[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

11 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Possible. Maybe emma is a NPC turned rogue. And the final thing to be done by JW is to kill Emma who has the same face as HJ. So thats the main conclict. Besides, JW does seem smitten with Emma as much as he is smitten with HJ. Imagine the angst and denial JW will face while killing emma. Muahaha

We're turning makjang, aren't we? LOL.... But thinking about it, JW must not have other distraction, so maybe Emma does need to go :P so it's only HJ in his life... 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

Hi. I like you all, but you're killing me. There are more than 30 pages since my last visit! How am I gonna have time to go through all this?! And besides, I've already seen messages I'd like to answer!

As usual, everything is too provided in MOA to be able to give an opinion on everything, so here are some of the points that were made to me in episodes 13/14...

Flashbacks.
I just realized several things about flashbacks.
- It is rarely flashbacks that repeat a scene already broadcast, like most dramas. Only flashbacks are used to build the story 100%.
- No effect has been set up by the director to indicate flashbacks. It goes directly from one scene to the next, as if it were normal. And yet, this is understandable! It's quite incredible, especially since I find that the director has difficulty making certain transitions.
- I just checked on the "W" script, SJJ does not give any indication on how the flashbacks are filmed. She puts a narrative indication to help (for example: Yoon-Jo turns his head while being thoughtful... and hop, next scene, flashback).
- I'm also a fan of director Jung Dae-Yoon ("W", "King2Heart", "I'm not a robot") and would take too long to explain why I consider him the best drama director at the moment (despite one or two flaws). But in "W", it is he, as an artist, who managed the flashbacks in a remarkable way, with rotation effects, flashes, making the story more understandable.
- For MOA, which has a darker and more realistic atmosphere, a raw and brutal transition is just as interesting, however.
- Flashback construction has become a feature of the scriptwriter. I have the impression that she is using more today than in her first dramas. This gives a labyrinthine side to the story, quite appropriate for a video game.

Yu-Ra the B...h.
I love slutty characters, especially when they are pretty and sexy like Yu-Ra, another alcohol lover (it makes me think of Yoon So-Hee and his booze glasses). A small viper snarling, hateful, debauched, whose potential for nuisance is much higher than at the beginning of the drama, where she is simply a capricious contempt. Yu-Ra is a very good vintage in terms of Bi..., even if I don't think she will reach the level of the best drama ...ch to my knowledge, that of the drama "Rooftop Prince".

The main pursuit.
MOA is one of the few dramas that dares to present real action scenes (I remember IRIS doing it, but it was very expensive). They are well turned, thanks to the subjective effect of the game that occurs from time to time. It could have been done even better, with more punch, but for a Korean drama it's already far above the mark.
The action scene in episode 14 is not just a simple episode like in a Hollywood movie. It's a scene that contains a lot of elements of the story.
- A powerful style effect, the chase in the game takes place at the same time as the chase with the police in the real world. The character doesn't have time to breathe on both sides.
- Information on which leg is limping or not.
- Indications on how the weapons work, with a reloading time (I didn't find this very clear, is it for a normal reload? Or to make ammunition magazines appear?).
- Other things certainly, but my translation is too bad, and I have trouble following everything correctly because of that.

I regret that the drama lasts only 16 episodes, I have the impression that the story will be limited to a perimeter that I feel limited. But since the drama is not over, I avoid thinking about it. It is also the first drama I see "live", and perhaps a side effect to this way of doing things. I usually binge watch them all.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ktcjdrama said:

We're turning makjang, aren't we? LOL.... But thinking about it, JW must not have other distraction, so maybe Emma does need to go :P so it's only HJ in his life... 

What have the last empress turned me into!? Haha

while we are at it, lets go fullblown makjang and leave only one version of Emma/HJ in JW's life. For both HJ and JW's sake. Imagine if there are still 2 versions, and HJ and JW are having a small disagreement like a lot of couples do in real life, JW can escape into game world and see Emma to heal his sorrows. We wouldnt want that to happen right? Hahaha

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

On 1/4/2019 at 2:36 AM, wenchanteur said:

W season 2 Teaser below.

Reveal hidden contents

I did it for fun. As I haven't finished all the episodes, I don't open a topic in the fanfix forum, it will just be posted here by the way. Maybe if I start talking about the project, I'll meet people interested in doing photo montages, who knows?
It's an excerpt from a scene in the drama. Although it is a spoiler, it is too good a teaser to avoid using it.

