Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

1 hour ago, Arcbow said:

But, I also think, if all these comments are right, it possible that DG is dreaming and the only real thing is when Hoon trying to wake up DG (before DG go to GHR apartment) LOL

I thought it might be a movie filming. Dalgun is acting in his own action movie, he's also the director/stunt director. It will end with Dalgun yelling 'Cut!!' and filming wraps up. Hahahahaha :lol:

• Like 2

Lee Seung Gi Unleashes His Wrath On Jang Hyuk Jin In Intense Face-Off For “Vagabond”

Oct 18, 2019
by S. Nam

033cf2b32f8e4a9c9a73cd23af8e4a6c.jpeg?s=

Lee Seung Gi is desperate to find the truth in the upcoming episodes of SBS’s “Vagabond”!

“Vagabond” tells the story of a stuntman named Cha Dal Gun (Lee Seung Gi) who stumbles upon a massive corruption scandal while trying to uncover the truth behind a mysterious plane crash. He teams up with a National Intelligence Service (NIS) secret agent named Go Hae Ri (Suzy) to investigate the case.

Spoiler

The newly released stills show Cha Dal Gun’s confrontation with the co-pilot Kim Woo Gi (Jang Hyuk Jin), who survived the plane crash. Although he holds the key to the truth behind the act of terror, Kim Woo Gi has fallen into a terrible state after becoming addicted to drugs.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1359591wpp/lee-seung-gi-unleashes-his-wrath-on-jang-hyuk-jin-in-intense-face-off-for-vagabond

Vagabond: Episode 6

by Regals

Vagabond06-00577.jpg

With the government now taking full control of the investigation, and with our hero now supposedly under their protection, the action should be ramping down for him. But safety is never a guarantee with corruption so rampant throughout the entire organization and even those who are supposed protectors could turn out to be in on the whole conspiracy.

EPISODE 6 RECAP

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/10/vagabond-episode-6/

• Like 3

A brief translation of the juicy parts for today's article of Shin Seung Hwan.

'Vagabond' Shin Seung Hwan, Lee Seung Gi was called 'Hyung' and Suzy was called 'Angel' on the set

Source: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/112/0003224429

201910181019126174659_20191018102141_01_

Shin Seung Hwan said, "The reason why the staff and Vagabond cast are very close to each other is because we spent a lot of time together.  We went abroad earlier than the shooting schedule.  After arriving in Morocco, everyone was initially awkward for two days.  We were together at the time of filming and afterwards, we gathered together and ate Korean food which tasted amazing."

He spilled the beans on his fellow actors.  Shin Seung Hwan said, "When the Korean food that everyone (Vagabond cast) prepared had finished, Seung Gi prepared snacks and soju.  We all got together and had a party.  Seung Gi took care of them during filming at home and abroad, so everyone started to call him 'hyung'."

Regarding Suzy, he said "Suzy is an angel.  She was kind to everyone she met, and she showed no signs of exhaustion even when she rolled in the dust while shooting.  On the contrary, I think she cheered everyone up by showing positive energy."

201910181019126174659_20191018102225_01_

Meanwhile, on October 5, he attended the 'Vagabond' viewing party with Lee Seung Gi, Bae Suzy, Shin Sung Rok, Jang Hyuk Jin and Park Ain at Seung Gi's house.  They also celebrated Suzy's birthday which fell on October 10, and talked about the time of filming.  There were lots of stories about each related episode/scene especially when Suzy kissed Seung Gi and said, "You are mine, you are mine," and they all cheered :wub:

PS. I believe we are all smart and conscientious enough not to leave malicious comments in this forum. The director, script writer, production team, crew and cast have worked extremely hard for this drama.  The least we could do is to support them for a job well done and cheer them on.  It is really not that difficult.  If netizens do not have anything nice to say, then simply don't.  If viewers don't like this show, don't watch it.  We all could learn a lesson by the recent passing of Sulli.  Yes, there will always be haters but we do not need to drive people (not just celebrities, ordinary folks too) to the edge by such callous words.  Be kind, everyone :)

PPS. Who's up for the LIVE broadcast for tonight and tomorrow?  Because I am!  And I can't wait to do a marathon once we are down to the last episode... gahhh, it's nearing :(

PPPS. I really really wish that they could all appear in a variety show soon, e.g. Running Man or Knowing Brothers. I think they would be hilarious :w00t:

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, nitttss said:

i've been wondering how did the co pilot survived? we know the terrorist jumped from the plane. but nothing has been explain for the co pilot? did i miss something while watching?

