[Drama 2018] Where Stars Land / Fox Bride Star ★ 여우각시별

Maetawinz

4 hours ago, bajing said:

Lastly, because this is becoming such a long post, my suspicion about YR being adopted is getting stronger and stronger. I wonder whether this is the secret that she's so afraid the girl bully to divulge . But I still cant seem to understand why. Unless getting adopted is also something frowned upon in Korea, which, if true, is very sad. I also wonder whether this drama depiction about how people in Korea treat people with disability is correct or close to reality. If it is, it's such a sad sad affairs. I hope this drama brings more understanding about this problem in the country. 

She's definitely adopted. They didn't use the word in the episode, but when she says "I was born in summer, but my favourite season is autumn because that's when I met my parents." It's a clear reference to the fact that this is when she was adopted. I think she also said to her old bully, "My parents both adored me, but I couldn't see it because of the abuse and hate you and your friends directed towards me." Is her directly talking about not being able to accept the love her foster parents gave her because of how she was bullied, and the shame she must have felt at being adopted.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tension Erupts Between Lee Je Hoon And Lee Sung Wook In A Police Station On “Where Stars Land”

Nov 9, 2018
by C. Hong (source: soompi)

SBS drama “Where Stars Land” recently revealed stills of Lee Je Hoon undergoing a high-pressure investigation from Lee Sung Wook.

Spoilers

One of the secrets that Lee Je Hoon’s character, Lee Soo Yeon, keeps is the fact that he wears a prosthetic on his right arm. After suffering internal injuries because of the prosthetic’s malfunction, he decides to show Chae Soo Bin his true self, takes off his prosthetics, and uses a wheelchair.

However, since it was the source of Lee Soo Yeon’s great strength, security team leader Choi Moo Ja (played by Lee Sung Wook) soon began inquiring about the state of his prosthetic. Lee Je Hoon moved Lee Sung Wook’s character with his plea for one month’s time, but with the shocking discovery that magnetic materials were now attracted to Lee Je Hoon’s arm, Lee Sung Wook began to investigate the prosthetic again in earnest.

lee-je-hoon1.jpglee-sung-wook.jpg

In the stills released from the drama, tension has erupted between the two men. Lee Je Hoon looks angry at Lee Sung Wook, but Lee Sung Wook looks at him as confidently as if he’s already found out the answers he needed.

There has been hostility between the two characters because of Lee Je Hoon’s secret from the very beginning of the drama. In the photos, the two characters have somehow found themselves at a police station, indicating things have taken a turn for the worse.

The production staff stated, “Next week’s broadcast will feature an unexpected situation with Lee Soo Yeon at the center and add tension to the story. Please look forward to the next episode with bated breath.”

where-stars-land.jpg

23 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I would understand when 10 years ago maybe people would look at SY on wheelchair differently, but I'd like to think things are different now in the society...

I would like to think so as well.  Unfortunately, that does not always seem to be the case.  When we meet people one-on-one, taking time to get to know them very well, we may be able to look beyond the disability.  But upon first meeting, people are almost never able to do so unless they have deep familiarity with that sort of disability.  

Just for example:  Yesterday when I was putting my groceries in my car, a very elderly woman who had her car parked next to mine was having a lot of difficulty with her mobility scooter and with her shopping bags.  One of the cart boys offered to help her.  But he had to speak to her several times, and he was getting increasingly agitated because he thought she was ignoring him.  As a young and healthy person, it never occurred to him that the lady was going deaf and could not hear him.  But I knew because my mother also had trouble with her hearing as she became elderly.  I calmed the young man down, and I gently patted the lady on the shoulder so she would know I was talking to her.  And we helped her get things sorted out.  She hugged me and said that she was 90 years old but she didn't know how or why she had lived that long.  Bless her heart.  The young man didn't understand, and he didn't listen; he meant well but he had no experience with old people.  Hopefully he learned something but I kinda doubt it.

This is the issue in dealing with disability.  We have to learn.  We need to be familiar with the problems the disabled may face.  We will never be understanding or sympathetic until we do.  We need to know what sympathy is and we need to be cautious about looking down on someone who is different--it's a delicate line sometimes.

By the way, I am disabled myself.  I am mobile and I look okay.....but I'm not okay and I never will be.  My illness is not fatal but it is incurable and there is no treatment for it.  I say this only to explain that I know first-hand about some of the misunderstandings and the pain that disabled people feel when they are treated as something less.

