[Drama 2018] The Guest, 손

jeijei

Actually, Ahn Nae Sang is great as Father Yang. But you couldn't help but realise why everyone thought he could be PID is because he is too famous to be just a minor character (plus the fact he was not in the main press conference but the actors playing YK and Det Ko were there.) I wonder if YK knew he was going to die because I remember the actor mentioning in the press conference that many other actors introduced themselves along with mentioning which episode they would actually die in. LOL...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Actually, Ahn Nae Sang is great as Father Yang. But you couldn't help but realise why everyone thought he could be PID is because he is too famous to be just a minor character (plus the fact he was not in the main press conference but the actors playing YK and Det Ko were there.) I wonder if YK knew he was going to die because I remember the actor mentioning in the press conference that many other actors introduced themselves along with mentioning which episode they would actually die in. LOL...

But it’s just the first four episodes though haha, I think by then, episode 13 is still in the writing stage. But I guess the director might have hinted to him about it.

I have a feeling that if Mateo lives through this, he will be excommunicated from the church. SIGH...

From the vibe I get in EP 14, I have a bad feeling about his fate....

Plus he is 'I am ready to die' comment in the preview.

Father Yang does give good advice. He told HP not to be distracted. And 'STAB STAB STAB' because he was distracted. *face palms*

25 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

I have a feeling that if Mateo lives through this, he will be excommunicated from the church. SIGH...

From the vibe I get in EP 14, I have a bad feeling about his fate....

Plus he is 'I am ready to die' comment in the preview.

Father Yang does give good advice. He told HP not to be distracted. And 'STAB STAB STAB' because he was distracted. *face palms*

Face palm a lot for this drama haha..

The Guest have somewhat ruined the thoughts of mine. I’m was watching a clip for a movie called truth or dare and there is a scene where the possessed guy stab himself I think it’s his right eye..Immediately I was like Ah PID possessed him. My family who did not watch the guest they like what?

Watched epi 14, really that HP! Going to kill PID but no plans whatsoever and look at what happened to him.

HP found Father Yang and managed to tie him to a tree. But then when FY/PID was egging him on obviously, HP was asking him, what? Why? What?...

For goodness sakes man! He is evil and you are asking for answers that you don’t necessarily can trust. I was just so annoyed with HP.

From the preview, I am guessing CY saved him. 

How many more episodes do we have?

6 minutes ago, maribella said:

Watched epi 14, really that HP! Going to kill PID but no plans whatsoever and look at what happened to him.

HP found Father Yang and managed to tie him to a tree. But then when FY/PID was egging him on obviously, HP was asking him, what? Why? What?...

For goodness sakes man! He is evil and you are asking for answers that you don’t necessarily can trust. I was just so annoyed with HP.

From the preview, I am guessing CY saved him. 

How many more episodes do we have?

5 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

How are they going to catch PID in 2 episodes? :o oh no not the ‘time lapse’ approach? If HP were stabbed and he looked quite healthy in ep 15, there must be some time in between.

I did not see Grampa in the preview. But that is not surprising, I was holding my breath many times while watching and did FF as many times. 

I know why girls like CY so much. It is that cold exterior and being a priest he is unattainable, and not forgetting that tight shirt. :D 

14 minutes ago, maribella said:

How are they going to catch PID in 2 episodes? :o oh no not the ‘time lapse’ approach? If HP were stabbed and he looked quite healthy in ep 15, there must be some time in between.

I did not see Grampa in the preview. But that is not surprising, I was holding my breath many times while watching and did FF as many times. 

I know why girls like CY so much. It is that cold exterior and being a priest he is unattainable, and not forgetting that tight shirt. :D 

Haha I’m on the HP team. Anyways, that’s what have been bugging me a lot, it’s how to destroy PID in two episodes :sweatingbullets: it’s a struggle to come out with theories as to how it ends.

Possible Theories:

PID gets sealed in HP (Just a random no based theory) Naruto-Kuruma type

PID and HP dies together(Suicide)

Some sort of dream like fight(Like Freddie Kruger stuff)

Er, PID is never a real thing to began with (Just a random no based theory)

C'mon..

Spoiler

The only way to defeat PID is to dig out whatever that is buried and destroy it!

And then our trinity will look at each other... with blood from their mouth.. smile and THE END!

Tada!

Ding dong bell..... RIP PID

P.S: that's really the only plausible ending I can think of. Lol

I was excited for this drama, but it frustrates me week to week just how dumb the protagonists are. Why are they still keeping secrets from each other? Why is it so difficult to prove youre not possessed so you can work with the hot priest to go after the real bad guy djfjrjgkrbegsjf what pride do you left to save when your childhood possession killed off your family? Lol Why do they keep wanting to face demons alone, UNPREPARED? Why are they always leaving innocent people alone and sending them off to run important errands unaccompanied AT NIGHT? Why does the detective keep trying to do everything by the law when she knows how useless her commanding officer is??? Likewise with the diocese.  Why do they are always revealing to demons what they know and warning them beforehand? Its so exhausting watching this drama but ive come so far lol.... i keep hoping for a twist or progress in character development but nah, they just survive by sheer dumb luck. :(

44 minutes ago, jaydendoji said:

OppasSlyFox  i have complete opposite thoughts with you. :D I really love the progress of this drama,the characters and how they connect each pieces of the picture. Hope they will keep that till the end.

Same, I love them as we go all the way to the end.

In my watching-dramas experience, when you have yet found out the body then that person’s still alive

so hope for YG... i start thinking that what if the YG that HP saw is just like a soul of him :-? He has strong shaman power so maybe because he wants to let HP know what happened, he let the soul out of the body to guide HP? 

