Quantcast
LyraYoo

[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

2 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

Yes, I sense that. I watched her QIHM, W and now this. 

Well, I see that the director has good records before this. But maybe you right about the director might have some inputs and give some changes to some details or aspect of the script. But I can't really say that it was 90 % taken care by the director. Because I don't have any prove to support this idea. Judging from only one side will make it fail to be objective. 

yea yea. i didn't mean literally 90% only director

• Like 2

On 12/25/2018 at 11:55 AM, katakwasabi said:

Since they are returning to Granada in ep 9-10, i cant wait to see more of this :lol:

Since you brought this video again, I watched it once more to analyse ..thanks.:)

-JinWoo looks down to check that his leg is working fine..it seems he is kind of surprised himself..as if he is not believing that the thing actually work. So what if he asked his programmer to fix his leg, at least in the game and that's why the sudden shock that woah..it worked!

-Some people are screaming, some are clueless and absolutely fine..and I am still confused regarding this..

-How come HB's hair is looking so silky..:D

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

50 minutes ago, siddy09 said:

Since you brought this video again, I watched it once more to analyse ..thanks.:)

-JinWoo looks down to check that his leg is working fine..it seems he is kind of surprised himself..as if he is not believing that the thing actually work. So what if he asked his programmer to fix his leg, at least in the game and that's why the sudden shock that woah..it worked!

-Some people are screaming, some are clueless and absolutely fine..and I am still confused regarding this..

-How come HB's hair is looking so silky..:D

Hyunbin is good looking and all in that scene but why is there no interuption from the other passengers on the train. JW was slammed against the door, he was kicking and jumping around. Were all of them drugged and fell asleep so they cant hear any noise? :sweatingbullets:

I'm confused why no one is weirded out that there is this dude who is making a ruckus in the middle of the train. Imagine being a passenger on that train, in that carriage, suddenly theres this guy walking up and down the aisle with his arms flailing around, jumping, suddenly thrown by an unknown force. At least there would be someone what will call the train staff for help, no? And there might also be someone that recorded his actions using a smartphone and post the video on media social hahaha.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

55 minutes ago, siddy09 said:

I think its due to Emma.. It was mentioned before that Emma is a healer

• Like 4

About romance and the lack of it..

I agree with one of the comments here that it seems like this show is 80 percent gaming and 20 percent everything else. If you calculate the average ratio per episode, this seems true. However, you need to consider the fact that this whole gaming-vs-reality takes a considerable chunk of the script to explain what is actually happening. I think this time as compared to W, the writer has made an exceptional effort to make things as comprehensive as possible(although there are still loopholes..but anyways). Those who have watched her last show W, would feel the difference. Hence, it is understandable that why don't some us feel the connection between our OTP yet(I do)!

Park Shin Hye made a comment in one of her interviews that the gaming stuff was deliberately pushed back in order to make some room for romance, hence this further proves that maybe writer's first preference indeed was to explain the game as much as possible. However, I don't agree that we have been completely deprived of romance or rather should not expect any of it. I suppose the slow-burn-romance is the trick in this show. Both our OTP, particularly JinWoo is carrying a sizable emotional  baggage with him which kind of restricts him to be romantically involved. Same is the case with HJ; her family and being the sole bread winner. Also, don't forget that this not a rom-com or rainbow/flowery kind of drama so don't expect sugary romance. If you are doing so, then you will be disappointed. The mere fact that our male OTP had two ex-wives proves that we will get to see a mature-ish kind of interaction between leads. We will definitely get more skinship, I am sure about that and this writer is absolutely capable of giving a 'cute-ish, awww' kind of romance(she gave that in W). Though I doubt that she will give that same in MOA..I feel we are more likely to get a hubby-wifey kind of romance..lol..if that makes any sense.

Anyways..fingers crossed for a kiss in ep9!:D

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

18 minutes ago, pattsue said:

So JinWoo went and met Emma in that Alcazba cafe in Granada. Why would he do that when he knows the programmer has deleted her already? But maybe she isn't really deleted..but I feel Emma's role is significant regarding something else. Something more related to SeJoo and his hiding..

