[Drama 2018] Where Stars Land / Fox Bride Star ★ 여우각시별

Maetawinz

43 minutes ago, irma1129 said:

And now He use YR, the person who really important to SY. I HATE HIM

This is one of the reasons I love dramas.  They give us someone we can use to vent our wrath on.  We need fictional evil-doers so that we can relieve our feelings of anger.  This absolutely rotten character is perfect for that:  I can't stand him either!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@irma1129 @thistle @guinearoyal To me, SIW acts like a selfish coward who always runs away from any responsability. HE abandoned Sy back then and I am sure that 2 years ago, he must have done something similar to Yang... this would explain why as soon as he met her, he asked her if she was still mad at him after two years. Now, he can't run away anymore hence he is trying to push SY away. In his eyes, SY and Yang represent a thread to him, since SY and Yang are working together and he definitely thinks that Yang plotted against him. The scene in front of the bar gave me this impression. 

I haven't watched the latest episode yet but I am quite sure that the people from security will side with SY.     

Something that may seem impossible to someone.......could happen as a miracle to someone else

The moment that may seem to pass like a coincidence for one person......could feel like a fate to another one

Why time is matter it could take for someone three weeks, three years or three seconds to suddenly start liking someone

Each person can have a different memory about the time they first met someone

:heart:this words are what this drama about, no this words are what real life looks like:heart: this words just make me remember must of my important life moment it just true each word is true, life is like that the same events that have many different impacts on different people, sometimes we meet everyday miracles and we just don't see it like other may, sometime a passing person or something in our life can be a fate to other, watching this ep with sub, hearing this words make me feel at peace i just remember something important in my life so i will go to sleep with a smiling soul now .:relieved:

I may be the minority here but I really wanna like/understand SIW and why he is the way he is??

I am so sure there's more to the story...

For example -->

- why the sudden change in attitude towards him now? he looked like he actually loved him as a younger brother in the past?

- he was clearly holding onto his feelings when he left SY in the past?

- there must have been a reason (not that it can validate what he did but it might lessen the blow)

- who was the previous owner of that shop? and is there a link SIW?

- what was that thing he left in the shop that SY was holding?

- why is he trying so hard to expel him from T2? (is he protecting him??)

- he was also affected by his own words to SY in tonight's episode? (some reverse psychology ish)

SO MANY QUESTIONS but I'm happy that the pace of the show is slowly picking up by consistently revealing a new puzzle piece every week :)

1 hour ago, blademan said:

I may be the minority here but I really wanna like/understand SIW and why he is the way he is??

For example -->

- why the sudden change in attitude towards him now? he looked like he actually loved him as a younger brother in the past?

- he was clearly holding onto his feelings when he left SY in the past?

- there must have been a reason (not that it can validate what he did but it might lessen the blow)

- who was the previous owner of that shop? and is there a link SIW?

- what was that thing he left in the shop that SY was holding?

- why is he trying so hard to expel him from T2? (is he protecting him??)

- he was also affected by his own words to SY in tonight's episode? (some reverse psychology ish)

SO MANY QUESTIONS but I'm happy that the pace of the show is slowly picking up by consistently revealing a new puzzle piece every week :)

Right now my heart is much stronger and i feel like I will never like him -

but still my head told me - maybe there is...  this one tear from him made me think like that. I don´t really want to like him - but i too believe we will find out about what happen in that past from his point of view later.

I got remembered on an older Drama. It was Han Ah Reum too - who act as the young version from the male lead. He was in a situation where he could not help his girlfriend and left her alone.... he begged his father to help her but that did not worked out... and so he lived for many years with a lot of pain....

Right now they show us a guy who acts coldblooded and selfish - but maybe they will let us see more from his hidden self later - and maybe he tried to get help back than. Just maybe - he was forced to not look for his once brother and stepmother so his fahter took care for what he did. What ever - there can be more and I will find out ...

but right now I just hate him....

And I am greatful that SY is angry too... i would not like to see him only sad because of this jerk. Its good that he is angry (but still in pain...).

20 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

but still my head told me - maybe there is...  this one tear from him made me think like that. I don´t really want to like him - but i too believe we will find out about what happen in that past from his point of view later.

