[Drama 2018] 100 Days My Prince / Hundred Days' Husband, 백일의 낭군님

0ly40

On 9/12/2018 at 12:40 PM, dito said:

If I'm not mistaken, thats Crown princess's brother....so no way he's the father.....this drama is not that dark...:D

Aigooo :o-_-no we don't want that ....you are absolutely right ...i just didn't know that he was suppose to be her brother...in case that MY is the father of the baby,  then i think he might have feelings for her because that sort of revenge is nauseatic on my eyes and completely against the principles that his father taught him and YS . he might still be in the dark on regards to kC involvement  in his father murder. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

I think he may have gotten his memory back at the end of the episode but not sure. I am waiting for DramaMilk's recap to know what exactly happened.

Can anyone well versed with history answer this? If a Crown Princess is not touched by the Crown Prince and he dies, will she be married to the next in line Crown Prince? I have been wondering if Kim is planning on getting his daughter married to LY's step brother. I am sure he won't hesitate to sleep with her and be fooled that the baby is his.

i also share this thought...i think he sort of recover more info about himself , if not fully recover he's on his way ....on regards to the CP i don't think is possible for her to marry her brother in law , or at least not now , we'll have to wait to see what kc has in store and forces her to do. he might join forces with the queen to try to get rid of the useless king ...by now the king is starting to became suspicious  of him and kind of aware that he has been living under manipulation his entire reign  . he might agree to let his second son wed the crown princess out of pure pressure from the nobles . in the worst case scenario , KC will force her to abort, she's running out of time, this might affect their father daughter relationship .

25 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Can anyone well versed with history answer this? If a Crown Princess is not touched by the Crown Prince and he dies, will she be married to the next in line Crown Prince? I have been wondering if Kim is planning on getting his daughter married to LY's step brother. I am sure he won't hesitate to sleep with her and be fooled that the baby is his.

NOPE she can not... Crown Princess will be living alone for the rest of her life.. she will still be in a palace but soon after the new crown prince announced, his consort will be the new crown princess... unless... unless... this woman is an evil so what can’t she does? she even impregnated herself with that bodyguard of her father to secure her position.. and tried to trap Crown Prince to make it looks like she is pregnant with his child.. wow I am speechless...

1 hour ago, YourHighness . said:

I think he may have gotten his memory back at the end of the episode but not sure. I am waiting for DramaMilk's recap to know what exactly happened.

Crown Princess kind of dug her own grave when she got herself pregnant. If CP had given in and consummated, her plan would've succeeded. But smart CP figured it out. That's why KimChaEon was angry with CPss.....she took a huge step without thinking about all the consequences....without taking into consideration CP's personality. Seems she was over confident of her seduction abilities.

Cpss biggest advantage right now is the baby.....only if people believe it's Crown Prince's. Thats the only way she could live.... to turn that lie into truth. Becoming the mother of the next king....is a higher position then stepping down to being just a princess of the step brother, (even if it were allowed), who has not been made CP yet.

The queen may seem dumb but she has smart people around her. She's going to figure it out soon. That baby might be CPss downfall or even KCE's...or at least the start of it. So MY may have unknowingly started his revenge.

And yeah it seems CP has started remembering stuff if not got his memory back completely.

what a fantastic episode... wow... this is getting more and more exciting I don’t know how to endure one week waiting.. maybe I will rewatch again from episode one..

3 things that I want to express..

LMAO I really like all the supporting actors here.. they are the colorful lights of this drama.. the married couple friends are too hilarious and his imagination is so yaddong joseon style.. 

even their expressions are so hilariously funny.. hahaha my fave in ep 4 is that fat rice soup ahjumma :D I was lolling the entire time when these supporting actors on the screen.. 

little by little CP will eventually remember everything.. I’m not sure that he already remember all but he’s getting there.. and that is when the real thing will begin.. how is he going to plan on the counter attack as well as uncover the evil schemes from Kim and the queen/his stepmom.

poor Hong Shim.. her orabeuni becomes a heartless man.. murdering is nothing.. I can’t wait to know the reason behind why hongshim orabeuni NOT killing Kim yet.. Kim is the evil man!

the only way for the crown prince to repay his father’s sin (more like the king is a cowardly chicken though.. agreed for being a puppet king) to Hong Shim is by unfolding all the truth that lies behind the tragic tragedy that killed Hong Shim father..  and punish Kim and his alliances as well as that sluttty crown princess to death.. old king reign will ended (he’s probably suicide to remorse his sins) and crown prince will ascend the throne...

and make her Hong Sim his Queen.. 

been watching many complicated dramas lately.. Yanxi Palace.. RuYi.. and other depressing Kdramas.. including ‘TIME’ drama misery... 100 days my Prince drama is such a light yin and yang balance that I need.. 

the slapticks humors maybe not for everyone but I’m liking it because that’s how they entertain us.. I appreciate their hard works! 

