[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

About JWS,  initially I gave him the benefit of the doubt, that he loves CSH and just doesn’t know how to express it. But after ep 10, that guy is just a sel***h bas***d (pardon my language).  He could have given the video to CSH to help her out in the bad situation or even stop the bad situation from happening but instead he used it for his own gain.  But too bad for him, it backfired because great things came out of it.  

By by the way, I lost my bet on the bed scene, I was really hoping for “it” to happen darn!  :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 21

2 minutes ago, msbae81 said:

About JWS,  initially I gave him the benefit of the doubt, that he loves CSH and just doesn’t know how to express it. But after ep 10, that guy is just a sel***h bas***d (pardon my language).  He could have given the video to CSH to help her out in the bad situation or even stop the bad situation from happening but instead he used it for his own gain.  But too bad for him, it backfired because great things came out of it.  

By by the way, I lost my bet on the bed scene, I was really hoping for “it” to happen darn!  :D

But at least we got to see them being all sweet and silly and get some roundabout confirmation that tonight (unlike other nights) wasn't for making her all excited.  :D

• Like 12
  • LOL 3

On 1/7/2019 at 12:10 AM, dukesa1122 said:

You are quite right. When I heard both leads accepting the role, I worry that they are taking so much risks. This drama just touches a sensitive topic in our society hence the noise. Moreover, I have never ran into a kdrama who focuses so much on art and poems or even songs. :heart:

—————————————

I have a few observations and questions:

1) The New Year card that CSH distributed? Did she handwrite all of them or was it photocopied and then sent out to all the employees? Or did she just hand write the one for KJH? Because if she wrote evey single card, well, I guess it will take her mind off KJH because they were at a stand still then. 

2) I just want to add that i like the fact that almost everytime when KJH and CSH are out on a date, KJH always pays for it. It is a subtle thing but it explains alot about he can spend for his woman and not the other way around just because he has CEO  for a girlfriend.

3) In the last episode when KJH was in the garden. He was alone. No one was there. Then who turned on all the lights? :joy:

KJH pulled up the centralized transformer of the mansion.:lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

7 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

A translation of the bed scene.

SH: You should go now. I won’t be able to sleep even more.
JH: Move to the side a bit. Quickly. Quickly.
SH: Oh. Oh. Oh. (as she’s moving)
JH: Whoa. Wow. The mattress is very nice.
SH: Oh, I won’t be able to sleep even more! You bother me.
JH: Oh, but I’m behaving so well here, so why would it bother you? That’s so unfair.
SH: OH, just drink a cup of tea and then go. Get up.
(JH leans her back down on the bed.)
JH: I had restrained myself before, and I’m going to restrain myself here, too.
SH: I was really tired today, but since Jin Hyuk-shi keeps acting like this, I keep becoming more awake. Oh, you’re heavy. Move over. (pushing him off)
JH: (turning over as SH sits up again) The night is so cold, and I come all the way over here and she won’t even let me sleep over. I’ve even lost the title of the Human Sleeping Pill. (smirks a bit) But, this really is  comfortable. It feels like my place. (meaning the side of the bed he’s lying in)
SH: Even when Secretary Jang comes over, we don’t share the same bed. This bed has never slept two people, not even once.
JH: It’s just that it’s finally met its owner. (meaning the space he’s claiming is his) Oh, it’s nice. I think I’ll sleep really well. I may fall asleep first.
SH: Oh, before you fall asleep, hurry up and get up. Huh? Huh? Oh, hurry! Hurry up and go!
(JH puts his arm around SH to lay her back down in his arms.)
JH: Don’t get all thrilled, and just hurry and go to sleep.
SH: Thri-? I have no words. Oh, really. (starts to get up in a huff, but JH pulls her back down)
JH: Just stay like this for a little while. I’m in a very good mood right now.
JH: If we could fall asleep like this every day, that would be so good. Someday, we will be able to do that, won’t we? (SH stays quiet)
JH: What’s this? Why is there no response?
SH: Because I’m imagining it, and I like it.

