[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

Thank you for the written updates! I haven't seen the episode yet, but based on what I read, seems like

• SooJin might have been responsible for CHS's death.
  • SeJu was kept in a "safe-place" by Emma till it was safe for him to return.
  • She transported JinWoo to that place to save him from the police who she might see as a threat.

If these assumptions are right, either the charges against JinWoo need to be dropped i.e. SooJin, YuRa and Pro Cha need to get their richard simmons sorted or another player, possibly SeJu, should level up to 100 and go save him or both :D

• Like 7

giphy.gif

Except for the fact that today's was one of the most emotional episodes. I was nail-biting at first and by the time it ended, I felt bad for all of them; HeeJu, SJ, Jin Woo,Park, Seo and even SuJin. It takes a lot of emotional burden to kill oneself. 

• The drama started with 'Finding SeJu' and it is closing with, 'Finding Jin Woo'. Thank god the preview was promising otherwise I thought Emma had swapped SeJu with JinWoo and there will be season 2 of MOA with JW missing.
  • We have yet to see whether the game is fixed or not because the quest was only to find SeJu, not about fixing the game. 
  • I think Emma or SeJu had told him something about the deaths of all three people  and that's why JW went straight to Daddy Cha, to confront him. If he is out of Seoul then he can't be tracked.
  • Therefore, Daddy Cha+Park+Marco= make JW life hell theory is still open...lol. Why are you doing to us, writer-nim??
  • Anyways, PSH is really good in emotional scenes. I could feel her pain and desperation to find Jin Woo. She had no choice but keep on re-logging and she did that. That's how a woman would act if her lover is nowhere to be found. People had criticized her for not showing interest in finding SJ. Well, I hope they got their answers now.
  • TBH, I found the kiss to be fan service. But nevertheless, I absolutely loved how JW held her face and neck and also that it was a closed space. I love closed space kisses. There is nowhere to run. Ha!
  • So, JW gave the key to Emma in morning and by the time SJ returned back to HJ's house, it was night time. So he really was in Granada. JW didn't go to Granada otherwise the news would have mentioned it..then he was confronting Daddy Cha this whole time??
  • Two episodes away and writer still hasn't revealed all her cards. I hope that maybe there is at least one episode which will be focused on hubby-wifey..is it too much to ask for?? :wub:
  • Like 7

So What's it gonna be next episode ??? SJ looks like he's an emotional mess, JW is nowhere to be found, HJ doesn't know what to do, and we don't know how to fix the game, or to get rid of YR. Ah it's gonna be the final week, I'm so excited to se how this will end.

• Like 8

okay now i’m getting annoyed with the game, how come it cannot be fixed? Just burn the server down then. :ph34r: 

Anyway did JW went to the game world after giving the key to emma? They didn’t show us JW vanishing :mellow:

I ‘m little bit confuse why HJ at level 1 already have enemy with gun. she got shot many times but after that she was logged out automatically. So she was in the normal game mode, not in the crazy game mode like JW. She supposed to deal enemy with sword like the other testers not gun.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Jinwoo and heejoo are playing with my emotions. I just felt their desperation for each other through that kiss. Jinwoo eyes trembles. Like..he catch a glimpse of heejoo as long as he can. The warmth of heejoo. That cab scene  specially.. really got me drawn in my tears. :cry: Ottoke SJJ unnie? They deserve a happy ending. Please...

• Like 12
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, 12blbl said:

okay now i’m getting annoyed with the game, how come it cannot be fixed? Just burn the server down then. :ph34r: 

Yes even I'm getting annoyed. How long will they keep playing that stupid game. 

Just burn the damn server once JW is found. Let Jone go bankrupt. Life is more important than money and status.

Let JW take HJ somewhere far, with no money it's okay just love is fine. Get married you two and have children. Do some small job and be happy. Goshhhh 

If I was in HJ place, I wouldn't have let JW to play such a dangerous game risking his own life, when there was no proof that SJ will be back. I think this is what everyone will do. But IDK She loves them equally... Very tough situation. What if she lost both of them? I can't even imagine how she will live after that 

• Like 7

Alright. Now I am expecting a bed scene :blush: 

it will go even more perfect with some more kisses :phew:

the game world is driving me insane. The ex wives are making it worse. I don’t understand what’s happening :crazy: SJ is safe. But now JW is missing. Aye. My head hurts. This is more stressful than trying to solve an equation

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

Well. Hmm... I haven't watched both episodes and won't have time all day. That's why I need spoilers.

