[Drama 2018] Where Stars Land / Fox Bride Star ★ 여우각시별

Maetawinz

So after all this time, it actually has been cleared that the man is indeed yeoreum's father. this picture was out on 29th september

c9f0cd8a-845a-4020-8053-30525e3a9ac8.jpg

my thoughts on the epilogue, sooyeon likes her right when she entered the bar, but after she hold the necklace he eventually remembered that she is the daughter of the man who saved his life :wub:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@denaciously The thing is that her father knew SY even before the accident as he used to visit his bar. He was even the one who gave SY what SIW had left behind on the day of the accident. He knew their relationship. Therefore he already had some affection towards the young boy and had to stop him from committing suicide. He wasn't saving a stranger but someone he knew...

SIW's problem with LSY is that he feels guilty for abandoning him there to die. Now, every moment he sees SY he is reminded of what he did, that's why he wants to get rid of him  I guess and hope, that there will be more reason to come as why he needs SY to go, but for know I'd say that whenever he sees his former brother, he is reminded of how bad of a person he iswhat-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?129279378

I love how honest and straight forward Lee SY is about his feelingslove-you-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?12927

@triplem @tianaa @ktcjdrama I have to correct my view about SIW. I still maintain that he is a selfish coward but his decision (running away from the accident) should be judged differently. He left his brother behind in order to save his brother's life. The thugs were already talking about taking the body and hiding it somewhere so basically, they wanted to let him die and hide his corpse later. When SIW ran away, the thugs realized that their main target was disappearing... so SIW turned their attention towards him so that SY was left there and could be saved. In my opinion, there are two reasons why SIW is after SY:

1. He doesn't want to be reminded of his own failures. I do think that due to his guilt he feels uncomfortable being around him. Besides, he is afraid that his past might be revealed.
  2. Notice that through his actions, SY is hating him more and more. And that's exactly what SIW wants. The more SY hates him, the better it is for him as he feels that he deserves to be hated by SY. To conclude, he is punishing himself through SY. Notice that SY did resent SIW but deep down, LSY did have this expectation that SIW would still care for him. He thought, if SIW met him again, he would ask him how he was doing aso. First, SIW felt relieved that SY was doing fine but when he tried to act like nothing had happened, SY pushed him away. So his guilt resurfaced... which triggered these two emotions: guilt, fear of being exposed, shame and the feeling that he only deserves SY's hate.

Finally, all this reveals SIW's major flaw: his self-centerness. He never pays attention to SY's feelings. While trying to push away SY so that SY will hate him more and more, SIW is actually destroying SY's dreams one more time. He wants HYR to run away from SY once she sees that he is suffering from a disability. SY wants to lead a normal life and that's exactly what SIW is ruining.

13 hours ago, blademan said:

I may be the minority here but I really wanna like/understand SIW and why he is the way he is??

I am so sure there's more to the story...

For example -->

- why the sudden change in attitude towards him now? he looked like he actually loved him as a younger brother in the past?

- he was clearly holding onto his feelings when he left SY in the past?

- there must have been a reason (not that it can validate what he did but it might lessen the blow)

- who was the previous owner of that shop? and is there a link SIW?

- what was that thing he left in the shop that SY was holding?

- why is he trying so hard to expel him from T2? (is he protecting him??)

- he was also affected by his own words to SY in tonight's episode? (some reverse psychology ish)

SO MANY QUESTIONS but I'm happy that the pace of the show is slowly picking up by consistently revealing a new puzzle piece every week :)

I did want to understand  him ; you not alone , in my heart of still think  that he in secret caring and trying to help him , but in away we don't see it yet , maybe he helped him back than too but indirect way without allowing himself to have the right to know about him since he felt guilty  and should be away from him all his life 

But there also till now only logic that make me hate him; so I will just follow the ep's  something I give myself the right to hate him since  no matter what his true heart right know he make sy suffering; and sometimes I will try to see hope behind his hateful doing as some way to protect  or make things clear in sy path 

About the old restaurant owner  ( yr father) there so many  secret  they proof  he yr father in ep 6 with his voice and him shown his daughter photos but they still hide his face!! That make us know for sure it not that simple  this man hold the key for more many secret. 

8 hours ago, denaciously said:

wow in the beginning of the lyrics I thought it told us yeoreum's story but towards the end I could feel sooyeon's side. They have different yet similar story.