00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

Sorry about the late reply. I just saw this post. The plot sounds AMAZING! Do let me know when you plan to start publishing it. Also, if you can draw, you could think about posting it on LINE Discover?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I don't think deleting Emma will solve everything. Emma is a key character in the game. Even programmer friend did not want to delete her. JW asked for her to be deleted because it most likely reminded her of HJ. (good thing they didn't delete her). But it was stated that the codes from the Granada version could not be completely transitioned/altered by the Seoul version. Hence, Emma is the original character of the game. Thus, deleting her will not entirely solve the mysteries of this game. It may just blur the line between reality/virtual even more. 

However, since she is the peace maker in the game, I think she may be the one who manipulated the game in the first place (such as the blur when Marco and SJ fought in the cafe). Since SJ is the developer of the game, he may be the only one who can fix the game error, i hope :sweatingbullets:

@deluluishealthy haha, my heart skipped many beats. I was like, 'wow, they are kissing naturally now. No need for hesitation or confirmation anymore. Yay!.' :wub::lol:

The IT guy didn't delete her because he had a crush on her, no other reason. Think about it, according to JinWoo, the blurring between the virtual and AR worlds happened because there was real violence in front of Emma. She couldn't delete the real weapons, so she made the hurts became reality instead. That is the real threat of this game, the biggest flaw. Added to that, she also possibly "kidnapped" SeJu from the real world to keep him safe. Seems like she is doing to the same to JinWoo in the next episode to "save" him from the police. Of course she is the peace maker but her method of enforcing is a bit twisted. My original point was to deal with the flaw of the game and save the company. Seems like Emma is the flaw and in order for the game to be launched, they will have to delete her.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Honestly, this is how I feel right now about the game: :blink::blink: I think I have to watch it thoroughly because so much is going on that it’s easy to lose track of what is happening. 

At at this point, if I was CEO, i would not even launch this game. The errors are really bad. The losses are more than the gains <_<

Watching it live last night was confusing enough to really make me want to throw books at my screen. Now with subs Im feeling just as frustrated.. 

1. JW finally meets Emma give her the key...then nothing. We dont see the rest

2. Police races into the church, opens the door, then nothing. NADA!

3. HJ goes into the church, sees Emma ...again NADA! 

4. Server shutdown...why?? 

5. Somewhere in between this crazy timeline the exwives wished one died over the other and richard simmons wish granted....maybe...again nothing more to report.

Why would SoJin go down like this? She has a child. Suicide will not resolve anything. My head is spinning...is this all what Prof Cha wanted as well?

6. Police chase ....dont get me started there.  Luckily a warrant has yet to be granted as I'd seriously will doubt the legal judaical system 

7. and they are so lucky that the ending clarified that HJ saw was indeed SeJu because if they didnt I'd really ...

12m0.gif PLUS the EXO fans will cause a riot!

All these points done to explain in the next eps to come. Plus knowing the writer she will throw in more questions..:crazy:

I hope my frustrations doesnt turn to disappointment. Im holding onto this drama just by a very, very thin thread....

df13808991fe31b7b43b9aa2a5e742c4.png

and Prof Cha better not try to kill JW to take the blame of all that crap that he plotted... just to save the company and his own a$$et$. <_< wait I think that's what he'll do. :sweatingbullets:

@vangsweetie637 @ktcjdrama Im def feeling the pain of many viewers. Ive seen the writer's previous work QIHM and I did enjoy it. I never understood how the time travel was possible so I just accepted that it was the fantasy element of the drama. Though I dont recall the writer using these flashback and pauses/ cliffhangers so much as in MOA. I think I seriously might need to reconsider watching any of her future works now. Im too invested in this drama and truthfully the OTP to let it go altogether. With 2 more eps remaining I hope I can say - "All's well and ends well" with no questions marks at all. :sweatingbullets:

By the way did we get the answer for poll 2? I dont think so right because there's still some NPCs around. Emma is the key but it didnt resolve the game and its issues...

orig

• Like 5
  • LOL 9

I just finished watching the episode ...... my Sejoooooooo is back finally :bawling::bawling:

I can't wait till next week to watch the final episodes ;( anyways ..... from the trailer, they didn't find a solution to the game?! what if they get rid of Emma? maybe it will be okay? cuz she's the one who made the game like this? and wth did Soojin do? why did she apologize? why did she commit suicide? and did she cheat on her husband before? I know she cheated on Jinwoo with CHS, but why commit suicide now for it??? and what if she's the one who killed her husband? maybe she put something in his drink before he went out to meet Jinwoo? :/

• Like 10

Like u @Kasmic just finished the subbed  epi 14 too just now... and ended up more questions than answers.

dunno...! I guess i am holding my piece till our final week. I even started rewatching from the beginning to get me settled (seated with popcorn) into the front seats on this final two episodes..!  

