

The finale was, for me, a bit disappointing.  It was too neatly tied in a bow considering the horrendous circumstances that resulted in the death of Kim Hye Na.  Han Seo Jin keeping KHN's identity from her husband, her cruelty towards KHN, her complicity in the cover up of the leaked test questions that led to KHN's death was unforgivable (even if at the end, she relented and reported the crime to the police).  Her actions warranted her husband leaving her.  Kang Joon Sang did not exhibit enough remorse after he learned that he killed his own daughter.  He shed a few tears, promptly went back to his amoral wife and played happy family with their daughters.  Resigning from his job to assuage his guilt was not enough to compensate for his throwing out his daughter from the OR.  Instead of his colleagues asking him to stay, they should have condemned his action.  Afterall, who wants to have a doctor who makes critical decisions based on political gain?  At best, he was a mediocre doctor with a trail of complaints from his patients.  

 

Again,  Lee So Im, No Seung Hye, Jin Jin Hee playing kumbaya with HSJ right after they discovered her part in the crime (she should have been indicted as a co-conspirator) was problematic for me.  

 

Sky Castle will be added to the list of my favorite Korean dramas.  Congratulations to the cast for their excellent job.  Love the cinematography.

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, sheherizade3 said:

describing a scam among the elites that involve bribe payment for their children into elite colleges, including Yale, Stanford, Georgetown and the University of Southern California.  Lori Loughlin and her husband paid $500,000 for their three daughters to be included in a rowing crew.  


That's right, in normal countries, parents simply pay bribes so that their children go to prestigious universities. But Korea is different. There, parents put pressure on their children so much, they scoff at them so much that the horror ... No, I am sure that in other countries there is one too, but in Korea it’s still more common.:tears: What they showed us in the drama.

 

And yes, I am very glad that the final has turned out so fabulous and happy. The nerves would not stand the other end. And so ... the dorama turned out to be perfect from beginning to end.:wub:

 

But why did tutor Kim get out of jail and get back to her former business ??? :scream:This is really a question ...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Friendly kitty said:


That's right, in normal countries, parents simply pay bribes so that their children go to prestigious universities. But Korea is different. There, parents put pressure on their children so much, they scoff at them so much that the horror ... No, I am sure that in other countries there is one too, but in Korea it’s still more common.:tears: What they showed us in the drama.

 

Hi kitty.  I'm curious.  If found out, are these rich parents in South Korea indicted?  Lori Loughlin and the other parents are looking at jail time for their participation.  William Singer (he would be Kim Joo Young in the drama) who earned $65 million from the scam, could face up to 65 years in jail.  His co-conspirators have all been indicted.  

 

If Han Seo Jin in the drama lived in the States, she would definitely be indicted.  In the drama, HSJ did not, so, I'm assuming that South Korea don't indict the parents.  What she did to her daughter would be considered child abuse (she''s been programming her daughter since she was 4 years old) as well as child endangerment (I'm not sure with this because KYS was already in high school).  HSJ was aware that KHN may have been killed but did not report the crime immediately.  Had her daughter showed no sign of stress, she probably would have kept the crime a secret and allow the crime to go unpunished.  So, I did not really buy into her overnight "repentance."  KJY was right when she called out HSJ as being equally guilty in the last episode.  What is heartbreaking is KYS suffered the brunt of her action.  She was expelled as a result, she may not even be accepted in med school while her mother, the perpetrator, went scot free.

 

Tutor Kim did not get out of jail.  I think the last scene was the writer's way of saying that people like KJY would always be around as long as there are parents like HSJ.

 

It's just sad to know that parents in South Korea put tremendous pressure on their children.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, sheherizade3 said:

Hi kitty.  I'm curious.  If found out, are these rich parents in South Korea indicted? 

 

I am sure that they are being accused. Both parents and students. Take for example the situation of the drama. Here Ye Seo had to leave school after everything was discovered. And if she entered the university unfairly, then probably she would have to pay fines, and parents would have to answer for a bribe ...

It’s worth remembering how many idols have recently been accused of being unfairly enrolled in universities. With the daughter of the president of the former the same thing was ...

20 hours ago, sheherizade3 said:

Tutor Kim did not get out of jail.  I think the last scene was the writer's way of saying that people like KJY would always be around as long as there are parents like HSJ.

But for this it was enough to show a new family, which entered the house next door to the heroes. No wonder the viewers focused on the fact that the child has a lot of books and then his mother was shocked by the conversation with the neighbors at the table ... She thought that everything here is just thinking about school, and here everything is not as it was before.:rolleyes:

 

Therefore, the appearance of the tutor Kim is completely incomprehensible ...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

can someone please drop Endless Night's Lyrics from SKY Castle OST?

I searched a lot but because it's an instrumental track there's no lyrics for it :(

Edited by JAY Jung
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 4:01 PM, sheherizade3 said:

The finale was, for me, a bit disappointing.  It was too neatly tied in a bow considering the horrendous circumstances that resulted in the death of Kim Hye Na.  Han Seo Jin keeping KHN's identity from her husband, her cruelty towards KHN, her complicity in the cover up of the leaked test questions that led to KHN's death was unforgivable (even if at the end, she relented and reported the crime to the police).  Her actions warranted her husband leaving her.  Kang Joon Sang did not exhibit enough remorse after he learned that he killed his own daughter.  He shed a few tears, promptly went back to his amoral wife and played happy family with their daughters.  Resigning from his job to assuage his guilt was not enough to compensate for his throwing out his daughter from the OR.  Instead of his colleagues asking him to stay, they should have condemned his action.  Afterall, who wants to have a doctor who makes critical decisions based on political gain?  At best, he was a mediocre doctor with a trail of complaints from his patients.

 

I finally made time to watch this drama. It was better than I thought it would be, however, the ending was a bit disappointing for me.  

 

@sheherizade3, you basically took the words out of my mouth with your post. I can't see a husband staying with a woman who purposely let him kill his daughter by keeping her mouth shut. I don't see how his last minutes with his daughter will ever leave his mind as he sent her to her death....his wife is also to blame.

 

The one line where I thought the assistant to the "Coach" has lost his freaking mind, is when he told her as she was about to be captured, that he would never leave her because he had been on drugs and she helped him. WTH?!! You rather be an accomplice to murder than on drugs?  

 

Lastly, these kids where spoiled and disobedient to the end. Although the grandmother was out of control, the kids being so disrespectful wasn't satisfying at all; it was quite disappointing.

 

The story was captivating for sure. Just wish the writer had kept it more realistic towards the end. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More accolades for this wonderful Drama.

JTBC "SKY Castle", Drama of the Year


photo1086670.jpg


"

JTBC drama "SKY Castle" is Drama of the Year 2019.

At the "2019 Brand of the Year Awards" hosted by the Korea Consumer Forum, "SKY Castle" was chosen as Drama of the Year."


Full article Here

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...