[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

2 hours ago, Kasmic said:

1. [+1987,-4]
There were no signs of him being strangled.. But with just her statement.. he's not even a serial killer.. they are putting him on wanted list..?

9. [+264,-6]
Ah.. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Scriptwriter, please add some context. There were no signs of suffocation found in the autopsy, does it make sense that they are after Hyun Bin just because of Go Yoo Ra's statement? This is absurd. 

7. [+800,-11]
No, ㅋㅋㅋㅋ but there were no signs of murder. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ He believed someone who is drunk, that he was strangled and put Hyun Bin on wanted?? The scriptwriter mentioned that he died from excessive bleeding... And you can only talk to Emma if you're above level 5, is Hee Joo an exception...? But still, it's the last episode next week, I'll watch it. Please let Yoo Jin Woo be happy. 

The police should've coordinated with Granada hospital (the one who checked on CHS), maybe they didn't that's why they blindly took Yura's words which is.... very frustrating:angry:

And Yura, tsk, such a crazy evil snake I didn't expect she would be this toxic that even her manager slash the one she's having an affair with gave up on her.

Soojin soojin soojin... how can she be this weak, can't you even counter Yura's words, like maybe testifying that she didn't have an affair with Jinwoo or something else, why did she even say sorry to Jinwoo she better didn't say anything at all<_<

No, Heeju isn't an exception, she can't speak to Emma too. How can these knets missed that baffles me<_<

10. [+255,-7]
But they did mention that even if he isn't limping in the game, the CCTVs would show that he's limping... He was running today... So, is he running while limping in reality..? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ What's this? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ The special items too. They were made freely without any restrictions. If that's the case, they should've made something invincible.. ㅋㅋ Like the game, this drama has lots of errors. 

About the limping, I agree with this comment. I thought players who log in would see that Jinwoo isn't limping and outsiders (or cctv) would see that he is limping. Polices who chased him and certainly not in the game clearly saw that he outran them, what would be the explanation for that, if provided. But tbh I laughed at their chase, when Jinwoo ran faster than those polices:P

3. [+4057,-76]
Someone should hit Se Joo on the back... You should sort out everything on your own now, Se Joo-ya... 

4. [+2699,-55]
From Secretary Seo to his ex-wife.. How is Yoo Jin Woo going to take it? This is my first time seeing such a pitiful male lead. Hyun Bin is so handsome and his acting is so good that I feel bad for him even more. 

Heeju should do that and not giving him pocket money for a while lol.

I feel bad for him too, even more because he is Hyunbin:tears:

8. [+798,-31]
That Sang Beom who's like a family, why does he own a Lexus worth 1 billion won? Did he sell thousands of guitars already? I have nothing to say about the development since a few episodes ago. But even if it's an ad, they should match it with the character. 

I was surprised when he came with his car, how could he own that car:blink: The one who got money was Heeju not him, he was just an international student in Granada...? or maybe he is actually a rich kid haha

1. [+7280,-203]
200 billion won for the production... They should give Hyun Bin a huge chunk of it.. If not for Hyun Bin, I wouldn't be watching this till now... I'm hanging on because I like seeing Hyun Bin. What's with the directing skills and the scriptwriter's writing skills? Seriously.. When the hawk appeared, I still had a little hope in me, but what is this.. This isn't a C-drama, why are they repeating scenes that were shown in the beginning..? If this is too much for them to handle, they could've just finish it within 12 episodes.. Viewers these days have high standards, they dislike draggy scenes... Look at SKY Castle, their production fees are only a third of this, but everyone is crazy over it. I'm going to watch next week's episodes because I feel that it's a waste since I've followed it till now.. Please don't disappoint.. The only good thing about this drama is Hyun Bin is renewing his peak again.