In fact this is why I was so very angry with YR early on in this drama when she slapped SY when he said he could not feel pain.  Some other posters disliked my comment about the fact that this was abuse of a disabled person.  They thought I was taking it the wrong way but I was not wrong.  I still feel upset about her slapping someone she knew had a problem--that was childish and cruel.  In fact, I have felt sufficiently upset that I have not watched many of the episodes since because I want to spoiled about how this drama handles the important fact of SY's physical limitations before I put my heart into watching the remainder of the episodes.  It's a vital issue, and it needs to be addressed with sincerity.

Yes, I want to believe that something will change for the better for disabled people, and I hope that it does.  I hope that the disabled will no longer be pushed into the background.  But we can only change things one person at a time; and we have to be very careful at the same moment not to offend those with physical challenges because they need to be strong on their own terms.

Is this a hot button issue for me?  Well, yes it is.  And that is why I am following this show with great interest even if I'm not watching it right now.

@thistle Thank you for sharing your perspective and your personal story as well. I can understand what you mean by physically looking okay but actually not feeling okay since I have been in such condition many times. Thankfully, I can manage my body and it is mostly under control now. 

We keep the hope that there will be more effort to educate people how to appreciate differences (be it ability, age, race, etc) and know how to act/respond positively in any given situation. 

we didnt ge so much stills this week !!!!!!!!

i guess we hav to wait for tomorrow :bawling:

On 11/10/2018 at 4:44 AM, triplem said:

@thistle Thanks for sharing with us your story. Sending you some :heart:.

———

I can understand why LSY feels the way he does & wants to hide it from the rest of the world . It became clear to me towards the end of eps 10 at the staff pantry when things started sticking to him . The look that IW and YR gave him was one of shock & surprise. But for  SY, he feels that his disability & the malfunctioning of his support equipment makes him look like a freak. I know it’s easy to say he should ignore it , but if we were to put ourselves in his shoes , we  will understand that the normalcy that abled body people have is something that they always take for granted . For SY , being normal is his ultimate wish- go to work like a normal person, date like a normal person , move like a normal person . But to him being normal seems like an impossibility , needing much effort - it is hard work & often brings pain and grief . I really feel for him

i agree we can't really know how to act or to feel if we not in his place or shoes 

it easy to talk , it hard to live it , we can see how much it was dreamy like life for him to find someone to accept and love him the way he is , when he saw the couple in the airport were the man living his love life shown his disability, sy give that warm face as he see his dream goal , the things he thought cant happen to him 

that why he have the courrage to go in his first real date without the device , since it was important to him to face his fear as long as he know that YR isn't the tybe who he should trick or hide things from her, she show so much understatnding , accepting and love for him to do that anymore

i don't think it easy even right now , there so many people who suffer , not cause people treat them as freak, no , it cause they treat them as sick people with their eyes and way of dealing with them , that feeling is more harder then anyone can think about ,  to be normal it not easy things to people like SY , and even right now so many places in world and so many people still can't see the different between being nice and between hurting someone with their over nice or over acting it nothing infront of sick people 

sy didn't face bad people who make fun of him or tell him he a freak , he fear the most the normal nice people who may never speak with him , the people who look at him with eyes of feeling bad or trying to be nice look that  hurt him more then  anything also , so it not just about the time change  and  people more understanding and and treat disabilty person in good ways , it about seeing disabilty person as normal human being not a kid that should treat him nice or a poor adult who we should avoid hurt him with our talk or dealing but we hurt him with our though and eyes 

it hard to explain this feeling if you not SY and you not living in the  korea or other place who still find it hard to accepet disabilty people as normal people in their daily life and work zoon , so i was angry from sy for hidden things and trying to run away  after that but i understand him , as we know he need a little first steps from YR to show him that it not that she just take what he offer but she like him enought to start her way of giving him her way of love 

On 11/9/2018 at 4:25 PM, thistle said:
On 11/8/2018 at 4:37 PM, ktcjdrama said:

I would understand when 10 years ago maybe people would look at SY on wheelchair differently, but I'd like to think things are different now in the society...