I don't know why am I getting so emotional with this drama, yeoreum is so relatable for me with her desperation to show her capability on her works. Sooyeon's back story and how it ended up his whole life and dream also changed his nature makes me want to root for their happiness so badly :tears:

Yes different  but it the same, that the beautiful sometimes you see it just to different and most of the times it just the same 

People in pain are like this I love this drama for that part the most

@samecut123 thank for sharing the eng lyrics I like all the osts so far 

9 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

"She asked..." -- "He answered..." (Episode 11-12 played) "She asked..." -- "He answered..." (Epilogue) :wub:

And all the OST that has been played are just so great!!

I love the smile on LSY's face when he first saw YR across his desk that morning. Then towards the end, when he offered her to stay at his place. This guy wastes no time :D

Will be back later with comments on SIW-LSY relationship.

For me, it is not clear yet whether she is just curious about him, or interested (romantically) in him.... I am guessing just curious though.

eta: Regarding SIW - After watching ep.11-12, although my dislike for him grew, I'm going to give his character a chance until we see more. One thing I notice, he kept asking SY not to find/follow him all the time. He seemed to enjoy the admiration, but he'd rather SY stop and leave him alone. Then they had the noodles, and parted their ways amicably, still IW asking SY not to find him anymore. I'm guessing he thought he was not worth SY's attention and love and that walking close with him would probably get SY into troubles, because IW was involved in gangs. When the thugs came for him, they said something about how IW betrayed them and just walked out on them. So he must have been involved in some unpleasant stuff before. When the thugs got him and SY came to the scene, he was shooshing SY away too. But SY chased after them, and sure enough he got into the accident. As SY laid there, the thugs were discussing what to do with him, whether to discard/throw him away. Definitely not thinking of helping/saving him. If IW were to approach SY, hands bound with duct tape, one thing is sure to happen, he won't be able to save SY, nor fight the thugs as he was already losing earlier even with both hands free. The thugs would catch him again, and then all leave SY there, or even worse, took SY along to get rid of any hiccups. By running away in the opposite direction, IW actually distracted the thugs from dealing with SY, and gave a chance for SY to be discovered by someone else and saved, which was exactly what it came to be. But IW felt massive guilt for getting SY involved with his problems which led to the accident. He claimed that SY is blaming him, but much more than that, unconsciously, he was actually blaming himself even more severely for whatever happened to SY. Even in the current time, he probably is trying to protect SY too as he thought SY is just following him to work at the airport. This time he's doing it the heartless way since the friendly way in the past did not work and SY got hurt.

That's how I see it for now. Not trying to defend SIW, but just sharing my observation this far.

Nice view of things I would like it will be like this , he show different face in front of such and after he leave  in the lady episode, your way can explain  a lot , and we don't Even know why SIW  left home on the first place; why he was trying hard to make money, not that we know how sy mother and SIW  father family life was before the accident 

So he will have a chance to be a good person, not as evil and weak as we see him now, so as I write above hate him for sy pain and understanding when he show other sides  to the story, human can't be just angel or  just evil  they live between all their life.

10 hours ago, joonminfan said:

I have not watched the latest episode yet! Does NYJ really like SY? :unsure:

No comment , from the preview all we know that from her not thinking talk abd maybe without really wanted or known maybe will start rumors about sy and yr 

If she saw yr leaving sy house that mean she lived close to him and know him even from  a far, maybe she just curious of this mysterious man she saw all the time from far or maybe it feeling , next week we will know with everyone talk about sy and yr  dating 

@nona88 @joonminfan I doubt that NYJ is romantically interested in LSY. We shouldn't forget that she was the one who sent HYR to SY, when HYR was looking for the person who treated her mother. NYJ has already noticed that LSY loves HYR but tries to hide his feelings from her. To me, she is more interested to find out why this man is always hiding and doesn't want to be seen. However, I sense that her colleague might perceive her interest in LSY in a different way. He will think that she likes this man. In my opinion, NYJ won't be the one spreading the gossip about LSY and HYR but she might confine to her superior who will be the one spreading the rumor, although he never intended to. As you know, people twist your words around and at the end, what people are gossiping is totally different from what you said. To me, NYJ will be on SY's side and try to protect him. I am sure that she will also attempt to protect HYR as well as the latter didn't reveal her name ...

Just want to share my FMV of Where Stars Land using the OST Part 1. This is from HYR perspective. If I have time, I'll make one from LSY's using OST Part 2. I was just so inspired while listening to it so I made this. :D:wub: 

Disclaimer: This video is blocked in some countries though. :(

Alternate link: https://www.facebook.com/130692790337774/videos/926913737505056/

1 hour ago, orangeprincess18 said:

hello hello everyone!!

does anyone know the title of english song that played again in the latest episode?

i'm dying to know !!! 

