[Drama 2018] 100 Days My Prince / Hundred Days' Husband, 백일의 낭군님

0ly40

4 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

its not that her dramas are always a hit.. this has to be EXO factor + saguek.

although she is really great.. but don't think suspicious or shopping luie were smash hits.. infact single digit.. and louie didn't do great..

5% 1st episode is great by all standards including sat/sun..

usually premier episode get  3%-4%.. goblin reached 8% on ep 4

Sorry I needed to correct this but SKL reached 11,5% ratings and SP reached 10% so her previous dramas had decent ratings. 

It would be delusional to think that it’s just one part of the cast that brought in all the ratings. A lot of idols including from exo didn’t always get stellar ratings so I doubt the fame of one person can guarantee good ratings.

The promotions were well done, the teasers of good quality and the story seems interesting. Knetizens also trust the acting skills of the cast. Those are all factors that are much more important. There are very well known actors whose dramas flopped because of weak script and story. So let’s enjoy the drama and the story.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some initial thoughts on the first episode. The child actors were great! They really got me engaged and it is important for me that their backstory has to be told in a way that I will easily get invested in them, and the great performances from those two child actors helped! 

Since it is just the first episode, it is understandable that there are questions, for instance, who was HS's father? Was he ally to the former king which was why he had to be eliminated? And what happened to her brother? Could it be that her brother is Muyeon, the assassin trying to kill Yul? And in the last scene, did they recognize each other? So many questions, but definitely this drama got me engaged. 

It is hard not to be biased, considering I am a fan of DKS, and I really just love NJH since Angel Eyes and have watched all of her work since then. But judging from the pilot, our leads are doing a good job so far! (yes, I am biased, sorry! :lol:)

See you after episode 2! :D

1 hour ago, daloula said:

Sorry I needed to correct this but SKL reached 11,5% ratings and SP reached 10% so her previous dramas had decent ratings. 

It would be delusional to think that it’s just one part of the cast that brought in all the ratings. A lot of idols including from exo didn’t always get stellar ratings so I doubt the fame of one person can guarantee good ratings.

The promotions were well done, the teasers of good quality and the story seems interesting. Knetizens also trust the acting skills of the cast. Those are all factors that are much more important. There are very well known actors whose dramas flopped because of weak script and story. So let’s enjoy the drama and the story.

actually it is not at all delusional to think that one person gets the rating.. enough cases where one person draws the crowd..and other benefit.. and this is across globe..

DO has a very strong track record.. with all super hits..except for i remember you which was not the top during its run..and he is one of those rare actors who actually is good at this and has made a mark both on big and small screen.. but yea.. i don't know much about idol groups.. except that exo has a crazy fan base.. whatever rocks their boat

also, correct me if wrong, but can someone remind me if SP or SKL were top of their slot.. i remember otherwise..

4 hours ago, spark101 said:

I wasn't talking about it in terms of ratings; I think she's great at picking projects because she's never picked a poorly written/produced drama, which occurs in popular and unpopular shows. And honestly, having a big idol fandom is not enough for ratings, as proven by many past projects starring idols. And the simple fact that it's a sageuk is no reason at all, lol. It's the engaging plot and interesting characters that draws in ratings.

I'm excited for the political part too. I love a meaty sageuk storyline. 

yup..agree.. but i have seen her only in two projects.. both were nice.. and i really liked her in SKL.. cute baby

@larienssi, I also thought the assassin might be her lost brother. I’m sure by now he knows who was behind the plot that killed his family. The king ascended to the throne after the assasinations. The crown prince also has the Queen to contend with to get him out of the way. It makes me wonder if the queen will eventually succeed or if the crown prince will ascend the throne in the future. How much of this is based on history? 

I also think that perhaps the king was overthrown that night by a coup. When the assasins came to the heroine’s house they were already bloody. Perhaps they were out killing other families who supported the king. When the coup was proposed to the hero’s father, he was alarmed, suggesting that a king was already on the throne. Perhaps an older brother. Little hero also said something about his father didn’t want him to study too much to avoid being a threat to the monarchy, I guess since royal relatives have to be cautious of arousing suspicion and risk being killed.

Hello all, 

I miss Soompi and Kdrama, so I'm here. I think this is the second Sageuk drama I'm going to watch until the end. Haven't seen the first episode but I've seen the trailers, so far I like it. Hopefully, I will like it more after watching the first episode. 

[100 Days My Prince] PILOT Ep 1 Do Kyung Soo's first historical drama with Nam Ji Hyun impresses viewers

100.png

Article: Naver '100 Days My Prince' Do Kyung Soo passes in his first historical drama.. Crown Prince charisma-ing

1. [+402,-13]
Husband Do Kyung Soo's acting is so good. Nam Ji Hyun did really well too. They're both so pretty!!

2. [+170,-11]
His acting is good. Do Kyung Soo is very talented. 

3. [+71,-2]
He's totally a crown prince! 

