[Drama 2018] The Guest, 손

jeijei

43 minutes ago, ellelyana88 said:

I forgot to write about the third point you point out above. After HP's dad died, in fact, when he just got possessed, I realized that the one who lied about who else left in the room with HP 20 years ago was Haraboji. He was inciting HP's dad to kill HP, then suddenly stopped him in front of HP, in order to make HP resent his dad and his dad left home. Haraboji also has been avoiding HP's question why he did not run away like his dad. Hmm..

I was actually wrote an even extreme assumption (but then deleted it) that Haraboji has been with PID's vessel since he witnessed Lee Chul Yong floating on the sea for 3 days. PID might have went to him. 

It is bugging me that all the possession and death to HP's family occurred right after the extended family know HP is a psychic. Think about the first episode. The first relative that got possessed was perhaps PID's way to confirm HP's ability. However, this theory also can be rebunked by the fact that, the young HP should have seen PID in his granpa. 

So, Haraboji might be PID since just 20 years ago, not since 60 years ago. Haha! (Too extreme). 

Well, the thing is that HP didn't show any psychic power until that day... so we have to imagine that his psychic powers were not so developed hence he couldn't recognize if someone was possessed. Moreover, he had no real knowledge about possession. He didn't realize it when the man got possessed either. So the haraboji might have already been PID but he was able to hide his true nature. However, when HP showed his true abilities, then this could have be seen by the haraboji as a thread and a chance to increase his power. I guess, he never thought that HP would be able to "reject" him. HP was not entirely possessed by PID. This explains why he saw a dark shadow in the corner of the room. I am still doubting that HP killed his mother and grandmother.  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Well, the thing is that HP didn't show any psychic power until that day... so we have to imagine that his psychic powers were not so developed hence he couldn't recognize if someone was possessed. Moreover, he had no real knowledge about possession. He didn't realize it when the man got possessed either. So the haraboji might have already been PID but he was able to hide his true nature. However, when HP showed his true abilities, then this could have be seen by the haraboji as a thread and a chance to increase his power. I guess, he never thought that HP would be able to "reject" him. HP was not entirely possessed by PID. This explains why he saw a dark shadow in the corner of the room. I am still doubting that HP killed his mother and grandmother.  

That’s a lot of words haha @bebebisous33 &  @ellelyana88 But I loved it! 

I love the theories that the both of you are spilling out, it brings so much possibilities to the drama but I guess we can only know of it’s right or wrong till the end of it, but to continue the two of your theories...I think that if HP knows that Haraboji is PID, he will definitely find ways to save him, because Haraboji is his only closest blood relative left. So based on his personalities, he will ask CY to exorcise him, so that they can save Haraboji and Kill PID.

But due to old age, CY might disagree to do it, because Haraboji might actually die, then PID will win, so HP who is always reckless will possibly say that “Let me handle it to save everyone” so he will take on PID himself, basically allowing PID to enter him, and take the exorcism JUST to save Haraboji and the exorcism will start...

1)if the writer say let’s make it intense, we can probably see a parallel edit in which two things are happening together at the same time (Exorcism scene and HP trying to fight PID in him scene) and it succeeded in killing PID (End) 2) the writer is like “Let’s make a sad scene.” Then probably HP will sacrifice himself because a theory of it’s better to have one person to sacrifice himself than hundreds of innocent people dying under PID possession. (End)

3)Another ending that Would make everyone happy if they want a sequel, is they end of with a cliffhanger, in which HP kills himself then like a year later, while GY and CY still searching for HP, HP appears in the crowd, but with a dark expression (Which meant PID still survived) and it ends.

So many possibilities..

We overthink too much. LOL

I really really think they gonna do the anti-climatic way to destroy PID.

That is destroy what was buried and PID will be gone. :lol:

1 hour ago, Wotad said:

watched the first two episodes and this drama is insane the tension is so crazy .

Its not scary it's just 10/10 thriller and tension. 

So.. will you continue? ^_^

22 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

We overthink too much. LOL

I really really think they gonna do the anti-climatic way to destroy PID.

That is destroy what was buried and PID will be gone. :lol:

Oh no, hope that won’t be it. We have gone so far, if that’s really the case... it’s like a bird flying mid sky and it decided to crash land on to the ground <=That will be our brains.

We over think cause it’s addictive! We have a addiction on a drug called drama. We are willing to deep fry our brain just to squeeze out theories! It’s worth it!:open_mouth: From time to time, our brain might malfunction due to big intakes of shocks and twist, but it’s fine!

