Quantcast

[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SJJ should be banned from writing. She's a mess. I'm so disappointed now. Psycho writer!!!!  The leads didn’t end meet at the end and barely had screentime lol.Worst ending ever.     Where a

I would like to give my point of view about the kiss scene . For me it’s not forced or just inserted to satisfy the fans but there’s a reason behind . At that point of Jin woo’s  world is collapsing .

My translation might be wrong, cuz I'm not that good in Korean, but I tried?! BTS (Phone conversation): HB: If you look at the script on the phone .. like this (small) SH: No, if you tu

Posted Images

6 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

This Guy...

Cr: MOA - Dramabeans

Alhambra02-00492.jpg

I have a feeling that this is SeJu who has got camouflage gear. This guy is tall similar height to Chanyeol. I hope JinWoo and SeJoo don't end up attacking each other. 

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images. If you have to reference an image in another post, pull it out of the quote. Thanks.
  • Like 4

OK I just started watching this drama 2 days ago and I couldn't stop watching it! I'm currently at EP6 and omg the tense!! THIS DRAMA IS UNPREDICTABLE. I think the way they interpret every scene especially gaming scene are genius. Hyunbin such a good actor when he's in pain, I CAN LITERALLY FEEL IT TOO. This drama by far, it's my fav drama this year. I'm VERY PICKY when it comes to KDRAMA but this one It's the best. I couldn't pick a flaws! the script, the editing, the plot, everything are on point. I just have one question thats been bugging me. How HyunBin/Jinwoo even manage to  get the game lenses at the first place??/ Did I missed something? lol  

--

BTW I watched 'W', but can't bear to finish it until the end because personally i think it's very poor written, the writer didn't manage to make the audience understand the logic of human going into comic...  and too much unnecessary kissing scene (watched it for the sake of Lee Jongsuk but still cant finished it lol sorry oppa) unlike Memories of Al-Hambara, I can feel the logic of the game because the audience also as the same boat as the main character, Jinwoo, still feeling confused how the heck game can turn into real life thing.The audience figuring out things out TOGETHER with main character as the ep going on (this all by the clever monologue script by Jinwoo) and I LOVE IT.  With W, I went straight wtf is this. this doesnt make sense. so many questions. You know. 

• Like 8

Is anyone here play games? I once upon a time did...uni days well spent and was hooked on Dynasty Warriors. I still love it but sadly I have no time to play it. Though at one stage I was so hooked that my partner and I would play it continuously until we finished it. Boy what an accomplishment it was. :D So I really understand the level of addiction it can get. 

So my point is if SJ and Marco were the creators of this game why would they play against each other? It was far more fun and interactive when you team up esp with your best friend and if you like me dont know what your doing a partner is needed. Also so far we see SJ is very sensitive, timid, reserved and an introvert. I believe he also lacks confidence in himself. See how he panics when his grandmother scowls at him or even becomes very hestitant in speaking to JW.  SJ lacks the confidence so he lets Marco deal with all the business issues of the game.

So if thats the case likewise during the game mode Marco would be on SJ team as well. I dont think they will duel each other or even if they are set to go against each other (say its for the purpose of finishing the game) - SJ being so timid would not kill Marco. What would his motive be to kill Marco?..i just dont see him designing a game where he would have to kill his only friend for the sake of winning. Thats why I dont think Marco is a zombie like what Cha turned out to be. My prediction is that on the train Marco boarded the train too.Marco logged into the game to find SJ and if they are allies then he can find SJ. So instead of shooting SJ he came to help rescue him from those blue eye ninjas. They must be in game mode for other passengers not to notice all those gun shots. Like JW seeing and hearing the storms and music is a sign that there is danger. (i think thats Emma's magic) Then in reality the train made a stop so both Marco and SJ ran out. Maybe CHS or maybe  the bigger fish -Prof Cha and Parks minions were chasing the boys and whereby Marco died in the woods by those men. SJ is safe and hiding from them all.

Also I stated before that Prof Cha and Park is my prime suspect of the deaths of Marco, Cha and causing SJ disappearance. SJ is a minor and a uni student. There is no way he could afford such hi tech computers and likewise Marco too whom is a drug addict and in serious debt.  I even doubt HJ can fund him those computers. Also it seems that SJ has 2 hideouts to develop the games- his home and one in Barcelona each storing his hi tech computers. Both boys must be sponsored by someone and I believe that someone is Prof Cha and Park. Marco being greedy must secretly want to sell these designs elsewhere and he started it off with CHS. Prof Cha and Park mustve found out of this and is hunting the boys down too. If Prof Cha and Park are the boys sponsors they too will have access to the game and be able to send those blue eye ninjas to attack SJ and find his location on that train. 

