[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

So I just finished watching today's episode, I said it before and I'll say it again Hyun Bin is just SO AMAZING!! ( what he was wearing in this episode makes him look extra hot so there's a bonus :p)

I pity JW so much he's obviously so exhausted and tired of this game, he wants it to end so badly he's even begging a god he never believed in, and I hope he achieved it, now that SJ is back, but we don't know how or where did JW disappear to after that, it was a whole day, JW was gone first thing in the morning and SJ only appeared in the night, I guess we're getting more flashbacks next episode * sigh*

Will HJ look for him again in the next episode ?? will she do something, I'm still so bummed that HJ didn't do much in the story except be an emotional support to those who love her JW included, the fact that she couldn't do anything but wait helplessly, in today's episode she tried she really did but it was a  failure (my blame is on the writer ) but her relationship with JW is so sweet, these two really have a very special bond, something that makes them both still hope in something better, JW to end the game and find SJ and HJ to stay strong for both for her and everyone she loves ( including JW) I hope we'll see them enjoy their relationship more in the next episode and get a few days of rest from all this holabaloo ( PETITION FOR PSH AND HB TO WORK ON ANOTHER DRAMA TOGETHER, DON'T WASTE ALL THAT CHEMISTRY ) 

Now for what I didn't like, what in the world is the deal YR made with Prof.Cha ??? To make her so nervous and so on edge feeling like she's loosing it all ?? What did that old **** promise her ?? And what kind of self respecting investigator would take the word of drunk woman who could barely walk to the police station and order a warrant especially when this  *witness* words don't add up with the official doctor's examination of the victim ?? very very illogical, and very frustrating cause I still don't see any importance to YR or give a damn about her or her evil deeds. 

Soo Jin on the other hand represents another type of frustration, like can you speak woman?? Her deciding to take her own life and LEAVING her one year old baby, even while knowing his grandfather doesn't care about him, why ??? I have to guess that she has some sort of responsibility, in how HS was probably right with his suspicions, that Soo Jin wanted to go back to JW, but still, committing suicide is too much.

Next week, I don't know how it'll play out, can we bring back past character ?? HS and Sec.Seo ??I personally want at least the Seo back,  but how ? their bodies are already cremated/buried , if the writer wants to delete all the effects of the game then she'll have to make the story reset, something ala Jumanji, but I don't know how she'll do it and how it'll make sense, because Jumanji was more like magic, whil this game ? not so sure. 

That's all I have to say, I like this drama very much and it saddens me it's over next week, I have so many things to say about it, but I'll wait till the finale to gather up all my thoughts as a whole. For now I'm praying for a happy ending with a happy OTP and happy dimples and lots of kisses and hugs, and of course more MJ and JW interactions, oh and don't forget a good lecture to behave SJ on making this terrible game.

• Like 6

9973BF385C3B1E7318

996C90335C3B1E7317

@daisychu_0227

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Estimated Production Costs for 2nd-half 2018 Dramas

tvN Mr. Sunshine: 43b
tvN Memories of the Alhambra: 20b  :heart:
tvN Encounter: 16b
JTBC Life: 10.6 billion won
JTBC My ID is Gangnam Beauty: 8b
OCN Voice 2: 8b
tvN 100 Days My Prince: 8b
JTBC The Beauty Inside: 8b
JTBC Sky Castle: 7.5b

cr: @OH_mes

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Yasaman Asghari said:

Not sure if There is anyone else here watching Running Man... they were using MOA edits and some concept on their episode today while playing games like “quest” and the pop up CG messages lol

Love the show, so hilarious!

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

57 minutes ago, yuhotarubi said:

Now for what I didn't like, what in the world is the deal YR made with Prof.Cha ??? To make her so nervous and so on edge feeling like she's loosing it all ?? What did that old **** promise her ?? And what kind of self respecting investigator would take the word of drunk woman who could barely walk to the police station and order a warrant especially when this  *witness* words don't add up with the official doctor's examination of the victim ?? very very illogical, and very frustrating cause I still don't see any importance to YR or give a damn about her or her evil deeds. 

Yura said on the phone conversation with Prof. Cha: "I'm giving my statement as I promised to you. I'm in a mood, so I told them what you wanted me to say and I spiced up a bit. I probably deserve more shares for the extra work I've done." The continued angrily " I don't know what you're scheming with Jin Woo, but my patience has limits. I walked away empty-handed, so I bet you thought I was a big joke." (I assume she was referring to divorce). And threatened Prof. Cha "I'll tell the police that you coerced me into committing perjury, and what you did to steal your daughter-in-law's assets."  (She definitely has some inside info regarding the plot). 