You know I am not really invested in the romance. Therefore have no angst regarding it. I mean I expect a happy ending so there isn't any stress on that front.

What is currently irritating me or rather bothering me is the game. Has anyone read any Korean viewers opinions re the plot? I presume since there are so many PC Bangs that many people play computer games. I know you're all Kdrama viewers. But surely some of you play computer games right?

100 levels just to kill thousands of people/ NPCs is rather mindless. Like boringly mindless. To want to play and be addicted to.

Also, since viewers are distracted by the fact that JW is played by HB; he can't just switch off and walk away. I know HB is good looking and all but technically JW is clever/ has aPhD and an entrepreneur/ IT genius. Why would he need to work some small job? His intellect or personality/ drive/ ethics won't allow him to abandon the game/business/ employees. 

Besides if anything breaks the OTP apart I was expecting him to need to detox. For the time jump. Or get liver failure. Or pancreatitis man from all that alcohol abuse. After all I was counting that the guy was drinking about 50 standard drinks minimum daily. If what is shown is right. Real life people don't walk away from this sort of abuse without consequences. Or go cold turkey like he did. Or be able to drive her ( the drive before the kiss ) and have his alcohol level drop and not be DUI. 

And huh, SJ the paediatrician with a one year old son committed suicide?

So yeah at this point, the writer's logic is bothering me more than the OTP's end game. The plot logic is currently escaping me. To call this a good drama. It's not the acting. HB is killing it in his role. Just hard to believe this middle aged millionaire with 2 ex- wives ( therefore having had sex duh), an aggressive businessman ( you don't get to be a successful entrepreneur by being passive ), a successful student is this pure, innocent ( emotions I mean. He is rather decent/ somewhat considerate as a boyfriend ), restraint physically when it comes to his dating style ( his kissing style. He kisses like he is dating for the 1st time ). Hello, with his looks he would have been like a campus idol.

So yeah, the plot is bothering me. The game rules here vs what normal role playing computer games. And what actual players say about the writer's research.

100 levels of killing. Man. Like seriously? That be a LOT of kills per level. For it to be popular. I am a sci - fic book reader as well. So it's not as it alternate universes etc is new to be. Besides I read warfare, strategy books anyway. Both historical ones plus sci- fiction ones.  And yeah I like computer games and normally I used to love shooting ones.

I am not always a Kdrama viewer.

So 2 programmers wrote a game. And something triggered off a tear in reality and opened different a reality plane. Which sucked one or them through.  But in order to say that the game is dangerous/ flawed it has to have players reach the same level and duplicate the same circumstances. JW wasn't in a high level when it happened to him.

So therefore any of those test players should have had allies and duplicated the danger JW was in. Where he killed Cha the younger. But no one else did. What makes JW different? What made it ONLY happen to SJ and JW? 

There is only ONE alternate plane of existance. And it contains SJ and now JW. Otherwise one would presume there would be multiple ones since the other test players would have killed someone by now. Or if it is still the same reality all the dead friends would be NPCs in the same spot. But the writer is saying they are now automatons. I mean SH died as an ally therefore his game persona would still be an ally even though the game rules made him a zombie? But he CAN'T change into a zombie since Cha didn't become one when he died. The Secretary didn't die at the stage of the game where he was killed by zombies. Cha resurrected at the same state he died in.

You can't have rules for one player. Then have a different rule for a 2nd player when it follows the game logic. Unless the deaths rules change depending on which levels you die at.

At this point in my sci- fic book either the computer mainframe's programme has evolved into a sentient being. Or rather who the heck or where in which episode did it show JW or Cha being mailed/ emailed/ given the software.

Because writing rules sorta says a good sci- fic plot has logic. Otherwise it becomes deranged writing. And even science fantasy- which I also read- which has less logic based plots also has some sort of flow.

