[Drama 2018] The Guest, 손

jeijei

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, ellelyana88 said:

I have doubted that HP really was possessed by PID 20 years ago, looking at how he looked at the corner of the room and PID has been telling him not to tell other people. He was shaking, to me more of looking scared than being possessed. A child who can't yet understand the meaning of other entities and possession. He was scared looking at PID's appearance and has been resisting him from possessing him, hence the bruises. I think it was because of his psychic ability that he is able to see through PID's mind. Hence, he became PID's object of obsession.

It is true that once a demon have targeted a person, it will go all the way to get that person until it get a grip of that person soul. If a demon is banished from a possessed person without binding words of promise that it will never harm any human again (this is usual procedure in Islamic Exorcism), the demon might come back 7 times stronger or in number to the same person, hence making the second exorcism more intense.

I deleted my theory about Haraboji might be with PID since 60 years ago because I went soft-hearted to accuse him too far. Hahaha! :lol:  However, I made that theory not without underlying basis. I have my doubt over Haraboji has been with PID for 60 years because there was nothing in the timeline for 40 years after the LCY event, before the tragedy in HP's, Mateo and GY family. It makes no sense PID doing nothing within that long time of period. Hmmm..

I reconstructed the drama's timeline as in the following picture, based on what have been gathered so far until episode 14. 

So, here's my version of hypothetical situation that might've occurred after LCY incident. PID went Haraboji body and Haraboji being young might've succumbed to PID. Thus, being in complete possession which enable him to pretend to live like human being. Actually, it was HP's grandmother who was from the direct lineage of shaman hereditary. It is possible that their lineage have strong shamanic power. Okay, this is totally my fictional thinking. But, I am suspecting, Haraboji might've married HP's grandmother to keep them in check (wow, my imagination is running wild! :w00t:) and actually have been keep controlling other inferior spirits to do kill humans elsewhere or actually nearby but to no one notice. Does it cross anyone's mind that the bald unnie screaming beside Haraboji in episode 1 was actually died from being harmed by Haraboji-PID? I've known someone with lung cancer, but I never saw them screaming like that :blink: (But then again, considering the year, the medical knowledge of reducing the pain caused by cancer was not attained yet). They said that Unnie was screaming because it was painful. I am just thinking that, was it painful because of the possession instead of the cancer? (Haha, I am totally frying my brain here :P).

Anyway, that's the fun of having this thread, to have all the fun throwing some ideas, opinions, and theories regarding the drama. Hahahah! Some people might not like the progress of this drama. However, for me, I am giving OCN the chance since it is the first drama in Kdramaland to do this kind of genre. It's like "Exorcism 101". I am expecting next drama, The Priest would show more intense exorcism. The Latin incantations shown in the teaser has getting me hooked and going to join on board in the thread next!:ph34r:

woaahhh tks for your theory! it gives me goosebumps really as it does make sense!

honestly i think i will be disappointed if the drama's twist and ending is not as good as yours hahaha 

4 hours ago, sushilicious said:

Tomorrow onwards, Countdown four days to the finale...At this point I already feel that sense of emptiness that is going to happen when Guest is done...Oh dear, this will be so hard to move on...

I just hope against hope that they dont kill Choi Yoon off. This show has been giving off strong Warrior Baek Dong Soo vibes lately and second lead dies there.:sweatingbullets: I dont want history to repeat itself, Yoon's life is precious too, he deserves to live instead of dying like a sacrificial goat.:sweatingbullets: :vicx:I cant be destroyed over a show like that again nope. Hoping for the best next week fingers crossed :vicx::vicx:

7 hours ago, MrsYeoWoon said:

I just hope against hope that they dont kill Choi Yoon off. This show has been giving off strong Warrior Baek Dong Soo vibes lately and second lead dies there.:sweatingbullets: I dont want history to repeat itself, Yoon's life is precious too, he deserves to live instead of dying like a sacrificial goat.:sweatingbullets: :vicx:I cant be destroyed over a show like that again nope. Hoping for the best next week fingers crossed :vicx::vicx:

Haha, I think it’s better to have your heart prepared, because this drama always gives us dark contents, so it wouldn’t be shocking if any of the trio dies...

I meant the writer just killed Yuk Gwang, Tell that to the merciless writer, that could kill them anytime...So just get your heart ready *sigh*

Guest aoikarin
3 hours ago, sushilicious said:

Haha, I think it’s better to have your heart prepared, because this drama always gives us dark contents, so it wouldn’t be shocking if any of the trio dies...

I meant the writer just killed Yuk Gwang, Tell that to the merciless writer, that could kill them anytime...So just get your heart ready *sigh*

Yes.. I told my heart to be prepared... but I feel really really sad if they kill Choi Yoon at the end.. The OST of the last preview is his song as if like say goodbye to Choi Yoon..:bawling: #bealivechoiyoon 

5 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

@aoikarin Nooooo!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This drama is great at playing with our mind and our heart.

With 2 episode left... I need some candies on Halloween!

I need my blanket as i watch.Hahaha 

giphy.gif

Because it's going to end...Choi Yoon's OST comes out..

In this un-erasable memory, in this bad dream
Find me who is crying, take me out of it
Before the darkness swallows me up

Tell me before it’s too late
Hold me where it hurts
So I can forget this deeply wounded scar

In this un-erasable memory, in this bad dream
Find me who is crying, take me out of it
Before these tears dry up

1 hour ago, Dramanoona said:

Actually I am prepared for a tragic ending for Mateo.

Bring it on!

1 hour ago, Dramanoona said:

Actually I am prepared for a tragic ending for Mateo.

Bring it on!

Nope nope I rebuke you.

:lol:

38 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Yes.. yes.. Dear writer, dear director, dear producer.... bless him please

Okay let's not forget Hwa Pyung and GIl Young please...

Gah...Hwa Pyung don't die too(His chances of death might be higher than mateo though) 

Despite Mateo have the curse, but Hwa Pyung is being chased after by PID, PID is like death in my eyes so..

7 hours ago, sushilicious said:

The way the show is going I wont be surprised at all if it goes WBDS way, its just too similiar, I would be surprised if Yoon makes it out alive..No matter how much you prepare yourself for the worst sad unfair endings always hurt :tears::vicx:

@sushilicious @MrsYeoWoon Strange, I am ready with the possibility of either HP or Matteo getting killed but I can’t accept writer-nim killed YG. He’s a kind person that always be there for his “hyung” and others, why writer-nim, why? I practically skipped the part YG died, it’s not fair, I almost cried because of it. From all the ghost related Korean movies/dramas I watched (please correct me if I’m wrong) never I see a shaman or priest success in killing a ghost, they only able to hide it, seal it in a room for someone to open the seal again in future and history will be repeated. I’m hoping to see something different here, but I won’t keep my hope high. 

So hello everyone...

Latest News, They are talking about making The Guest into a movie.

Due to fans who talks about possible sequels right now, the crew will consider about making it.

Yaaaaaayy! 

giphy.gif

PS After they are done with this series they will heavily discuss about it.

SO Just by that i have a feeling that it will be a cliffhanger ending though

And if they retain the cast that means mateo will not die hahaha (Wild guess)

Archived