[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

20 minutes ago, siddy09 said:

Also, don't forget that this not a rom-com or rainbow/flowery kind of drama so don't expect sugary romance. If you are doing so, then you will be disappointed. The mere fact that our male OTP had two ex-wives proves that we will get to see a mature-ish kind of interaction between leads. We will definitely get more skinship, I am sure about that and this writer is absolutely capable of giving a 'cute-ish, awww' kind of romance(she gave that in W). Though I doubt that she will give that same in MOA..I feel we are more likely to get a hubby-wifey kind of romance..lol..if that makes any sense.

Anyways..fingers crossed for a kiss in ep9!:D

I love this part !!! Exactly what i thought. I like matured ones than cheesy romances. I hope there will be more interactions between our OTP. 

Also i read in an article, that PSH agreed to join MOA, only if romance is included as main. So according to that article, before approaching PSH romance was not there in the script. So once romance was added, PSH joined. So i am strongly hoping we will get a lot of lovable moments between out OTP in coming episodes. *touchwood*

• Like 8

@bebebisous33 WOW! as always you continue to amaze me with your analysis and open my thoughts to areas of the drama that I never would have thought of esp. the possibility of KSB involvement. But I still think Prof Cha and Park is the prime suspect. In ep 8, Marco was VERY confident that he was able to earn 10 to 100 billion won for the game. He stated he had other offers so I wouldnt be surprised if he also seeked Prof Cha or Park before meeting CHS.  Prof Cha probably told Marco to sell the game to his son just to help his business and his relying on his son's success to bring JW down as CEO of JOne. Also surprisingly Marcus seem to know the tension between CHS and JW and the hotel contact details of where JW was staying in Barcelona. Prof Cha and Park couldve given these details to Marco.  

Spoiler

7a13155d316bc8b75367a1ca8e01dbc6.png

3e6624c4cf9ee35639e6f697efd1c06c.png

As for SJ disappearance, when he contacted JW he said he met CHS but doesnt want to take his 10 billion won offer as his evil. Maybe CHS killed Marco thats why SJ called him evil.   

Next, was when JW was talking to Park about finding SJ bag at the station. I think Park intentionally gave a clue to JW about SJ being chased by someone. They are using JW to find SJ as well as getting the license rights of the game.

Spoiler

acc772b8469cc5ed9efb771006f6f050.png

a74f1ddd96f1d7f7715ef14e6ae14c46.png

Just sharing pics of HB and the hawk. Must be a making as we didnt see any ropes tied onto the hawk during the drama.

Spoiler

48423871_382746688963529_483737364345546

48411072_382746718963526_282420125066330

48404872_382746702296861_294986480826397

49060474_382746635630201_671951158768356

48997514_382746625630202_190318840357951

Spoiler

49178424_382746618963536_851709812711777

cr. tvN facebook

and not sure if anyone notices in regards to Emma - so far we've seen her in the Granada cafe (JW first encounter of her) and then later in Korea. These old stills hints she will appear again and in a different location - looks like a someone's house

I know some people would like HJ to have a bigger role here as PSH does have this ability..(*sigh*) Sadly this is the writers fault. Like @40somethingahjumma and @stargazer187I too believe this drama is male lead centred. (I too wont complain here. I love HB role here) Fingers cross the next 8 eps PSH role will step up. However I do believe she wont step into the game. As its too dangerous and knowing JW he wont allow it. Though I could be wrong, this writer has included so many twists its hard to predict. Im hoping the writer have seen PSH in Doctors and she should know that PSH can flip and kick some serious butts  :D

b493aafbeb4ab0661433eecc02ae02d1db98e628

and I should proudly add that she did all those stunts herself.... see PDnim you can save some money on a stunt double :P

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

That's what I thought as well, however, the message from the master from Granada seems to indicate that the game realms can be in contact with each other and possibly even merge since JW was in the Seoul map when he got the message.

Not to mention the scoreboard being aware of Master and Marco as well as Zinu and City Hunter, especially since Master and Marco would never have played in the Seoul map, and City Hunter did not play the Grenada map.

Maybe it's not 'realms' rather a 'realm', as in a game realm. Any player who has played the game whether in Granada or Seoul or Beijing will be a part of the scoreboard(and this made me think that Dr.Cha's name must also be in that scoreboard..is his name there?) I am assuming that unlike actual video games where you can change your location and play in a different setting, in the MOA game, you will have to physically travel through a plane and reach the setting.