Guest aoikarin

@bebebisous33 and @ellelyana88 Amazing thoughts! I really enjoy reading your posts there.. :kiss_wink: If Grandpa turned out to be PID, that's will be the biggest twist ever. Your explanations are very sensible and clicked with all the situations in the story. At the end, grandpa just like PID, have his wife and son killed (WOW!) I re-watched ep 14 again and to my surprised, now just like you said, PY looked like someone that do errand for PID. Like someone said in this forum, he's the CLEANER (for any mess in order to achieve the PID's ultimate goal). :lol: However, I believed PY was possessed too, a complete possession by PID's loyal minion,(maybe Lee chul Yeong, his driver?). When Mateo put a cross over PY's head, I saw blooded veins under PY's hand skin, just like other possessed victims.

And from Grandpa-Hp and PY-Choi Yoon's relationship, I found out the superior demons are love to give "FAKE and Manipulative" fatherly love, they are highly composed in grooming and waiting for their targets to be ripen(LOL), they are excellent liars and possessed good acting skills

I saw the latest bts, where Kim Jae Wook was crying during he's acting at YG's place. I don't understand Korean.. Can someone enlighten me why did he cry? did he cry because of HP's fate?

And then OCN made this post.. awww my heart..

While they make another cute post about how tsundere Gil Young is. (I love OCN's  female characters.. they are very strong, funny and quirky. Gil Young is now on top list of my favorite female character (it replaced Kang Ha Ram's Black, Hahahaha)

Haven't I talked how much I love Jung Eun Chae's acting? I really love her character here... episode 13 was the best episode for her acting! I keep rewatching her scenes and fall in love with her acting. The way she expressed the emotions of Kang Gil Young :wub:. I love her little change too in ep 14. She's still a super tsundere girl but she changed to so much soften towards HP and CY and her senior. The way she talks and her attitude towards the boys, swoooon... I love her! When HP was attending her in emergency room, I kinda shouted  to HP. "HP, don't you see how beautiful the lady in front of you?" LOL I really want to see HP reaction if GY change her hairstyle and dress up little bit right after they are done with PID, but again I think HP will be more attracted to Mateo who left his Black Priest Suit since Mateo would be kicked out of the church. :tounge_xd:    

I was the one who said that PY is like a cleaner..Honestly when i look at PY cleaning i was like oh, his a cleaner haha

Anyways..@aoikarin as much as i love Gil Young, but the love between Waffle Boy and My Chan boy is good. Especially, the behind the scenes where they hugged...Held hands up the hill...Laughing together...

giphy.gif

*Screams Silently*

Drunk In their love...Puns..

Guest aoikarin

@sushilicious Hahaha I love your "CLEANER" Term.. and it's really FUNtastic reading you 3 alternatives ending.. But, I really hope a happy ending so I can remember it as a very worthy to be rewatched thriller drama in the future. 

I had a wish that at the end HP and GY will be together, but I realised the bromance scenes in the drama and in bts are much more appealing than never happened romance between GY and either HP or CY. Just like  you, support their bromance! *screams silently with you*

Rewatch ep 14, wow the scene in church when Mateo tries to read along with priest Yang is sooo daebak! Kudos to the editing crew! Besides the plot and actors, i really love the edit of this drama! It feels like im watching a movie with lots of good angles and scenes. Also, the edit successfully deliever the mysterious and tensed feeling of the drama!

besides being curious who is the real PID, i also want to know how Park Hong Joo will be arrested. As priest Yang possesses Kim  Shin Cha and makes her suicide in front of the police, it will be concluded that Kim Shin Cha kills herself, not Park Hong Joo! (Smart move from cleaner Yang haha)

Park Hong Joo again, is proved innocent after killing people. And we can see how GY’s boss scared of her political power despite having the record as evident.

so, just curious how PHJ will be arrested. Maybe GY is the one who does that? To complete what her mother couldnt 20 years ago?

9 minutes ago, gongcha said:

so, just curious how PHJ will be arrested. Maybe GY is the one who does that? To complete what her mother couldnt 20 years ago?

That PHJ will get what she did. What goes around comes around. I see her in a mental asylum soon, she is going to be in the white cubicle and just hallucinating about PID, as she covers her ears in fear of being attacked...

Spoiler

...I hope PHJ dies.:)Just kidding 

I honestly hate her a lot. The actress did a great job in acting out the hateful character.

