[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

3 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

What a sad episode, so heartbreaking seeing JW fighting to be level 100, alone.

You know..he could actually not fight alone from the beginning if he just included HJ in his game plan. Sec seo's death is still pointless. I dont know why he needed to die when he can be a better ally when alive. Oh well. Its already ep 14. Lets the past be past and move on. Hahaha

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

How did you guys hear what they're talking about in the BTS? I cranked up my volume and I still can't hear clearly what they're saying. I'm still very bad in reading the words, so no hope trying to read the captions...

I guess my hearing is Ahjussi/oreoshin level already, hopeless.... lol....

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

1 minute ago, ktcjdrama said:

How did you guys hear what they're talking about in the BTS? I cranked up my volume and I still can't hear clearly what they're saying. I'm still very bad in reading the words, so no hope trying to read the captions...

I guess my hearing is Ahjussi/oreoshin level already, hopeless.... lol....

lol their conversation was written on the vid.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Another week to go. I will trust the writer for the last time. (LOL) My take, someone recorded yura's conversation in the police toilet. Or shall I rephrase, my hopes. So every loose end will be tied up pretty and neat. I thought, in one of HB's interview, when he was asked, he said if in real life, he can probably reach level 10. But jin woo can reach level 110. (unfortunately, now I cannot locate the interview link.) I hope, I heard wrongly, I sincerely do not want to see him running about in game mode in the remaining 2 episodes to level up again. I wish, we can see lovy, flirty scenes between our newly-dated-couple for the remaining precious 2 episodes. 

• Like 12

17 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

You know..he could actually not fight alone from the beginning if he just included HJ in his game plan. Sec seo's death is still pointless. I dont know why he needed to die when he can be a better ally when alive. Oh well. Its already ep 14. Lets the past be past and move on. Hahaha

:D Chingus, we moved on along with the episodes. 

JinWoo has to play the game alone because he doesn't want to see another new Zombie

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

5 minutes ago, PororoQueen said:

:D Chingus, we moved on along with the episodes. 

JinWoo has to play the game alone because he doesn't want to see another new Zombie

Hahaha. What if he dies in the game. Will he be a zombie? I really want to know what happens if JW dies in the game. I really thought he died after the fight in ep 4 and also after the zombie fight. Its kinda silly thats there is no rule to when and how one player can become a zombie.

Just had to say what's on my mind.

Alas...we move on hahahaha

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3

Once again a misunderstood drama. Sigh!

I was not surprised by the knetz comments. I expected these comments because this drama is NOT everyone's cup of tea. Lets just accept it. Life would become far easier if people did. An example of why it isn't, I asked my fellow kdrama binger to watch this show live with me and this was her reply, "game-type, mysterious, twisting plot..I can't watch that", this was actually her reply. So, you see the audience who actually picked up this show, picked up knowing what they will be thrown at- mystery, fantasy, mend-bending, unanswered-questions-till-the-very-end. I didn't even think of following romance, when I started watching, so it was PSH-HB's chemistry that made me a fan of them.

I agree with what @ktcjdrama said, those who signed up actually thought that with HB and PSH on the board, the drama will be typical one, full of romance. I would have not minded that also, but the writer didn't want to tell us that, hence, I suppose we should pray that both HB-PSH sign up for a 'romance-only', with some other writer whose expertise is such.

Flash backs drag the show. The only episode that I actually found to be draggy due to flashbacks is actually episode 14. But more than flashbacks, I will admit that YuRa's story was draggy as it didn't serve any purpose. Other than that, I found no issues with flashbacks because, heyy..story is going forward! We know what went wrong with the game, Emma is the actual glitch, SeJu returned, JW completed the quest. And not to mention, there is still one more story left to be told by JinWoo, so it is still not a failure; the story is still open! 

And yes about it being a failure. How do we calculate that whether a movie has sunk at the box office or floated? By the margin of income over cost. From what I can understand it that MOA is a heavy budget drama and not to mention the sponsors are not only from Korea but all the way from USA(Netflix). So, I can safely assume that Netflix is not a fool to invest in a drama which would sink. This is I guess their first and only Kdrama production. Korean ratings are good for a cable TV, around 10-13 is like very good. I am not a ratings expert but I remember Goblin also had approximately the same ratings, and people on that forum used to be ecstatic on these ratings. 

Critics will always be there. Shakespeare is still heavily criticized for his works even after 400 years...lol. Even I nitpick his works and every new reader of him has a different perspective. But does it stop people from reading him or appreciating his work? No, it doesn't. In the same way, those who have an eye for intelligent work, and out-of-the-box-thinking are actually still in awe about Memories of Alhambra. And I admit it today, that I will definitely wait for this writer's new work. Come what may! Cheers!

Did anyone notice PSH was straightening out Binnie's jacket...bahhhh!! :D

Did I jump out of the ship?? No, I didn't..haha..

Wait I will take a screen shot and post it..

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

OMG they are soooo cute in that making video, Shin Hye looks pretty shy at their kiss scene and Hyun Bin was teasing her for it ?? I know i shouldn't ship them in real life but I can't, I'll just know my limits since Shin Hye already has a boyfriend, instead some other writer/director  should really takw a look at their amazing chemistry and cast both of them in  another drama. 

On the other hand, I didn't know they used an extra actress to play Emma, and that actress plays the song too ?? Shin Hye seemed to have a bit of difficulty playing the song despite the fact she plays guitar since she was young, but that's okay. 

Team work looks amazing, I'm glad they had a good time filming and without the suffering of a live shooting schedule.

• Like 9

LOOOOVE the scenes where both HJ and JW were looking out for each other. The taxi scene melts my heart! How JW worry every time she logs in, the hug and how he tried his best to keep her safe and still manage to smile in the midst of chaos. 