The hawk needs further explanation because for now lets assume that the only way  for SJ to contact was through the hawk message(humans can not travel within the game), then my next question is, is SJ also following the events happening within the game? Assuming that only players above level 90 can talk to Master SJ.

I think they have been working on the original code since the very beginning. It was just assumed that SJ emailed him the codes..(that's practically impossible though for an AR game..anyways) but after buying the hostel rights, JW's company now has the rights to alter, and further enhance the codes as well.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, pattsue said:

I think its due to Emma.. It was mentioned before that Emma is a healer

I strong believe Emma is a healer and protector !. It has been 8 episodes of games and the male protagonist settling himself on the story , and the female protagonist giving us many clues what and how important she is for the development of the characters and the plot itself in the drama! Now, I have strong feelings,  and I can almost assure you all, that the story is turning it’s table to the female protagonist in the next 6 or 8 episodes , either as HJ and/or Emma. HJ , having a driven personality, as we all saw it, when she run after JW. and the assertive way she clarified the situation regarding the emails and etc, will for sure go wherever or do whatever to get to the bottom of her brother SJ    disappearance, no matter what, even if she has to get into the AR world. I am curious if/how Emma and HJ will become an ally to beat the game and defeat all the enemies to find SJ and/or find out what happen !? If the feelings HJ has for JW will be use to help her/ or be an obstacle!?! Will they  become lovers?  Or will be that type of love that even if we love each other , we can not be together? -_-

Please writer I want a realistic end! You own that to us! :P

PS= My theory. :rolleyes:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

Poke @ash011 I forgot to tell u this. You can always make a shipper thread for the OTP you like, included MoA OTP. And you see they're so lovely in all their BTS. The train scene where the boys asked HJ to get inside the train is pretty cute. 

How not to ship?!? 

Cr: as tagged
Hawk is often a messenger from Angels, Devas and the Divine. He signals a time in your life when you need to focus on what's ahead and prepare for a leadership role. Your global vision is a potent helpmate in this.
  • Like 7

I like JWs persistence  and how he always adjusts to the game.

JW is the best of the best, but even Rambo couldnt be on his own.

HJ is strong enough to be with JW.

For starters they both have the same goal, to find SJ.

Btw, JW looked so powerful with that hawk on his arm.

Perfect.  

• Like 8

I have a theory, but not sure if it has already been proposed. (a bit long of a theory however) 

I think that Seju killed Marco. This takes place in the first episode when we see someone getting shot in the train. Initially, we think that Seju was shot by a gun and he is dead, but it could be possible that it was Seju who killed Marco. I'm assuming Seju and Marco were fighting about money and who to sell their business to - Marco being the greedy one, wanting more money and Seju not so much. Seju's opposition against greediness can be justified when he is in the phone call with Yoo Jin Woo, when he says that Mr. Cha offered him 10 billion won but is reluctant to sell it to him. When he stops talking in the phone call, he looks around for a bit. Then he tells Jin Woo to meet him in Grenada. This scene might be the same scene Jin Woo has when Mr. Cha constantly returns: the sky darkening, clouds thundering, rain falling, and the glorious Memories of Alhambra tune playing. Seju starts to run away, looking back continually. Seju runs away and looks cautious because zombie Marco might have returned in that scene, just like Mr. Cha does to Jin Woo. Seju is relieved when walks into the departing train, knowing that he has escaped Marco. However, later, the door opens, and gunshots can be heard with blood staining the window. This is the part when Seju shoots zombie Marco, killing him once again; this is similar to Jin Woo's situation. He constantly kills Mr. Cha when he returns. Something important to notice however, is that the other two people in Seju's room in the train do not seem to wake up or notice the gunshots. They are unaware of any murder going on. Therefore, it's possible that Seju is playing the game, and outside people cannot see what Seju is seeing and experiencing. Also, it's also significant to notice that Seju should have a gun, considering that he is level 94. (Assuming that Seju is the "Master") I also think that Marco died the same way as Mr. Cha (no apparent cause of death, nobody knows). 