30 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

That PHJ will get what she did. What goes around comes around. I see her in a mental asylum soon, she is going to be in the white cubicle and just hallucinating about PID, as she covers her ears in fear of being attacked...

I'm gonna bet on her going to the asylum seeing how crazy she has become.

Or is it too much to ask for her to be possessed and grand uncle dearest did justice to everyone out there by getting her poke her right eye and die? 

LOL

I swear I'm not evil.

I really am not. :innocent:

1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

I'm gonna bet on her going to the asylum seeing how crazy she has become.

Or is it too much to ask for her to be possessed and grand uncle dearest did justice to everyone out there by getting her poke her right eye and die? 

LOL

I swear I'm not evil.

I really am not. :innocent:

Spoiler

YES! Let the grand uncle do it!

(haha) It's funny how as i was typing this the lighting strikes.

HAHA :naughty:

I am not evil too, we are not evil, all we have is just little Park Il do in all of us. :naughty: 

8 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I have doubted that HP really was possessed by PID 20 years ago, looking at how he looked at the corner of the room and PID has been telling him not to tell other people. He was shaking, to me more of looking scared than being possessed. A child who can't yet understand the meaning of other entities and possession. He was scared looking at PID's appearance and has been resisting him from possessing him, hence the bruises. I think it was because of his psychic ability that he is able to see through PID's mind. Hence, he became PID's object of obsession.

It is true that once a demon have targeted a person, it will go all the way to get that person until it get a grip of that person soul. If a demon is banished from a possessed person without binding words of promise that it will never harm any human again (this is usual procedure in Islamic Exorcism), the demon might come back 7 times stronger or in number to the same person, hence making the second exorcism more intense.

I deleted my theory about Haraboji might be with PID since 60 years ago because I went soft-hearted to accuse him too far. Hahaha! :lol:  However, I made that theory not without underlying basis. I have my doubt over Haraboji has been with PID for 60 years because there was nothing in the timeline for 40 years after the LCY event, before the tragedy in HP's, Mateo and GY family. It makes no sense PID doing nothing within that long time of period. Hmmm..

I reconstructed the drama's timeline as in the following picture, based on what have been gathered so far until episode 14. 

LimMS6J.jpg

So, here's my version of hypothetical situation that might've occurred after LCY incident. PID went Haraboji body and Haraboji being young might've succumbed to PID. Thus, being in complete possession which enable him to pretend to live like human being. Actually, it was HP's grandmother who was from the direct lineage of shaman hereditary. It is possible that their lineage have strong shamanic power. Okay, this is totally my fictional thinking. But, I am suspecting, Haraboji might've married HP's grandmother to keep them in check (wow, my imagination is running wild! :w00t:) and actually have been keep controlling other inferior spirits to do kill humans elsewhere or actually nearby but to no one notice. Does it cross anyone's mind that the bald unnie screaming beside Haraboji in episode 1 was actually died from being harmed by Haraboji-PID? I've known someone with lung cancer, but I never saw them screaming like that :blink: (But then again, considering the year, the medical knowledge of reducing the pain caused by cancer was not attained yet). They said that Unnie was screaming because it was painful. I am just thinking that, was it painful because of the possession instead of the cancer? (Haha, I am totally frying my brain here :P).

Anyway, that's the fun of having this thread, to have all the fun throwing some ideas, opinions, and theories regarding the drama. Hahahah! Some people might not like the progress of this drama. However, for me, I am giving OCN the chance since it is the first drama in Kdramaland to do this kind of genre. It's like "Exorcism 101". I am expecting next drama, The Priest would show more intense exorcism. The Latin incantations shown in the teaser has getting me hooked and going to join on board in the thread next!:ph34r:

2 hours ago, ellelyana88 said:

I have doubted that HP really was possessed by PID 20 years ago, looking at how he looked at the corner of the room and PID has been telling him not to tell other people. He was shaking, to me more of looking scared than being possessed. A child who can't yet understand the meaning of other entities and possession. He was scared looking at PID's appearance and has been resisting him from possessing him, hence the bruises. I think it was because of his psychic ability that he is able to see through PID's mind. Hence, he became PID's object of obsession.

It is true that once a demon have targeted a person, it will go all the way to get that person until it get a grip of that person soul. If a demon is banished from a possessed person without binding words of promise that it will never harm any human again (this is usual procedure in Islamic Exorcism), the demon might come back 7 times stronger or in number to the same person, hence making the second exorcism more intense.