While I'm still liking the drama and actually not really bothered by all the negative things happened/mentioned. Sometimes, you just gotta take it for what it is, afaik SJJ is a big name (idk, am I right?), actors & actress (at the very least the main) cast for her work would be those A-listers, so the budget for her work bound to be higher than average. And also MOA and SC is very different in its genre, genre like MOA for sure needs budget because they also need to do a lot CGI, since it supposed to look high tech:lol: Anyway, it's just my opinion.

Spoiler

kinda like KES, people often complain about her dramas, but still watch them regardless

And yay for Hyunbin, I hope with MOA success he can do more dramas. I also hope next week rating will at least stay steady in 9%-10% range or hopefully rise. Congrats for all MOA actors, actresses, and staffs for breaking 10% barrier, they deserve it:D

1 hour ago, deluluishealthy said:

3. CEO Park. in the preview for the next ep, we see Park said "someone must be responsible about this. he and Cha must be responsible". ugh Park. Park. pls do something. Jin Woo ady told you more than once, if you understand what he means, he leans on you. with all the power of CEO can you do something? at least to Yura. I want Park to take a bold action for Jin Woo. pls help your brother. you literally know everything from both side. you have not a single proof? Yura and Cha are the same tho. what are you waiting for???

4. Jin Woo and Hee Jo relationship. ugh all those sweet gestures from Jin Woo makes me into a puddle of goo. my heart beats so fast. he's so gentle, he loves Hee Jo vm. and vice versa. I love how he scold Hee Joo, I love it when he makes Hee Joo sit on the chair in that fitting room, I love how he hold Hee Joo's hand, I love how he lies, I love it when he still smiles while looking at Hee Joo in the taxi, I love him vm more than Hee Joo tbqh yeoreobun /cries/

I never expected a kiss, but Jin Woo probably have some probabilities in his head atm so he decided to do that. again I love how he holds Hee Joo's face and I love how he look at Hee Joo after that /deep sigh/.

Hee Joo on the other hand makes me :"""((( loving a man can be so tough even it is your first try in life. Hee Joo did everything she can do, look at how she login and logout repeatedly to seek Jin Woo pain my heart. watch her crying pain my heart more. I want to give her a bear hug.

5. baby Se Ju. Se the freaking Ju. Se Ju. baby. omg. boy. you back, you back. you live in flesh for real /sobs/ your brother in law did it baby. omg. Se Ju. where are you all this time?! lemme hug you first. ok. now, you don't know what happened two? me three baby. honestly. but can you help your brother in law? pls.

after all my conclusion is Jin Woo deserves to be save. ok. pls. anyone? or should I? 

Can I second your comment?:wub: too frustrated with old prof and Go Snake I even forget my comments for Jinwoo-Heeju moments:lol:

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

33 minutes ago, anony12345 said:

Very odd reply - not really sure what you're trying to say?

maybe you need to watch a decade long more...  you know.. to reach a higher level of understanding and accepting... 

anyway eonnie wish you good luck, Rookie....

• Like 6

I'm just bothered that i see no point of this game. For what purpose is the game for? Why did SJ and Marco develop it? So you play till no end to kill and just kill? I feel that the writer just forced everything in thinking all viewers would accept it as is.

I watch a lot of illogical dramas. Sci-fi or whatever its called. I watched Life on Mars which had a return to the past theme, and i liked that drama to bits. I watched Tunnel and Signal too, and both have return to the past theme. I'm currently watching The Last Empress which is set in a fictional world were the monarchy still exists, TLE starts as a flashback similar to MotA, but they dont use excessive multiple flashbacks that gives me whiplash trying to grasp what on earth is happening. TLE is more absurd with all the ridiculous stuff going on, but i find it entertaining.

With that said, i am unsure why i can't accept MotA as is. I try to dissect the game with my logical brain eventhough i don't intend to do so. And it saddens me a bit since it also dampens my excitement when watching this.

I'm still here to see how it ends and how things are tied up. Cause from the way i see it, JW can't return to his normal life after everything that happened to him: public shaming on TV, his cray2 antics recorded by the public, all the negative news surrounding him. I think even if he survives this game, he would need to live in recluse. Maybe he can bring HJ for company.