4. [+60,-3]
♡♡♡

5. [+57,-3]
Do Kyung Soo matches historical dramas well~~~

6. [+32,-0]
The episode went by smoothly, so I enjoyed watching it. The actors are pretty and handsome. They have stable acting too~~ Has Do Kyung Soo's voice always been that good? It's the first time that he's different from his appearance, I was surprised. 

7. [+18,-1]
Do Kyung Soo doesn't feel like someone who is doing historical drama for the first time, really.. 

8. [+19,-3]
Firstly, his voice is good, his diction is outstanding, so listening to him felt good. 

9. [+14,-0]
Been a while since I've been a first broadcast killer. The drama is so interesting that time just flew by. ㅠㅠ I'll be a first broadcast killer today too!!! I'm supporting Do Kyung Soo!!

10. [+16,-5]

I was holding prejudices against him while watching because he's a singer, but his acting is so good... He did well in Along With The Gods too.... But instead, the female lead? Her satoori is awkward... ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Her voice sounds like Kim Soo Hyun too. 

days.png

Article: Naver '100 Days My Prince' Do Kyung Soo x Nam Ji Hyun, affectionate romance

1. [+643,-22]
The drama is interesting~ I'm planning to watch this today too^^

2. [+332,-38]
Do Kyung Soo's acting is so good. 

3. [+229,-7]
It's not boring, and the development is fast so I enjoyed watching it. The actor's acting are on the stable side too, which is good. I'm planning to watch this today too. 

4. [+187,-9]
The story development is fast, and the narrations are strong. And leads and supporting actors are all good at acting. The cinematography and music are the best in history too. ㅠㅠㅠㅠ I'll be looking forward to today's episode!!!!

5. [+150,-9]
Actor Do Kyung Soo and Actress Nam Ji Hyun only had one scene together, but their chemistry is no joke. I'm looking forward to episode 2. From now on, I'll be watching 100 Days My Prince on Mondays and Tuesdays. 

6. [+21,-0]
Do Kyung Soo's voice is so good, he's good at expressing his lines too. Of course, his acting is good. I'll be a first broadcast killer today. 

7. [+20,-2]
Nam Ji Hyun's charisma is the best. Do Kyung Soo x Nam Ji Hyun is the combination that makes me look forward to~~

8. [+17,-0]

The child actor surprised me. I thought I was the one who lost my mother. 

cr

So I decided to just jump in and live watch epi 2 today.....haven't watched first yet just read the recap.

CP sure is a smart guy. He figured out why, suddenly his wife and her father are pushing for consummation and on the other hand trying to kill him with poison??...or to make him sick.

Spoiler

CPss figured CP was not going to put out no matter what so she got herself knocked up with some other guy. Now in order for her child to become the heir to throne the CP has to die so that he can't renounce the child as not his. Wow this girl got all the conniving genes from her dad. CP brought a lady doctor to his wife to check her pulse and confirm his doubts....but his wife's refusal and her scared face was enough of a giveaway. I think CP ordered her to abort it but instead she asked her father to kill CP off....so as to not ruin everything they've worked for all this time.

CP seemed to be on borrowed time since the start. He must have hated living his life, his tense relationship with his family.....no one he could trust and believe in ...poor guy. The only person he seems to trust is his bodyguard who I hope is not dead coz CP needs loyal friends like that...someone who's ready to sacrifice their life for you.

His father may care for him but he cares more for power and is controlled by people who made it possible for him to sit on that throne. He got shut down so easily when they told him they can't reveal that CP was missing or killed. Did they even send people to look for him? Seems more like they sent people who'll kill him if they find him alive. 

Anyways todays episode felt a bit slow....maybe since a lot happened yesterday so they had to slow the pace down a bit for upcoming rom-com track.

Hi :D

I decided to watch the first ep today because the teaser gave me moon embraces the sun vibes and that's my favourite drama ever. So one episode in and I can say that I'm super hooked on this. This drama has potential I love the cast. The child actors really did a good job and episode moved fast, exactly how I like it.

For some reason all historical dramas that I end up liking have a gummy ost, concidence? 

lol.. this is so funny..

i am half way through the first episode

1. The kid = same kid from goblin who plays seung jae.. = brilliant actor and oh so cute

2. Goblin joke when prince escapes to library on the night he is supposed to spend time with princess.. and the book he reads.. "For this goblin, every day was a good day" - literally, word by word the dialogue from goblin

this is going to be fun

2 hours ago, dito said:

So I decided to just jump in and live watch epi 2 today.....haven't watched first yet just read the recap.

CP sure is a smart guy. He figured out why, suddenly his wife and her father are pushing for consummation and on the other hand trying to kill him with poison??...or to make him sick.

Hide contents

CPss figured CP was not going to put out no matter what so she got herself knocked up with some other guy. Now in order for her child to become the heir to throne the CP has to die so that he can't renounce the child as not his. Wow this girl got all the conniving genes from her dad. CP brought a lady doctor to his wife to check her pulse and confirm his doubts....but his wife's refusal and her scared face was enough of a giveaway. I think CP ordered her to abort it but instead she asked her father to kill CP off....so as to not ruin everything they've worked for all this time.