I would like to think so as well.  Unfortunately, that does not always seem to be the case.  When we meet people one-on-one, taking time to get to know them very well, we may be able to look beyond the disability.  But upon first meeting, people are almost never able to do so unless they have deep familiarity with that sort of disability. 

yes time change but as we all write about,  it not just time change it people changing or not , accepting things don't mean understand them so well , people may start to accept didabilty people but it not that they know how to deal with them for real  with understand their feeling 

Just for example:  Yesterday when I was putting my groceries in my car, a very elderly woman who had her car parked next to mine was having a lot of difficulty with her mobility scooter and with her shopping bags.  One of the cart boys offered to help her.  But he had to speak to her several times, and he was getting increasingly agitated because he thought she was ignoring him.  As a young and healthy person, it never occurred to him that the lady was going deaf and could not hear him.  But I knew because my mother also had trouble with her hearing as she became elderly.  I calmed the young man down, and I gently patted the lady on the shoulder so she would know I was talking to her.  And we helped her get things sorted out.  She hugged me and said that she was 90 years old but she didn't know how or why she had lived that long.  Bless her heart.  The young man didn't understand, and he didn't listen; he meant well but he had no experience with old people.  Hopefully he learned something but I kinda doubt it.

thank for sharing it 

it maybe look simple  daily story but it not,  it explain what this drama trying to let us understand . sometime we want to help but that don't mean we doing it in the right way , or not even hurting someone more 

people like this they want to be nice but sometime it come from a very not understanding view of what the person infrot of them really need , thanks for giving such a daily proof of how it hard and why the disabilty people still suffering till now , even when time change and people are more open to this issuse and for sure we still not talking about dealing with them in every day or personal life as normal as they should be in our thoughs

This is the issue in dealing with disability.  We have to learn.  We need to be familiar with the problems the disabled may face.  We will never be understanding or sympathetic until we do.  We need to know what sympathy is and we need to be cautious about looking down on someone who is different--it's a delicate line sometimes.

By the way, I am disabled myself.  I am mobile and I look okay.....but I'm not okay and I never will be.  My illness is not fatal but it is incurable and there is no treatment for it.  I say this only to explain that I know first-hand about some of the misunderstandings and the pain that disabled people feel when they are treated as something less

thanks for sharing it dear , i respect sharing it and i understand your words the fact how it importanting to get the normal treatment and not less is more then what we can though of if we not in the same place , i have someone close to me who suffer from birth from some disabilty as time go and with help and working hard for years it hard to even notice it even with people who live with him , he someone i respect so much but you know he not hidden this cause he feel a shame of it , he talk about so open infront of people who need that and suffer from the same pain or people he love and close to him but he don't talk about it infront of other people ,

he once said to me that he could came to accepet his as normal thing, he worked hard to live with it and he he proud of himself and want people to learn to do that but it not easy , not everyone is ready to see things like this , and no matter how strong he is , he still human with feeling so he don't have to go throught trying hard with everyone to ake them acting normal with him when not everyone can do that , that why he worked hard to look normal from outside and that why he don't share it with everyone , he want to live a life without fighting everyday to prove his simple right too , 

so i understand his words but i will never be able to really feel it like someone who facing it, it maybe look so much over acting about something people can face now but no it not , it the simple right of being normal that not the disabilty take from you  but the people who see it in you take it from you 

2018111121292057998-540x1446.png

Actor Lee Je Hoon has released SBS 'Fox Stars Star' rice car shots.

Lee Je Hoon said on his official Instagram account on the 11th, "I am now shooting the 'star of the fox city." "Thanks to that, I ate it warmly and drank it warmly. Thank you "and several pictures were released.

In the photo, Je Hoon is posing in front of a rice car made by his agency, entertainment company. It collects two hands and gracefully greets them, and from the state where they are blowing the heart of a hand, it brings out a feeling of goodness in various forms.

Je Hoon is playing Lee Soo Yeon who is wearing a wearable walking aid due to a traffic accident at the 'Fox Stars' on the air. The nationwide ratings of 7.5 percent and 22 percent of the nation's ratings, which was broadcast on June 6, topped the nation's highest audience rating (based on Nielsen Korea).

source: http://news.hankyung.com/article/2018111142764

9 hours ago, triplem said:

But as a part of his growth arc, he will come to realise that society judges you whether or not you have any disability, and that you cannot stop what others think of you. He can however still live a full and meaningful  life ,and be loved . For me  SY's inferiority is also because he has no accepted his own condition. Once he makes peace with that internally , he will  see  that he  need not hold himself to society's standards to be happy or to live the life he wants.

This! I agree will be the key to his growth. He isn't even confident to share it with the girl he loves. We will see him start to change and grow as he shares it with YR tonight... :) 

Archived