So, I guess the answer is money. 

There's a back plot very nicely embroidered in the main story: money, power and opportunists. 

Yu-ra is one of them. A frustrated opportunist who seemed to have played the wrong card again. "Did Jin Woo fooled us again or what". Her manager said referring to Prof. Cha: "he just used us to threaten him and ditched us. Do you understand? [..] I told you not to use your stupid head". I found interesting he's constantly referring to "us". Probably he's the brain using her celebrity status and good looks to get money from her marriage at first (I remembered she said somewhere in a discussion in the previous episodes "loveless marriage"); then getting involved in schemes and intrigues of Prof. Cha. But, she rebelled against the men authority (manager, prof. Cha, lawyer) and decided to sort it out her way. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

memories14.png

[Memories of Alhambra] Ep 14 spoilers, Hyun Bin x Park Shin Hye

Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2019

Article: Naver 'Memories of Alhambra' Han Bo Reum makes a false statement for Park Hoon's case "Hyun Bin killed him" 

1. [+1987,-4]
There were no signs of him being strangled.. But with just her statement.. he's not even a serial killer.. they are putting him on wanted list..? 

2. [+1093,-10]
This is so frustrating, seriously. 

3. [+1123,-47]
Wow.. the first 15 mins of today's episode is filled with flashbacks and the past scenes. It's been 30 mins now, and he's been running around in the city. ㅋㄱㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㄱㄲㄱㅋㄲ The production team has no conscience. 

4. [+1017,-38]
A drama that one doesn't need to watch, if not for Hyun Bin and Park Shin Hye. 

5. [+581,-17]
Han Bo Reum, her acting is too... She acts as if her beauty is deadly. I can feel that she's trying so hard, so much that I feel uncomfortable watching her. 

6. [+334,-3]
Next week's the final episode, looks like it's going to end with reaching level 100 and saving Se Joo. What is this? Trying to save Se Joo for 16 episodes?

7. [+312,-10]
This is a drama that makes one lose interest. It was really interesting in the beginning, but now, I'm watching it while looking at my phone. 

8. [+265,-7]
Memories of Alhambra Sweet Potatoes. [t/n: sweet potatoes = frustration]

9. [+264,-6]
Ah.. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Scriptwriter, please add some context. There were no signs of suffocation found in the autopsy, does it make sense that they are after Hyun Bin just because of Go Yoo Ra's statement? This is absurd. 

10. [+255,-7]
But they did mention that even if he isn't limping in the game, the CCTVs would show that he's limping... He was running today... So, is he running while limping in reality..? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ What's this? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ The special items too. They were made freely without any restrictions. If that's the case, they should've made something invincible.. ㅋㅋ Like the game, this drama has lots of errors. 

Spoiler

alhambra14.png

Article: Naver 'Memories of Alhambra' Hyun Bin gives Emma the golden key 'quest complete' … Chanyeol returns

1. [+7280,-203]
200 billion won for the production... They should give Hyun Bin a huge chunk of it.. If not for Hyun Bin, I wouldn't be watching this till now... I'm hanging on because I like seeing Hyun Bin. What's with the directing skills and the scriptwriter's writing skills? Seriously.. When the hawk appeared, I still had a little hope in me, but what is this.. This isn't a C-drama, why are they repeating scenes that were shown in the beginning..? If this is too much for them to handle, they could've just finish it within 12 episodes.. Viewers these days have high standards, they dislike draggy scenes... Look at SKY Castle, their production fees are only a third of this, but everyone is crazy over it. I'm going to watch next week's episodes because I feel that it's a waste since I've followed it till now.. Please don't disappoint.. The only good thing about this drama is Hyun Bin is renewing his peak again. 

2. [+4803,-138]
Seriously, whenever I watch this drama, I kept thinking if the scriptwriter sees viewers as idiots. I don't get annoyed or angry just once or twice. I think it's right that I'm an idiot. When Hyun Bin was swinging the fire at them, I smiled and when I was about to get angry, Hyun Bin's close-up on the side of his face in church left me amazed. And the corners of my lips went up when they threw in a kiss scene that has no context and is old.. Guess I'm an idiot for Hyun Bin.... 

3. [+4057,-76]
Someone should hit Se Joo on the back... You should sort out everything on your own now, Se Joo-ya... 