6 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

He jumped too. It was shown in ep 8 during the interrogation scene :lol:

Dear Nitttss, Both of them jumped (parachutted) out of the plane

2 hours ago, cadymcbronzie said:

PPS. Who's up for the LIVE broadcast for tonight and tomorrow?  Because I am!  And I can't wait to do a marathon once we are down to the last episode... gahhh, it's nearing :(

PPPS. I really really wish that they could all appear in a variety show soon, e.g. Running Man or Knowing Brothers. I think they would be hilarious :w00t:

If anyone wants a live recap I am up for watching it live. I usually do live-cap. But I'm not sure if anyone here wants it, since it's aired about an hour-ish after the Korean broadcast. So I never did it for Vagabond :lol:.

I support them appearing in a variety show together. And I kinda want them to watch SSR's musical together too. SSR is currently in a musical and preparing for another until the end of 2019. It gives me warm fuzzy feelings when ex-casts are close and support each others work. Ahahahaha

• Like 2

4 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

If anyone wants a live recap I am up for watching it live. I usually do live-cap. But I'm not sure if anyone here wants it, since it's aired about an hour-ish after the Korean broadcast. So I never did it for Vagabond :lol:.

Pls do a Live Recap.  I'll appreciate it

3 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Pls do a Live Recap.  I'll appreciate it

I'll try. I'm suddenly stuck at work at the moment :sweatingbullets:.

Live cap ep 9!

Normal disclaimer: not fluent in Korean, more on actions. And...I don't know most character names. Errors are abundant.

Spoiler

Scene at blue house. Too many words and political stuff. Talk about FX.

Jump to Morocco...the surgery. KWG is convulsing. He needs blood. Urgh...this scene annoys me.

DANG!! STOP THE CAMERA SHAKE!!!

Dalgun donates blood. As expected. He nearly faints...but doesn't want to stop.

(I had to do stuff...missed a chunk)

Jessica 'saves' Sangmi and threatens(?) send her to the police station.

(Missed more)

End of part 1

-ads-

Part 2

Some guys prepping weapons. They are under Min's order.

Kang is taken away but he fights. And he manages to call a journalist at a presscon before he gets caught by Min. (Gosh...Min is so hateful. So is specky)

The journalist gave a paper to the lady blue house worker. But specky intercepts her. No!!!!! Don't give him that paper. The prime minister came and she has to handover the paper to him!!! Arghhhhh. Who is this paper for?! She says it's for a VIP. Who is this VIP?! And prime minister shreds the paper. (So many hateful people!!! Urgh)

Jump to Kang in custody. Min is interogating. Satoori lady is dragged into the interogation. And she's told to put her fingerprint on a paper. What is this. She agrees and put her fingerprints.  Andwaeeee...are you evil? I hope you're wearing a fake fingerprint. Oh looks like she comploted with Kang beforehand.

Dalgun dreams of Hoon. Hoon is talking about him. He calls Hoon. But Hoon does not respond and walk forward. Dalgun wakes up.

Haeri is cooking. She remembers all her teammates and cries.

Dalgun wants to interfere. But Taewoong intercepts and says it is part of NIS rite of passage.

Dinner scene. Yeah...they are making a love triangle. I am so against this. But whatevs. Anyways...KTW has egg allergy. Poor guy.

Edit: I'm not alone!!! Hahaha. Why do we need a love triangle. It feels so contrived as of ep 9.