I also want to know the other songs playing in the background. I identified 3 nice songs I guess which are still unreleased.

14 minutes ago, samecut123 said:

Just want to share my FMV of Where Stars Land using the OST Part 1. This is from HYR perspective. If I have time, I'll make one from LSY's using OST Part 2. I was just so inspired while listening to it so I made this. :D:wub:

Disclaimer: This video is blocked in some countries though. :(

I can’t see it.. :bawling:

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

@nona88 @joonminfan I doubt that NYJ is romantically interested in LSY. We shouldn't forget that she was the one who sent HYR to SY, when HYR was looking for the person who treated her mother. NYJ has already noticed that LSY loves HYR but tries to hide his feelings from her. To me, she is more interested to find out why this man is always hiding and doesn't want to be seen. However, I sense that her colleague might perceive her interest in LSY in a different way. He will think that she likes this man. In my opinion, NYJ won't be the one spreading the gossip about LSY and HYR but she might confine to her superior who will be the one spreading the rumor, although he never intended to. As you know, people twist your words around and at the end, what people are gossiping is totally different from what you said. To me, NYJ will be on SY's side and try to protect him. I am sure that she will also attempt to protect HYR as well as the latter didn't reveal her name ...

I agree that if she was the source  to the rumours it will never be that it was her intended  she maybe simply say something to her boss or even to yr  and someone hear  and make the rumours  go wild , I said she will be the do that  without even known  herself, her character is straight and ask directly, we saw so far she a bit out of social  logic and a little shy and timed  person inside  even when she outside strong and indifferent  

She not the kind  to hurt someone in ways like this, but that don't deny  the fact she has some interesting in sy  if that romance  or not we will know latter it not I am going to hate her if she like him, with her personality i don't think she can make anything to hate her, not the typical love river that I would be afraid  of 

But I hope it not romance , her boss seem so into her without reilazing so it okay some misunderstood for him to face his feeling 

36 minutes ago, samecut123 said:

Thanks for sharing it , love it :heart:

My friends I think I understand that we still don't know the full story of sy falling in love with yr, I get that her father was his light and the one who bring him to life , hope and fighting again 

So yr father was someone so important  to sy maybe more than what he meant to his daughter  ( I know she loved him so much ) 

Yr  father maybe talked about his beloved daughter  to sy so much  as they know each other  for long , so she was part of the hope and life he was having through her father in the most hard time in his life  , he did fall for her before ,  and know he like her as soon as he saw her, keep falling more while knowing  her later  everyday , he maybe was drawing  to what he knew about  her but like her father I think both of them keep surprise  him again  everytime of how much they different from others 

He fall for her before known that she can accepted him, but with every act she do she prove  she more than what he ever wanted or dream about  , 

Yr  don't have confidence in herself  why he would like someone  like me as he in elite level and hated  everything about me , and  SY don't have confidence in himself too and see her as dream or miracle 

Love both people delma, sy not ready to show that side to her yet, but he wants to be with her, his feelings winning  over his fear , I think the fact he tell her to come to his house wasn't a favor  for her it was a favor for him he was feeling down and seeing her there was enough to take his burden away, he was saying " I want you to stay by my side since it hard for me now

And it was more like opening a door for her to know more about him, he in fear but he wants to let her on and let her know his secret, he aware he can't hide it from her and ask for feeling anymore 

Yr  father wow I out of words about how much I want to know about this man 

I just finished the latest episode. Oh my.. :wub:

1) “Then do you like me?”

She asked.

”Yes.”

He answered. :wub:

2) How he rushed to Fox Bride Star to get the owner to fix his arm so that he could “go to work” the next day. -_-

3) They kept stealing glances at each other at their work desks. :rolleyes:

4) It took him 3 seconds to fall for her. :wub:

5) The accidental hug. :kiss_wink:

6) How afraid he was for her to find out that his arm is not “normal”. :bawling:

7) “You can stay over at my place for the night.” :relieved:

8) “Why is it me?”

She asked.

”It only took three seconds to like you.”

He answered. :heart:

How is SY so smooth and calm while saying all these to YR? His heart must be jumping out of his throat! Oh my.. my heart is fluttering so I wonder how YR’s could not. :glasses:

From the preview, it seems that YR went to spend the night at SY’s place. I wonder what made her cave, when just half a day ago she was “rejecting” him. :blush:

It’s killing me, having to wait another 5 days for the next episode.