TL;DR: Seju killed Marco, and is constantly killing zombie Marco. But since he killed someone, Seju is hiding from everyone. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

On 12/20/2018 at 2:36 AM, maris1 said:

I liked and tend to agree with dramabeans summarising JW-HJ relationship progress from beginning to the end of episode 6...

sharing with you all...

http://www.dramabeans

Also, look at things from Hee Joo’s Perspective too...

1: JW has been the first saviour in HJ’s life at a young age of 27. For many years she has just singlehandedly taken care of 2siblings and grandmother. By no means sign of a weak person. SJ realises that fact which inspires him into creating Emma after her. Grandmother acknowledges her hardship through the years as she hugged HJ...Min Joo lays it straight to JW that HJ is too good for him. Her family knows!

Still waters run deep couldn’t be more true for HJ. There is a underlying strength that cannot be seen in her outer veneer.

( Though at some subconscious level I think JW realises that...)

2: JW is also the first one who appreciated HJ as a classic guitarist since her becoming guardian of her family and encouraged her more than once to take it up again. 

3: We all agree JW was charming in his dealings with HJ since his about turn realising he needed her for his gain. If we find him charming despite knowing he was not being upfront with HJ...we can surely understand her liking him..:D

3: JW falls in her hostel...in that single moment his personality changes from the assured, confident charming suave self to one with irreversible handicap, hallucinations & seizures having undergone surgery.... diaganosed with ‘stress related paranoid ideation’ seeing/fearing a dead person with a sword like a ghost of his ex friend. Now on sedatives to keep him calm.

All these events are quite a lot to absorb in a single day by any standards. We know why...but HJ does not! 

HJ also feels burdened by the fact that accident happened in her hostel leading to JW in this state...Her emotions were stretched to max in series of events within a short period time. Therefore, it is not surprising if she gives in under all the stress & sheds tears when HJ held back in JW’s embrace pleading to stay there a while; final straw being when she hears him utter the words

“ I’ve gone crazy”

Do we call that weak? Unreasonable? Out of place?

or

Do we see another good side of HJ...?

The empathy, compassion, pity , concern for someone she considers as her saviour, for one who brought a ray of hope for a future for her whole family and their happiness ....

now reduced to obvious physical and mental challenges/ handicaps

There is much more ...but one thing is for sure...

HJ has a silent strength, admirable loyalties, ethical values, empathetic, loving and loved by her family and people she comes across in her daily life...

That’s something that we cannot say for

JW, females surrounding him and his life.

JW & HJ both provide each other what each is lacking....we can see that through the multitude of events involving them

I think ...At subconscious levels they do register & appreciate what each brings in each other’s lives..

i look forward to the development of their story together...which though headed for love but not there as yet !

Sorry for the long monologue....

.... there is still a lot left to say..:D

On point! 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 8

13 minutes ago, halostriker said:

I have a theory, but not sure if it has already been proposed. (a bit long of a theory however) 

I think that Seju killed Marco. This takes place in the first episode when we see someone getting shot in the train. Initially, we think that Seju was shot by a gun and he is dead, but it could be possible that it was Seju who killed Marco. I'm assuming Seju and Marco were fighting about money and who to sell their business to - Marco being the greedy one, wanting more money and Seju not so much. Seju's opposition against greediness can be justified when he is in the phone call with Yoo Jin Woo, when he says that Mr. Cha offered him 10 billion won but is reluctant to sell it to him. When he stops talking in the phone call, he looks around for a bit. Then he tells Jin Woo to meet him in Grenada. This scene might be the same scene Jin Woo has when Mr. Cha constantly returns: the sky darkening, clouds thundering, rain falling, and the glorious Memories of Alhambra tune playing. Seju starts to run away, looking back continually. Seju runs away and looks cautious because zombie Marco might have returned in that scene, just like Mr. Cha does to Jin Woo. Seju is relieved when walks into the departing train, knowing that he has escaped Marco. However, later, the door opens, and gunshots can be heard with blood staining the window. This is the part when Seju shoots zombie Marco, killing him once again; this is similar to Jin Woo's situation. He constantly kills Mr. Cha when he returns. Something important to notice however, is that the other two people in Seju's room in the train do not seem to wake up or notice the gunshots. They are unaware of any murder going on. Therefore, it's possible that Seju is playing the game, and outside people cannot see what Seju is seeing and experiencing. Also, it's also significant to notice that Seju should have a gun, considering that he is level 94. (Assuming that Seju is the "Master") I also think that Marco died the same way as Mr. Cha (no apparent cause of death, nobody knows). 