Jump to the family members with Edward Park. Sang Mi is doing a press conference at the blue house. She announced her husband is alive.

End part 2.

-ads-

Part 3

Sangmi says Dynamic made the plane crash happen. I don't get this. Really I don't understand. Sangmi is under Jessica's orders.

Edward Park goes somewhere and meets with Jessica.  Why is he still walking around? Shouldn't he be held in custody for questionibg after Sangmi's presscon? 

Jump to satoori lady friend. She's at their hideout place...the one in ep 7.

Oh new characters!!!! It looks like there's some secret service activity going on with this delivery service company. VAGABOND!!! (I seriously have no clue what this is about. But it's kinda exciting heh)

Jump to Morocco. Lily and NK guy is staying outside of the embassy. 

The NIS support team from Korea arrives. More new characters.  

Ki Tae Woong senses that something is wrong. The delivery lady calls Taewoong!!!! Omg. This is fun. I don't know what she said. But she somehow connects him to Ahn?!!!!!

Ahn instructs him to kill someone. I think he was instructed to kill Dalgun. 

Some talking between new guy and Dalgun and Haeri. 

New guy and NIS support team is prepping weapons and gearing up. Haeri sees them through the door crack.

Wow the NIS killers are so not smart. Why would you shoot at random?! Sigh. Some fighting. And shooting. How is anyone not killed with all that shots fired?! Hahahahahaha

KTW and Hamster are watching through the CCTV. He clearly upholds his orders. Wow.

End of episode.

Preview

Haeri and Dalgun on a ship...a literal ship. A cargo ship. Hahahah

I have comments. I need to watch with subs ahaha

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Just finished watching in Netflix, my gosh it’s getting complicated and I love it! How come that the best NIS can’t defeat DG? Is he captain America or Superman? Hehehe. Even the back up are sissy, they can’t win over him! Is he for real? 
As usual it’s DG and HR who realize that something is wrong, now that team leader Gi got his balls cut because it’s the nation’s order even killing the witness, man he is so indecisive and don’t have balls to stand up for what is right! I thought he has nothing to lose? 
The prime minister and the secretary is on tension, I don’t know which side is the prime minister. 
I wanted to see tomorrow how will Edward will clean up the mess now that Jessica throw the bomb and get the wife to have a false testimony. The preview is of course making us excited! I hope that Mr. Gi is just bluffing when he is pointing the gun to HR! So edward will get arrested, let’s see how everything will turn out, it’s pass the half of the story now, and revelation still on going, but this time I want to see what will edward will pull this time, because I can still feel that he is also on the dark side..... by the way Lily and the other killer guy is making a spark, I will definitely ship those two! Hehehe

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Lj said:

Just finished watching in Netflix, my gosh it’s getting complicated and I love it! How come that the best NIS can’t defeat DG? Is he captain America or Superman? Hehehe. Even the back up are sissy, they can’t win over him! Is he for real? 
As usual it’s DG and HR who realize that something is wrong, now that team leader Gi got his balls cut because it’s the nation’s order even killing the witness, man he is so indecisive and don’t have balls to stand up for what is right! I thought he has nothing to lose? 
The prime minister and the secretary is on tension, I don’t know which side is the prime minister. 
I wanted to see tomorrow how will Edward will clean up the mess now that Jessica throw the bomb and get the wife to have a false testimony. The preview is of course making us excited! I hope that Mr. Gi is just bluffing when he is pointing the gun to HR! So edward will get arrested, let’s see how everything will turn out, it’s pass the half of the story now, and revelation still on going, but this time I want to see what will edward will pull this time, because I can still feel that he is also on the dark side..... by the way Lily and the other killer guy is making a spark, I will definitely ship those two! Hehehe

Thanks for the Live Recap Katakwasabi !  Arigato

I just finished watching Ep 9 with Eng Subs too.  Yeah Lj. I agree with you. So exciting.  By this ep, it is clear that Gang is a good guy.  So is GoHari's gf at NIS.   So "VAGABOND" is Kang's special & private secret  CODENAME - a SOS Cry for Help to his private team in the Fried Chicken Shop

As usual DG is invincible.  Even the Back-Up Team which are actually NIS Assasins are not his match.  Otherwise we will have No Drama to watch

Snr Secretary Yoon is Evil & do things behind the President's back. The PM is a Double-Headed.  But I think GI will spring some surprises.  Looking forward to Ep 10

• Like 4

This drama defy logic. 