Also I dont think Marco is a zombie because if he is he would still be able to haunt SJ like Cha is doing to JW. and during this past year both SJ and Marco havent logged into the game. Marco cant because his dead and SJ wont because if he does he would be easily located by the bigger fish - Prof Cha and Park. 

Also I have a crazy idea that zombie cha is actually SJ. So far no one knows how Zombie Cha magically appears. if SJ is the master he would have access to how all the players are playing  and he can easily create a NPC to whom he controls. Zombie Cha constantly appears and his death lets JW to level up. I dont think Zombie Cha can kill JW because as we saw when JW was in the States, after thinking of HJ Zombie Cha appears in his room. JW looked defenceless and was ready to let Zombie Cha kill him. Instead we see his secretary come him and sees JW unconscious on the floor. So Zombie Cha didnt kill JW then and there. I believe SJ is using Zombie Cha as a player to level up JW so he can eventually meet him. Zombie Cha is a glitch that even JW I.T guru cannot see or explain. This could be SJ doing.

Ok i think Ive rambled enough...sorry long post but its good that I got my crazy ideas out there. :D Hope it makes sense 

• Like 8
3 hours ago, wenchanteur said:

To answer your comment, I have to rely on the "W" script. The scriptwriter offered it for download. As it is in Korean and the google translation is not fabulous, I didn't have the patience to read it from beginning to end, but I read many passages.

The script is of incredible quality, if I had to summarize, she is able to indicate the maximum detail, in the most concise way possible. It is not only an impeccable professionalism, but also that she ensures that each of her ideas is presented.

Everything you see on the screen is almost in the script. Every little bit of scene. She even allows herself to influence very strongly the way this should be directed (for example, the final scene of episode 1), she does this on some important scenes (normally, a movie script does not interfere with the direction).

So I think the same is true for MOA. The scenario is so dense, all the director has to do is land behind the camera. I don't think the director had to correct any flaws, everything is already in the script.

Of course, on "W", Jung Dae-Yoon was not satisfied with just doing that, and he managed to magnify the script, by the colors, the light, the photography, the atmosphere, the way to frame, the direction of the actors. Very little has changed from the original script, and the revised version has not been published (I don't know who did it), the most important change being the reduction from 17 episodes to 16 episodes. There were enough plot-twists all over the story, to be able to find a cliffhanger at the end of each revised episode.

The flaws being discussed here, you really don't need her actual script.

It's the basic fallacy in inconsistencies of the rules she creates for her universe.

E.g. W - she couldn't decide if she wanted the tablet to be the magical device leading to all of this chaos or she just wanted to play with the design of an animation coming to life because of will power of a character.

Alhambra is full of loopholes, too glaring to be avoided and direction/ overall package does cover up most of them.

cha's death and its explanation - that is clickbait. That is stupid and just for TRP. She doesn't even follow up the rule with other players and other scenarios. It helps how AR game has been shown to us visually and the flow of story - that is director's area and not script writers per se.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, sanika said:

Sorry for cutting in :P But seems like SJ is also stuck in the game and has to follow the game rules. Only players who are 90+ can get the Eagle as an high level item and apparently only those players who have these birds can communicate with each other. Currently there are only 3 players who have crossed level 90 - SeJu , Marco and Jin Woo. As soon as SeJu saw that another player has leveled up, he sent a message through the bird. Whether SeJu knows who Zinu is and what message he has said is yet to be seen. It would be interesting to if SeJu's login  details changed in real lime on the world server.

Why would seju know only now that ONE PLAYER has leveled up? He can see there are so many people playing the game and so many stuck at same level (e.g. cha). He would have noticed JW leveling up since last 1 year right?

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Why would seju know only now that ONE PLAYER has leveled up? He can see there are so many people playing the game and so many stuck at same level (e.g. cha). He would have noticed JW leveling up since last 1 year right?

Probably he has been waiting for someone to level up and attain the Eagle at level 90 so that he can finally communicate with someone/anyone or maybe its like the message in the bottle concept where he has sent an SOS signal hoping that someone would help him. It would be better to ask help from a high level character and form an alliance as they clearly have more experience in the game vs the newer players.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Alhambra is full of loopholes, too glaring to be avoided and direction/ overall package does cover up most of them.

cha's death and its explanation - that is clickbait. That is stupid and just for TRP. She doesn't even follow up the rule with other players and other scenarios. It helps how AR game has been shown to us visually and the flow of story - that is director's area and not script writers per se.

Agreed! MotA has loopholes and some are too glaring to ignore.

Anyways, I dont find it believable that SJ is master nor do i believe that master knows what on earth is happening in the game or whoever leveled up. Huhu

The main issue i have with the game is i dont know which version is which. The development team is developing the game, supposedly from scratch with none of the original NPCs. But the scoreboard has Marco and Master and also JW, which means that this is also the original game. Games dont usually have cumulative scoreboards especially if its from different developers.