@katakwasabi

I feel those who are sitting peacefully, they are actual passengers and those who are screaming they are part of game. Maybe the passengers just have assumed that he is a cuckoo or something..lol..but it will look so funny

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

20 minutes ago, siddy09 said:

Also, don't forget that this not a rom-com or rainbow/flowery kind of drama so don't expect sugary romance. If you are doing so, then you will be disappointed. The mere fact that our male OTP had two ex-wives proves that we will get to see a mature-ish kind of interaction between leads. We will definitely get more skinship, I am sure about that and this writer is absolutely capable of giving a 'cute-ish, awww' kind of romance(she gave that in W). Though I doubt that she will give that same in MOA..I feel we are more likely to get a hubby-wifey kind of romance..lol..if that makes any sense.

Anyways..fingers crossed for a kiss in ep9!:D

I love this part !!! Exactly what i thought. I like matured ones than cheesy romances. I hope there will be more interactions between our OTP. 

Also i read in an article, that PSH agreed to join MOA, only if romance is included as main. So according to that article, before approaching PSH romance was not there in the script. So once romance was added, PSH joined. So i am strongly hoping we will get a lot of lovable moments between out OTP in coming episodes. *touchwood*

• Like 8

@bebebisous33 WOW! as always you continue to amaze me with your analysis and open my thoughts to areas of the drama that I never would have thought of esp. the possibility of KSB involvement. But I still think Prof Cha and Park is the prime suspect. In ep 8, Marco was VERY confident that he was able to earn 10 to 100 billion won for the game. He stated he had other offers so I wouldnt be surprised if he also seeked Prof Cha or Park before meeting CHS.  Prof Cha probably told Marco to sell the game to his son just to help his business and his relying on his son's success to bring JW down as CEO of JOne. Also surprisingly Marcus seem to know the tension between CHS and JW and the hotel contact details of where JW was staying in Barcelona. Prof Cha and Park couldve given these details to Marco.  

Spoiler

7a13155d316bc8b75367a1ca8e01dbc6.png

3e6624c4cf9ee35639e6f697efd1c06c.png

As for SJ disappearance, when he contacted JW he said he met CHS but doesnt want to take his 10 billion won offer as his evil. Maybe CHS killed Marco thats why SJ called him evil.   

Next, was when JW was talking to Park about finding SJ bag at the station. I think Park intentionally gave a clue to JW about SJ being chased by someone. They are using JW to find SJ as well as getting the license rights of the game.

Spoiler

acc772b8469cc5ed9efb771006f6f050.png

a74f1ddd96f1d7f7715ef14e6ae14c46.png

Just sharing pics of HB and the hawk. Must be a making as we didnt see any ropes tied onto the hawk during the drama.

Spoiler

48423871_382746688963529_483737364345546

48411072_382746718963526_282420125066330

48404872_382746702296861_294986480826397

49060474_382746635630201_671951158768356

48997514_382746625630202_190318840357951

Spoiler

49178424_382746618963536_851709812711777

cr. tvN facebook

and not sure if anyone notices in regards to Emma - so far we've seen her in the Granada cafe (JW first encounter of her) and then later in Korea. These old stills hints she will appear again and in a different location - looks like a someone's house

I know some people would like HJ to have a bigger role here as PSH does have this ability..(*sigh*) Sadly this is the writers fault. Like @40somethingahjumma and @stargazer187I too believe this drama is male lead centred. (I too wont complain here. I love HB role here) Fingers cross the next 8 eps PSH role will step up. However I do believe she wont step into the game. As its too dangerous and knowing JW he wont allow it. Though I could be wrong, this writer has included so many twists its hard to predict. Im hoping the writer have seen PSH in Doctors and she should know that PSH can flip and kick some serious butts  :D

b493aafbeb4ab0661433eecc02ae02d1db98e628

and I should proudly add that she did all those stunts herself.... see PDnim you can save some money on a stunt double :P

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, tiger457_stv said:

To this reader, the realms cannot merge since beside the special effects (such as rain and thunder and sounds and the villains) the city scenery and bathrooms are all real.  So Granada is Granada and Seoul is Seoul.

That's what I thought as well, however, the message from the master from Granada seems to indicate that the game realms can be in contact with each other and possibly even merge since JW was in the Seoul map when he got the message.