Btw, i am already at the scene again where HJ is thinking in the toilet trying to call everybody about the upcoming sale of Hostal Bonita..i love the convo of the sisters when Minju says “what are you still thinking you idiot..! It’s 10B won..!” I just love her little sister..! That’s why JW likes her..!!!

my earnest request is the last two episodes...more screen time for the both leads together pls..   

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

@Kasmic lol I was stuck between giving your post a ‘like’ or ‘haha’. So I went with what made me do more when I was reading it and looking at your gifs. I definitely understand your points. And I will be back later behind a computer to provide feedbacks ;) it’s hard to write a long input on the phone :sweatingbullets:

• Like 5

I need some assurance, Im holding onto this drama by a VERY thin thread

tumblr_pla64rdoHh1vqfmslo3_r1_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_pla64rdoHh1vqfmslo5_r1_400.giftumblr_pla64rdoHh1vqfmslo6_r1_400.giftumblr_pla64rdoHh1vqfmslo8_r1_400.giftumblr_pla64rdoHh1vqfmslo7_r1_400.gif

Love his smile assurance throughout this scene....not a drop of smile even when she disappeared. 

tumblr_pla64rdoHh1vqfmslo9_r1_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_pla64rdoHh1vqfmslo10_r1_400.gif

tumblr_pla57wrBT81x6ms67o1_540.gif

This is me... how can this drama end well?

Spoiler

tumblr_pla57wrBT81x6ms67o2_540.gif

tumblr_pla57wrBT81x6ms67o3_540.gif

answer... I hope?

tumblr_pla57wrBT81x6ms67o4_540.gif

cr. captainjoonki and silversunkiss in tumblr

• Like 12
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, KymberleeD said:

Like u @Kasmic just finished the subbed  epi 14 too just now... and ended up more questions than answers.

dunno...! I guess i am holding my piece till our final week. I even started rewatching from the beginning to get me settled (seated with popcorn) into the front seats on this final two episodes..!  

Btw, i am already at the scene again where HJ is thinking in the toilet trying to call everybody about the upcoming sale of Hostal Bonita..i love the convo of the sisters when Minju says “what are you still thinking you idiot..! It’s 10B won..!” I just love her little sister..! That’s why JW likes her..!!!

my earnest reques ib the last two episodes...more screen time for the both leads together pls..   

That toilet scene is etched in my mind as one of the most absurd scenes in kdrama history. I just cant. How on earth did that door get broken by its hinges. All of its hinges. And no one walked in while she was shouting, and its a busy restaurant. This scene is like a scene from TLE, all that shouting but no one hears anything.

Hahaha

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Hello, I'm new here but have watched this drama until ep 12. Definitely going to watch next eps at night. May I ask about background music in ep 12, when Heejoo changed her clothes until she met Jin woo on a date? It's a beautiful BGM but I don't know its title and when will it be released. Thank you :blush:

• Like 4

On MJ last day of filming, she received a bouquet of flowers from the MOA crew

I really love thsi actress, she was so fiesty, sassy and totally different in Go Back Couple than in MoA. I hope she somehow redeems her greed and anger

Still cuts

Dw1-m-0VAAAPDH8.jpg

Spoiler

Dw1-oDwUcAE-bhc.jpg

Dw1-nkVUwAAVi-T.jpg

Dw1-Yq-UwAAr1ib.jpg

• Like 12

9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

As for his kissing style and physical restraint, that is just pure kdrama. Though, I don't remember seeing that many kissing scenes of HB actually. Perhaps HB himself is rather shy?

I think it’s because they are in the early stages of their relationship and Jinwoo’s still being considerate. I know they are both mature already but somehow, the gradual development of their relationship makes sense. They simply don’t have enough time to be deeply immersed into a passionate liplock when the time’s ticking? Also... Hyun Bin? Shy? Kissing? Hahahaha. You should watch his compilations on YouTube. His “Late Autumn” kiss scene deserves an award itself. :P

https://youtu.be/cnouihYoDG4

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, scarletashin said:

Hello, I'm new here but have watched this drama until ep 12. Definitely going to watch next eps at night. May I ask about background music in ep 12, when Heejoo changed her clothes until she met Jin woo on a date? It's a beautiful BGM but I don't know its title and when will it be released. Thank you :blush:

Welcome to Soompi! Wow you are indeed a newbie lol! Your first post too. :D

This BGM will be released together with the full OST album so it might take longer. (Generally within a month after the drama ends - though this being pre-produce maybe earlier) All the instrumental music of any kdrama tends to released with the full album and only the OSTs are earlier. 

