[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

larus

Suzy Goes From Skillful Agent To Star Chef In “Vagabond”

Oct 16, 2019
by L. Kim
e9ff81f6788c4e8eb339bbd1abd2c7b9.jpeg?s=

“Vagabond” dropped stills of Suzy as a chef!

“Vagabond” tells the story of a stuntman named Cha Dal Gun (Lee Seung Gi) who stumbles upon a massive corruption scandal while trying to uncover the truth behind a mysterious plane crash. He teams up with a National Intelligence Service (NIS) secret agent named Go Hae Ri (Suzy) to investigate the case.

The stills show Go Hae Ri serving a warm meal to her NIS team members Cha Dal Gun, Ki Tae Woong (Shin Sung Rok), and Kim Se Hoon (Shin Seung Hwan). With a bright smile, Go Hae Ri walks to the table with a stew, sits next to Cha Dal Gun, and puts meat on his spoon full of rice. Ki Tae Woong watches the two with a strange look in his eyes, while Kim Se Hoon enjoys the meal with a satisfied expression.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1359202wpp/suzy-goes-from-skillful-agent-to-star-chef-in-vagabond

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

@katakwasabi not only the hand to hand combat with DG, it just unbearable to watch him right from the time he arrested OSM till that shooting scene towards end of ep8. A team leader and a highly trained NIS agent transporting a most wanted criminal and he just went about it like he was going shopping or something. Apparently he must have been struck by the stupidity bug when the truck of doom rammed his vehicle in ep6 smh

Hahahaha. Agreed. So many questionable and not smart stuff KTW did and also his team. I was like...why are these supposedly important NIS agents travelling in one plane to Morocco, then they convoyed to the airport. That made themselves an easy target. I laughed when the team went around running with a gun....why even? :sweatingbullets:

5QKM9Y.gif

I want him and his team to be smarter, alas the NIS in general is just not smart. Writernim do something. Huhuhu

9 hours ago, hush puppy said:

I only have one Question.  How does a drama of this Calibre gets into NetFlix ??:rolleyes:

I'm glad it's on Netflix, it makes it easier for me to watch legally.

And tbh, it is entertaining, the bombs, gunfights etc. Even the political stuff appeal to some viewers too. I may have comments here and there and some wishful plot dreams...but I'm not complaining about Netflix airing Vagabond. And for it to be aired in about 190 countries, with multiple language subs and dubs is a feat for a kdrama. 

9 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I'm glad it's on Netflix, it makes it easier for me to watch legally.

And tbh, it is entertaining, the bombs, gunfights etc. Even the political stuff appeal to some viewers too. I may have comments here and there and some wishful plot dreams...but I'm not complaining about Netflix airing Vagabond. And for it to be aired in about 190 countries, with multiple language subs and dubs is a feat for a kdrama. 

Thanks for answering my question, bro. :blush:   It is not meant to be critical.  But rather as a "Food for Thoughts" tickler - to start a discussion.  After all we are in K-Drama Land.  So we are here to be entertained.

On 10/15/2019 at 2:53 AM, katakwasabi said:

@choilicious nothing in VB is believable. The plot is actually too thin. The stakes don't feel high enough. I don't really understand what is going on about the plane crash and why it had to happen...I also don't understand why is it so hard for them to kill Dalgun. Dalgun needs to be in jail from the moment he started wrecking havoc in Morocco. It's not only a miracle he is alive...it's a miracle he's actually walking around as if he didn't do anything wrong. Tsk3

Imo Dalgun, a stuntman as the main focal is just not pulling it in. It feels like a replication of 'Foreigner' the Jackie Chan movie. But in that movie it actually felt believable, his daughter died in a bomb attack, and he went around wanting revenge. He wasn't just running around fighting, he used his brain and manufactured opportunities for an attack. And the villains in that movie were smart as the protagonist....now I want to rewatch the movie. Haha.

Dalgun on the other hand does not use his brain much. He's looking for someone to blame and he is blaming everyone, including the NIS team who were trying to uncover the mystery too. I'm not feeling Dalgun as a character. He feels empty. I feel sad when he remembers Hoon, but that sadness quickly transitions into annoyance when he starts to run around in adrenaline junkie mode.