Not to mention the scoreboard being aware of Master and Marco as well as Zinu and City Hunter, especially since Master and Marco would never have played in the Seoul map, and City Hunter did not play the Grenada map.

Finally, Zombie Cha was created in the Granada map, but followed Zinu into the Seoul map.

Emma is a Fixture of the Granada scene.  But another version of Emma can be programmed for Asian Scenes.

Yes, that is what I assumed had been happening. That there are multiple instances of Emma in the games. I was just speculating that since the game maps seem to be able to be in contact with each, to what extent that contact affected each other.

Btw, because I do think that there is a mystical/magical element to this drama, I don't expect the writer to be clean about her treatment of the interactions of the worlds or the maps. So, unless we are given further information, I think it's fair to speculate on things that we know would not happen in an actual game world, and in ways that wouldn't make sense in real life. Also, I'm still waiting for the drama to give us more clues on the those marginal interactions.

It seems that the young programmer incorporate his game as part of HOSTAL BONITA, a business enterprise.  Hence buying the business enterprise, also buy the right to his game. 

That gave JW"s company the rights to the game, but I don't think they had access to the original game code since SJ disappeared, though didn't JW reclaim SJ's backpack? Perhaps it was in there, so they did have the original source?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

That's what I thought as well, however, the message from the master from Granada seems to indicate that the game realms can be in contact with each other and possibly even merge since JW was in the Seoul map when he got the message.

Not to mention the scoreboard being aware of Master and Marco as well as Zinu and City Hunter, especially since Master and Marco would never have played in the Seoul map, and City Hunter did not play the Grenada map.

Maybe it's not 'realms' rather a 'realm', as in a game realm. Any player who has played the game whether in Granada or Seoul or Beijing will be a part of the scoreboard(and this made me think that Dr.Cha's name must also be in that scoreboard..is his name there?) I am assuming that unlike actual video games where you can change your location and play in a different setting, in the MOA game, you will have to physically travel through a plane and reach the setting.

The hawk needs further explanation because for now lets assume that the only way  for SJ to contact was through the hawk message(humans can not travel within the game), then my next question is, is SJ also following the events happening within the game? Assuming that only players above level 90 can talk to Master SJ.

I think they have been working on the original code since the very beginning. It was just assumed that SJ emailed him the codes..(that's practically impossible though for an AR game..anyways) but after buying the hostel rights, JW's company now has the rights to alter, and further enhance the codes as well.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, siddy09 said:

I think they have been working on the original code since the very beginning. It was just assumed that SJ emailed him the codes..(that's practically impossible though for an AR game..anyways) but after buying the hostel rights, JW's company now has the rights to alter, and further enhance the codes as well. 

Hmm, I don't see how SJ could have emailed them. His first phone call to JW was while he was on the run. And, also, would SJ have emailed the codes, even assuming that he could have, to JW without having reached a deal. JW's lawyers figured out that the ownership of the game was in the Hostal Bonita's name, and then JW got HJ to sell him the Hostal Bonita without mentioning the game. Actually, if JW had been less scrupulous, then he could have gotten HJ to sell him the hostel for far less and still owned the game rights, but this is a tangential point.

I'm still puzzled as to how JW's people would have gotten the original game coding without having to do some serious mind acrobatics on the viewers' parts. :)

4 minutes ago, siddy09 said:

Maybe it's not 'realms' rather a 'realm', as in a game realm. Any player who has played the game whether in Granada or Seoul or Beijing will be a part of the scoreboard(and this made me think that Dr.Cha's name must also be in that scoreboard..is his name there?) I am assuming that unlike actual video games where you can change your location and play in a different setting, in the MOA game, you will have to physically travel through a plane and reach the setting.

Dr. Cha's name is not on the boards in the shots of the screen, however, that could be because Dr. Cha was killed at level 4 when he became Zombie Cha. On the shots of the scoreboard, aside from Master, Marcos, Zinu, and City Hunter, the rest are all testers.

And, I think you're about having to be in the physical city to play since it's an augmented reality game rather than a virtual reality game.

