[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

8 hours ago, redbeanbuns said:

Awww,cute conversation on the bed there..why u have to restrain yourself KJH-shi..why u don't doing your business there :phew:

@redbeanbuns

This might be a part of his restraint, he will try his best but he might not be able to ensure how far he could, upon external factors/obstacles.

PBG-how-far.jpg

8 hours ago, ahdrianaa said:

Borrowing JH’s words, take me with you. 

@NongpeeP I really hate WS right now, borrowing and tweaking words from Ray Charles; hit the road JWS and don’t you come back no more, no more , no more.

No joke, I am really hungry. I am going to go eat now.:sweatingbullets:

@ahdrianaa I camped on no-no to this ex-husband, he have been using what his mom did for his own selfish, did more for his self-willed, and will do more for his self-centered. 

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Wow, WS has some nerve on him. He's using the fact that the Cuba hotel had gone into crisis, and then been resolved by a new employee rather than by SH herself as reasons why the hotel is actually too much for SH to handle alone. And, he knows that it's his mother's plotting that put the Cuba hotel into crisis in the first place. That is just low, low, low.

Until now, I've been defending WS as being mislead, but redeemable. I guess he's really his mother's son after all. Willing to do anything, no matter how reprehensible, if he can get what he wants. This isn't love any more. This is obsession that doesn't respect any boundaries.

Sorry. Just getting around to watching the episode now, and got infuriated at the excuse that WS uses to force his way into becoming the co-CEO of Donghwa Hotel.

Also, given WS' night time visit to JH to warn him off, JH knows that WS is there because of himself and SH, so now JH is going to feel some responsibility for making things even tougher for SH. Ugh.

@stroppyse  This ex-husband has thoroughly considered to be an devil from head to toe. 

This worst behavior has not just taken when he was "A dog in manger" but he let bad things be in CSH's life during marriage, during divorce, and after divorce by his mom with his acknowledgement and intended to use all CSH's obligations to control CSH. 

• Like 12

In the episode 12, we can finally JWS's true personality: a hypocrite. In front of his mother, he complains to his mother that CSH shouldn't be forced to attend the family event (death anniversary of his father), on the other hand he is happy to remind driver Nam that there will be this family event where CSH has to appear. As you can see, he only defends CSH in front of his mother with words, yet in reality he uses his mother's scheme for his own benefit. He was nervous waiting for CSH's appearance and he wanted her to be there. So his claim that he couldn't protect her from his mother is proven wrong. He chose not to protect her as he always saw a benefit of it. 

Notwithstanding, he is a coward as he never tried to leave his comfort zone in order to win her heart. He thought, his handsome face and money via gifts would be enough to satisfy CSH. At some point, he came to the conclusion, CSH was the one who had no heart... he never questioned his own behavior.

During this whole episode, it is clear that JWS uses his mother's plans for his own benefit and I guess, so was it with the arranged marriage. I hope, he loses more than just CSH for real. He needs to feel what CSH has been put through due to him.   

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

Episode 12: Netizen’s Reaction

Article: Naver 'Boyfriend' Song Hye Gyo gives up the hotel + family and chooses Park Bo Gum 

Spoiler

boyfriend12.png

1. [+2475,-96]
This is the end of all melodramas. Today's ending.. Ha.. 
2. [+1805,-47]
Park Bo Gum's expression at the end made me tear up. ㅠㅠㅠㅠ "There's no exit" ㅠㅠㅠ Soo Hyun's courage is touching, I could feel Jin Hyuk's eyes that are filled with emotions. Their acting is so good. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
3. [+1107,-42]
"There's no exit" those words.. it's heart fluttering. 
4. [+821,-35]
Every episode's ending is great. Today's episode is especially touching. This is such a high quality drama. 
5. [+738,-26]
There's really no exit, Jin Hyuk-ah. 
6. [+342,-3]
I'm touched by Park Bo Gum's consideration, he doesn't force his girlfriend to make difficult decisions. He's a man that you can't help but fall for. 
7. [+311,-5]
She didn't give up the hotel and her family...... If she doesn't want to be controlled by Tae Kyung the rest of her life, she has to end things now. I'm cheering for Soo Hyun who is finally trying to follow her heart and living her own life. The ending was so touching that I teared up. 
8. [+261,-6]
The drama is calming. Park Bo Gum's and Song Hye Gyo's affectionate and lovely acting are done well. That's why I was able to watch it comfortably. 
9. [+172,-2]
I teared up together with Park Bo Gum when he was tearing up. I could feel all of his emotions that are complicated. Jin Hyuk-ah, Soo Hyun-ah.. ㅜㅜ

encounter.png

Article: Naver 'Boyfriend' Song Hye Gyo breaks her promise with Cha Hwa Yeon... Park Bo Gum "There's no exit" smile 