This may not be all heavy on passion, but it is just too cute. Acting somewhere between being a new flirty couple and a comfortably established couple.  I can't believe both of them really fell asleep. They must have been very, very tired. ;)

Oh thank you for translating it all!! :heart::heart::heart:

The little bit at the end where he put up the pretend microphone so he could hear her reply was too cute.  Now if only Secretary Jang and DaeChan could get on the same page lol. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

@ahdrianaa Encounter episode 6 chairman Kim and JH.png 

In this episode, JH is already compared to a dog. These words caught my attention because in the same sentence, we have two animals: dog and chicken. Here the chicken could be perceived as a metaphor for CSH, another illustration that the bird embodies CSH. However, the word "dog" and "chicken" have a negative connotation here: they are considered as inferior and unsophisticated. Moreover, the dog chasing the chicken reinforces the idea that JH is a wild beast and the chicken is a victim. Yet like the painting you showed, the dog is also linked to positive associations: friendship, companionship, loyalty and protection. Here again, we see another illustration between the fight between the natur and the modern civilization (money means everything and allows to do what you want, even being rude)  

• Like 16
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

DRAMA: Boyfriend Ep. 12

Original Article: [sports seoul] 'Boyfriend' Song Hyekyo, Gives Up Hotel + Family, Chooses Park Bogum

0000464742_001_20190110232930984.jpg?type=w540

Screen%2BShot%2B2019-01-10%2Bat%2B10.45.22%2BPM.png
1. +1956, -67 This is truly the end of a melo drama, today's ending haaa
2. +1401, -32 I want to cry because of Park Bogum's face during the ending ㅠㅠㅠ There's no exit ㅠㅠㅠ I'm touched by Suhyun-ie's bravery and I can totally feel Jinhyuk-ie's gaze ㅜㅠㅠ Their acting is seriously goodㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
3. +611, -18 There's seriously no way out. Jinhyuk-ah.
4.+268, -2 I was so touched that Park Bogum was considerate enough to not force his girlfriend to make a difficult decisionㅜ He's seriously a nice man......
5.+34, -0 The ending did everything today, when Park Bogum cried my heart exploded ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
6.+22, -2 What to do, there's no way out ㅠㅠ
7.+13, -0 Song Hyekyo's and Park Bogum's acting is really goodㅎㅎ

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

This episode i think is all about CSH showing his support for KJH. Though it started in last part of episode 9 i think when she drove all the way to sokcho. It's all about CSH's feelings for KJH..sacrifices, effort, and finally making a choice

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, rckchvls said:

This episode i think is all about CSH showing his support for KJH. Though it started in last part of episode 9 i think when she drove all the way to sokcho. It's all about CSH's feelings for KJH..sacrifices, effort, and finally making a choice

I was watching @stroppyse clips and translations of the bed scene and realized that beautiful Saltnpaper "Take Me On" song now being sung by female vocalist?  Maybe signaling shift to SH following JH? Or maybe singer has been alternating and I just missed it ooops.

• Like 8

I can't wait to see the dead panned faces of WS n his mom!! :lol:.. When they would find out that CSH is having dinner with her future family!! 

SO1G6ud.gif

I hope JH's mom accepts CSH.. I would love to see them close to each other.. Maybe JH's mom can give back some to WS's mom.. 

Late thanks to @ahdrianaa for live translations n @autumnight for live caps n @gumtaek for speedy news.. N thanks @bebebisous33 chingu for tagging me in her posts.. Have to go through a lot of stuff!! 

P. S. Finally exams over n I m back to the forum..yaayyyyy!! 

• Like 9
  • LOL 15

Chingus, what do you think about Woo Suk's uncle the former teacher and the hotel's director who convinced Soohyun's father for the wedding of  WS and SH? He emphasized that he convinced SH' s father because he knew that WS is a different person than that of his mother and father. He is telling WS that the hotel is a No-NO for him since this hotel is loved by SH very much.  

I think he will be a great help in the next episodes when the battle begins about who will own the hotel. Coz I think this scene will not be probably given an emphasis if this won't have n connection to the remaining episodes.

Another one is the scene of Congressman CJH making alliance to other party but not to TG favored party. And the start of secret investigation of Driver Nam.