9 minutes ago, deluluishealthy said:

@Kasmic my eyes watering omg no why you T^T I realized that I love Jin Woo and Hee Joo vm I want to keep them safe protect them in my bubble bring them to lalala land of happiness. my life in kdrama world will be so lonely after this drama end :"(

IKR everytime I see them together I'd just...I dont know what to say anymore.  I cant even think about how I'll feel come next week. I think I'll binge watch this whole drama like @KymberleeD is doing.

tumblr_inline_pl97zgeJKh1qkiwdg_540.gif:joy:

• Like 6
  • LOL 8

I'd like to thank you 10 times for your intervention, but we can only click once. ;)

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

:sweatingbullets: It is a hard life being a writer... So many people are criticizing the use of flashback and think that it's dragging the story.

As we have not seen the story told otherwise, it is difficult to know if it weakens or reinforces it. Rather, I bet on the second option, which maintains permanent pressure, creates points of mystery and surprise, which are then resolved. A kind of strobe timeline.

I can only hope that writer-nim doesn't succumb under those pressures and change her story-telling style because that's what I think is her uniqueness.

SJJ talked about this in an interview. As time goes by, she can take more liberties. We see that QIHM is more classic and relies heavily on sentimental history. I don't feel like she's depriving herself of telling what she wants to tell as she wants.

She hasn't even finished telling the story and many are already judging that it's a failure.

It is sad at all levels. It's like giving a very good Bordeaux wine to someone who doesn't know how to appreciate it. You may also not like wine and prefer pastries.

Personally, I decide the shows that I want to watch based on the writer and director. Very rarely because of the cast, but there are times that I would check out the story because my favorite actors/actresses are cast in it. If the story doesn't engage me, I would ditch the show no matter how much a fan I am of the cast. Eg. Wok of Love. I love love love all the three leads so so so much, but the story and style couldn't engage me, I left at ep.4, I think.

I often choose dramas according to the actors I love, but very often I also abandon them when I see that the story is poor, or that the actors do not give much in the context imposed on them. The only disappointing drama I watched in full was "Radio Romance", seeing Kim So-Hyun does me too much good!

The people who are not satisfied with MoA must have entered it with an expectation of the regular K-drama story-telling style and formula (usually heavy on the romance department) especially with HB and PSH cast as the leads.

Most people of this kind had difficulty appreciating "W", which no longer corresponded to this canvas. This has been one of the most misunderstood dramas, also by incompetent critics on their blogs (which is less excusable). At this level of genius, few people are able to recognize it. Some works take decades to be recognized as impregnable masterpieces.

When the promotions started for this drama, I was just casual about it because I don't know what to expect with the very vague teasers. Looked kinda boring, I even thought. My eyes lit up only when I found out who the writer is, and I told myself "must watch!".

Ah ah ah! What a nice and pleasant surprise! For my part, I had been watching like a wildcat for months for the next SJJ drama, and I was catching up, since I hadn't seen Nine Time Travel. I have two other dramas of her that I still have to see, more classic, the 3 musketeers, and Coffee House.

I didn't even know it's going to be about AR/VR gaming stuff, until the part where JW started fighting the warrior in ep.1. But I'm ready for whatever the writer is preparing to serve to me. The explosion of the palace startled me as well as the knight on the horse... When the game screen prompts came out, I went "whoa, awesome!" and had been immersed in the show ever since.

That's a lot of fun. I had a vague idea that it was about augmented reality, but when these scenes appear, it's still huge.

Let's trust this writer to wrap up the story of MoA before making any judgment, harsh or mild... If you still don't like it, then her writing style is probably just not your cup of tea and you should just avoid it in the future, no matter who is cast ;)

Yes, it is good for people to have a subjective opinion, and it is understandable that they may not like it. Criticism is often too quick and easy. This is understandable because there is a lot of bad content, in mainstream cinema for example. But you have to have the instinct to perceive that something different is happening. And when it is like that, it is better to enjoy the show until the end, to stay alert and attentive to details, rather than criticize.

• Like 9

47 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Love his smile assurance throughout this scene....not a drop of smile even when she disappeared. 

That is what I love best about JW... Maybe one year of being haunted by zombie Cha and pursued by endless NPCs kinda subdued him, but he remains gentle and soft whenever he is with her, especially after becoming official. I couldn't recall him raising his voice at her except that one time at the hostel regarding the alarm. Despite the dire circumstances he's having to deal with, not knowing whether he can survive or die at the next turn of the road, he still gave her assurance and calmed her. He always smiles to her and jokes with her to ease her anxiety :wub:

That sudden kiss in the fitting room, was an assurance for him as much as for her... I really love the way he talks to her, calm and not rushing, explaining enough yet divulging not too much to make her worry further... JW is just :heart:

14 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

For my part, I had been watching like a wildcat for months for the next SJJ drama, and I was catching up, since I hadn't seen Nine Time Travel.

Please let me know what you think of Nine after you finished it! :)

• Like 7