*compiling my favorite scenes of JW and HJ*

tumblr_pla8isaQh21vqfmslo1_540.gif

tumblr_pla8isaQh21vqfmslo5_r1_540.gif

tumblr_pladd7czP41vqfmslo1_r1_400.gif

tumblr_pladd7czP41vqfmslo3_r1_400.gif

tumblr_pla64rdoHh1vqfmslo7_r1_400.gif

tumblr_pla64rdoHh1vqfmslo9_r1_400.gif

Somehow, I don't really like the timing of their closet kiss. Maybe it's because of the 5 minute break they have so they're caught up in the weird-emotional-atmosphere... but they can do quite a lot of things in 5 minutes like escaping far from the NPCs. Not complaining with the kissing scene though! Perhaps, JW has a feeling that that would be the last time for him to see HJ before going MIA.

Can't wait for the last two episodes! Hoping for a happy ending for both JW and HJ!!

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

@alcides14ahjumma yeah. In the ideal world. That's why I said the writer gave JW that sort of backstory. Then suddenly makes him the ideal 1st boyfriend. When he apparently wasn't that mature/ sensitive/ wise in his 1st 2 relationships. Not force himself * cough, cough * but we do have HB and PSH's looks and them 2- only had 2 relationships between them.

And tbh, JW is HOT and smexy. First boyfriend or not.. she was 29. Boy she has restraint. And zero urge to jump his bones. And yeah this ahjumma ( not me the hairdresser calls me ahjumma ) just looks at her and goes " woman, a man like HB does not come along in any woman's lifetime. "  

Kdramas either represent the makjang. Or the stage of a teenage relationship in the teen romance. And yes currently am in book 3 of a teen romance leading to marriage. Did say I read a lot. The series is shelved under Teen Fiction in the library... I am not making it up.

Anyway there was a reason why I can't watch both episodes. It is Monday morning here. And have to get to work. Have no clue how some people can watch Kdramas in the office. We would get fired if not more surfing the Internet at work. Well not fired but we are too busy to go on the Net.

Ciao guys. Enjoy dissecting it. 

I think JW first relationship with his wife ended not because of his fault. His first wife did cheat on him with his bestfriend. He was the victim then. As for Yura, she was his rebound. He was heartbroken, and Yura came in like a fox she is, when JW thought she would take all the pain from his breakup with SJ. Yura was his mistake. He also admitted that in the earlier episodes. After rebound, the next relationship is usually real so, HJ is the real woman that he loves. Real love changes our JW.

Edited by dil_infinity
To add more thoughts
  • Like 11

I don’t think the kiss scene is a fan service . It’s like goodbye kiss coz Jin woo is not sure of what’s going to happen .hes not sure whether he’ll be able to survive . How can it be fan service . If you’re in that situation what will you do . JW / HJ romance is the first kdrama romance that is very natural and it’s not the cheesy type it’s more to matured and serious type . They didn’t have much skin ship but through their eyes and gestures they express their feelings really well. As I watch I can feel that they’re not acting it’s really like real. They really such good actor and actress . If HB/ PSH accepted the first drama offered to them which is more on romance with their chemistry I’m very the rating will above 20. I agree with others that the writer drag too much and too many flashbacks . Having flashbacks is fine but not every episodes . And not with 2 episodes left should have not Yura and Su Jin come out . Not necessary . Should just have concentrate on the game and JW and HJ romance . I really pray they can work again . 

• Like 19

8 hours ago, wenchanteur said:

I regret that the drama lasts only 16 episodes, I have the impression that the story will be limited to a perimeter that I feel limited. But since the drama is not over, I avoid thinking about it. It is also the first drama I see "live", and perhaps a side effect to this way of doing things. I usually binge watch them all.

This is the only regret that I also have. I felt that the writer was somehow bound, restricted within the 16 hour time frame. Not many dramas shout out that 'hey..give me some more episodes..'. MOA is one of them.

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, greezlybee said:

LOOOOVE the scenes where both HJ and JW were looking out for each other. The taxi scene melts my heart! How JW worry every time she logs in, the hug and how he tried his best to keep her safe and still manage to smile in the midst of chaos. 

Somehow, I don't really like the timing of their closet kiss. Maybe it's because of the 5 minute break they have so they're caught up in the weird-emotional-atmosphere... but they can do quite a lot of things in 5 minutes like escaping far from the NPCs. Not complaining with the kissing scene though! Perhaps, JW has a feeling that that would be the last time for him to see HJ before going MIA.

Can't wait for the last two episodes! Hoping for a happy ending for both JW and HJ!!

Someone should really inform JW that he needs to worry about him and not HJ..

snipers fire bullets at her.. and she doesn't even have to move an inch.. !!! :)

she is clearly not the one in danger!

Also, if game kills people.. how did the people in mall survive that bomb blast :P

what if another logged in player was there.. too careless

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

15 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Someone should really inform JW that he needs to worry about him and not HJ..

snipers fire bullets at her.. and she doesn't even have to move an inch.. !!! :)

she is clearly not the one in danger!

Also, if game kills people.. how did the people in mall survive that bomb blast :P

what if another logged in player was there.. too careless

Hahaha! Nice one. I never thought of other players. But yeah they would have totally died in that bomb blast. Or maybe the other players didnt realize the server was up? So no one else played at that time? I have no idea about the rules of this game. Shots out of nowhere, NPCs appearing on streets and surrounding JW's car. So many rabid NPCs going around and replicating to no end. And why are there a mishmash of NPCs ones with swords and also guns. I thought the korean NPCs are the ones with big hats. So did the terorrist NPCs took the train from Granada to Korea? Hahaha

• Like 2
  • LOL 1