I'm not really liking MY :cold_sweat: , im kind of worry for his soul....... as HS brother,  is kind of sad too see that he turn out to be everything he was not suppose to be. less than a warrior  and killer of innocents.... i know where he is coming from and i understand that he has baggage but the way he is living  his life is disappointed to say the least. i think his only redemption  will be to kill KC along with himself , ( i just remember the frog and scorpion analogy and that he once said to not leave  the son of a tiger alive ) or to save  LY , the crown prince from whatever catastrophe he was riding to in ep 1 . 

the crown princess inherited KC scheme  and theatrical   nature and  as well as his smarts. ( he's by no means stupid ) his son on the other hand cannot be depended upon for his conquest of the throne. 

I haven't watched ep 3 and 4 fully. I am waiting a couple of more weeks and watching several episodes at a go.

I know it is a fusion sageuk and I am prepared to suspend logic. However even I can't work out how the CP could be totally stripped of his identity ( clothing wise ) that the father wouldn't recognise his status? And not to sound biased but his speech alone betrays his status. Then there will be his well nourished frame and probably hands that never did any work. That's my gripe. I will believe in the writer's world but the story has to make sense.

And oh yeah, the pregnant Crown Princess? Plenty of consorts have gone childless and been left in a lower ranked residence before. So the writer making the CP scheming and ambitious? She can go the normal sageuk way and be punished. Death normally. But I am wondering if the writer will allow the baby to live then kill off the CP.  It's not as if such a treasonous act against the Royal family can forgiven with just a stripped rank and she becomes a commoner. It is serious enough that she can't even be left with her rank and given a residence.

I read the comments about the obvious humour. Might hold off longer watching it. Since I actually have to watch Life and Your Honor this can wait. No currently airing drama has made me addicted enough yet.

tumblr_pf8n1hpfcu1ugbqo0o3_540.gif
tumblr_pf8n1hpfcu1ugbqo0o2_540.gif
Spoiler

tumblr_pf8n1hpfcu1ugbqo0o1_540.gif

triangularlily

We have to get there before the sun sets.

=======

Adding

First Impressions 100 Days My Prince k-drama

Adorable meets historical in this latest TvN series about the Sun and his Moon. After a long drama hiatus, Do Kyung-Soo (EXO's D.O.) returns to the small screen in a historical drama that's turning out to be quite the gem.

Crown Prince Lee Yool (Do Kyung-Soo) is heir to the throne by treason and resents his father for making him lose his first love and childhood innocence. As the Prince, he learns to harden his heart and feels no inclinations towards his wife while Ministers demand he share the same bed as her to end a drought. In order to avoid having to bear children, Lee Yool declares that all single maidens and bachelors in Joseon must be wed before the end of the month as a solution to the kingdom's drought issue that will rectify the imbalance between ying and yang energies.

What he could not have expected, is to run into assassins and fall victim to amnesia. Due to his own declaration, he ends up marrying Hong Shim (Nam Ji-Hyun) the oldest maiden in a village who opens up the first Detective agency in all of Joseon. Lee Yool takes on the identity of Won Deuk for 100 days before returning to a palace of treason and tensions, his married life to a simple woman changing him forever.

Spoiler

First Impressions 100 Days My Prince k-drama Nam Ji Hyun
First Impressions 100 Days My Prince k-drama D.O. Do Kyung Soo

Oh how I have waited for this! And waited patiently, I have! The last historical I covered and watched was Mr. Sunshine which was too grand for my tastes and not the K-drama I had expected it to be; muddled with splendour and ambitions that took away a lot of substance from a story that could never draw me in further than the third episode. This however, gives me all the right emotions and storyline that I look for in a Sageuk. Think Moon Embracing The Sun royal conspiracy and conflict meets Moonlight Drawn By The Clouds comedy and fluffy romance all rolled into one, and you get 100 Days My Prince.

Spoiler

I actually find it impressive how the show has managed to intertwine more dramatic scenes of royal strife with comedic moments and a light, sweet romance. Since the drama maintains a steady pace and progression throughout it's course, it's surprising how it smoothly switches from serious to light, making sure to cover all aspects of the story that it wishes to portray. And for my own enjoyment, I am more than happy that they're not reaching for a grand-scale melodrama fest like Queen For Seven Days. A historical without the water works is perfect for me. 