A season 2? I hope theres no season 2 in plans yet. The game is too loose for a season 2. 

• Like 3

On 1/14/2019 at 6:55 AM, anony12345 said:

Very odd reply - not really sure what you're trying to say?

I've seen plenty of korean tv shows with good character development - in this show they've barely tried on that end as the plot of the game takes up so much time.

Spoiler

I’ve seen those too, but if I don’t like a drama because the pace is slow or the character is annoying, the actor/actress is not my fave, the storyline is confusing and the most important thing that drama doesn’t suit my taste, I won’t watch it and leave it behind after first episode. But I won’t make judgement about character development, the plot or maybe the actor and actress can’t act etc in that drama forum. I even won’t give any emoticon but only read. MOA is my first drama from SJJ, I don’t watch W because the story was not my taste and never involved in its thread.  this drama is very different from other classic or such timelapse or webtoon drama in Korea. At first I felt hesitated to watch this drama, since I am not fan of HB, but after I watched the first episode I just fell in love. That’s why I watched every episode and tried to analyse every scene, tried to understand what the writer want and the reason she write the story. 

Now in Korea aired Encounter, Clean for passion, Last Empress and Priest. I leave Encounter and Last Empress cause the story is to common, doesn’t suit me. I choose Clean for Passion because the story is unique and funny. Priest because its horror, my fave genre. Even I watch those 2, I never post in their thread, just watching and finishing them. But when the story shows some complexity like MOA, I will spent my time in its thread in soompi, I made posts, enjoy the recaps while airing and did some analysis. If you love the drama you’ll follow and never lost interest even till the end of it.

MOA not only high budgeting drama that made by a famous production house (daragon studio), but for me this has new storyline with the enormously flashbacks that will confusing people who don’t watch each scene carefully. Believe me, I watched from episode 1 to 13 few times and still confused, thanks to the flashbacks they help me to understand what happened to all the characters. 

When you start watching just enjoy the drama till the end and after that you find another drama that suits your taste then make a comparison. Agree?

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

:sweatingbullets: It is a hard life being a writer... So many people are criticizing the use of flashback and think that it's dragging the story. I can only hope that writer-nim doesn't succumb under those pressures and change her story-telling style because that's what I think is her uniqueness. She hasn't even finished telling the story and many are already judging that it's a failure. I watched QIHM, Nine, W and loved them all, including MoA... Her style of writing intrigues me and I will definitely watch her next drama. I never felt a dull moment in MoA and could see myself forgoing eating and sleeping to marathon it.

Personally, I decide the shows that I want to watch based on the writer and director. Very rarely because of the cast, but there are times that I would check out the story because my favorite actors/actresses are cast in it. If the story doesn't engage me, I would ditch the show no matter how much a fan I am of the cast. Eg. Wok of Love. I love love love all the three leads so so so much, but the story and style couldn't engage me, I left at ep.4, I think.

The works of this writer always have fantasy elements, MoA is not excluded. To expect logical explanation will rob the joy of watching the story. Eg. at the end of QIHM (in spoiler)

Spoiler

Many people complained about the use of the cell phone to bring back the male lead, saying how can there be reception in that era, how can the phone still have battery life after so long... :P not even remembering that in the story, a piece of talisman can send a man back and forth in time.... If one can accept the time traveling possibility by a talisman, why can't one also accept that a cell phone can suddenly have reception in Joseon era? :lol: I don't understand...

The people who are not satisfied with MoA must have entered it with an expectation of the regular K-drama story-telling style and formula (usually heavy on the romance department) especially with HB and PSH cast as the leads. When the promotions started for this drama, I was just casual about it because I don't know what to expect with the very vague teasers. Looked kinda boring, I even thought. My eyes lit up only when I found out who the writer is, and I told myself "must watch!". I didn't even know it's going to be about AR/VR gaming stuff, until the part where JW started fighting the warrior in ep.1. But I'm ready for whatever the writer is preparing to serve to me. The explosion of the palace startled me as well as the knight on the horse... When the game screen prompts came out, I went "whoa, awesome!" and had been immersed in the show ever since.