1. [+1275,-21]
My heart hurts seeing how considerate Jin Hyuk is, and I teared up when Soo Hyun made a such difficult decision. The two look so pretty while caring and trusting each other. 
2. [+818,-18]
Park Bo Gum's expression at the end. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ I teared up. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ His acting is so good. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
3. [+630,-14]
Ha... Park Bo Gum.. "There's no exit" He tried to smile while tearing up. I teared up too.  ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ There's no exit for Boyfriend. 
4. [+547,-10]
At the end, when the door opens, and Soo Hyun was standing there, I was about to tear up like Jin Hyuk did too. Really, what's so moving about standing in front of the door? Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Gyo have great acting skills. 
5. [+373,-42]
I'm in trouble~~~~ I can't break up with Park Bo Gum too~~~ ♡
6. [+146,-19]
Can't I watch them every day? Bo Gum and Hye Gyo~~ ㅠㅠ
7. [+107,-0]
This couple is so touching. They could only fall for each other because they are that way! Seriously, there's no exit in this drama!
8. [+105,-1]
Seriously, I know that there's no exit when it comes to Park Bo Gum... But I really like him..

Source: melohwa.blogspot.com

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

Wowwww, this is just like a roller coaster for me.

in the beginning of episode 12, it showed the suit and the lunch packs; I was thinking to myself: what is the main point in this episode, why suit vs lunch packs.

and now I understand it completely. Such a heart- warming touching episode that awaken every nerve cells in my body.

Wow, WS; why you are so two faces, you used your mother’s scheme to hide your obsession. WS, that is not love, that is obsession. I want to see your face and your mom reaction when you know it wasn’t CSH in the car. Lolzzzz

JH’s dad seems to know who is coming when the bell rings; look at his facial expression, hahaha I know it is CSH, it’s not miss Lee Lolzz

I love it when CSH said : is he a human sleeping pills? He is a human stimulant!!! Omggggg daebak.... 

and seriously, JH/PBG ahhh, before this drama, I was very skeptical and apprehensive about your role as I haven’t watched any of your project. I watch this drama just to support SHK but now “there is no exist”  for me to escape from your charm, good acting and handsomeness.” 

well done, well done PBG.

• Like 22

33 minutes ago, larrysouth said:

Sadly, I have been trapped in meetings all day and missed the live run with you all.  I least I can go through your posts and review the dialogue, Gifs, Screencaps, and most importantly your commentaries & reactions.  I will enjoy reading them at my leisure this evening.  Thank you all for doing this.  I know it is a lot of work on your part but it really makes watching Encounter such an amazing group event.

Last night my wife was making me crazy asking what happened.  I told her she had to wait until we watched it together later that evening.  Now she is texting me trying to find out what happened in today's episode.  I told her our OTP took another break.  I have not seen text cursing like that in a long, long time.

Thanks for adding your thoughts to this thread.  I've enjoyed reading them. 

Very naughty of you to tease your wife like that!  Can't imagine what your supper will be like tonight.  ;):lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
  • Thanks 1

Just watching the episode now and was cheering out loud when JH did Not bow to that rotter WS. 

There are no words for the awful thing he is doing to take over the hotel assuming that this means he can take over SH as well.  WS  needs to be brought down in a very painful way. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, thistle said:

Thanks for adding your thoughts to this thread.  I've enjoyed reading them. 

Very naughty of you to tease your wife like that!  Can't imagine what your supper will be like tonight.  ;):lol:

Just to be on the safe side, I am taking her out to dinner and then we can watch the episode together. :love: 

I only have a vague notion of what went on during this episode but I know that CSH and KJH won't let me down.  I hope we see some progress in our 2nd and 3rd OTP's in this episode as well.  

Lastly, I am looking forward to finding out who the wolf is in the animation as well.  That one has been a real puzzler for me.

• Like 19

4 hours ago, ihyw said:

I was watching @stroppyse clips and translations of the bed scene and realized that beautiful Saltnpaper "Take Me On" song now being sung by female vocalist?  Maybe signaling shift to SH following JH? Or maybe singer has been alternating and I just missed it ooops.

Yeah... I downloaded the ost and there are 2versions. Both are good!!!

• Like 11