Spoiler

The latest drama editions to K-dramaland seem to all give us great twists and revelations and 100 Days My Prince does an adequate job of doing just that. So don't be fooled and simply write this off as a sappy love story about destiny, there's more to it than that. And though fated love ties heavily into the plot, our characters are complex and well written, a lot of their struggles apparent to the audience from the pilot episode alone. Yet, it's somehow light and airy as a result of the production so you're left feeling various emotions and experiencing different genre components as you sit there watching, trying to digest everything you're fed.
Spoiler

Do Kyung-Soo (he's never disappointed in a role) and Nam Ji-Hyun are doing a great job of carrying the weight of the drama on their shoulders as young actors under a microscope. After 2 weeks of watching the series, I have no complaints as far as acting goes, from our leads and supporting cast; there's a synergy between everyone that makes the show vivacious and colourful. 

Spoiler

The series had me with its gorgeous cinematography but the mellow feeling the drama gives and the irresistible story of a brooding and lonely Prince who finds love through a bright personality, makes this a sweet watch. My only concern would be the show lagging in the future and then throwing everything at us in a hurry but if it continues to progress and unfold as it has thus far, it'll be a historical worth remembering, becoming a coveted favourite. It does however, fall back into a nice comfy cushion to give us certain details and reveals that aren't all that surprising but manages to make up for it with romance and comedy. So in other words, don't keep your expectations too high.

Spoiler

There's a lot of compelling elements going on for this series and I hope it continues to build on the momentum its created and make us all appreciate the lovable characters that make this Sageuk a special gem of a show. 

Spoiler

Release Date: September 10. 2018 (Eng Sub available on Dramafever)
c. dramapanda.com

The first three episodes were amusing, and I wasn't bothered by the "low brow" humor because it was actually laugh-out-loud funny a couple of times (like with that grain pounding pestle).  And I'm not really bothered about some specifics because it's just a drama and it appears to be one that is supposed to be comical.

But the thing that is bothering me right now is the prince--lazy, self-centered, entitled, demanding, dismissive, and completely without insight.  Yeah, I have a very low tolerance with that nonsense, and it makes me angry rather than entertained.

I am gritting my teeth already, just ten minutes in on Episode 4.  If somebody doesn't squash that prince's attitude by the end of Episode 6, I am done.  And, honestly, I may not even last that long.  

EXO-DO.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOkdcJ5JuGjmGfa8p3d_u

What I love about WD/LY is his sense of cockiness and how he may not understand everything yet he knows what feels right to him and he knew it right away while being offered a rice ball and knowing he wasn't use to that kind of food.  In fact it is the very reason at first I thought he might know who he was and was just laying low after being attacked.  As his reaction after being saved and having his wounds taken care of by a humble stranger and then seeming slightly rude in rejecting his food seemed out of place for someone who didn't know who he was.  I was thinking wouldn't he have just been thankful...

Yet later episodes proved that he seemed not to know who he is but he does have a true sense of self and what he is and isn't use too. So does he know or doesn't he?:huh:  He seems to strive on correcting what doesn't feel right around him by any means with no thought to others.  From interior designer to food critic & silk fashions including knowing what felt right on his feet or normal LOL!!! 

Even manual labor!!  His body must be relaying to his mind what the HECK how did I get here:blink:

I did love seeing them wrapped together like an egg roll and him being afraid of that rat seemed another trait of his true self.  It's funny how strong male characters in dramas are shown to have a small weakness which makes them more human or like everyone else.   Not that I believe that he is weak, far from that.   He is strong in knowing whats inside him and he was smart in knowing what was going on in the palace around him as well...

Always hoping for a little more romance before his return to the palace and who knows a baby in the making of his own wouldn't be to bad either LOL:lol:  That is wishful thinking...  Where is that fairy godmother at anyways???:P

First, I agree with most who noticed —-the drama editing has the most “no transition to another scene.”  But it seems like the editor is doing it on purpose because as by hobby video editor myself you don’t cut such scene but find away to transition it calmly and smoothly. It’s bad news doing so. I hope this is not true.

Second, I got into trouble of my wish earlier this week that writernim will take it slow. These week’s episodes were so slow as I imagined last week and now I am getting crazy.  

I wished earlier that Writernim will take time to tell the story of CPs journey in learning about his people (struggles, what they were experiencing and how do they go on to their life even it’s hard) and what’s so great in having power to help and not to grasp power he the so much hate too.  But unbeknowest to him he likes the power to be help.  Haha very funny Won Duek does not want to work or want to bow when noble people pass. 

