[Drama 2018] Where Stars Land / Fox Bride Star ★ 여우각시별

Maetawinz

@nona88@thefungster @USAFarmgirl@ktcjdrama @Tasia After the last episode, it becomes clear why SIW is pushing LSY away:

- the fear that his secret might be revealed

- the guilty conscience... he doesn't want to be reminded constantly of his wrongdoing and cowardice

- he wants to protect LSY as SIW is still involved with the thug (director Joo). SIW is a pawn in a greater plan and he doesn't want LSY to suffer one more time. His words underlined that something at the airport would happen and SIW was sent there in order to put the plan in motion. I have the impression that HS might become the real victim in all this. 

Nevertheless, I have the feeling that the divorce between LSY's mother and the ahjussi (SIW's father) happened before the accident. This would explain why the ahjussi said that he had heard LSY had gotten severely injured because of an accident. (25:07) Not only these words show that he has no idea how the accident occurred, but it also indicates that this man had cut ties with him before the accident. He only heard about it through another person.

However, I think that SIW might be responsible for the divorce... this would explain why he kept pushing LSY away even before the accident. In my opinion, on the one hand he resents his father and on the other hand, he blames himself for the pain he caused to others that's why SIW views himself as a bad person. He is certainly no saint but in my opinion, SIW's real major flaw is his self-centerness. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last episode was amazing! Soo-yeon has finally decided to tell his secret to Yeo-reum but such an unfortunate accident! I was so worried for both of them. Well the preview eased my fears but instead now I'm worried Soo-yeon does something that may create trouble in the future...

But how sweet are they together?! Their romance has developed quite nicely.

And (AWW) Na Yeong-joo knew Yeo-reum was going on a date with Soo-yeon. They should hurry up and be friends already.

It's my first time posting in this thread but I've been watching this drama since day 1. It's my favorite drama form the ones currently airing.

whoo what a week in the airport land :D YR confession, SY finally wanting to share his secret with YR, DK and YJ moving forward in their relationship. also like other said it start to come clear that maybe IW want in someway protect SY from something :huh:  I feel this gonna be the final conflict... Anyway looking forward to YR and SY finally going on their long waited date :wub:  

Spoiler

Somewhat I hope that SY would feel confident about himself.. that he would be able to control his emotions and superpower and perhaps saving the day just as what a superhero would... 
Perhaps he would be able to free (safe) SIW from the mafia Director Jo??
Perhaps he could continue working at the airport without feeling small and different due to his able body... 
Perhaps with YR by his side he's able to feel confident about just the way he is... 
Because he was aiming to be normal and to be happy just for a month... which is sad....

But I am hoping he would be normal and happy for the rest of his life..
with YR...
What is normal anyway.. I am sure we cannot put a standard to it..
After all, we are all different.. Unique, to be exact.. Don't you think?
So... I hope SY would overcome his own fear and be confident...
Regardless on his wheelchair or on his metal protector...
He is just SY, the bright, smart, calm, kind, polite, gentleman, straightforward guy.
*** with sexy yummilicious body no matter what ***  :love:

Yeah well... this is just my hope for our dearest SY... 

PS: does anyone else think that SIW and Manager Yang would develop a love line? (Since they're one of the main characters?) Just curious...

1 hour ago, Tasia said:
  Hide contents

Somewhat I hope that SY would feel confident about himself.. that he would be able to control his emotions and superpower and perhaps saving the day just as what a superhero would... 
Perhaps he would be able to free (safe) SIW from the mafia Director Jo??
Perhaps he could continue working at the airport without feeling small and different due to his able body... 
Perhaps with YR by his side he's able to feel confident about just the way he is... 
Because he was aiming to be normal and to be happy just for a month... which is sad....

But I am hoping he would be normal and happy for the rest of his life..
with YR...
What is normal anyway.. I am sure we cannot put a standard to it..
After all, we are all different.. Unique, to be exact.. Don't you think?
So... I hope SY would overcome his own fear and be confident...
Regardless on his wheelchair or on his metal protector...
He is just SY, the bright, smart, calm, kind, polite, gentleman, straightforward guy.
*** with sexy yummilicious body no matter what ***  :love:

PS: does anyone else think that SIW and Manager Yang would develop a love line? (Since they're one of the main characters?) Just curious...

I want manager Yang and Security Head to be a couple!! 

15 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@nona88@thefungster @USAFarmgirl@ktcjdrama @Tasia After the last episode, it becomes clear why SIW is pushing LSY away:

- the fear that his secret might be revealed

- the guilty conscience... he doesn't want to be reminded constantly of his wrongdoing and cowardice

- he wants to protect LSY as SIW is still involved with the thug (director Joo). SIW is a pawn in a greater plan and he doesn't want LSY to suffer one more time. His words underlined that something at the airport would happen and SIW was sent there in order to put the plan in motion. I have the impression that HS might become the real victim in all this. 