I deleted my theory about Haraboji might be with PID since 60 years ago because I went soft-hearted to accuse him too far. Hahaha! :lol:  However, I made that theory not without underlying basis. I have my doubt over Haraboji has been with PID for 60 years because there was nothing in the timeline for 40 years after the LCY event, before the tragedy in HP's, Mateo and GY family. It makes no sense PID doing nothing within that long time of period. Hmmm..

I reconstructed the drama's timeline as in the following picture, based on what have been gathered so far until episode 14. 

What you says makes some sense but i think he was possessed or how did his mother die? Im not caught up but that is just from what ive seen so far. 

2 minutes ago, Wotad said:

What you says makes some sense but i think he was possessed or how did his mother die? Im not caught up but that is just from what ive seen so far. 

HP assumes that he killed her while he was possessed. People pointed their finger at him which reinforced his belief, he killed her. Yet we never saw him doing it. He left the house and hid while he was hurting his arms. So the haraboji as PID might have pushed her or used the grandmother to kill her. Remember that the grandmother committed suicide right after and all possessed people committed suicide or tried to commit suicide too. 

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

HP assumes that he killed her while he was possessed. People pointed their finger at him which reinforced his belief, he killed her. Yet we never saw him doing it. He left the house and hid while he was hurting his arms. So the haraboji as PID might have pushed her or used the grandmother to kill her. Remember that the grandmother committed suicide right after and all possessed people committed suicide or tried to commit suicide too. 

I think what your saying makes alot of sense , one thing though is that if the demon is fully after HP why has he not killed him already? Surely the demon would just need to posses people around him and get him killed pretty easy? Instead the demon is just killing random people. 

1 minute ago, Wotad said:

I think what your saying makes alot of sense , one thing though is that if the demon is fully after HP why has he not killed him already? Surely the demon would just need to posses people around him and get him killed pretty easy? Instead the demon is just killing random people. 

He doesn't want HP to die, he wants to possess him entirely. With HP's psychic powers, he would become more powerful. He targeted HP's family for one purpose: win his trust and confidence. HP lost his father, mother and grandmother. By isolating him from the villagers, PID wanted HP to rely more and more on him (PID, haraboji). At some point, he imagined that he would be able to manipulate HP.

Notice that the haraboji didn't like YK, HP's only friend. YK acted as a surrogate father and mother which had an impact on the relationship between the grandfather and HP. If he had possessed people in the surroundings (the village aso), all this would have reinforced HP's belief that PID is the culprit, the demon who killed his family. Notice that the grandfather tried to discourage his grandson to run after PID. HP had to act behind his back. HP moved to different places in order to track PID.  

Tomorrow onwards, Countdown four days to the finale...At this point I already feel that sense of emptiness that is going to happen when Guest is done...Oh dear, this will be so hard to move on...

tenor.gif

@ellelyana88 @bebebisous33 that particular scene bugged me too.

Noticed young HP was hiding by the cliff side and his left hand was shaking non stop but seemed to be "stopped" by his right hand?

He stood up abruptly and we didn't hear his mother calling for him anymore and the next thing we saw was his mother's body and it was day time.

Hmmm..

I think there were some scenes of his left hand shaking non stop too when he was still young.

Suxs to be typing this now at night. My mind is indirectly showing me the scene of young HP pointing at the corner of the ceiling now. :crazy:

1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

@ellelyana88 @bebebisous33 that particular scene bugged me too.

Noticed young HP was hiding by the cliff side and his left hand was shaking non stop but seemed to be "stopped" by his right hand?

He stood up abruptly and we didn't hear his mother calling for him anymore and the next thing we saw was his mother's body and it was day time.

Hmmm..

I honestly don’t believe that no was there when HP’s mother died..

There must be a reason why they died. There must be. I don’t think PID Killed them for no reason. Could it be a coverup? But there again, we can't even deduce that it’s PID who killed them? Because they did not stabbed their eye. Could it be PY who killed them? Since HP and CY are kids Priest Yang I guess is in his thirties.

He could already be hand in hand with PID then. If PID is Haraboji then it would make a lot of sense that PY could help to cover up Haraboji’s tracks. Maybe Grandma and mother have seen something (The item in the soil) and Haraboji is there, Grandma and mother have their suspicion, in fear of being revealed as PID, he meets PY and ask him to kill them, while HP is under his influence so that it can be covered up completely. (By allowing HP to blame Himself for their deaths thus being able to live for so long undetected) 

@mrsj3n I think I’m completely different than you, my mind is showing bloodshed for the first ep beach scene.Our minds are scary:crazy:

Archived