Also, Crown Prince to now see and  understand the effects of his weird rules/ decisions. I understand his anger but we also know he wants best for his nation.  But he cannot do something because he was trained not to butt in nor take care of people. And now being not in his right mind, when he goes back to the palace in 100 days not only he can make use / decide wisely of his reading into action but he can act upon it based on his actual learnings while being a commoner. He also needs to unlearn that smiling is for enjoying real lovely scenes and activities and not for putting a facade and behind it is a deadly rebellion that does not affect him at all but the people.

Crown Prince has a heart by nature but the people took away that heart that he has become accustomed to make the comfortable to “uncomfortable” things.  I also wish Dong Joo and JJY Officer will work together in the few episodes just like Jumong’s men.  It was so slow yet powerful transition of Crown Prince Jumong’s inner circle to Kingship. 

My wished also earlier that commoner’s life will last for until 8 episodes showing that Won Deuk learning from Hong Shin, CP working hard and earning so it will transition to going back to the palace and fighting head on in motivation to give justice to his mom, YIS (death) and now His people “following him and respecting him and NOT running away from him” like when he was still a child. 

Also, that the new YIS/Hong Shim and his inner circle will help him through and through.  I also want assasin brother realign his revenge;  I also want him to dethrone the CPss but that’s impossible. But anyway going back to my craziness — I am wanting to take back my wish! hahahah. But I am still okay with my original wishes. 

Waiting for next. 

By the way —- I am getting more satisfied with KyungSoo’s acting here. He was able to project his muscle mind and amenesia thing accordingly.  As we all know our muscle mind will remain intact but processing a situation is the issue of Amnesia.  It’s not about forgetting but processing function fails.  Like in one scene, his muscle mind thought of eating something delicious and he asked to name it but he cannot remember what it is.  He can also remember the cherry blossoms that is slowly attracting him to Hong Shim.   That’s so best in how projecting Amnesia. Best writernim and PDnim to project amnesia person out of KyungSoo.

He seems so comfortable acting here.  I think he can also last long here because he’s used to practing hard their Chinese/foreign language songs and conversation with their fans, synching his groups dance steps, coordinating to production set specialist to proper position in the stage avoid and safety precautions in acrobatic stance for their performances and concert but always he will not mingle but loves to sit back and relax (showing no expressions) hahaha in a corner while waiting for his turn of acting.  But he encouraged his team production just like in Hyung but he was so babied by JJS there. how ahahah! 

Nam Ji Hyun, never fails me in her acting! Her parts were spot on as she points out the wrong decision making of her husband and how it affects the household for selfish action. Hahaha so spot on. Her being Hong Shim is being a real woman — she can cook, do odd jobs, help other people and make money.  But she has grown finely, wisely even she is not anymore a lady. She will be a wonderful Princess for intelligent Prince.  

@USAFarmgirl Thanks for offering another way to see this. 

I can get a bit testy with certain characters (particularly those who are unkind or, worse, lie) within the first 3 to 6 episodes, and sometimes that means that I back off on a drama that maybe I should give it a chance for awhile longer.  I'm gonna take a deep breath with this one and hope that the prince changes his ways (although I would still like to smack him over the head).

NJH's instagram update:kiss_wink:

TFWM5EY.jpg

bRXiZ71.jpg

vo3Qxvy.jpg

Spoiler

ULicytj.jpg

rWAZdd4.jpg

Fanart

Spoiler

zB7Ut8R.png

They are cute.  HOpe for more and rising chemistry between them.  Still awkward though from the bts video

Spoiler

RFVdiM3.gif

Looking forward to this scene

Spoiler

1yRenmO.gif

cr: dc gall

What I dont like is that HS's brother is a brutal killer. He just follow his order without question. Maybe later on, it will be explain why is he doing that. But so far, he is just a typical ruthless assassin. I cant figure out yet his justification if his target his revenge toward the people to killed his father.  

5 hours ago, chdom said:

I must’ve missed this-

Did CP’s bodyguard end up dying? That would be sad. I really like Do Ji-Han.

Yes. his bodyguard already die after being shot by arrow and fell to the cliff.

After watching ep 4, I have some thoughts

- HS doesnt know that WD is the same person that promised to marry her when they were kids. In ep 4, she just said that to him without realising that just to get a grip on himself. 

- WD already remember who actually he is after some memories flashback and I doubt that he know that HS and YIS is the same person for this time being.

- WD might know that HS and YIS is the same person after he return back to the palace. There are scene on mv that he and HS sitting faced each other while HS smiled at him.

- Back in times, LY is not a CP yet when they were kids. She only knew that LY is from the noble family. Again, at that time, she maybe not know that CP/LY/WD is the same person who promised to marry her when they were kids

These are just my thoughts. Tbh, I really really want WD noticed that HS and YIS is the same person. 

Archived