Anyways...this is me trying to choke some sense and logic into VB plot...

But...logic is long gone hahahaha. I'll continue watching, despite it's senseless plot, the explosions and gunfights albeit not realistic is fun to watch. Also Ki Tae Woong. I'll stay as long as he's alive and not a richard simmons. Hahaha

Yeah this show has lost me and I'm now just waiting for it to end to hear if it gets any better and is worth a watch - other than production values nothing stands out or is unique in this show and the plot holes make it very hard to get into and root for people.

I don't want to compare it to Iris because there are only some similarities, but it's weaknesses are glaringly obvious when you do.

Epic Action And Powerful Emotions: Lee Seung Gi’s Best Scenes From “Vagabond”

Oct 17, 2019
by hgordon

2952e8cd460347799052b9d398ea8a31.jpeg?s=

Who’s obsessed with “Vagabond” these days? The SBS drama has enough suspense and fast-paced action to keep us on the edge of our seats every episode, and that’s largely thanks to the incredible acting talent of Lee Seung Gi. He’s crushing it in his role as Cha Dal Gun: he’s broken our hearts with his tears, melted us with his cuteness, and impressed us with a never-ending slew of action sequences. Dal Gun is a bit hot-headed and doesn’t always think before he jumps off of buildings or into car chases, but we know he’s secretly a softy, and we love watching Lee Seung Gi bring this character to life. Want to re-live Lee Seung Gi’s acting brilliance once more? Here are his 10 best scenes from the first half of “Vagabond”!

Warning: spoilers for “Vagabond” Episodes 1-8 below.

1. When he was the cutest uncle

Dal Gun is the best uncle to his nephew Hoon (Moon Woo Jin), and the scenes of Dal Gun training Hoon and cheering him on, from his first days of taekwondo to his black belt, are so cute we can’t handle it. Lee Seung Gi plus kids is always a win.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1358759wpp/epic-action-powerful-emotions-lee-seung-gi-best-scenes-from-vagabond

1 hour ago, nitttss said:

i've been wondering how did the co pilot survived? we know the terrorist jumped from the plane. but nothing has been explain for the co pilot? did i miss something while watching?

He jumped too. It was shown in ep 8 during the interrogation scene :lol:

reading some comments here just make me think,

I glad that I don't have knowledge to think, their acting are not good enough, unbelievable unreal scenes, or bad plot.  

I do enjoy every episode, 

But, I also think, if all these comments are right, it possible that DG is dreaming and the only real thing is when Hoon trying to wake up DG (before DG go to GHR apartment) LOL

1 hour ago, Arcbow said:

But, I also think, if all these comments are right, it possible that DG is dreaming and the only real thing is when Hoon trying to wake up DG (before DG go to GHR apartment) LOL

I thought it might be a movie filming. Dalgun is acting in his own action movie, he's also the director/stunt director. It will end with Dalgun yelling 'Cut!!' and filming wraps up. Hahahahaha :lol:

Lee Seung Gi Unleashes His Wrath On Jang Hyuk Jin In Intense Face-Off For “Vagabond”

Oct 18, 2019
by S. Nam

033cf2b32f8e4a9c9a73cd23af8e4a6c.jpeg?s=

Lee Seung Gi is desperate to find the truth in the upcoming episodes of SBS’s “Vagabond”!

“Vagabond” tells the story of a stuntman named Cha Dal Gun (Lee Seung Gi) who stumbles upon a massive corruption scandal while trying to uncover the truth behind a mysterious plane crash. He teams up with a National Intelligence Service (NIS) secret agent named Go Hae Ri (Suzy) to investigate the case.