I'm willing to acknowledge that it may all be the same realm with different maps being developed if I could figure out how the original source code got to JW's developers for them to use to continue to develop the game, since then, there might be a mechanism to connect the various maps as the maps are developed to interact with each other.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, pattsue said:

I strong believe Emma is a healer and protector !. It has been 8 episodes of games and the male protagonist settling himself on the story , and the female protagonist giving us many clues what and how important she is for the development of the characters and the plot itself in the drama! Now, I have strong feelings,  and I can almost assure you all, that the story is turning it’s table to the female protagonist in the next 6 or 8 episodes , either as HJ and/or Emma. HJ , having a driven personality, as we all saw it, when she run after JW. and the assertive way she clarified the situation regarding the emails and etc, will for sure go wherever or do whatever to get to the bottom of her brother SJ    disappearance, no matter what, even if she has to get into the AR world. I am curious if/how Emma and HJ will become an ally to beat the game and defeat all the enemies to find SJ and/or find out what happen !? If the feelings HJ has for JW will be use to help her/ or be an obstacle!?! Will they  become lovers?  Or will be that type of love that even if we love each other , we can not be together? -_-

Please writer I want a realistic end! You own that to us! :P

PS= My theory. :rolleyes:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

Poke @ash011 I forgot to tell u this. You can always make a shipper thread for the OTP you like, included MoA OTP. And you see they're so lovely in all their BTS. The train scene where the boys asked HJ to get inside the train is pretty cute. 

How not to ship?!? 

Cr: as tagged
Hawk is often a messenger from Angels, Devas and the Divine. He signals a time in your life when you need to focus on what's ahead and prepare for a leadership role. Your global vision is a potent helpmate in this.
  • Like 7

I like JWs persistence  and how he always adjusts to the game.

JW is the best of the best, but even Rambo couldnt be on his own.

HJ is strong enough to be with JW.

For starters they both have the same goal, to find SJ.

Btw, JW looked so powerful with that hawk on his arm.

Perfect.  

• Like 8

I have a theory, but not sure if it has already been proposed. (a bit long of a theory however) 

I think that Seju killed Marco. This takes place in the first episode when we see someone getting shot in the train. Initially, we think that Seju was shot by a gun and he is dead, but it could be possible that it was Seju who killed Marco. I'm assuming Seju and Marco were fighting about money and who to sell their business to - Marco being the greedy one, wanting more money and Seju not so much. Seju's opposition against greediness can be justified when he is in the phone call with Yoo Jin Woo, when he says that Mr. Cha offered him 10 billion won but is reluctant to sell it to him. When he stops talking in the phone call, he looks around for a bit. Then he tells Jin Woo to meet him in Grenada. This scene might be the same scene Jin Woo has when Mr. Cha constantly returns: the sky darkening, clouds thundering, rain falling, and the glorious Memories of Alhambra tune playing. Seju starts to run away, looking back continually. Seju runs away and looks cautious because zombie Marco might have returned in that scene, just like Mr. Cha does to Jin Woo. Seju is relieved when walks into the departing train, knowing that he has escaped Marco. However, later, the door opens, and gunshots can be heard with blood staining the window. This is the part when Seju shoots zombie Marco, killing him once again; this is similar to Jin Woo's situation. He constantly kills Mr. Cha when he returns. Something important to notice however, is that the other two people in Seju's room in the train do not seem to wake up or notice the gunshots. They are unaware of any murder going on. Therefore, it's possible that Seju is playing the game, and outside people cannot see what Seju is seeing and experiencing. Also, it's also significant to notice that Seju should have a gun, considering that he is level 94. (Assuming that Seju is the "Master") I also think that Marco died the same way as Mr. Cha (no apparent cause of death, nobody knows). 

TL;DR: Seju killed Marco, and is constantly killing zombie Marco. But since he killed someone, Seju is hiding from everyone. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

On 12/20/2018 at 2:36 AM, maris1 said:

I liked and tend to agree with dramabeans summarising JW-HJ relationship progress from beginning to the end of episode 6...

sharing with you all...

http://www.dramabeans

Also, look at things from Hee Joo’s Perspective too...

1: JW has been the first saviour in HJ’s life at a young age of 27. For many years she has just singlehandedly taken care of 2siblings and grandmother. By no means sign of a weak person. SJ realises that fact which inspires him into creating Emma after her. Grandmother acknowledges her hardship through the years as she hugged HJ...Min Joo lays it straight to JW that HJ is too good for him. Her family knows!