I think all these scenes will help to build the "SOS" for our couple. The conflict is getting tighter as we all see what the MIL and Ex-Hubby are doing but the writer is also building up the characters of those people that will be significant to them to win the future battle. 

What's important is there is a love, trust and confidence within the couple since they are the one that will be challenged until episodes 16. 

Like all of you hoping that it will be a happy ending and I think I'm a lot on the optimistic side that they will end up with each other. 

What else can I say like you I really been hit by this Encounter fever. Another week again will have to pass and sleepless night will befall onto me again. This is me when I'm hooked with Kdrama and American TV series, that's why I avoided watching too much but being a fan of SHK and PBG, I just couldn't avoid to watch it even there was an age gap issue. But seeing them now, who will say that this an issue before; their chemistry is just so explosive.

Well, we only have 4 episodes left and it is getting sadder but for sure those 4 left episodes will be packed of mind blowing and heart rejoicing scenes. Peace and Love to everyone. Thank you for all of your profound analysis of every detail of the drama.

PS. I have not watched yet the episode 12 since I am still waiting for _. Thank you again that I had a sneak previews of this episode.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

However, it makes sense that SH wouldn't be able to just sleep like that around JH, not when they're so in love and she gets so stimulated around him. :)

:joy: Was this actually included? Did she actually open her eyes and say those lines when JH left? 

If yes, can anyone post a still/gif/vid

Pretty please. Have pity on my poor soul :wacko:

35 minutes ago, rckchvls said:

And viu just uploaded it!!! This was by far the earliest episode to be uploaded in our timezone ahahaha

whoa! Guess I can watch it on my lunch then! :blush:

23 minutes ago, ihyw said:

"Take Me On" song now being sung by female vocalist?  Maybe signaling shift to SH following JH? Or maybe singer has been alternating and I just missed it ooops.

This isn't the first time that they played the female version though.

I hear this version in the first episodes

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Wow, WS has some nerve on him. He's using the fact that the Cuba hotel had gone into crisis, and then been resolved by a new employee rather than by SH herself as reasons why the hotel is actually too much for SH to handle alone. And, he knows that it's his mother's plotting that put the Cuba hotel into crisis in the first place. That is just low, low, low.

Until now, I've been defending WS as being mislead, but redeemable. I guess he's really his mother's son after all. Willing to do anything, no matter how reprehensible, if he can get what he wants. This isn't love any more. This is obsession that doesn't respect any boundaries.

Sorry. Just getting around to watching the episode now, and got infuriated at the excuse that WS uses to force his way into becoming the co-CEO of Donghwa Hotel.

Also, given WS' night time visit to JH to warn him off, JH knows that WS is there because of himself and SH, so now JH is going to feel some responsibility for making things even tougher for SH. Ugh.

The more infuriating is that he has evidence of his own mother's involvement but he just used it to blackmail director Choi instead of helping CSH which outlines his greed and selfishness. Then he acts as if he was coming to CSH's rescue, when in reality, he uses the opportunity created by his mother to come closer to her.

Concerning his mother, she actually entered that royal family but she acts as if she was a royal from her birth. I hope, she gets caught in her schemes and the media ruin her reputation. It would be great after that scandal, JWS is no longer seen as a good party due to his mother and his own behavior.

@icyphoenix I hope, it was okay to tag you... 

• Like 16
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Until now, I've been defending WS as being mislead, but redeemable. I guess he's really his mother's son after all. Willing to do anything, no matter how reprehensible, if he can get what he wants. This isn't love any more. This is obsession that doesn't respect any boundaries.

As you know, I have seriously disliked WS from the very start and I never trusted him.  But I was still willing to ship him with the girl from PR.  Now I don't think he should be with anyone ever. 

WS's behavior has gone from being merely distasteful and ugly to becoming reprehensible and possibly actually criminal.  No person who loves someone would treat them in such a manner.

He is in serious need of a smack down.....and you know what would be the most brilliant thing ever?  If his big bad mama was the one to do so.  :D

• Like 18
  • LOL 1