Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

4 minutes ago, redbeanbuns said:

May I know whether JWS see the couple ring or not?

In my opinion, he only looks at her face. Moreover, I doubt that he is paying to JH's fingers. He considers JH as a weak man based on his criteria. 

• Like 14

I have a strong feeling this series will end in Cuba, in that garden :wub: 

They filmed for a month, I’m sure they have more footage than they let on

Gah, why is there no preview??

• Like 23

16 minutes ago, moonsnail said:

Hello. I've been silently lurking here for a while now, but today's last scene just made me tear up. It was such a wonderful and emotional moment to end tonight's episode. CSH finally chose to show up at JH's house. I can't wait for next week to see her meet his family. It might be awkward but once they get to know her, they would love her just like JH does. She deserves her own HEA with JH. 

I'm also hoping that they really welcome SooHyun into their family.  What I really want to see is some redemption for the mother's in this drama, as well.  I hate that even JinHyuk's mom is shown in this slightly negative light (even as it is realistic), when it comes to SooHyun.  Our CEO deserves to receive motherly love from someone.  :unsure: 

• Like 21

I just finished watching E11. I don't know if I see it correctly but KJH mother's facial structure closely resembles Sandra Oh, the Hollywood star. Sandra Oh is also a Korean and recently won a Golden Globe award for best actress. KJH mother is older than Sandra, though.  

• Like 8
  • LOL 3

I can also feel that the ending might be in Cuba... Just enjoying the beach or dancing salsa together just like how it started. CSH and KJH just enjoying being together.

As long as its a happy ending... I dont mind :)

cant wait to download this later in viu.

thank you so much everyone

• Like 15

There is also another reason why JWS could never win her heart. Sure, he never really tried, either he waited or he tried to win her with his expensive gifts. The other reason is, he is too serious... he doesn't know how to have fun. What caught my attention is JH's favorite word: fun. He described the sandals as funny, he spoke about fun while riding a bike (episode 5)... I can not count how many times he said fun or funny. JH has a sense of humor, he is able to tease CSH... but the latter is not different from him. In the episode 2, she teased him a lot.  JWS never makes a joke, he is just scheming or beating around the bush.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

JH's mother might hesitate and feel uncomfortable due to the huge social gap but she is a warmhearted person. Moreover, his husband has a huge influence on her. His mother thought that CSH might not be comfortable with their standards. KJH's mother has a low self-esteem. In the episode 11, she didn't use the other facilities too scared that she might be a sore eye for others.

Good insight!  The PR team's moodmaker whose name I cannot recall right now said something similar in episode 4: "Anyone with capability is an enemy"  Of course, I am not saying that JinHyuk's mother feels insecure to such an intense degree, but I'm sure she has had some worrisome thoughts of how she could measure up to a potential daughter in law like SooHyun.  And that's human nature-- it's hard not to compare ourselves with others.  So I'm looking forward to how the story develops the relationship between SooHyun and JinHyuk's mother.  I just hope it does it quickly!  :wub:

• Like 13

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

And JWS thought, with the divorce contract CSH would never dare to miss attending the death anniversary. He came to this conclusion because she had been obedient all these years. And his action and words prove to me that he used the divorce contract to bind her to him. He knew everything and saw it as an opportunity not to release her entirely. So the divorce was just a facade, in his mind he was not really divorced. He is really twisted! Sorry but I can not stand him any longer. 

@bebebisous33The ex-husband deserved my hate indeed.

1 hour ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

You wouldn't stand seeing him choked his words and crying, made my stomach hurts..

But his love is real

And pure

And true

*im still crying btw huhuhuhu

--------- -------- ---------

I use to re run each and every episode in no time but this one, i think i still need to prepare my heart. 

I know im probably being dramatic over a drama :crazy: but what i'd like to add is that, once again our leads perfomed such an outstanding acting. 

Seeing Soo Hyun suffocated again because WSook decided that it's time to go bananas, i'm literally hold my breath. how she repressed her frustation, made me frustated (give me my xanax). And how she made Saranghaeyo more than just a confession but comitment with her sublte expression, made me believe, she chose the right project for her and for me this is her best. 

And Park Bo Gum absolutely immersed himself into Kim Jin Hyuk.. his surprised expression when i love you came suddenly, and how he choked his words in the last scene was.. hufttt :tears: (again, where's my xanax).. 

These two, for their outstanding acting performance deserve our supports. Keep hitting those like button till your finger hurts!! 

@rosiepeonie188 Kudo PBG&SHK's acting, they have nailed the roles.

51 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

You’re right , I keep confusing his mother’s surname as his, she is Kim and he is Jeong. Sorry :lol:

@ahdrianaa Thank you so much for your kind translations which made me enjoy watching and then read recap after the end of this ep.12.

By the way, you might start to forget this Ex-husband's name as he showed his real devil's side to CSH and KJH more and more.  So do I.

• Like 9
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 1

I just wanna say that I truly truly appreciate everyone who's doing a live recap! :heart:

I'm busier than usual hence I cant interact much (although, i really really want to) 

Lots of thoughts and replies in my head though. Hope I can catch up. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I guess, this drawing illustrates that this episode will be about CSH's choice. The wolf is trying to stop her to enter that building, a metaphor for a new home and family. But that's just a first thought.

I'm still just reading posts about the start of the episode but I had to say this.  When I saw that illustration, I thought of the old expression "the wolf is at the door" which means that trouble is on the way.

• Like 10

I can feel JH happines when SH choose to visit Him at Home. Daebak encounter. I can’t wait Episode 13. Again thanks to all recaps

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, thistle said:

I'm still just reading posts about the start of the episode but I had to say this.  When I saw that illustration, I thought of the old expression "the wolf is at the door" which means that trouble is on the way.

They always have encounters (problems) in each episode so your observation is so point o: the wolf = the danger and problem. 

• Like 10

7 hours ago, ahdrianaa said:

The only thing I dislike about the drama, they keep eating!

Along with laughing,crying,smiling and squealing - I am constantly hungry when I watch this drama, it’s like my personal PMSing hell with crazy hormones. 

Ditto!!

I somehow craving chicken feet watching them eating that :lol:.. i absolutely need to try soju and chicken gizzards when i travel to seoul next 2 week

• Like 13
  • LOL 1

@gumtaek I’m with you about this this ending.  It’s the best ending for me.  I live for those kisses but tonight’s episode just gave me all the feels. I was crying, worried but ultimately happy. PGB and SHK acting were PERFECT! 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1