Some stories are more character-driven, some stories are more plot-driven, but always a blend of two. The blend will be decided by the writer who concocts the story. Let's trust this writer to wrap up the story of MoA before making any judgment, harsh or mild... If you still don't like it, then her writing style is probably just not your cup of tea and you should just avoid it in the future, no matter who is cast ;)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, LovelyShinHye said:

I've never watch any of SJJ previous drama, but I knew about W storyline based on the reviews. She just know how to made viewers boiling with blood pressure lol. The continuous unexpected thing, when will it ended tbh? I felt exhausted just by look at Jinwoo only. That man deserve a break. That police question really didn't make sense at all. Like..dude? Viewers aren't stupid.

I just hope, Jinwoo narration about "now, only one story remain" is his story with heejoo.

Have you ever watched secret drama? The one jisung and hje in it? I'm getting the vibe of this drama from it lol. The genre might be different but the tension of the drama is the same. That drama also less romance and we got the romance part on ep 12-13 if i'm not mistaken. The last drama that I watched which play with my emotion a lot is Stairway to heaven lol. I'm an old women..

MOA catch my attention because of the lead at first. It's been a while since i saw hyun bin and psh on small screen. But as the story begin, i just cant stop my curiosity about this drama. It's unique. No matter what other people say, this writer really knew how to twist things around and make me drawn in my own curiosity. I love the chemistry between the lead. Mature type of romance. Less skinship, but their eyes speaks better.

• Like 14

Park Shin Hye And Hyun Bin Team Up To Carry Out The Final Quest On âMemories Of The Alhambraâ

Park Shin Hye And Hyun Bin Team Up To Carry Out The Final Quest On “Memories Of The Alhambra”

Jan 13, 2019
by U. Kim

In the upcoming episode of SBS’s “Memories Of The Alhambra,” Yoo Jin Woo (Hyun Bin) and Jung Hee Joo (Park Shin Hye) will dash through the city in search of Jung Se Joo (EXO’s Chanyeol).

Spoilers

In episode 13, Hee Joo figured out how to solve the final quest after her encounter with Emma. They would have to find the ‘master’s special item: golden key,’ which was created by Se Joo as an exact replica of the key of heaven, and deliver it to Emma.

The newly released stills of the upcoming episode show Hee Joo and Jin Woo desperately looking for Se Joo. They now know how to use the golden key, but Jin Woo, the strongest user of the game at level 95, does not meet the minimum required level to use it, which is level 100. The coming episodes will reveal whether Jin Woo will successfully survive the dangerous city and reach level 100. Viewers will also find out what will happen when Emma lays her right hand on the golden key.

memories-of-the-alhambra-park-shin-hye-hyun-bin2.jpg

Episode 14 will air on January 13 at 9 p.m. KST. What are your theories on the events that will unfold?

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1291917wpp/park-shin-hye-hyun-bin-team-carry-final-quest-memories-alhambra

• Like 11

Emma is the peacemaker. Hence, she may be the one who can manipulate the game. As we saw, when Marco and SJ got into a brawl, Emma blurred the line of reality and virtual. Honestly, I don't fully understand the game thoroughly as it leaves me in confusion. When I try to understand it, i become like this too:

DwveZDIWwAUkMb1?format=jpg&name=small

:joy: 

• Like 3
  • LOL 14

4 hours ago, yuhotarubi said:

So I just finished watching today's episode, I said it before and I'll say it again Hyun Bin is just SO AMAZING!! ( what he was wearing in this episode makes him look extra hot so there's a bonus :p)

I pity JW so much he's obviously so exhausted and tired of this game, he wants it to end so badly he's even begging a god he never believed in, and I hope he achieved it, now that SJ is back, but we don't know how or where did JW disappear to after that, it was a whole day, JW was gone first thing in the morning and SJ only appeared in the night, I guess we're getting more flashbacks next episode * sigh*