4. [+2699,-55]
From Secretary Seo to his ex-wife.. How is Yoo Jin Woo going to take it? This is my first time seeing such a pitiful male lead. Hyun Bin is so handsome and his acting is so good that I feel bad for him even more. 

5. [+2191,-84]
The development felt like I had eaten more than 1000000 sweet potatoes.

6. [+973,-13]
The quest has ended, but why am I not feeling the satisfaction or happy at all?~

7. [+800,-11]
No, ㅋㅋㅋㅋ but there were no signs of murder. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ He believed someone who is drunk, that he was strangled and put Hyun Bin on wanted?? The scriptwriter mentioned that he died from excessive bleeding... And you can only talk to Emma if you're above level 5, is Hee Joo an exception...? But still, it's the last episode next week, I'll watch it. Please let Yoo Jin Woo be happy. 

8. [+798,-31]
That Sang Beom who's like a family, why does he own a Lexus worth 1 billion won? Did he sell thousands of guitars already? I have nothing to say about the development since a few episodes ago. But even if it's an ad, they should match it with the character. 

cr. https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/01/memories-of-alhambra-ep-14-spoilers.html

I totally agree the police investigation does not make sense...maybe they just want him in for investigation purposes and the more JW runs the more suspicious they get. This writer like many has made the police look so stupid

Looks like kneitz isnt too happy with the writers work...I agree there is no rules in the game, it's becoming to draggy with the flashbacks over flashbacks making it so confusing. If this is her style of writing :crazy: Hyun Bin and Park Shin Hye is carrying the weight of this drama. *sigh* Let's hope it doesnt effect the ratings particularly for next week finale. 

"Congratulations MOA team on 10%"

• Like 13
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, lduc said:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Estimated Production Costs for 2nd-half 2018 Dramas

tvN Mr. Sunshine: 43b
tvN Memories of the Alhambra: 20b  :heart:
tvN Encounter: 16b
JTBC Life: 10.6 billion won
JTBC My ID is Gangnam Beauty: 8b
OCN Voice 2: 8b
tvN 100 Days My Prince: 8b
JTBC The Beauty Inside: 8b
JTBC Sky Castle: 7.5b

cr: @OH_mes

Wow. Thats a lot of moneyyy~

But i have to agree with some points by this knetz comment (source: melohwa)

1. [+7280,-203] 200 billion won for the production... They should give Hyun Bin a huge chunk of it.. If not for Hyun Bin, I wouldn't be watching this till now... I'm hanging on because I like seeing Hyun Bin. What's with the directing skills and the scriptwriter's writing skills? Seriously.. When the hawk appeared, I still had a little hope in me, but what is this.. This isn't a C-drama, why are they repeating scenes that were shown in the beginning..? If this is too much for them to handle, they could've just finish it within 12 episodes.. Viewers these days have high standards, they dislike draggy scenes... Look at SKY Castle, their production fees are only a third of this, but everyone is crazy over it. I'm going to watch next week's episodes because I feel that it's a waste since I've followed it till now.. Please don't disappoint.. The only good thing about this drama is Hyun Bin is renewing his peak again. 

---

i personally find quality speaks as evident from Sky Castle. Sky Castle is 1/3 of MotA's budget. But the writing is tight, the story is engaging. It pulls viewers in. It has no big names in the cast to rely on. The casts are veterans and young actors/actresses. It was not promoted heavily, nor was the promotion skewed (i'm looking at you emma!). SKY castle started with 1%ish ratings and now its 19% with for more episodes to go.

Unfortunately the comments about MotA is not as positive. K-viewers find it draggy and very reliant on HB. Luckily there's only 2 episodes to go. Let it end with about 8-10%ish ratings while they can. If its dragged too long, the ratings might plummet too.

• Like 6

I like how JW just goes in for the kiss this time around. No need to pause and catch his breath or for her to see if she will return the kiss:wub: 

Honestly, this is how I feel right now about the game: :blink::blink: I think I have to watch it thoroughly because so much is going on that it’s easy to lose track of what is happening. 

At at this point, if I was CEO, i would not even launch this game. The errors are really bad. The losses are more than the gains <_<

• Like 7

Yeah I agree with many points from knetz, especially the flashbacks amd the police. 

But hey the drama broke 10% finally !!! I hope it'll stay like this or gi up in the finale week. Congratulations to all actors and staff. 