But because the cast make it work, I'll keep watching it. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, an-naum said:

This drama defy logic. 

But because the cast make it work, I'll keep watching it. 

Well, KTW's thinking is really weird. He cares for GHR, yet he doesn't want to help her in the end: following the order is more important than helping a friend/colleague. The character is not well written.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

24 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Well, KTW's thinking is really weird. He cares for GHR, yet he doesn't want to help her in the end: following the order is more important than helping a friend/colleague. The character is not well written.

*note: i haven't watched the ep with subs*

He does not think of her as a friend or colleague yet. That's my point of view. He upholds his orders. And due to his orders, she is now his target. His work is him and his core is his orders. Basicly...he is NIS robot or puppet. 

This drama started to loose me at ep 6. I'm barely hanging to it's edges. Dalgun is invisible. He is a stuntman not a super secret assasin killing machine trained by North Korea, that's the point that looses me most: Dalgun always winning against basicly everyone considering his background. I can't glance over it any longer. I dislike the show for making NIS and the backup NIS team and their leaders as traitors and dumbdumbs. Make them competent and on par to Dalgun's invisibility. Unfortunately Haeri still rubs me the wrong way. I still see Dalgun using her, his praises never feel genuine.

In general...I don't see any of the main characters or even suppporting ones written well. In this ep, I even find Dalgun's dream less touching than his previous dreams. I feel that the drama is loosing it's essence despite pushing forward to make things exciting.

After ep 9 and the preview of ep 10, I want KTW to shoot Dalgun and show that Dalgun is not invincible once and for all.....but I know that's not going to happen. Which is...sigh.

Anyways...I also feel the pacing of the drama is off. It is ep 9 and we are still in 2012 and nowhere near to resolving this plane crash. What about sniper Dalgun and scarf Haeri in ep 1? Is that also the ending for the series? A mark for a 2nd season?!!!! Yikes.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Ratings: 7%, 8.6%, 10.6%

Yay the ratings are still above 10% for 1 part. I really hope the ratings maintain within range~ even better if it increases. Hehe

So he actually has no egg allergy. Lol!!!

• Like 2

I love this: Vagabond is a codename for a chicken delivery place!!! I can't laugh any harder. And I really like chicken ahjumma, she seems cool. Hahaha

q7L9q7.gif

vlLky8.gif

wV7lzr.gif

• Like 3

@katakwasabi I have to disagree with you. In my opinion, KTW views GHR as colleague because if not, he wouldn't have offered his egg. He lied about his allergy. Secondly, he ensured that GHR would mourn and gave her some space. He knew that GHR didn't want to show how the death of her colleagues had affected her. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@katakwasabi I have to disagree with you. In my opinion, KTW views GHR as colleague because if not, he wouldn't have offered his egg. He lied about his allergy. Secondly, he ensured that GHR would mourn and gave her some space. He knew that GHR didn't want to show how the death of her colleagues had affected her. 

You're right. And I agree too. Thinking about it he does treat her as a colleague. I just hope they stop it at that and don't make him go out of character and go googly eyes when he sees her. With regards to him not helping them as of ep 9, imo because it is work and he is ultimately under orders. And their connection isn't as solid as let's say KTW and Hamster or KTW and Kang. I'm very certain he will help Haeri and Dalgun in ep 10. I'm sure of it. Haha

Anyways..I want more chicken place ahjumma! Bring her on the team. Kekeke

q7L9Ey.gif

r8V6GL.gif

wV7lNX.gif

• Like 4