1 hour ago, blademan said:

I am trying to understand him as well. Seeing that he did seem conflicted whether to go help young SY or to run away from the thugs. Given that his hands were bounded, I guess he couldn't do much also at that time. We are not shown whether he asked for help, maybe there will be flashback that he did...? And now after the confrontation with SY, he was crying as well. I hope we're shown more of him soon. But in anyways, I've accepted that LDG might have signed up to play a baddie this time. He might be or might not be redeemed in the end... Only when you feel strongly towards a person that you will have such a strong reaction towards that person too... Maybe he did love SY much but stuff/circumstances got in the way and he reacted in a negative way instead of positive way.

next week, we will see Eun Sub and Daegi reaction when their girls especially Yeorum " dating" with Soo Yeon and the security girl likes Soo Yeon. I find it's interesting to see Daegi reaction when he finds out his boss girl has a feeling to other man xD

16 minutes ago, ruzikie said:

next week, we will see Eun Sub and Daegi reaction when their girls especially Yeorum " dating" with Soo Yeon and the security girl likes Soo Yeon. I find it's interesting to see Daegi reaction when he finds out his boss girl has a feeling to other man xD

I have not watched the latest episode yet! Does NYJ really like SY? :unsure:

"She asked..." -- "He answered..." (Episode 11-12 played) "She asked..." -- "He answered..." (Epilogue) :wub:

And all the OST that has been played are just so great!!

I love the smile on LSY's face when he first saw YR across his desk that morning. Then towards the end, when he offered her to stay at his place. This guy wastes no time :D

Will be back later with comments on SIW-LSY relationship.

1 hour ago, joonminfan said:

I have not watched the latest episode yet! Does NYJ really like SY? :unsure:

For me, it is not clear yet whether she is just curious about him, or interested (romantically) in him.... I am guessing just curious though.

eta: Regarding SIW - After watching ep.11-12, although my dislike for him grew, I'm going to give his character a chance until we see more. One thing I notice, he kept asking SY not to find/follow him all the time. He seemed to enjoy the admiration, but he'd rather SY stop and leave him alone. Then they had the noodles, and parted their ways amicably, still IW asking SY not to find him anymore. I'm guessing he thought he was not worth SY's attention and love and that walking close with him would probably get SY into troubles, because IW was involved in gangs. When the thugs came for him, they said something about how IW betrayed them and just walked out on them. So he must have been involved in some unpleasant stuff before. When the thugs got him and SY came to the scene, he was shooshing SY away too. But SY chased after them, and sure enough he got into the accident. As SY laid there, the thugs were discussing what to do with him, whether to discard/throw him away. Definitely not thinking of helping/saving him. If IW were to approach SY, hands bound with duct tape, one thing is sure to happen, he won't be able to save SY, nor fight the thugs as he was already losing earlier even with both hands free. The thugs would catch him again, and then all leave SY there, or even worse, took SY along to get rid of any hiccups. By running away in the opposite direction, IW actually distracted the thugs from dealing with SY, and gave a chance for SY to be discovered by someone else and saved, which was exactly what it came to be. But IW felt massive guilt for getting SY involved with his problems which led to the accident. He claimed that SY is blaming him, but much more than that, unconsciously, he was actually blaming himself even more severely for whatever happened to SY. Even in the current time, he probably is trying to protect SY too as he thought SY is just following him to work at the airport. This time he's doing it the heartless way since the friendly way in the past did not work and SY got hurt.

That's how I see it for now. Not trying to defend SIW, but just sharing my observation this far.

3198174.jpg

Where Stars Land OST Part 1

Chungha – It Was You (너였나 봐)

Always in my head
There was one memory that was a question mark
That day, it was like a movie scene
My entire body was pounding
I couldn’t make a sound
I covered my mouth
I just kept staring at you

It was you, my heart recognized you
I kept waving at you
Like the smell of the wind on a rainy day
You felt so familiar
It was you
It was really you

If there’s some place in your heart
That you can’t feel
With all my heart
I’ll shake you up
Can you feel it? Right here
All those surprises you gave to me
Now I’ll give back to you

I kept waving at you
You felt so familiar
It was you

Though I can cover it
Though I can hide it
I can’t change how I feel
I’m nearby, can you hear me? Let me tell you
Your hands are so warm

I kept waving at you
You felt so familiar
It was you

English Translation from popgasa

Oh I'm loving the OST more now that I understand the lyrics.:wub: I might end up making a fanmade MV of this. So many scenes I want to include.:D

fox.png

[Fox Bride Star] Eps 9 & 10 Lee Je Hoon confesses after Chae Soo Bin asks, "Do you happen to like me?"

Article: Naver 'Fox Bride Star' Lee Je Hoon confesses his feelings for Chae Soo Bin

1. [+155,-1]
"Do you like me?" My golden scene. 