Spoiler

The newly released stills show Cha Dal Gun’s confrontation with the co-pilot Kim Woo Gi (Jang Hyuk Jin), who survived the plane crash. Although he holds the key to the truth behind the act of terror, Kim Woo Gi has fallen into a terrible state after becoming addicted to drugs.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1359591wpp/lee-seung-gi-unleashes-his-wrath-on-jang-hyuk-jin-in-intense-face-off-for-vagabond

Vagabond: Episode 6

by Regals

Vagabond06-00577.jpg

With the government now taking full control of the investigation, and with our hero now supposedly under their protection, the action should be ramping down for him. But safety is never a guarantee with corruption so rampant throughout the entire organization and even those who are supposed protectors could turn out to be in on the whole conspiracy.

EPISODE 6 RECAP

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/10/vagabond-episode-6/

A brief translation of the juicy parts for today's article of Shin Seung Hwan.

'Vagabond' Shin Seung Hwan, Lee Seung Gi was called 'Hyung' and Suzy was called 'Angel' on the set

Source: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/112/0003224429

201910181019126174659_20191018102141_01_

Shin Seung Hwan said, "The reason why the staff and Vagabond cast are very close to each other is because we spent a lot of time together.  We went abroad earlier than the shooting schedule.  After arriving in Morocco, everyone was initially awkward for two days.  We were together at the time of filming and afterwards, we gathered together and ate Korean food which tasted amazing."

He spilled the beans on his fellow actors.  Shin Seung Hwan said, "When the Korean food that everyone (Vagabond cast) prepared had finished, Seung Gi prepared snacks and soju.  We all got together and had a party.  Seung Gi took care of them during filming at home and abroad, so everyone started to call him 'hyung'."

Regarding Suzy, he said "Suzy is an angel.  She was kind to everyone she met, and she showed no signs of exhaustion even when she rolled in the dust while shooting.  On the contrary, I think she cheered everyone up by showing positive energy."

201910181019126174659_20191018102225_01_

Meanwhile, on October 5, he attended the 'Vagabond' viewing party with Lee Seung Gi, Bae Suzy, Shin Sung Rok, Jang Hyuk Jin and Park Ain at Seung Gi's house.  They also celebrated Suzy's birthday which fell on October 10, and talked about the time of filming.  There were lots of stories about each related episode/scene especially when Suzy kissed Seung Gi and said, "You are mine, you are mine," and they all cheered :wub:

PS. I believe we are all smart and conscientious enough not to leave malicious comments in this forum. The director, script writer, production team, crew and cast have worked extremely hard for this drama.  The least we could do is to support them for a job well done and cheer them on.  It is really not that difficult.  If netizens do not have anything nice to say, then simply don't.  If viewers don't like this show, don't watch it.  We all could learn a lesson by the recent passing of Sulli.  Yes, there will always be haters but we do not need to drive people (not just celebrities, ordinary folks too) to the edge by such callous words.  Be kind, everyone :)

PPS. Who's up for the LIVE broadcast for tonight and tomorrow?  Because I am!  And I can't wait to do a marathon once we are down to the last episode... gahhh, it's nearing :(

PPPS. I really really wish that they could all appear in a variety show soon, e.g. Running Man or Knowing Brothers. I think they would be hilarious :w00t:

7 hours ago, nitttss said:

i've been wondering how did the co pilot survived? we know the terrorist jumped from the plane. but nothing has been explain for the co pilot? did i miss something while watching?

6 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

He jumped too. It was shown in ep 8 during the interrogation scene :lol:

Dear Nitttss, Both of them jumped (parachutted) out of the plane

2 hours ago, cadymcbronzie said:

PPS. Who's up for the LIVE broadcast for tonight and tomorrow?  Because I am!  And I can't wait to do a marathon once we are down to the last episode... gahhh, it's nearing :(

PPPS. I really really wish that they could all appear in a variety show soon, e.g. Running Man or Knowing Brothers. I think they would be hilarious :w00t:

If anyone wants a live recap I am up for watching it live. I usually do live-cap. But I'm not sure if anyone here wants it, since it's aired about an hour-ish after the Korean broadcast. So I never did it for Vagabond :lol:.