31 minutes ago, aine7 said:

Yura said on the phone conversation with Prof. Cha: "I'm giving my statement as I promised to you. I'm in a mood, so I told them what you wanted me to say and I spiced up a bit. I probably deserve more shares for the extra work I've done." The continued angrily " I don't know what you're scheming with Jin Woo, but my patience has limits. I walked away empty-handed, so I bet you thought I was a big joke." (I assume she was referring to divorce). And threatened Prof. Cha "I'll tell the police that you coerced me into committing perjury, and what you did to steal your daughter-in-law's assets."  (She definitely has some inside info regarding the plot). 

So, I guess the answer is money. 

There's a back plot very nicely embroidered in the main story: money, power and opportunists. 

Yu-ra is one of them. A frustrated opportunist who seemed to have played the wrong card again. "Did Jin Woo fooled us again or what". Her manager said referring to Prof. Cha: "he just used us to threaten him and ditched us. Do you understand? [..] I told you not to use your stupid head". I found interesting he's constantly referring to "us". Probably he's the brain using her celebrity status and good looks to get money from her marriage at first (I remembered she said somewhere in a discussion in the previous episodes "loveless marriage"); then getting involved in schemes and intrigues of Prof. Cha. But, she rebelled against the men authority (manager, prof. Cha, lawyer) and decided to sort it out her way. 

But isn't she like a famous actress ? Did she loose all her money in some stupid investement ?? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

I'd also agree with some of those comments above as this show has lost my interest completely recently and if we weren't so close to the end and me liking Hyun Bin as an actor I wouldn't be continuing. 

This show has reminded me that I really hate shows where the plot takes up so much time with character development taking a backseat. On top of that the writing for the plot (the game) isn't very strong. His ex-wife tries to commit suicide and other than feeling bad for her kid I felt nothing as her along with nearly every character in this show is lacking any decent development for me to care about these outcomes.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, yuhotarubi said:

But isn't she like a famous actress ? Did she loose all her money in some stupid investement ?? 

Temporarily famous probably. To have shares in a successful company is a different story. 

However, I'm waiting for the finale. Maybe all the clues will end up in a coherent way, and finally the whole story will be revealed. So far we have bits and pieces and Jin woo's assumption, 3 deaths and a no rules in game, few inconsistencies and schemings, a suicide attempt. All of these need closure, hopefully. 

• Like 7

ok lemme take a breath, fiuhhhh ep 14 

first thing first CONGRATULATION FOLKS WE GET ANOTHER KISS SCENE WOOOO :wub:

now serious mode on

1. Go Yu Ra and Cha Byeong Jun are the real enemies. how I wish to get rid of them through game. in the next ep, I think we will get the detail about what kind of agreement that they made. what's the prize for Yura, what's the consequence for Cha, what's the deal they made which even Cha ady experienced the game once, he still can't do anything about it. Yura is only a real idiot here, bcz Cha is the real bastard. also, I watch many criminal and police dramas before. how the hell someone can give any statement without a single proof like Yura did and make the police chase Jin Woo without a warrant. and for the police sake, she spewed that richard simmons while she drunk. is it the detective drunk too? can I bring my Life on Mars squad to investigate this case? so far this is the most unbelievable one.

2. Su Jin omg sis why you did adfsfgstvsg. it's the most thing that Cha want you to do! or is it really him who invest an idea to your head?! on this ep I pity Su Jin for the first time. she doesn't have anyone beside her. but she still have a baby (gosh her baby make my feels worse). I hope she is safe, and eventually will help Jin Woo against Cha and Yura later.

3. CEO Park. in the preview for the next ep, we see Park said "someone must be responsible about this. he and Cha must be responsible". ugh Park. Park. pls do something. Jin Woo ady told you more than once, if you understand what he means, he leans on you. with all the power of CEO can you do something? at least to Yura. I want Park to take a bold action for Jin Woo. pls help your brother. you literally know everything from both side. you have not a single proof? Yura and Cha are the same tho. what are you waiting for???

4. Jin Woo and Hee Joo relationship. ugh all those sweet gestures from Jin Woo makes me into a puddle of goo. my heart beats so fast. he's so gentle, he loves Hee Joo vm. and vice versa. I love how he scolds Hee Joo, I love it when he makes Hee Joo sit on the chair in that fitting room, I love how he holds Hee Joo's hand, I love how he lies, I love it when he still smiles while looking at Hee Joo in the taxi, I love him vm more than Hee Joo tbqh yeoreobun /cries/

I never expected a kiss, but Jin Woo probably have some probabilities in his head atm so he decided to do that. again I love how he holds Hee Joo's face and I love how he looks at Hee Joo after that /deep sigh/.