Nevertheless, I have the feeling that the divorce between LSY's mother and the ahjussi (SIW's father) happened before the accident. This would explain why the ahjussi said that he had heard LSY had gotten severely injured because of an accident. (25:07) Not only these words show that he has no idea how the accident occurred, but it also indicates that this man had cut ties with him before the accident. He only heard about it through another person.

However, I think that SIW might be responsible for the divorce... this would explain why he kept pushing LSY away even before the accident. In my opinion, on the one hand he resents his father and on the other hand, he blames himself for the pain he caused to others that's why SIW views himself as a bad person. He is certainly no saint but in my opinion, SIW's real major flaw is his self-centerness. 

that is one interesting theory.... one that i hope doesn't happen because honestly scenes with SIW... i just dont need him in the drama.... 

also, i think you are right about the divorce being before the accident, but now i wonder where SY mom went... 

I just want SY and YR to be happy!!! 

2 hours ago, Tasia said:
  Hide contents

I'm rooting more for Team Leader Choi to be with Team Leader Yang. :heart:

Is it normal to feel aroused by the lift holding hands / aka soft touches gif by @MarJo_Lei  :wub:

How did LJH made even his hand seem sexy.. or was it just my eyes... :blush::love:

PS: Yes, I would really want Manager Yang and Choi to be together... not with SIW... ;)  I was just worried because on the poster, the 4 main characters are included SIW :phew:

I reallyyy like these 2 latest episodes (4 in current format). I'd never thought they would give us such cliffhanger. But it's time for HYR to heal LSY from his insecurities. 

I like how HYR (again) stood up for herself so I can assure she's really going through a character development, but of course thanks to YSK for giving such an advice and encouragement. Indeed when you suffer from any inner problems, you need to find someone who is able to encourage you to straighten up your problem not only criticize your behavior / decision. 

In previous episodes I was somehow disappointed with LSY because he seemed a bit reckless and stubborn, but I made up my mind slightly because he portrays humanity, sometimes we don't understand other choices, what we think doesn't make sense or illogical would be the best choice for others because basically we don't know what others are going through, so I'd try to understand him. Also he didn't know before why was the reason his prosthetic becomes malfunction (I think it didn't happen at all before he met HYR, thus he was a bit laid back about it?), and it wasn't like he was going to a war either so it wasn't that wrong if he wanted to go on a date. But after he realized that it related to his emotion he took caution by making a distance. And after a rollercoaster ride in this episode, finally he embraces his weakness but.... the next scene was so sad seeing HYR getting stabbed and LSY's fear :tears: Their acting though are very natural and their eyes speak emotion :thumbsup:

P.S. there are so many favorite scenes especially in eps 21-22 from the beginning their phone call, before-lift scene-after, NYJ-ODK scenes, SIW and LSY talked their heart out to each other, goguma incident which ended up with great conversation between them in restourant, and of course heartbreaking confession from HYR to LSY is on repeat :D

This drama has tons of glaring problems (like seriously, many of the airport cases are not quite realistic), but what it does right is in the characters that populate this drama. The drama somehow managed to imbued warmth throughout its run, and I appreciate the contemplative tone that it has taken. On top of the awesome characters, I think what the drama has done best is in creating one of the most moving romance progression in my recent memory. It's rare to see a kdrama OTP who is so balanced in their relationship. Both of them are so giving towards each other. And there's something about YR and SY as a pairing that somehow makes something as ordinary as holding hand become such a momentous moment. All their romantic moments, either big or small, always felt so sincere and heartfelt.  

I think this week's episodes belong to YR. I was completely moved by her bravery to face her demons (in the shape of a bully); plus her patience and understanding towards SY. One thing that I appreciate about YR as a character is her simple kindness to people. For example, when she witnessed DK and YJ fighting after he let the mafia guy got away, she helped the housewarming party happened to cheer YJ. But she's not expecting thanks from YJ for doing that. Similarly, when she stood her ground and not ratting YJ's name to Team Leader Choi, she's not expecting thanks or anything from YJ. She did all of those just because and without any expectation. I remember that the homeless man once said that she has a pure soul. And I agree with his assessment. Her biggest flaw is her insecurity that can be all consuming for her. Which is why having people like Team Leader Yang and SY as a calming force for her nervous energy is the best growing process for her. Both of them know how to direct her in a positive direction without making her feel small and incompetent, or emasculating her agency. Case in point, when Team Leader Yang gave her the pass. Even though she gave YR advice, she lets YR decides on her own what is best for her.  Stripped from her constant need to prove herself due to her self-confidence, YR is actually quite astute in reading about people (except probably reading ES true intention. But ES kind of bring it to himself by squandering his chances). Which is probably why she can understand SY at almost telephatic level. It's interesting how similar SY and YR's confession is. When SY confessed, he did not expect anything from her. He gave her space to think through her feelings. Similarly, when YR confessed, she also didnt expect anything from him. She gave him space to decide what he wants. This is probably one of the healthiest relationship that I have witnessed in kdrama. Yes, SY is hiding things from YR, but YR sort of have gut feeling about it and she understands, through her past experience, that everyone has something that they fear to let other people know. I really like the title of the last episode so much: knowing your pain vs embracing it. She may not know the full extent of his pain, but she damn sure tries hard to embrace them. It takes a special kind of bravery to be able to do that.