Reading k-netizen comments i can see that YG is well-loved in korea hahaha

6 hours ago, sushilicious said:

(6) How will HP’s Psychic Power be useful to the trio?Hopefully they can use him wisely (Omg, that sounded wrong, haha)

:D Hi @sushilicious I smiled at this question of yours especially the words in smaller print. I need to use a magnifying glass to read!!! Yup I too want to see if HP has any power or not.....so far his only power is to be able to see the possessed gonna kill a person.

5 hours ago, sushilicious said:

The Guest have somewhat ruined the thoughts of mine. I’m was watching a clip for a movie called truth or dare and there is a scene where the possessed guy stab himself I think it’s his right eye..Immediately I was like Ah PID possessed him. My family who did not watch the guest they like what?

hahahahahaha i know what you mean...in fact The Guest reminded me that not all churches are good. Cult churches instead of having angels, they have devils.

4 hours ago, maribella said:

I know why girls like CY so much. It is that cold exterior and being a priest he is unattainable, and not forgetting that tight shirt.

:wub: KJW makes a handsome and sexy priest.

2 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

The only way to defeat PID is to dig out whatever that is buried and destroy it!

And then our trinity will look at each other... with blood from their mouth.. smile and THE END!

chingu, your ending is so sad....I would cry buckets if that really happens.

Hello everyone, I enjoy myself coming in here almost everyday to read everyone's comments. Waiting for next week which is the finale week. Annyeong!

3 hours ago, OppasSlyFox said:

I was excited for this drama, but it frustrates me week to week just how dumb the protagonists are. Why are they still keeping secrets from each other? Why is it so difficult to prove youre not possessed so you can work with the hot priest to go after the real bad guy djfjrjgkrbegsjf what pride do you left to save when your childhood possession killed off your family? Lol Why do they keep wanting to face demons alone, UNPREPARED? Why are they always leaving innocent people alone and sending them off to run important errands unaccompanied AT NIGHT? Why does the detective keep trying to do everything by the law when she knows how useless her commanding officer is??? Likewise with the diocese.  Why do they are always revealing to demons what they know and warning them beforehand? Its so exhausting watching this drama but ive come so far lol.... i keep hoping for a twist or progress in character development but nah, they just survive by sheer dumb luck. :(

LOL... I think all the WHYs = 16 episodes.

My brother was commenting that this would make a really good movie (which will end in 2hrs which is only 2 episodes long)

I didn't feel a draggy moment throughout this drama so far.

weekend is coming so I have finally time to watch latest episodes. thank everyone for awesome insights. I really love reading everyones replies. This drama would be really aweosome to watch this halloween. 

guest14.png

[The Guest] Ep 14 spoilers, Kim Dong Wook x Kim Jae Wook x Jung Eun Chae

Article: Naver 'The Guest' Kim Jae Wook to Ahn Nae Sang, "You're Park Il Do?" confirms his identity 

1. [+122,-1]
To catch Park Il Do, you have to at least become Mo Tae Gu. 

2. [+60,-2]
It frustrates me that the leads are all so emotional. That's why they are always driven to the corner~

3. [+39,-6]
Is it that Park Il Do still doesn't have his own form... Priest Yang is just a puppet too. The grandfather will go and save his grandson. 

4. [+24,-0]
Special appearance, Mo Tae Gu. 

5. [+21,-0]
Priest Mo Tae Gu who will catch Park Il Do. 

6. [+13,-4]
What Yook Gwang saw buried in the ground is the grandfather's dead body.. Hwa Pyung had this dream of his dead grandfather wrapped in a plastic bag and getting dragged in the past.. The person dragging him is Ahn Nae Sang, he buried his grandfather's dead body in the backyard. The person lying in the hospital now is Park Il Do. Before Park Ho San got possessed, someone entered his ward and he stared at the person strangely while asking, "how did you come here..." The reason is probably because the grandfather is walking normally. Ahn Nae Sang is Park Il Do's right hand man. 

7. [+8,-0]
The moment the grandfather didn't get motion sickness when he took the bus, it's suspicious. That's not the grandfather.. His grandfather is lying in the backyard.. And Yook Gwang has found that.. The grandfather lying in ICU is not his grandfather~ 

theguest14.png

Article: Naver 'The Guest' breaks their best record in viewer ratings again.. First place against other dramas with same timing 

1. [+187,-0]
Not sure for the people who didn't watch it at all, but once you watch it, you can't stop... 

2. [+130,-2]
Because it's a cable channel, and the story is like that, that's why the ratings aren't high. This is thousands of times more complete than movies. 

3. [+59,-1]
The grandfather disappeared though..... 

4. [+30,-1]
I think the grandfather is Park Il Do. 

5. [+22,-0]
I've never followed and enjoyed a drama so much like this one. I hope there's a season 2 with Dong Wook and Jae Wook. Scriptwriter, are you reading this? 

6. [+14,-0]
Kim Dong Wook's acting is top class.. I'm in awe every time. 

7. [+13,-0]
This is the most interesting horror piece I've ever watched, including American ones! Park Il Do, Park Ii Do, Park Sam Do, Park Sa Do, Park Shim Do, let's continue with more seasons. ♥

8. [+10,-0]
It's a pity that it's ending soon. Time flew by watching this drama. 

cr

2 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

I didn't feel a draggy moment throughout this drama so far.

Same! I love them to the bone! Instead of feeling draggy, I felt that time goes by very fast!

PS I low key liked it whenever I see HP connecting to the possessed, especially the recent episode where Det Ko chants to him (His face is just *screams*)the fight scene between HP and GY is like my second favorite scene of HP’s haha. (Watched it alot of times)  

I like the idea of having a protagonist turning against other protagonists. It’s so nice!

CY’s recent dream of cutting himself that is first in place for CY’s scene.

GY’s crying scene is great too.

:heart:

Archived