So someone please explain to me where the writer's game rules are so far. To follow the flow. And not because JW is still playing- the server has to be up? Thought it didn't need the contact lense rule - what did he do that made him only one of 2 players who encountered the same circumstances?

And the stupid chief programmer just spent countless hours watching the screen and Emma? How about going back to the programme and reading the codes? Or maybe the writer didn't read enough about what hackers can do? Or it is a different book or drama plot then. Who has the software loaded onto the main servers. And all those IT people and not ONE person is assigned to check the programme and break down the parts?

But that would be too logical right? I think I am going to go read a space warfare story... it will make more sense.

• Like 5
  • LOL 6
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, 12blbl said:

Anyway did JW went to the game world after giving the key to emma? They didn’t show us JW vanishing :mellow:

I ‘m little bit confuse why HJ at level 1 already have enemy with gun. she got shot many times but after that she was logged out automatically. So she was in the normal game mode, not in the crazy game mode like JW. She supposed to deal enemy with sword like the other testers not gun.

She didn't have sword because she never looked for one in the bathroom. It's like she is in the cruise mode in Need For Speed game, roaming around the city randomly. Everytime she got shot, the game logged her out automatically and then she had to log in again. Now what I don't understand is how come she faced soldier of level 100 and not Josean era assassin just like JW faced that Nasrid warrior? Maybe since she was not near that statue and instead in the area where high level enemy soldiers were roaming. If you are near statue then only will that warrior attack you otherwise you will attacked by the enemies of that particular area and level.

• Like 5

Lol @stroppyse see? Did tell you it take a lot for me to gush. I am so deprived of HB that I am enjoying watching it. So don't get me wrong about him. I actually just went to page 1 to double check its a tvN drama. The kissing must be from the writer or PD's instructions. Or the actors. Cos' it ain't because of the station which allows better kissing scenes.

I will watch it. To the end. Just that I woke up at 5am and I wrote this after reading spoilers. This is the W drama writer isn't it? I watched that whole drama as well.

I am halfway though a 6 book sci fantasy series I am going back to. Just that watching this has made me get an urge for a hardcore sci fiction series about having alternate realities. I have a cousin who writes defence system software. I am going to make her watch this and see her brain explode. Hahaha.

Its all good. HB is eye candy so I would watch this to the end. Besides I have a really soft spot for Minju. Her chemistry and relationship with JW is just adorable.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

29 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

with 2 ex- wives ( therefore having had sex duh), an aggressive businessman ( you don't get to be a successful entrepreneur by being passive ), a successful student is this pure, innocent ( emotions I mean. He is rather decent/ somewhat considerate as a boyfriend ), restraint physically when it comes to his dating style ( his kissing style. He kisses like he is dating for the 1st time ). Hello, with his looks he would have been like a campus idol.

But he is HJ first boyfriend to my understand! A real, wise and caring man, that really cares and loves the person he is with, regardless of his pass experience, will not jump and force himself on the woman. He knows how and when to step up the relationship in a assertive and secure way, and get what they both want! As well as, a woman that knows what she wants and secure of herself worth, will be smart, wise, and assertive to guide her relationship , and not let herself be manipulated out of the scare of loose the man, into situations that she might note be ready for ! They both should be mature and emotionally ready to take steps that will define their relationship and care on the consequences. Dramas many times are a teaching institutes! :thumbsup:

• Like 8
  • LOL 3

What does one do with a watch/timekeeper?

A Spanish navigator in 16th century uses it to keep track of time of day, hence longitude for navigation

A Mayan astrologer in the 7th century uses it (sundial) to keep track of the time of year...for  important sacrificial ceremonies

A high school student uses it to keep track of time, to finish the test

A power grid operator  uses it to synchronize the various power plants, lest they overload.

CEO Yoon Jin-woo uses time/watch for..... hanky panky!

Which do Soompian think is the better usage of time???