• Like 2

Thanks @stargazer187 :D

True money is the root of all evil and the boys prob quarreled over it and perhaps Marco insisted on them to sign the deal with CHS. But during the time when SJ called JW, he seem to be rush for time as CHS gave SJ a day to sign the deal with him and perhaps he threatened him too. So somewhere between the time of Marco first meeting with CHS, CHS  he too contacted SJ and knew SJ was the developer of the game not Marco. There must be a few days there that is yet yet be aired. 

Anyway I saw this meme a few days ago. I laughed at it as its so true for drama and gamer addicts alike. :lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, sanika said:

Probably he has been waiting for someone to level up and attain the Eagle at level 90 so that he can finally communicate with someone/anyone or maybe its like the message in the bottle concept where he has sent an SOS signal hoping that someone would help him. It would be better to ask help from a high level character and form an alliance as they clearly have more experience in the game vs the newer players.

Is SJ out in the real world? Or is he stuck in the game. He was flickering when he was at laying at the train station just like zombie cha and JW couldnt even see him. If he's stuck in the game there is in no way he can develop a way to communicate with whoever that reaches level 90. Otherwise you are suggesting this was all predicted and created before SJ went missing, before Marco and CHS died and also before JW being involved in all of this.

• Like 3
59 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

As how and why is Zombie Cha keep appearing as he pleases, this is one of the big question that I hope the writer has proper explanation to this. 

No problem with the long post, it's interesting to see how many of us can go to find the answer of those questions. Make sense or not, we're all on fantasy-land. Everything could be make sense. LOL

sorry to cut your post.

The church scene, Ep 6, during Park Sun Ho's speech - he mentioned that the late CHS was a young engineer who had an insight into the future - this line triggered me to think....; what if, upon trying the game in Granada, his team New World company, built a pseudo player or Robot player for his (CHS) future absence. I know eh...:wacko:. The robot player (zombie) that only target JW (or was set for personal revenge). I'm saying it targeting JW just because I haven't seen zombie Cha chasing/attacking other people. Zombie Cha paid no attention on Sec Seo while playing at the school room (He did tho after CityHunter attacked him first), also, zombie Cha passed by CityHunter who was sitting outside JW office. Zombie Cha cannot be seen by programmer Choi, right? What level is zombie Cha? Is this zombie invincible on screen like JW?

• Like 5
15 hours ago, stroppyse said:

That's what I thought as well, however, the message from the master from Granada seems to indicate that the game realms can be in contact with each other and possibly even merge since JW was in the Seoul map when he got the message.

Not to mention the scoreboard being aware of Master and Marco as well as Zinu and City Hunter, especially since Master and Marco would never have played in the Seoul map, and City Hunter did not play the Grenada map.

Finally, Zombie Cha was created in the Granada map, but followed Zinu into the Seoul map.

Yes, that is what I assumed had been happening. That there are multiple instances of Emma in the games. I was just speculating that since the game maps seem to be able to be in contact with each, to what extent that contact affected each other.

Btw, because I do think that there is a mystical/magical element to this drama, I don't expect the writer to be clean about her treatment of the interactions of the worlds or the maps. So, unless we are given further information, I think it's fair to speculate on things that we know would not happen in an actual game world, and in ways that wouldn't make sense in real life. Also, I'm still waiting for the drama to give us more clues on the those marginal interactions.

That gave JW"s company the rights to the game, but I don't think they had access to the original game code since SJ disappeared, though didn't JW reclaim SJ's backpack? Perhaps it was in there, so they did have the original source?

At the beginning, when CEO was playing the game, it was ran from his server, with his programmer following his progress.  A copy of the game must have resided within his network, as monitored by his people.  Since he developed the visual eye glass, the game programmer must have used his specs to develop their source codes.   All that he needs is to superimpose the game's visual queue with the  real scenery (which for seoul would be seoul, Granada would be Granada).  Despite the program be running in machine language, as long as they know what language the program was in, it won't be too difficult to reverse engineer the entire program....

Dr Cha follows Zinu since he is part of the game's visual effect.  the outside scenery is still where ever the game player happens to be.  What this reader means is that the REALM is wherever the real scenery happens to be... Thus there is no merging of realm (other than the characters which if the whole system is ran on a time share between various locations, can share characters also since it is essentially the same program...  ditto to the score keeping of who is highest rank... if the various game sites are all tie together in 1 network).

22 hours ago, ash011 said:

Hello again :)

Why isn't people talking about ROMANCE much??

Seriously y'all are invested in game than romance? hahah

To be very frank i'm here to watch there romance :wub: Yes i like there game to, but but my heart is just for those two people.