Will HJ look for him again in the next episode ?? will she do something, I'm still so bummed that HJ didn't do much in the story except be an emotional support to those who love her JW included, the fact that she couldn't do anything but wait helplessly, in today's episode she tried she really did but it was a  failure (my blame is on the writer ) but her relationship with JW is so sweet, these two really have a very special bond, something that makes them both still hope in something better, JW to end the game and find SJ and HJ to stay strong for both for her and everyone she loves ( including JW) I hope we'll see them enjoy their relationship more in the next episode and get a few days of rest from all this holabaloo ( PETITION FOR PSH AND HB TO WORK ON ANOTHER DRAMA TOGETHER, DON'T WASTE ALL THAT CHEMISTRY ) 

Now for what I didn't like, what in the world is the deal YR made with Prof.Cha ??? To make her so nervous and so on edge feeling like she's loosing it all ?? What did that old **** promise her ?? And what kind of self respecting investigator would take the word of drunk woman who could barely walk to the police station and order a warrant especially when this  *witness* words don't add up with the official doctor's examination of the victim ?? very very illogical, and very frustrating cause I still don't see any importance to YR or give a damn about her or her evil deeds. 

Soo Jin on the other hand represents another type of frustration, like can you speak woman?? Her deciding to take her own life and LEAVING her one year old baby, even while knowing his grandfather doesn't care about him, why ??? I have to guess that she has some sort of responsibility, in how HS was probably right with his suspicions, that Soo Jin wanted to go back to JW, but still, committing suicide is too much.

Next week, I don't know how it'll play out, can we bring back past character ?? HS and Sec.Seo ??I personally want at least the Seo back,  but how ? their bodies are already cremated/buried , if the writer wants to delete all the effects of the game then she'll have to make the story reset, something ala Jumanji, but I don't know how she'll do it and how it'll make sense, because Jumanji was more like magic, whil this game ? not so sure. 

That's all I have to say, I like this drama very much and it saddens me it's over next week, I have so many things to say about it, but I'll wait till the finale to gather up all my thoughts as a whole. For now I'm praying for a happy ending with a happy OTP and happy dimples and lots of kisses and hugs, and of course more MJ and JW interactions, oh and don't forget a good lecture to behave SJ on making this terrible game.

You know what I think I mentally prepared myself that this drama would have flashback from prob the very first/second episode.

I doubted myself a lot cause being Song Jae Jung writer's follower I assumed she would use a lot of flashbacks in her scripts just like W.  But gotta say, its not as annoying cause they have a flow to the story.  But now.... I will even tolerate it in ep 15 just when it gets to ep 16 JW better not struggle as much lol

• Like 6
  • LOL 5

2 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I like how JW just goes in for the kiss this time around. No need to pause and catch his breath or for her to see if she will return the kiss:wub: 

you have no idea how fast my heart beats for this orz I think I lose my heart for a milliseconds

1 hour ago, hyuuhikari said:

Can I second your comment?:wub: too frustrated with old prof and Go Snake I even forget my comments for Jinwoo-Heeju moments:lol:

you are always welcome darls, Jin Woo and Hee Joo interaction in this ep is :"'''''(

and Park is totally me when he said -he should congratulate Hee Joo for her status with Jin Woo now but he can't, and told Hee Joo if he's her brother he will not give his bless to them- ME TWO PARK! but... I will still give them bless in the end if Jin Woo promise me that he will kiss and cuddle Hee Joo and love her till forevermore. geez sorry everyone I'm Jin Woo sister (actually with Se Joo, I was trapped in the game).

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

Even though this drama involves a lot of flashbacks, I will have to trust that the writer has a purpose.