I really hope that NYJ is just curious about SY, and not interested in him romantically. A crushed KES is more than my heart can handle. And I really ship NYJ with ODG. I think they are going to be so cute together! He may be her supervisor at work, but she is the one who wears the pants in their relationship. :lol:

okay i said i hate siw now but let give him another different view of the ugly things he do 

it forgiving moment ( will not last long )

sorry for the long post 

• leaving SY behind, okay as some of you said here my freinds, he couldn't save him by himself he maybe just run off so they follow him or SY survive by himself or SIW asked help for him 

• not asking or known anything about sy all this year, he was running from bad , power ,merciless people as we saw , they find about SY so they maybe try to use SY to find him, after sy was in danger and almost useless human being to the evil people they will not mind him since he knows nothing if they saw that SIW abounded him and never care or come to look for him , so by staying away he protect him , or maybe he did make a deal with them so he had to stay away for a while 

• he didn't help him at all these years, we still know nothing about  that,  he did know YR father too, he was going there for a while maybe he asked yr father to help his brother before going away , maybe he did help more than that in secret without even allow himself to know anything about sy or let sy know anything about him

• now about him making the security team leader investigating him , maybe he worry since he saw SY doing dangerous things in secret and hide even the fact he hurt, maybe he just worry that he may be in more danger if that keeps going on, his secret can't keep being hidden forever and SIW know that the security team leader hate him ( hate SIW) so it maybe help SY more if SIW was after him and attacking him than if they find it out by themselves later. maybe in that way they will not be so against SY so much since it what SIW want( SIW is the enemy, not SY)  . or maybe he really  just can't hold on being close to SY he wants to make him stay away from him since he seeing that SY beside him is more dangerous than being any other places

• okay about the thing i hate him the most for it , let me look at it with bright eyes, why he using YR ??, he doesn't use YR to find about SY , he not trying to make her get away from his brother, actually i can give him a chance since his looks at YR sure has so many different feelling ,sometimes i think  he keeps looking at her with fatherly, proud and care look, just how he looks when she was easy talking with gangster and smiling and they like her too, so maybe , just maybe he starts to like her , maybe he interset in her since he seeing how SY look at her , it not from evil or bad hidden  reason but from older brother intersting in the girl his younger brother like , if all the nice things i thought about above right, he well be so intersting and worry about anyone close to SY as he really care , so maybe he want her to find about SY so she can decide if she will keep being okay with that , he not stupied he saw she differnt with people so maybe he has hope she will accept it and help SY  or at least be careful to not give him false hope 

that the end of it my friends, that what the meaning being understanding and has positive thinking, i am not angel so i will hate him when i need to and will not force myself think about all the " maybe " above all the time.  i will allow myself being angry, hating and understanding in each act i saw from him as much as i can  think or feel,

but if all  that was right that means SIW is another lost soul that needs help,, he did suffer alone and as YR said " i guess you can't judge people that easy" , if he really doing all that as his weird way to help and save the brother he love and never forget about , than i am ready to look at him and his surviving road to through this drama, but if he was just a weak and self-center person as much as he makes us think right now  i will hate him enough and pray enough for him to be taught what the meaning of living in right way 

3 hours ago, joonminfan said:

From the preview, it seems that YR went to spend the night at SY’s place. I wonder what made her cave, when just half a day ago she was “rejecting” him. :blush:

It’s killing me, having to wait another 5 days for the next episode.

I really hope that NYJ is just curious about SY, and not interested in him romantically. A crushed KES is more than my heart can handle. And I really ship NYJ with ODG. I think they are going to be so cute together! He may be her supervisor at work, but she is the one who wears the pants in their relationship. :lol:

Sorry for cutting your post. 

I think the reason that YR goes to his place has partly to do with his arm. It is suggested that the whole main reason she was "rejecting" him was because she felt so flawed and "lower" than his great and prestigious self. She mentions it several times to him, asking why would he like her who didn't go to an elite school, who is constantly messing up and such. She has viewed herself as "lower" than him on the social scale. Finding out about his arm has made him less of a lofty person and more human and on equal standing with her, so she is currently second guessing what he has thought about him. 

Plus, she has not hated SY, YR has very much looked up to him and likes him in a way. He has done a lot of amazing and wonderful things for her. He has saved her life several times, helped her out to achieve her highly desired complements from her boss, and has taken care of her mother.  So I can see her just following him home without too much protest, plus he will convince her to go. 

My guess is that as she finds out more about SY and his condition, the more she will feel comfortable with him and will decrease the gap she feels exists between them. Since she will realize that like her, he has had his own trials to overcome.

I agree that NYJ is just curious about SY and is not romantically interested. I think she wants to know what is going on with him and why he seems to be acting like batman when YR is involved. I do think that she will become a source of help to him later.

Archived