This slow romance is like too much to handle. After listening to "IS YOU" album and lyrics, i'm so done. It clearly portrays HJ feelings. OMG

I think many are not into that part because of not clear explanation from HJ(Writer's fault). We are seeing the drama from JW perspective, so nobody till now knows how HJ feels. (Again writer fault!)

After being one year apart, they still care for each other - AWWW (It shows how much they must have meant to each other before separating)

We are slowly seeing JW feelings for her, still not strong!! But oh my for only one "I missed you" from him, made me go awwww..

He's super handsome and his expressions seeing HJ (How can someone look so HOT?). They both look so good. SO GOOD!!

Did anyone think that car scene was romantic where JW reverses his car to pick her up? That whole scene was nicely done. And hahah how can he offer drink to HJ.. I was laughing at that, i guess he likes when HJ is angry , so she can talk her heart out.

I guess by now we should have opened soompi thread for our OTP. Who is with me? hahah

NOTE : I will be greatly disappointed if there is no kiss scene next episode. Common seriously another 4 weeks this is gonna end :ph34r:, and till now no nothing? No skinship to? Whaaaaat ? :angry:

Romance?..... We'll let that poor overmedicated, often drunk,  limping man sets his house in order first (he was working on it with various phone calls to wife 2/manager and not losing his shirt and find a young programmer)...before he starts wooing future-wife #3.   Needless to stay, HJ would make a great #3... and her family won't object!

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

@Kasmic

Im playing simple time mgt games but can totally say that it can be addictive and triggers different kinds of emotion, and also like JW i also tried to look on game cheat just to level up still securing my resources:sweat_smile:

Happy to read different smart opinions/ analysis of the drama. Keep it coming guys. I read some pages ago that it seems that JW and the audience is at the same time in discovering what will happen to the story.

• Like 7
22 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Actually, if JW had been less scrupulous, then he could have gotten HJ to sell him the hostel for far less and still owned the game rights, but this is a tangential point.

At that time jin woo was unaware of the mess behind this game. he only considered this like any other game and wanted to possess it before CHS.

He thought after one or two days Sejoo will appear and since he already offered him the game and sent the email the business will proceed without any harm. His only thought was about being ahead in the competition. 

I wonder if SJ already figured out that the game is acting erratically before calling JW. If so, that was a rather bad move. Poor guy was unknowingly pulled into the mess and his whole life is under threat. 

I hope they won't unnecessarily inject romance into this. I actually really like JW's Melo eyes at HJ but inserting a kiss in the next couple of eps will be a rash move. Well, maybe they will get drunk or the game may demand Zinu to kiss Emma or some stuff like that. But that will feel like just fan service.  Even with all the flaws, this drama is quite good and I hope they won't go down there so soon. If romance was not initially a part of this drama and was later added to rope in actors that will explain the lack of subtlety in some moments. (somebody mentioned this before)

I actually really like this drama (though there are flaws) and will prefer this over KES style aka style over substance dramas.

Somebody was saying that since the writer is a female her perspective from male pt of view is not really working. I think JW is a well-written character though on paper he seems like a jerk. It is his perspective, complexity and Hyun bin's acting/charm that is carrying the show.

Edited by akiera
  • Like 4

@wenchanteur@stargazer187 Interesting conversation, you two are having, I wanted to add in my own two cents but since it's a bit out of topic I have added it in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

I always like to hear a male perspective of things thanks for sharing @wenchanteur 

I just wanted to add my own perspective concerning the male and female relationship dynamic concerning this statement @wenchanteur said Falling in love by the force of time and requests is for me a typically feminine behaviour.   and @stargazer187 you said In real life no woman would fall for a guy if he constantly shows rejection and ignores her. Trust me, it only happens in dramaland.

IMO and my experience there are actually many women who fall in love with guys who constantly show rejection and ignore them, usually these women have low self esteem they view this type of behavior from a man as a challenge and they try to continue to "pursue" the man in an effort to "win him over" This is because these women believe in earning a man's love instead of being loved unconditionally.

If the man finally gives in, they get their self worth from the fact that the man finally "gave in". There are also men who actually do play the game and use this weakness as a tactic they prey on the woman by pretending to ignore and reject women who are like that so that the woman falls even more and more deeply in love with him, but most of the time these type of men are narcissistic, abusive and toxic and use this pull and push method as a way to make the women feel like they need to compete and earn the love....In reality both these are unhealthy toxic behaviors that healthy men and healthy women do not posses but they do exist.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

My guess is HJ will get to know about game in the coming episode. Remember JW told her if she wants he can prove that SJ is alive. so my wild guess is she will enter game. If not at least she will know what's happening and maybe that's why she cries in the preview.

Also i have doubt on JW friend  Park Sun Ho, maybe he knows something? The way he was reacting to Sec when he was telling about CHS in cafe was fishy, as if he knows something. 

• Like 6
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억