2. [+113,-9]
If only Fox Bride Star continues to increase in viewer ratings in the future!! Today's episode especially was a legend. 

3. [+92,-5]
Lee Je Hoon and Chae Soo Bin. ㅠㅠㅠㅜ No, but are they crazy? I'm going crazy because my heart fluttered so much. And to add, the directing is so good. 

4. [+69,-5]
It's so interesting. Lee Je Hoon and Chae Soo Bin both have good acting skills. 

5. [+27,-1]
I really like Lee Je Hoon!!! He expressed his emotions so well. 

6. [+20,-0]
Lee Je Hoon... I looked at him in a new light after watching his role as Park Yeol. Lee Je Hoon is someone you can watch and believe in. 

7. [+19,-2]
Lee Je Hoon's acting is really good.  ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

=======

Spoiler

foxbride.png

[Fox Bride Star] Eps 11 & 12 Lee Je Hoon asks Chae Soo Bin, "Do you want to come to my house?"

Article: Naver 'Fox Bride Star' Lee Dong Gun, "What's with Lee Je Hoon's arm?" 

1. [+90,-3]
I like the colors and music in this drama. 

2. [+87,-3]
Lee Je Hoon's acting is really good... It's not exaggerated too. He's good. 

3. [+61,-2]
3 seconds.. Lee Soo Yeon fell for her face, huh.. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+60,-6]
Chae Soo Bin is really pretty. It's a given to have fallen for her within 3 seconds. 

5. [+23,-1]
How am I supposed to wait till next week? ㅠㅠㅠㅠ  I'm really looking forward. ㅜㅠㅠ

6. [+11,-0]
I really like Lee Je Hoon's voice. 

7. [+12,-3]
He said do you want to come to my house? ㅜㅠㅠ

8. [+8,-0]
Lee Je Hoon's acting isn't too much, doesn't feel fake, and because he's honest, I'm attracted to him even more. 

9. [+7,-0]
Ah.. ㅠㅠ How do I wait for a week... 

10. [+7,-0]
It feels like both yesterday's and today's episodes are just a short break. And they will start developing the story next week. 

cr

29 minutes ago, samecut123 said:

Where Stars Land OST Part 1

Chungha – It Was You (너였나 봐)

Always in my head
There was one memory that was a question mark
That day, it was like a movie scene
My entire body was pounding
I couldn’t make a sound
I covered my mouth
I just kept staring at you

I kept waving at you
You felt so familiar
It was you
It was really you

If there’s some place in your heart
That you can’t feel
With all my heart
I’ll shake you up
Can you feel it? Right here
All those surprises you gave to me
Now I’ll give back to you

I kept waving at you
You felt so familiar
It was you

Though I can cover it
Though I can hide it
I can’t change how I feel
I’m nearby, can you hear me? Let me tell you
Your hands are so warm

I kept waving at you
You felt so familiar
It was you

English Translation from popgasa

Oh I'm loving the OST more now that I understand the lyrics.:wub: I might end up making a fanmade MV of this. So many scenes I want to include.:D

wow in the beginning of the lyrics I thought it told us yeoreum's story but towards the end I could feel sooyeon's side. They have different yet similar story.

I don't know why am I getting so emotional with this drama, yeoreum is so relatable for me with her desperation to show her capability on her works. Sooyeon's back story and how it ended up his whole life and dream also changed his nature makes me want to root for their happiness so badly :tears:

3200151.jpg

정세운 (Jeong Sewoon) – 이봐 이봐 이봐 (Told You So)

Where Stars Land OST Part 2

Look, look, look
I thought of you and you came

Look, look, look
We ran into each other
I don’t think this is just a coincidence
Am I the only one?

Maybe someone’s listening to me
Strangely, I keep seeing you
Thinking it’s coincidence is just momentary
Because I see you, again and again

Even on days so painful
Even on days so overwhelming
Just like today and every day
You’re by my side

Each time, I feel you
You, you, you

Look, look, look
Look, look, look
We ran into each other like coincidence
My heart, your heart, everything

I’m not used to this
As if this is happening to someone else
When I see you
My face isn’t comfortable
I feel so strange
You, you, you

Look, look, look
Look, look, look
We ran into each other like coincidence

It’s not even summer
But I keep getting hot when I see you
There’s so many people
But I keep only seeing you

Now all my days
Are following you

My heart and my eyes
They only look at you every day

Look, look, look
Look, look, look

English Translation from Popgasa

Wow! The lyrics are so good. :wub: I feel so giddy imaging our OTP.:D

I feel like the 1st OST is from the perspective of HYR and 2nd OST is from LSY.:wub:

What I loved about the ending of this episode is that it seems they did first meet the day of the accident. But what YR doesn't remember is that they had met right before in the restaurant... he must have followed her out and saw the accident and then saved her, as they were wearing the same clothes as then. 