I support them appearing in a variety show together. And I kinda want them to watch SSR's musical together too. SSR is currently in a musical and preparing for another until the end of 2019. It gives me warm fuzzy feelings when ex-casts are close and support each others work. Ahahahaha

4 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

If anyone wants a live recap I am up for watching it live. I usually do live-cap. But I'm not sure if anyone here wants it, since it's aired about an hour-ish after the Korean broadcast. So I never did it for Vagabond :lol:.

Pls do a Live Recap.  I'll appreciate it

3 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Pls do a Live Recap.  I'll appreciate it

I'll try. I'm suddenly stuck at work at the moment :sweatingbullets:.

Live cap ep 9!

Normal disclaimer: not fluent in Korean, more on actions. And...I don't know most character names. Errors are abundant.

Spoiler

Scene at blue house. Too many words and political stuff. Talk about FX.

Jump to Morocco...the surgery. KWG is convulsing. He needs blood. Urgh...this scene annoys me.

DANG!! STOP THE CAMERA SHAKE!!!

Dalgun donates blood. As expected. He nearly faints...but doesn't want to stop.

(I had to do stuff...missed a chunk)

Jessica 'saves' Sangmi and threatens(?) send her to the police station.

(Missed more)

End of part 1

-ads-

Part 2

Some guys prepping weapons. They are under Min's order.

Kang is taken away but he fights. And he manages to call a journalist at a presscon before he gets caught by Min. (Gosh...Min is so hateful. So is specky)

The journalist gave a paper to the lady blue house worker. But specky intercepts her. No!!!!! Don't give him that paper. The prime minister came and she has to handover the paper to him!!! Arghhhhh. Who is this paper for?! She says it's for a VIP. Who is this VIP?! And prime minister shreds the paper. (So many hateful people!!! Urgh)

Jump to Kang in custody. Min is interogating. Satoori lady is dragged into the interogation. And she's told to put her fingerprint on a paper. What is this. She agrees and put her fingerprints.  Andwaeeee...are you evil? I hope you're wearing a fake fingerprint. Oh looks like she comploted with Kang beforehand.

Dalgun dreams of Hoon. Hoon is talking about him. He calls Hoon. But Hoon does not respond and walk forward. Dalgun wakes up.

Haeri is cooking. She remembers all her teammates and cries.

Dalgun wants to interfere. But Taewoong intercepts and says it is part of NIS rite of passage.

Dinner scene. Yeah...they are making a love triangle. I am so against this. But whatevs. Anyways...KTW has egg allergy. Poor guy.

Edit: I'm not alone!!! Hahaha. Why do we need a love triangle. It feels so contrived as of ep 9.

Jump to the family members with Edward Park. Sang Mi is doing a press conference at the blue house. She announced her husband is alive.

End part 2.

-ads-

Part 3

Sangmi says Dynamic made the plane crash happen. I don't get this. Really I don't understand. Sangmi is under Jessica's orders.

Edward Park goes somewhere and meets with Jessica.  Why is he still walking around? Shouldn't he be held in custody for questionibg after Sangmi's presscon? 

Jump to satoori lady friend. She's at their hideout place...the one in ep 7.

Oh new characters!!!! It looks like there's some secret service activity going on with this delivery service company. VAGABOND!!! (I seriously have no clue what this is about. But it's kinda exciting heh)

Jump to Morocco. Lily and NK guy is staying outside of the embassy. 

The NIS support team from Korea arrives. More new characters.  

Ki Tae Woong senses that something is wrong. The delivery lady calls Taewoong!!!! Omg. This is fun. I don't know what she said. But she somehow connects him to Ahn?!!!!!

Ahn instructs him to kill someone. I think he was instructed to kill Dalgun. 

Some talking between new guy and Dalgun and Haeri. 

New guy and NIS support team is prepping weapons and gearing up. Haeri sees them through the door crack.

Wow the NIS killers are so not smart. Why would you shoot at random?! Sigh. Some fighting. And shooting. How is anyone not killed with all that shots fired?! Hahahahahaha

KTW and Hamster are watching through the CCTV. He clearly upholds his orders. Wow.

End of episode.

Preview

Haeri and Dalgun on a ship...a literal ship. A cargo ship. Hahahah

I have comments. I need to watch with subs ahaha

Archived