Hee Joo on the other hand makes me :"""((( loving a man can be so tough even it is your first try in life. Hee Joo did everything she can do, look at how she login and logout repeatedly to seek Jin Woo pain my heart. watch her crying pain my heart more. I want to give her a bear hug.

5. baby Se Joo. Se the freaking Joo. Se Joo. baby. omg. boy. you back, you back. you live in flesh for real /sobs/ your brother in law did it baby. omg. Se Joo. where are you all this time?! lemme hug you first. ok. now, you don't know what happened two? me three baby. honestly. but can you help your brother in law? pls.

after all my conclusion is Jin Woo deserves to be save. ok. pls. anyone? or should I? 

• Like 14

OK... to those who complained about how cry baby Hee Joo is.... that she is like a water source for tears... that they don’t wanna see her crying face again... she is crying nonstop blablabla.. those Knetz and some other kdrama fans are so never been in love... they have no idea how LOVE is.. those whose always complaining about Hee Joo crying...  

if the man who helped you so much.. bought your shittty hostel for 10 million USD.. helping you find your brother that has been missing for a year.. other than him also an uber loaded richy rich CEO and being so drop dead gorgeous sexy hot blablabla... this is the man that made her world changed.. her heart is Jin Woo..  and the fact that he has not call her or even logged in.. for more than 48 hours... every second is a deep unbearable torcher...  when my late fiancee passed away on the line of duty as an army in 1997.. I runaway to USA for 3 years study..  getting another bachelor degree that I already had in 1996.. because the pain was so very very unbearable I wanted to end my life...  luckily I have God and family and friends...  anyway that is just an example... those whose understand what I mean... won’t bash Hee Joo’s crying anymore..

we are getting nearer to the end... and yeah I know how trolling a preview can be so I’ll take it with a grain of salt...... this drama will remain one of my favorite for a long time.

see U next Saturday chagiya dheul.... exciting for the FINAL!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, anony12345 said:

I'd also agree with some of those comments above as this show has lost my interest completely recently and if we weren't so close to the end and me liking Hyun Bin as an actor I wouldn't be continuing. 

This show has reminded me that I really hate shows where the plot takes up so much time with character development taking a backseat. On top of that the writing for the plot (the game) isn't very strong. His ex-wife tries to commit suicide and other than feeling bad for her kid I felt nothing as her along with nearly every character in this show is lacking any decent development for me to care about these outcomes.

so what do you expect from a frictional korean drama? a reality? that is the FIRST thing you should, must and need to put aside... there is no such thing in a movie or drama... it is all from the brain of the writer’s mind universe...  

I would also want to make my own drama.. too bad I am just a peasant nobody who just lucky to get to watch dramas for free... gratis... and I’m grateful for all the writer, director, actors, singers etc etc hard work to entertain us... my sister tried Korean drama and she didn’t like it.. so she only watches Telenovela now... and Indonesian sinetron which is so so so terrible.. lol.... anyway after 22 years of watching Kdrama and visiting Korea many times... I guess I’m too familiar with it..

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SeGafanlady said:

so what do you expect from a frictional korean drama? a reality? that is the FIRST thing you should, must and need to put aside... there is no such thing in a movie or drama... it is all from the brain of the writer’s mind universe...  

I would also want to make my own drama.. too bad I am just a peasant nobody who just lucky to get to watch dramas for free... gratis... and I’m grateful for all the writer, director, actors, singers etc etc hard work to entertain us... my sister tried Korean drama and she didn’t like it.. so she only watches Telenovela now... and Indonesian sinetron which is so so so terrible.. lol.... anyway after 22 years of watching Kdrama and visiting Korea many times... I guess I’m too familiar with it..

Very odd reply - not really sure what you're trying to say?

I've seen plenty of korean tv shows with good character development - in this show they've barely tried on that end as the plot of the game takes up so much time.

• Like 3

I've never watch any of SJJ previous drama, but I knew about W storyline based on the reviews. She just know how to made viewers boiling with blood pressure lol. The continuous unexpected thing, when will it ended tbh? I felt exhausted just by look at Jinwoo only. That man deserve a break. That police question really didn't make sense at all. Like..dude? Viewers aren't stupid.

I just hope, Jinwoo narration about "now, only one story remain" is his story with heejoo.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1