Still waters run deep couldn’t be more true for HJ. There is a underlying strength that cannot be seen in her outer veneer.

( Though at some subconscious level I think JW realises that...)

2: JW is also the first one who appreciated HJ as a classic guitarist since her becoming guardian of her family and encouraged her more than once to take it up again. 

3: We all agree JW was charming in his dealings with HJ since his about turn realising he needed her for his gain. If we find him charming despite knowing he was not being upfront with HJ...we can surely understand her liking him..:D

3: JW falls in her hostel...in that single moment his personality changes from the assured, confident charming suave self to one with irreversible handicap, hallucinations & seizures having undergone surgery.... diaganosed with ‘stress related paranoid ideation’ seeing/fearing a dead person with a sword like a ghost of his ex friend. Now on sedatives to keep him calm.

All these events are quite a lot to absorb in a single day by any standards. We know why...but HJ does not! 

HJ also feels burdened by the fact that accident happened in her hostel leading to JW in this state...Her emotions were stretched to max in series of events within a short period time. Therefore, it is not surprising if she gives in under all the stress & sheds tears when HJ held back in JW’s embrace pleading to stay there a while; final straw being when she hears him utter the words

“ I’ve gone crazy”

Do we call that weak? Unreasonable? Out of place?

or

Do we see another good side of HJ...?

The empathy, compassion, pity , concern for someone she considers as her saviour, for one who brought a ray of hope for a future for her whole family and their happiness ....

now reduced to obvious physical and mental challenges/ handicaps

There is much more ...but one thing is for sure...

HJ has a silent strength, admirable loyalties, ethical values, empathetic, loving and loved by her family and people she comes across in her daily life...

That’s something that we cannot say for

JW, females surrounding him and his life.

JW & HJ both provide each other what each is lacking....we can see that through the multitude of events involving them

I think ...At subconscious levels they do register & appreciate what each brings in each other’s lives..

i look forward to the development of their story together...which though headed for love but not there as yet !

Sorry for the long monologue....

.... there is still a lot left to say..:D

On point! 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 8

13 minutes ago, halostriker said:

I have a theory, but not sure if it has already been proposed. (a bit long of a theory however) 

I think that Seju killed Marco. This takes place in the first episode when we see someone getting shot in the train. Initially, we think that Seju was shot by a gun and he is dead, but it could be possible that it was Seju who killed Marco. I'm assuming Seju and Marco were fighting about money and who to sell their business to - Marco being the greedy one, wanting more money and Seju not so much. Seju's opposition against greediness can be justified when he is in the phone call with Yoo Jin Woo, when he says that Mr. Cha offered him 10 billion won but is reluctant to sell it to him. When he stops talking in the phone call, he looks around for a bit. Then he tells Jin Woo to meet him in Grenada. This scene might be the same scene Jin Woo has when Mr. Cha constantly returns: the sky darkening, clouds thundering, rain falling, and the glorious Memories of Alhambra tune playing. Seju starts to run away, looking back continually. Seju runs away and looks cautious because zombie Marco might have returned in that scene, just like Mr. Cha does to Jin Woo. Seju is relieved when walks into the departing train, knowing that he has escaped Marco. However, later, the door opens, and gunshots can be heard with blood staining the window. This is the part when Seju shoots zombie Marco, killing him once again; this is similar to Jin Woo's situation. He constantly kills Mr. Cha when he returns. Something important to notice however, is that the other two people in Seju's room in the train do not seem to wake up or notice the gunshots. They are unaware of any murder going on. Therefore, it's possible that Seju is playing the game, and outside people cannot see what Seju is seeing and experiencing. Also, it's also significant to notice that Seju should have a gun, considering that he is level 94. (Assuming that Seju is the "Master") I also think that Marco died the same way as Mr. Cha (no apparent cause of death, nobody knows). 

TL;DR: Seju killed Marco, and is constantly killing zombie Marco. But since he killed someone, Seju is hiding from everyone. 

yup.. dramabeans proposed it and they mentioned that the person is wearing same shirt as Marco , wherever the assasin is shown with se joo

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

yup.. dramabeans proposed it and they mentioned that the person is wearing same shirt as Marco , wherever the assasin is shown with se joo

Ah I didn't see that. Thanks fam

• Like 3