CP seemed to be on borrowed time since the start. He must have hated living his life, his tense relationship with his family.....no one he could trust and believe in ...poor guy. The only person he seems to trust is his bodyguard who I hope is not dead coz CP needs loyal friends like that...someone who's ready to sacrifice their life for you.

His father may care for him but he cares more for power and is controlled by people who made it possible for him to sit on that throne. He got shut down so easily when they told him they can't reveal that CP was missing or killed. Did they even send people to look for him? Seems more like they sent people who'll kill him if they find him alive. 

Anyways todays episode felt a bit slow....maybe since a lot happened yesterday so they had to slow the pace down a bit for upcoming rom-com track.

thanks

@dito. I kind of wish the CP stays missing and not go back to the palace but I also do not want that official and his daughter to succeed with their plan. Ah, so many conflicting emotions here.

Honestly speaking, do kyung soo was not my first choice for the male lead- my preference would be for one of the former child actors around ji hyun's age to reunite with her in a sageuk(namely, lee hyun woo). 

However, even though I'm not a fan of exo or do kyung soo, I was so impressed today in the scenes with the crown princess. He nailed the sageuk-style speech, the expressions, etc. The chilling tension between the crown prince and princess was the highlight of this episode for me. There's honestly nothing to criticize about his acting, and I think he'll develop a lot of versatility and nuance through this drama. And of course, our young veteran queen nam ji hyun is great as usual. 

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

Hide contents

thanks

@dito. I kind of wish the CP stays missing and not go back to the palace but I also do not want that official and his daughter to succeed with their plan. Ah, so many conflicting emotions here.

Yeah me too. I don't want him to go back anytime soon....for 10 episodes atleast...that palace is such a toxic place for him. Some people...including his wife were praying for him to not be alive/come back.

I have a feeling Kim ChaEon and his daughter won't be getting their way so easily. The queen wants her son to sit on the throne. For her this is the great opportunity to achieve it....I'm not sure though what kind of power she has backing her.

Another thing....I've been reading people here saying MY might be YS/HS's brother but I first thought JJY might be it but then I saw the character chart and he has a one sided love line with her ...so who knows.....Can he be her brother's friend or something? I felt he was waiting for her on that bridge. And if MY is her brother, why is he working for the guy that killed his father and for all he knows, his sister.

1 hour ago, spark101 said:

Honestly speaking, do kyung soo was not my first choice for the male lead- my preference would be for one of the former child actors around ji hyun's age to reunite with her in a sageuk(namely, lee hyun woo). 

However, even though I'm not a fan of exo or do kyung soo, I was so impressed today in the scenes with the crown princess. He nailed the sageuk-style speech, the expressions, etc. The chilling tension between the crown prince and princess was the highlight of this episode for me. There's honestly nothing to criticize about his acting, and I think he'll develop a lot of versatility and nuance through this drama. And of course, our young veteran queen nam ji hyun is great as usual. 

I'm not into K-pop so I never knew him before I saw him in a drama. I have to tell you, the first time I saw this guy he was playing a cold blooded serial killer and they way he played it gave me chills and charmed me all at the same time. He has surprised me again and again with his raw talent. Yes he needs finesse in some areas but that comes with practice and he's getting there the right way.... with good projects and characters that challenge him. 

Ever since NJH started playing main lead roles I have been waiting for her to reunite with Kim SooHyun, Song JoongKi, Yeo GinGu, Kang HaNuel....I think she had some of the best chemistry with these actors during the child roles.

54 minutes ago, spark101 said:

you need to see his other work.. he is good.. really good

@dito, the queen has supporters. Remember they officials in episode 1 who were proposing the replacement of the crown prince with the other son. The crown princess’ father shut him down but who knows what kind of strength is behind the other faction. I really don’t want the crown princess’ father to get his way. However, the thing about sageuk is that people who plotted and killed can still end up in power even at the end. 

I have to watch episode 2 to understand more of your speculation about the relationships between the characters.

3 hours ago, spark101 said:

Honestly speaking, do kyung soo was not my first choice for the male lead- my preference would be for one of the former child actors around ji hyun's age to reunite with her in a sageuk(namely, lee hyun woo)

Same here. I would love to see a Lee Hyun Woo-Nam Ji Hyun sageuk drama as well as a Yeo Jin Goo-Nam Ji Hyun sageuk drama. I'm still wishing these pairings would come true. 

//

I've only saw the first episode and I will have to say that I was not disappointed. Plot development, cinematography, music, acting, and everything was done beautifully and interesting. It's very rare for a first episode to hook me in right away and this drama did it. I love that the first episode introduces all of the key characters. Plus, the politics wasn't boring (I usually hate the politics part in Sageuk). I like how they kept the childhood moments short, simple, and bittersweet. I like that they explained why the Crown Prince made all of the maids get marry and why Hong Shim made up the story of Won-Deuk. I'm sooo looking forward to episode 2. 

Archived