TL;DR: Seju killed Marco, and is constantly killing zombie Marco. But since he killed someone, Seju is hiding from everyone. 

yup.. dramabeans proposed it and they mentioned that the person is wearing same shirt as Marco , wherever the assasin is shown with se joo

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, halostriker said:

I was also thinking that SeJu might havekilled Marco till the latest episode where we see that SeJu and Marco have logged in the game 1 year ago. If SeJu had killed Marco and NPC Marco was now following SeJu, he would have been active on the world server for the entire of last year effectively leveling up continuously. Which is why I think that it was actually CHS who killed Marco who was already wounded after his fight on the train with SeJu.

PS I think someone had posted that SeJu means Master.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

@wenchanteur as a female writer she did good in writing a male centered dramas. I have watched her 9 times time travel, this is my fave so far, QIHM, not really impressed by this tho, and W, it's good it's just she breaks many rules and kind of inconsistent on several part. And MoA, I also wonder with how she has that brain for this great imagination and nice plot. Tho it also still has its flaws. But nobody's perfect as well as the things too. In short, she is a good writer. But there some part of her narrative needs to keep its rules. Well, it's just my opinion. 

Hi, as I had already mentioned, there are no inconsistencies in "W", and it's too tedious to answer step by step. However, I have seen the drama a number of times that could raise doubts about my mental health, and I have adapted the French subtitles.
Under these circumstances, I think the drama remains unexplainable for the vast majority of people. Not for questions of intelligence, but because it requires a lot of investigation. This is because SJJ's style is to show rather than explain, and to let the viewer understand by himself, with the clues she gives.

The drama "Nine Time Travel" is the one that best illustrates this, because the viewer manages to understand it. It does not give an explanation but the rules are more clear and obvious.

"W" is much more complex. Some rules change because they are related to the context of the manhwa and the evolution of status of the characters in the story of the manhwa. Some rules do not derive from others and are basic data "the main character (the villain or the good guy) retains the ability to travel after the end of the manhwa", this ability being already existing, but constrained by the end of chapters, when main characters is half fiction-half real. In fact, it was a bad example, since this rule already stems from another one. "a dimensional portal appears when the main character accepts the truth" is a better example, to describe a basic rule.... OOOPS! I stop here, if I start to start on the subject, I will find myself at 4am with a 4000 line answer. :-D

The drama is moving at an incredible speed, with changes so frequent, that it becomes impossible to understand. But I love this kind of story, it doesn't bother me that the explanation is almost inaccessible, it's a bit like the stories like Primer, Liar Game (Jap), Death note.

As for the scriptwriter, I am a great admirer of her, since she wrote my favourite TV fiction, from all periods and countries. I have a lot of difficulty finding defects in her, concerning logic, writing quality, dialogues, and all that.

However, your intervention allowed me to find one, it concerns the way she constructs a man's feelings. As she is a woman, I have the impression that the men she describes function more like women than men in terms of feelings, and this is also quite true for other kdramas, since there are many dramas written by women.
In all my life, I have never had a woman in my entourage who is interested in me, who has fallen in love with me, while I ignore her. And gradually, I would start to take an interest in her? No, I'll just ignore her forever, I'm not interested in her from the start. Falling in love by the force of time and requests is for me a typically feminine behaviour.  For a man, you need a strong click. Even if the relationship is progressive, this woman will not be ignored, or treated so harshly that she would be disgusted.

The "descendant of the sun" drama, whose scenario I find rather bad, still has a very good love story. The man's behaviour is realistic, as soon as he sees the heroin, he is seduced, during the scene where she passes behind a curtain (in slow motion, of course).

It is a complicated subject, and I don't know if my point of view is related to my own psychology and the formation of the couples I have witnessed, or if it is a general case.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

her flaws are exactly the same.. don't you sense it?

i think its the director, the way he portrays things,90% of the script's flaws have been taken care of.. i see the obvious effort in making things believable/ possible.. whereas i can clearly see how her original idea would have been complete merging and illogical magic angle

the big difference definitely is because of the director.. from plot inputs, maneuvering the story, and the screen quality

To answer your comment, I have to rely on the "W" script. The scriptwriter offered it for download. As it is in Korean and the google translation is not fabulous, I didn't have the patience to read it from beginning to end, but I read many passages.