Also, I think it is good that YR is finding out about his disability. Not because she will have sympathy for her. But it seems her main hangup for SY liking her is that she seems to view him as this super elite capable person...and she is nothing but flaws and struggles. Her knowing about his struggles will actually make her feel like they have something in common and relate to each other. She stopped trying to find ways to reject him after seeing his resume...though she still wants to understand what it is that he sees in her.

I do worry about the security team investigating his support device. I do like that the security manager is not going around making a loud noise about his investigation and keeping what he finds under wraps. In fact, I am kind of viewing his sit down with SY as something private and warning to give him a heads up of what he will need to do to get though the investigation.  Though I don't think that SY will quit...as something will happen to keep him there. They do have more than half the drama to still go through. :)

....I am wondering however if SY helped to build it. I say that because in the apartment where he was hanging out it was full of designs and work tools.  

Hello!

I decided to break out of being a silent lurker (and finally come out of the shadows of being inactive on Soompi for a year) and participate in this thread hehe. I actually saw the poster on Viki's main page the week the first 4 episodes came out and I thought the poster was absolutely stunning and beautiful!! I tried so hard not to get into this drama but I ended up starting episode 1 the week the drama aired... Immediately fell for the drama and I was really curious what SY's secret was! We are finally getting SOME answers to all the questions we have, but you gotta bet that I have alot more questions to ask about this drama... I haven't watched episode 11 and 12 subbed yet, but I did watch it raw. I can't wait until YR starts to like SY back, hehe. I'm just waiting for that moment to happen! I also can't believe that SY outright admitted that he likes YR! I mean we have seen some hints about SY liking YR, but I didn't expect him to straight out say "Yes," when YR asked him if he likes her... Though it does seem like SY met YR's father and her father was the owner of the shop? I think that's what some people on here mentioned... I'm looking forward to learning more about our lead characters past, especially with SIW. I don't dislike SIW at the moment but I also don't like him - I don't like how he used YR to show her SY's personal information that mentions his disability. I'm just curious about him and what's up with him... Anyways, I look forward to the next episode and learning more about all of our characters!

1 hour ago, guinearoyal said:

What I loved about the ending of this episode is that it seems they did first meet the day of the accident. But what YR doesn't remember is that they had met right before in the restaurant... he must have followed her out and saw the accident and then saved her, as they were wearing the same clothes as then. 

....I am wondering however if SY helped to build it. I say that because in the apartment where he was hanging out it was full of designs and work tools.  

I thought the same thing when we got the flashback. She's wearing the same outfit she wore for her interview. The timeline of that day probably started with her wanting to visit her dad's old place for strength and encouragement as she goes for a job at where he used to work.

She and SY meet in that moment. He follows her out of the restaurant/bar, see's the accident and saves YR. It probably didn't stop there though as we know she turned up to the interview still bleeding, so must have rushed away from the scene to not be late. SY who we now know was already head over heels for her probably also followed her to the airport and discovered that she was applying for a job there.

When we saw his interview to work at the airport he said (internally) that he was lying about his reason for wanting to work there. By the end of the episode we suspect that the real reason is because of his step brother, but now I think it's because of YR. He knew she worked there and wanted to meet her again so worked to get hired there.

I also think he was probably involved in the creation of his support device since it's listed in his bio that he graduated from a Tech University.

As an aside, am I the only one relieved that the resolution to YR's suitcases was so small? I was imagining that they were going to get blown up by the bomb disposal team!

Dear GOD the way Soo-Yeon look at Yeo-Reum is (sighs dreamily) everything:wub:

I think Eun-Seob has a one-sided crush on Yeo-Reum. Yet another classic K-drama trope: :rolleyes:one-sided crushes and also otp meeting each other from childhood/earlier in their past... 

I'm not sure what In-Woo's deal is.. He abandoned Soo-Yeon at his time of need and is now trying to make amends or has something sinister in mind?<_<

Out of all of Chae Soo-Bin's dramas that I've watched so far, her character here is my least favorite.-_-

Archived