I am not a fan of flashbacks however, it does push the story forward bit by bit. I know many feel like the writer does not know where he/she is going with this game concept. Honestly, the way I see it is this: there are so many ideas revolving around this game concept, that so much things has to be put together to let it become one. Now, I am not saying I agree with how the game is being displayed to us. But I am going to have to trust that the writer will eventually put up one main idea in the end. I get confused too. And I, too, get frustrated. The game concept should have been revealed to us bits and pieces in earlier episodes. But it took so much other situations to move it along too (SJ, leveling up, re-programming, politics, company betrayals, etc). There were unnecessary scenes (police chase). We don't get much information on secondary characters and yet they play such a vital role (SuJi, Yu Ra, Professor Cha, etc). Many scenes could have been reduced so that other scenes can make more sense. Hence, I totally understand the frustration from watching these past few episodes.

This is my first drama with this writer. I watched a bit here and there of the other dramas but this is the one that I stuck with, watching each episodes. I am going to see how the next and last episodes end, and I am hoping the writer will not disappoint with an answer that will give me a peace of mind. I will have to trust that there is something there at the end of the tunnel ;)

@ktcjdrama @Kasmic ironically enough, i get the same vibe as I did when we were watching the other drama together. Viewers feel a mixture of emotions towards this drama. I am hoping we get more answers in the next 2 episodes, so that we can finally settle down peacefully in Granada :lol:

• Like 11

25 minutes ago, sanika said:

So the error in the game is Emma (?) and deleting her will solve everything (?)

I don't think deleting Emma will solve everything. Emma is a key character in the game. Even programmer friend did not want to delete her. JW asked for her to be deleted because it most likely reminded her of HJ. (good thing they didn't delete her). But it was stated that the codes from the Granada version could not be completely transitioned/altered by the Seoul version. Hence, Emma is the original character of the game. Thus, deleting her will not entirely solve the mysteries of this game. It may just blur the line between reality/virtual even more. 

However, since she is the peace maker in the game, I think she may be the one who manipulated the game in the first place (such as the blur when Marco and SJ fought in the cafe). Since SJ is the developer of the game, he may be the only one who can fix the game error, i hope :sweatingbullets:

@deluluishealthy haha, my heart skipped many beats. I was like, 'wow, they are kissing naturally now. No need for hesitation or confirmation anymore. Yay!.' :wub::lol:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

@vangsweetie637 @deluluishealthy why would confirmation be needed when she is the one hugging JW first in this episode:wub:;)

Will it be too much to say that Emma is probably the antagonist? Eventhough she is key character, the blurred line between Real and AR started from/because of her (yes, she was created by dear younger brother, but I can't bring myself to point him as the antagonist because he didn't know how the problem happened)

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 3

1 minute ago, hyuuhikari said:

@vangsweetie637 @deluluishealthy why would confirmation be needed when she is the one hugging JW first in this episode:wub:;)

Will it be too much to say that Emma is probably the antagonist? Eventhough she is key character, the blurred line between Real and AR started from/because of her (yes, she was created by dear younger brother, but I can't bring myself to point him as the antagonist because he didn't know how the problem happened)

Possible. Maybe emma is a NPC turned rogue. And the final thing to be done by JW is to kill Emma who has the same face as HJ. So thats the main conclict. Besides, JW does seem smitten with Emma as much as he is smitten with HJ. Imagine the angst and denial JW will face while killing emma. Muahaha

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

15 minutes ago, hyuuhikari said:

Haha I am just glad there was no hesitation this time around. It was all natural for these two :wub: exactly my thoughts too. Emma may be the antagonist or to me, the manipulator all this time given that she has a special function and it activated into another unknown function when she felt danger around her (as stated, no weapons can be used around her).

10 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Possible. Maybe emma is a NPC turned rogue. And the final thing to be done by JW is to kill Emma who has the same face as HJ. So thats the main conclict. Besides, JW does seem smitten with Emma as much as he is smitten with HJ. Imagine the angst and denial JW will face while killing emma. Muahaha

Oooo such an evil and cruel thought for our JW but I have to say that it is very possible :vicx: 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4