The script is of incredible quality, if I had to summarize, she is able to indicate the maximum detail, in the most concise way possible. It is not only an impeccable professionalism, but also that she ensures that each of her ideas is presented.

Everything you see on the screen is almost in the script. Every little bit of scene. She even allows herself to influence very strongly the way this should be directed (for example, the final scene of episode 1), she does this on some important scenes (normally, a movie script does not interfere with the direction).

So I think the same is true for MOA. The scenario is so dense, all the director has to do is land behind the camera. I don't think the director had to correct any flaws, everything is already in the script.

Of course, on "W", Jung Dae-Yoon was not satisfied with just doing that, and he managed to magnify the script, by the colors, the light, the photography, the atmosphere, the way to frame, the direction of the actors. Very little has changed from the original script, and the revised version has not been published (I don't know who did it), the most important change being the reduction from 17 episodes to 16 episodes. There were enough plot-twists all over the story, to be able to find a cliffhanger at the end of each revised episode.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, siddy09 said:

The hawk needs further explanation because for now lets assume that the only way  for SJ to contact was through the hawk message(humans can not travel within the game), then my next question is, is SJ also following the events happening within the game? Assuming that only players above level 90 can talk to Master SJ.

Sorry for cutting in :P But seems like SJ is also stuck in the game and has to follow the game rules. Only players who are 90+ can get the Eagle as an high level item and apparently only those players who have these birds can communicate with each other. Currently there are only 3 players who have crossed level 90 - SeJu , Marco and Jin Woo. As soon as SeJu saw that another player has leveled up, he sent a message through the bird. Whether SeJu knows who Zinu is and what message he has said is yet to be seen. It would be interesting to if SeJu's login  details changed in real lime on the world server.

9 hours ago, siddy09 said:

I think they have been working on the original code since the very beginning. It was just assumed that SJ emailed him the codes..(that's practically impossible though for an AR game..anyways) but after buying the hostel rights, JW's company now has the rights to alter, and further enhance the codes as well.

Rather than sending the codes, most likely SeJu has the game installed on a remote server and sent the login details and link to Jin Woo through email. JOne engineer's probably got access to the server and thereby the codes by claiming rights to game or quite simply by hacking into it. Or even more likely is JinWoo got access to SeJu's computer and phone when he was at the hostel when HeeJoo let him use it.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, alcides14ahjumma said:

I strong believe Emma is a healer and protector !. It has been 8 episodes of games and the male protagonist settling himself on the story , and the female protagonist giving us many clues what and how important she is for the development of the characters and the plot itself in the drama! Now, I have strong feelings,  and I can almost assure you all, that the story is turning it’s table to the female protagonist in the next 6 or 8 episodes , either as HJ and/or Emma. HJ , having a driven personality, as we all saw it, when she run after JW. and the assertive way she clarified the situation regarding the emails and etc, will for sure go wherever or do whatever to get to the bottom of her brother SJ    disappearance, no matter what, even if she has to get into the AR world. I am curious if/how Emma and HJ will become an ally to beat the game and defeat all the enemies to find SJ and/or find out what happen !? If the feelings HJ has for JW will be use to help her/ or be an obstacle!?! Will they  become lovers?  Or will be that type of love that even if we love each other , we can not be together? -_-

Please writer I want a realistic end! You own that to us! :P

PS= My theory. :rolleyes:

I agree with you. I feel that both HeeJoo and Emma are going to play an important role in the game in the upcoming episodes. One tiny detail that seems to be overlooked is that HeeJoo is the only person who can block NPC CHS in real life where as other people can't. That has to mean something!  I don't know if Jin Woo knows this and is deliberately avoiding to involve her to protect her from getting hurt or he will realize this in the upcoming coming episodes. Either-way, he would have to explain to HeeJoo about the game and what happened to him, SeJoo and CHS.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

This Guy...

Cr: MOA - Dramabeans

Alhambra02-00492.jpg

I have a feeling that this is SeJu who has got camouflage gear. This guy is tall similar height to Chanyeol. I hope JinWoo and SeJoo don't end up attacking each other. 

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images. If you have to reference an image in another post, pull it out of the quote. Thanks.
  • Like 4