Lastly, because this is becoming such a long post, my suspicion about YR being adopted is getting stronger and stronger. I wonder whether this is the secret that she's so afraid the girl bully to divulge . But I still cant seem to understand why. Unless getting adopted is also something frowned upon in Korea, which, if true, is very sad. I also wonder whether this drama depiction about how people in Korea treat people with disability is correct or close to reality. If it is, it's such a sad sad affairs. I hope this drama brings more understanding about this problem in the country. 

I would understand when 10 years ago maybe people would look at SY on wheelchair differently, but I'd like to think things are different now in the society...

Actually, if I meet SY on the wheelchair, yes I would be probably be looking his way the whole time.... not because of his disability, but because of the wheelchair itself... how cool looking is that wheelchair... Did you notice the first time Jang steered it out? It moves sideways!! I was wondering how, but I kinda figured it out with the special rows of wheels it has. What an awesome innovation!

41 minutes ago, bajing said:

Lastly, because this is becoming such a long post, my suspicion about YR being adopted is getting stronger and stronger. I wonder whether this is the secret that she's so afraid the girl bully to divulge . But I still cant seem to understand why. Unless getting adopted is also something frowned upon in Korea, which, if true, is very sad. I also wonder whether this drama depiction about how people in Korea treat people with disability is correct or close to reality. If it is, it's such a sad sad affairs. I hope this drama brings more understanding about this problem in the country. 

there maybe another reason too

but being adopted child is really a big things in korean , where your root , family background and so many things still so important there 

the fact she was once aponded child once, no information on her birth parents can hunt her forever in korea social life

she could be treated as dirty thing that don't deserve love as a child and a no root person as adult and that a big things there

sadly i am saying all that , but i watched so many asian dramas to understand that they still care so much about this things , but it not just asian people there so many places in the world and even there people close to us who still can't accept this things to be honest ,it easy to talk but you know person true believer when he has to choice in his real and personal life

51 minutes ago, bajing said:

This drama has tons of glaring problems (like seriously, many of the airport cases are not quite realistic), but what it does right is in the characters that populate this drama.

i have problem too  with that.  in my country people don't go on and out the airport as they like , no that they even can pass through without a full securty checking , seeing people wounder in the airport without any reason all the time bother me and now even have danger tools 

but i take it as maybe it just there different rules in every place or that it just for drama story and i am letting it go , but in  the last ep that was so much but i also trying to let it go 

sorry for cutting your post i like it all , i have proplem to quot with my phone, so i will write about the other things you said , this week ep's for sure is YR ep's i would like to see more ep's about her standing , healing , protecting and giving her strong well and warm to sy , i want more not just this week 

yr did suffer a lot in her life it not easy to take all this emotional scars while you growing up , being abandoned child , finally having a family than the family break down and the father go away , being bullied in her teenage days and more

to be honest i don't know how could she still standing and trying to be  cheerful as much as she can ,, i can't balm here for her personality and trust in herself issues i can just be proud of her for not giving up and trying hard to keep living as best as she can , it make understand why she want to be special since she though if she can't have special ability than she worth nothing with her background , she needed to be in top for people to forget her past that she has nothing to do with it 

YR is more strong than she was shown in  the start i was wishing they will focus more about her wounds from her past it a big deal not just few flashback will be enough

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I would understand when 10 years ago maybe people would look at SY on wheelchair differently, but I'd like to think things are different now in the society...

Actually, if I meet SY on the wheelchair, yes I would be probably be looking his way the whole time.... not because of his disability, but because of the wheelchair itself... how cool looking is that wheelchair... Did you notice the first time Jang steered it out? It moves sideways!! I was wondering how, but I kinda figured it out with the special rows of wheels it has. What an awesome innovation!

As i was watching the last episode, i also noticed the same thing. I come to conclusion, lee seo yoon ssi, people are not looking at u because of your disabilities.. people were amaze by your fancy hi-tech wheelchair. That look like pimp my ride version of professor X's. 

Archived