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

@alcides14ahjumma yeah. In the ideal world. That's why I said the writer gave JW that sort of backstory. Then suddenly makes him the ideal 1st boyfriend. When he apparently wasn't that mature/ sensitive/ wise in his 1st 2 relationships. Not force himself * cough, cough * but we do have HB and PSH's looks and them 2- only had 2 relationships between them.

And tbh, JW is HOT and smexy. First boyfriend or not.. she was 29. Boy she has restraint. And zero urge to jump his bones. And yeah this ahjumma ( not me the hairdresser calls me ahjumma ) just looks at her and goes " woman, a man like HB does not come along in any woman's lifetime. "  

Kdramas either represent the makjang. Or the stage of a teenage relationship in the teen romance. And yes currently am in book 3 of a teen romance leading to marriage. Did say I read a lot. The series is shelved under Teen Fiction in the library... I am not making it up.

Anyway there was a reason why I can't watch both episodes. It is Monday morning here. And have to get to work. Have no clue how some people can watch Kdramas in the office. We would get fired if not more surfing the Internet at work. Well not fired but we are too busy to go on the Net.

Ciao guys. Enjoy dissecting it. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

In other hand! Lol! 

I am a SIIIINNER ! HJ and JW , your natural chemistry is kiiiiilling me! Those sweet and caring moments , the interactions as couples, soooo natural and lovely!!!! OMG!!!! What  to do? :heart:  Please hold me , because I am going to SIN and SIN and SIN again and again! Please do not ask me to restrain myself, because I am already under the water! I can swim good, and I know many of my chingus here can also, otherwise ask the “partners in crime “ from 2013 up to 2015, how hard and fast we swam ! Lol! :tounge_wink:

The OST also is on point! Why?Why ?Why only 16 episodes? I want a happy end,please! :relaxed:

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

i am only interested in knowing where was SJ going for his bathroom breaks in the last 1 year.. and food (but less priority.. where was his bathroom)

and i hope they don't pull .. SJ knew the only way he can be freed is if someone else takes his place.. that would be evil :P

His call with HS after marco died.. shows how cool he can be when it comes to handling situation.. he maynot be able to fight physically but mentally he is quite sharp..

The way he answered HS.. its chilling murderer way of answering.. "He can't go through with the deal".. normal person would have been crying and saying marco got hurt

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 5

8 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

@alcides14ahjumma yeah. In the ideal world. That's why I said the writer gave JW that sort of backstory. Then suddenly makes him the ideal 1st boyfriend. When he apparently wasn't that mature/ sensitive/ wise in his 1st 2 relationships. Not force himself * cough, cough * but we do have HB and PSH's looks and them 2- only had 2 relationships between them.

And tbh, JW is HOT and smexy. First boyfriend or not.. she was 29. Boy she has restraint. And zero urge to jump his bones. And yeah this ahjumma ( not me the hairdresser calls me ahjumma ) just looks at her and goes " woman, a man like HB does not come along in any woman's lifetime. "  

Kdramas either represent the makjang. Or the stage of a teenage relationship in the teen romance. And yes currently am in book 3 of a teen romance leading to marriage. Did say I read a lot. The series is shelved under Teen Fiction in the library... I am not making it up.

Anyway there was a reason why I can't watch both episodes. It is Monday morning here. And have to get to work. Have no clue how some people can watch Kdramas in the office. We would get fired if not more surfing the Internet at work. Well not fired but we are too busy to go on the Net.

Ciao guys. Enjoy dissecting it. 

All depends the goal of the relationship. 

And, as I said, Dramas many times are teaching Institutes! 

I am an ahjumma for real, happily married for over 22 years with same man, my partner in crimes and best friend, and with wonderful kid( even though he is an adult I still see him as a kid). I enjoy watch Park Shin Hye’s dramas and diehard fan of her with all the respects. And, her acting makes me fall for her costars, that I want to adopt them. 

MOA and HB and SH acting, have taken me into a new unique, enjoyable, happy world of dramas! 

Not trying to undermine HB hotness,  uniqueness, or burst your bubble,  but It can be reproduce! Good nutrition , exercise, good self care( including enhancements) what is very common and normal since our ancestors , and good makeup artist, and voila! Lol! But, indeed the personality, it will be a jackpot! :relieved:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1